IGNORED

RC Sproul Jr, 2016 MERGED

DomWackTroll

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What made me think they might already be married is that Lisa posted the same pic on Oct. 15 and when asked where they were replied, "PA." Would they admit to traveling alone together if they were not married? 

Lisa had a tubal pregnancy 27 years ago. But “God divinely transplanted her in the safety of my uterus, bringing Glory to His Name!”

I'm sure Spanky's already using this alleged experience in his harassment of pregnant women. 

Sheesh, when I first saw the picture, I thought it was No-Hustle Russell.  If he ever even got next to a woman so attractive, he'd probably pass out.  And then start cranking out selfies.

• 2 weeks later...

She's a stone-cold fox at any age, but 50!? Phew!

Maths time. She had her 3rd daughter 27 years ago so she was 23 for her 3rd. Even If she had a baby every 12 months, she would've been 21 at the birth of her first. 

My point?! Exclusively this: she may well have had A Past that Spanky will be able to exploit to his violent advantage. And it's a shame that I even had that as my very first thought. 

Domestic violence is hideous in EVERY case. When a woman with such great looks and accomplishments willingly attaches herself to an alcoholic wife-beater, it's doubly frustrating. Because one presumes she could do just fine on her own. Unlike a woman with no way to support herself, or a woman whose looks do not fall into the "beautiful" category, one would think someone like Lisa would not settle for Spanky. 

Please accept my apologies for possibly sounding shallow or smug or judgmental. I just hate to see anybody attached to Spanky Sproul. Ugggghhhhh...... |~<

We can always hope he's changed, @MamaJunebug.

I was really surprised, the last time I saw him (after his wife died but before the Ashley Madison thing). Our former church paid him to come and speak a few times. He seemed tired and discouraged.

For the new wife's sake, I hope he's re-thought domestic discipline (is that the euphemistic name for wife-beating?), and I hope he's realized that alcohol is not his good friend and has put a little distance between himself and the bottle.

p.s. The above was written with absolutely no idea what the guy has been saying/teaching the past two years. We have been almost totally out of touch with the patriarchal crowd for more than two years now. And celebrating.

A comment on his profile page as of Halloween said they were engaged, not yet married. He didn't answer a question of when the ceremony would be. 

Jr.'s standing in the ministry is odd. He is allowed to preach with Ligonier and Reformation, but not at St. Andrews as part of the church leadership. He is not an elder or deacon and the family very much flies under the radar. Then again, it's also not Sproul's church– it's a separate church where Sr. was asked to join the staff, so the governing body is separate from Sr.'s personal ministry and they have a say against the Sproul family. It seems that as Jr. gets more radical, the establishments get more wary of him. The church set their boundaries and I believe other churches with similar theology are following suit (his statements are inflammatory to many church leaders). Ligonier and Reformation are just the last to take hold, possibly because Sr. is so important there, but even Sr. does not condone all of his son's actions. I doubt that as Sr.'s health declines, Jr. will have sway for any significant time. 

Well, I might be a little late to ask that, but when and where did Sproul state to beat his wife? I have no doubt about him being an abusive man, I just want to read it with my own eyes. And whats with him and alcohol? Sorry, for being so undereducated in these matters.

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

Well, I might be a little late to ask that, but when and where did Sproul state to beat his wife? I have no doubt about him being an abusive man, I just want to read it with my own eyes. And whats with him and alcohol? Sorry, for being so undereducated in these matters.

Fair questions!

Here's a little reading material

http://rc-sproul-jr.blogspot.com/2006/01/drinking-with-rc-sproul-jr.html?m=1

http://hushmoney.org/saint_peter_presbyterian_disclaimer.htm

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/?s=Sproul&submit=Search

I've spent a few minutes looking for the unfortunate video of Spanky in his cups during a basement lecture to men and boys. 

Whether he himself has written or spoken on domestic discipline aka wife beating, I do not know. I do remember reading a report of ear-witness accounts on a blog I respected and quoting serious sources. 

I'd look further but I'm off to find my camp stool to sit in line at my polling place. Can't stand up for the hour-plus waits that are being reported metro-wide. *vote!*

I think this was a spinoff from the DPIAT threads, but didn't someone recount being a guest of RC Jr, when RC took his late wife upstairs and, it was obvious to his guests, that he was spanking her?  Awkward. 

Did Spanky promote spanking ("domestic discipline") in his writing?

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I think this was a spinoff from the DPIAT threads, but didn't someone recount being a guest of RC Jr, when RC took his late wife upstairs and, it was obvious to his guests, that he was spanking her?  Awkward. 

Did Spanky promote spanking ("domestic discipline") in his writing?

