IGNORED

I NEED a new finishing powder - help?

Mela99

I am going to buy a new finishing powder. No color or shimmer, matte translucent only. I am considering the Amazonian Clay one by Tart or Bye Bye Pores by IT Cosmetics. I was never terribly impressed with the mineral veil from Bare Minerals.

Any other suggestions? Drugstore or salon quality, either suggestion is fine. 

Gurlllll!!! Amazonian Clay is the shit, I love it. I do use the tinted one, because I find the white one leaves a little bit of a cast/chalky look. Another really nice one -also tinted- is the Cover FX one. LOVE either!

I'm still looking for a good loose powder since Estee Lauder discontinued their Lucidity powder last year.  Their new powder is way too dark in the lightest shade.  The container is half the size and $10 more, too.  The reviews on the Estee Lauder site for the "replacement" Perfectionist powder are scathing especially from those of us who used Transparent.  Why in the hell would a company discontinue a powder that had been perfect for about 30 years?  They still make Lucidity pressed powder, but I don't want pressed powder.

Elizabeth Arden makes a powder that lots of ex-Lucidity customers love.  I'll just have to see if it's the right shade.  The Lancome powder I've been using looks a little funky.  The texture is nice, but the color looks a bit weird.

I use Coty's Airspun. It's an oldie but goodie, and you get a very generous amount for the price.

I use NYX HD Finishing Powder in translucent. I have the pressed but i think they have a loose version as well

I use tarte's a little goes a long way and I've seen professional make up artists use it 

On 11/5/2016 at 0:42 PM, RosyDaisy said:

I use Coty's Airspun. It's an oldie but goodie, and you get a very generous amount for the price.

Where do you get Coty Airspun these days?  (Well other than Vermont Country Store?  I don't know that they have Airspun, but they do have lots of other old cosmetic brands like Tangee lipstick.)

Where do you get Coty Airspun these days?  (Well other than Vermont Country Store?  I don't know that they have Airspun, but they do have lots of other old cosmetic brands like Tangee lipstick.)

Walmart, Walgreen's, and CVS sell it here.

• 2 months later...

Update on the powder dilemma:  I'd just bought a new box of Lancome powder in their lightest shade which is still not right when I checked out the Estee Lauder site and found out that they now make their Perfectionist powder in Translucent.  It's perfect!  It's the same color as their Transparent Lucidity powder.  Now I need to leave a comment on the EL site.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the makeup for ever ultra HD one. Its a good powder but I think most high end brands finishing powders are about the same, but it was the packaging that sold me on that one. Much less messy than other loose powders. I haven't seen other brands use that type yet but they might.

• 1 month later...

@GoatZombie,  that packaging for the powder looks interesting.  

Estee Lauder's first iteration of their Lucidity powder had a fine screen on the top of the powder which I liked way better than the top with holes on it that many powders now have.  The only problem with the screen was that the screen was easy to remove while the hole-y top is not.  The screen was not only easy to remove for me, but also for a toddler daughter who spilled about half a brand new box of powder on the bed.  Yep, I scraped most of it up and put it back in the box.  I was not going to waste that powder!

• 3 months later...

Coty Airspun Powder is my go to, it's good and translucent, mattifys perfectly, and is inexpensive ($10 on Amazon) compared to Sephora powders. Powders are something that you don't need to invest in as much as other products, so I'd recommend going drugstore on this one. 

Archived