IGNORED

My friend saw Mama Duggar in the grocery store

Kitchen Princess

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Clearly someone is with her and she just got separated. I'm sure Guest Services sorted it out. 

There likely was a younger J'kid somewhere.  This is what she'd consider "one on one" time.  She has to give face time to each blessing atleast a half hour a week.  I think its in one of their specials... or maybe that was kid farm!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

But the convent shoes and black wrist watch are firmly in place.

Hey, Hey, Hey, JB (now that I have your attention), can you spring for a very nice, dressy watch for Michelle for Christmas? 

LOL, is there anything in that cart? MD looks so out of place-

I won't snark too much on the watch. I've worn a collection of simple, classic Timexes for 38 years. In fact, I just broke the winding stem off of one,si I had to make a mad dash to the store to replace it before a meeting last night. I'm not an expensive watch kind of person.

54 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I won't snark too much on the watch. I've worn a collection of simple, classic Timexes for 38 years. In fact, I just broke the winding stem off of one,si I had to make a mad dash to the store to replace it before a meeting last night. I'm not an expensive watch kind of person.

Would you wear it to your daughter's wedding? Or to a black tie political affair?

Maybe I am odd, but I've always had more than 1 watch- 1 casual and another for dressier occasions.

3 minutes ago, nst said:

I am not a watch girl - I am a handbag girl - specifically leather handbags from Europe 

I wont' tell you how many I have 

:argumentative:

Truth be told, except for when I'm flying, which admittedly is pretty frequently,  I never wear a watch. I am retired and always have my iPhone on hand, so why would I need a watch?

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Truth be told, except for when I'm flying, which admittedly is pretty frequently,  I never wear a watch. I am retired and always have my iPhone on hand, so why would I need a watch?

that is the excuse I use - except for the retired part HA 

His holiness the Boob made a complete balls up when he chose Meechelles ring. He wouldn't have a clue how to choose a nice watch for her.

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Would you wear it to your daughter's wedding? Or to a black tie political affair?

Maybe I am odd, but I've always had more than 1 watch- 1 casual and another for dressier occasions.

When I was growing up, my dad was the executive director of a significant non-profit and a big deal in his field, but he always made a point of wearing a black Casio. It was his way of rejecting the Rolex culture around him. And yes, he wore it with everything. I assume Michelle's watch-wearing is more practical than it is a statement, but I don't think it's particularly snarkworthy. Now, the green shirt? Oh my heavens yes.

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I've never found myself at a black tie dinner, but I do have a Timex with a black face and black band that I use as my best watch, except during the summer. I've tried the nicer style with the metal band, but have pinched myself in the band. I usually wear an Expedition model with a brown or black band, depending on the other colors I'm wearing. Probably the last time I went without my watch is the last time I went to the beach.

I quit wearing watches a long time ago, but my fiance (oh btw I got engaged) got me an apple watch  for mother's day, and I love it and forget to charge it and wear it every day.  It is basically useless.

I always wear the same watch. I never take it off. Never. (Ok except for the MRIs... And the surgery... And the time the band broke....)

I only have one formal dress, which I wear about once a year or so. At least, that was before I gained all this weight...

I dunno, I mean, I can't snark on Michelle too Much for this sort of thing... At least she's not blowing lots of money on expensive clothes. Unless she is behind the scenes and I just don't know about it.

1 hour ago, Trynn said:

I always wear the same watch. I never take it off. Never. (Ok except for the MRIs... And the surgery... And the time the band broke....)

I only have one formal dress, which I wear about once a year or so. At least, that was before I gained all this weight...

I dunno, I mean, I can't snark on Michelle too Much for this sort of thing... At least she's not blowing lots of money on expensive clothes. Unless she is behind the scenes and I just don't know about it.

My hubs has had one since the day after they were released. He keeps asking me if I want one...Nah- I'm a sweater, and watches drive me nuts most of the time. I'd likely take it off, throw it in my purse and forget I even own it.

I have a silver lady's pocket watch on a long chain. I like to wear it as a necklace. It's come in handy at hardcore historical reenactments when everyone is surreptitiously looking at their phone in their pocket, trying not to show their 21st century technology, and I have my nice historical watch. Got it online for like fifteen bucks. And it's pretty snazzy in the modern world, too, looks like a locket.

50 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

I have a silver lady's pocket watch on a long chain. I like to wear it as a necklace. It's come in handy at hardcore historical reenactments when everyone is surreptitiously looking at their phone in their pocket, trying not to show their 21st century technology, and I have my nice historical watch. Got it online for like fifteen bucks. And it's pretty snazzy in the modern world, too, looks like a locket.

I have a super fancy, tutor-esque locket with a Timex inside that I use for the same reason (looks ridiculous with real clothes though - way too ornate)(its costume jewelry, in case that wasn't clear).

That's an interesting photo of Michelle. It looks like she's been stuck there unchanged for nearly 30 years and the whole world has changed around her.

Seriously though, if she had a nice shorter skirt and a plain top she'd look so much nicer.

Does she use conditioner or is her hair just fried beyond repair??

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 0:07 PM, bingbangboom said:

I think I'll be a Duggar for Halloween. I have so many bible tracts that I can bust out! (Don't judge me, I collect them) I'll need to get a KJV bible and denim skirt though. Goodnews! It'll be a high of 80 on the Devils birthday, so the flip flops will be comfy!

Too bad you don't live near me. I have a different kind of tract that you could give out as a Duggar, especially if you dressed up as Joshley. The last time I went to Vegas, my traveling companion, who had never been there before, was amazed at the folks who constantly press small flyers into every passing guy's hand. The flyers advertise scantily-clad women who will show the guy a "good time". My friend stuffed my purse full of them. Gee, thanks dude! And, then, because he overpacked, they didn't fit into his suitcase, so they came home in mine. I hope TSA didn't pick my suitcase to open...  You could give those flyers out!

Holy crap, I was sorta dressed like Michelle only parallel universe style. My clogs are actually cute, well for clogs, I had a knee length jean skirt, and non-Gothard approved short hair, though it is a Bob... Plus, I was buying wine and good cheese.  

Like Michelle,  I'm sure,  I'm not cooking tonight. The kiddos had peanut butter sandwiches or cereal for dinner. One Star Parenting! 

Ok Ladies-

Let's all admit that for a lady of 50 years, who has had 19 children and double digit pregnancies, she looks pretty damn good. She makes herself a priority, that is for sure!

Just now, SassyPants said:

Ok Ladies-

Let's all admit that for a lady of 50 years, who has had 19 children and double digit pregnancies, she looks pretty damn good. She makes herself a priority, that is for sure!

ETA- I doubt her girls will fare as well.

On 10/26/2016 at 3:38 PM, Buzzard said:

There likely was a younger J'kid somewhere.  This is what she'd consider "one on one" time. 

I remember that, she was so proud of giving each child solo time. Now her youngest kid is 6, Josie's much too old to need anyone besides her buddy. 

11 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Compare her normal look to her "gifted" makeover in 2012.  Crazy!

Duggar-mom-makeover.jpg

Her friend did SUCH a good job on that makeover. It's a shame she hated it so much. The hair really, really suited her. She looks like a totally different (and much younger) woman.

10 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Compare her normal look to her "gifted" makeover in 2012.  Crazy!

Duggar-mom-makeover.jpg

She looks 40 and gorgeous in the after photo.

His High Holiness J Boob can't be having that, other men may gaze upon her countenance. 

He must feel very insecure to require Michelle  make the worst of herself instead of the best of herself.

Archived