Right, but I don't recall the report of the spanking coming from a FJite. I could be wrong.  Distressingly unable to find the video where he's incoherent and his acolytes are looking very nervous. 

I hope he's sober and sensible but in case he isn't, I pray for his fiancée's wellbeing doubly!

ETA: @Howl & @ophelia, here's something

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/01/03/the-christian-patriarchy-movements-dark-secret-of-wife-spanking/

AETA: a little something from the Wayback Machine. Which apparently RC, Sr., wanted him to dispose of?

https://web.archive.org/web/20061206193557/http://rc-sproul-jr.netfirms.com/ligonier_tales_intro.html

27 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Yes, this is exactly it. This is the money quote and thank you for tracking it down!  

From Spiritual Sounding Board: We pick up the story on the topic of domestic violence as Ghirard shares what happened next at Sproul Jr.’s home:

After supper as we sat in the living room with RC and his children. Denise was cleaning up in the kitchen. RC got up to go in the kitchen. Denise must have done something to make him mad because he angrily told her, “Go to your room”. It sounded just like he was talking to a little child. Denise went to their bedroom and a little later RC went up and we could hear him spanking her. She stayed up there a long time before she came back down. The look on her face told all. She was humiliated and ashamed. It was the most awkward supper we’d ever had in anyone’s home. We didn’t accept anymore invitations from RC after that.

Hence "Spanky" Sproul.

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

To the extent one can in such matters, Julie Anne at SSB verified the reports of Spanky Sproul's behavior, as she says in response to someone who challenged her:

As far as RC Sproul, Jr. goes – you are mistaken, there were 2 men I quoted in the article and I spoke with a pastor who shared his personal experience, so that’s 3 individuals. I have the pastor’s name, phone number, and e-mail address that I spoke with. This pastor is legit. During our conversation, I was searching online and I found his church online, sermons online, pictures of him, etc. I believe these three individuals because they all share the same details.

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I didn't read it all the way through (I had read it before, though, I'm pretty sure. The pictures looked familiar). But an old memory stirred at mention of the Highlands Study Center linked together with alcohol. I'm remembering a controversy (don't know if it gained any traction) about a student coming to the study center who was an alcoholic and did not drink, and he got shamed into drinking by the crowd of "social drinkers" in that faith community.

Does anyone else remember that particular story?

1 hour ago, refugee said:

I didn't read it all the way through (I had read it before, though, I'm pretty sure. The pictures looked familiar). But an old memory stirred at mention of the Highlands Study Center linked together with alcohol. I'm remembering a controversy (don't know if it gained any traction) about a student coming to the study center who was an alcoholic and did not drink, and he got shamed into drinking by the crowd of "social drinkers" in that faith community.

Does anyone else remember that particular story?

That one, no -- but the premise doesn't sound outside the pale of possibility for Ike Spanks. Consider the imbibing that was reported to have taken place when he was minister of a congregation in Virginia (IIRC):

https://ministrywatchman.wordpress.com/category/highlands-study-center/

Now the potential downer: *might* ministry watchman have been the blog of the somewhat dubious Jen Epstein? Not that her involvement would skunk things. 

I checked her fb page -- she goes by Jen Fishburne now.  Not seeing any updates on her Jen's Gems blog since 2015, when she was blogging about Kent Hovind. She was an election official at a polling location in San Antonio and is thrilled with Trump's win. 

9 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Now the potential downer: *might* ministry watchman have been the blog of the somewhat dubious Jen Epstein? Not that her involvement would skunk things. 

Here's a link to a Ministry Watchmen blog titled "An Open Letter to Mark and Jen Epstein"  https://ministrywatchmen.wordpress.com/2007/01/08/an-open-letter-to-mark-and-jennifer-epstein/

Holy baloney, what horrible cesspool of kinism did I just stumble onto with Ministry Watchmen?  The American Nazi Party, Aryan Nations and Peter Kershaw are on their blogroll.  I don't think this could be Jen's blog because the article above is calling her out and basically excoriating her and Mark, but they do reference her blog, Frank Vance,  Sproul and BCA.  I can't quite make sense of it. 

On 11/8/2016 at 10:26 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Ministry Watchman is Peter Kershaw, AKA the repulsive TW Eston, who co-blogged with Jen Fishburne at Jen's Gems during the Fall of the Tool.  He was outed by SSB ages ago. 

He also ran a defunct blog called Little Geneva.  He's had it in for both DPIAT and Spanky for years.  They are not nearly racist enough for Kershaw.

On 11/9/2016 at 7:38 AM, Howl said:

Holy baloney, what horrible cesspool of kinism did I just stumble onto with Ministry Watchmen?  

Yes.  I went down that rabbit hole a couple of years ago.  It needs a warning label and a hazmat suit.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived