IGNORED

Jack Chick died

ADoyle90815

I'll bet he's rather surprised at where he ended up.  I'm sure Jesus loved the amount of hatred he spread for his fellow man.

I spent a couple days when I had surgery reading every single tract on his website. He is ill, there's no other way to explain his bizarre behavior and ideas. Way more bizarre than just about anyone we follow here.

My boyfriend is one of many who collects Chick comics. I used to find them pinned to the bulletin boards in a major car company headquarters (on the marketing floor, of all places). They are their own brand of hateful insanity.

I'm not one to celebrate when someone dies, but I find it hard to get too upset over someone who has spread so many lies and hatred in his lifetime. I still recall that awful comic someone here linked to awhile back about the man raping the little girl and giving her VD but then he found Jesus and it was all okay. Or something like that. 

Hopefully his empire crumbles and the tracts all vanish.

Good riddance. I had to pass those things out as a kid. Ok for a laugh (and some are genuinely funny) but absolutely horrific at the same time.

Candy will be heartbroken. He was one of her primary sources for 'research' and I don't doubt she is still handing out the tracts. She is very proud to give them to trick or treaters instead of candy.

Popping the cork on a nice bottle of bubbly right now!:Yes:

No I do not usually celebrate anyone's death but this is for Lisa (subject of the worst tract of all time). Horrible, hateful man, I hope you are burning in hell right now.

I think it's funny that he died right before the holiday he was most paranoid about, Halloween. I'm not usually one to celebrate someone's death, but he was an extremely hateful man who is responsible for the worst tract of all time, "Lisa." For that, I hope he's burning in hell at this moment.

When I was reading a few articles about Jack Chick's death, I found a link to this parody of Chick Tracts with Donald Trump as the subject. Pure gold.

8 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

When I was reading a few articles about Jack Chick's death, I found a link to this parody of Chick Tracts with Donald Trump as the subject. Pure gold.

It's the work of the Sub-Genius sect, which was parodying religion long before the Spaghetti Monster cult surfaced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius

4 hours ago, Inthemadhouse said:

I'll bet he's rather surprised at where he ended up.  I'm sure Jesus loved the amount of hatred he spread for his fellow man.

My first thought was "I wonder where he ended up."

12 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Love the takeoff on the Church of the SubGenius. One doesn't hear much about J.R. "Bob" Dobbs these days.

Good. So many of those damned tracts from my childhood, full of such crap.

Though there is ONE exception: The infamous Dark Dungeons tract. It is so hilariously incorrect about what D&D is that a guy actually wanted to make a movie based on it, called Jack Chick to get permission - and actually got it?!

What makes it so funny is that the cast plays all their roles totally straight.

The tract:

http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=0046

The movie: http://www.darkdungeonsthemovie.com

Another infamous thing, in geek circles, with Chick is two lengthy anti-D&D articles posted on the site, written by one W. Schnoebelen that actually claims that H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos is a real thing... Something that just has to be seen to be believed:

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, paganbaby said:

It's the work of the Sub-Genius sect, which was parodying religion long before the Spaghetti Monster cult surfaced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius

My partner and a friend were huge into him. One of them has a "Bob" shirt from the late 80's early 90's. I saw people doing stuff with them in CA at Venice Beach and near Glastonbury in the UK.

Always nice to see them brought up as takes me back.

I only hope he isn't disappointed to find hell less ridiculously, over the top, then what he pictured and drew?

4 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I'm not one to celebrate when someone dies, but I find it hard to get too upset over someone who has spread so many lies and hatred in his lifetime. I still recall that awful comic someone here linked to awhile back about the man raping the little girl and giving her VD but then he found Jesus and it was all okay. Or something like that. 

Hopefully his empire crumbles and the tracts all vanish.

Just accidentally discovered a link to a discussion of this tract. 

https://jackchick.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/chick-tract-review-lisa/

ETA just went and read that tract and it is the most jacked up thing I have read in ages!!! Horrible!

15 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Candy will be heartbroken. He was one of her primary sources for 'research' and I don't doubt she is still handing out the tracts. She is very proud to give them to trick or treaters instead of candy.

... idiot. The trick to getting messages to trick or treaters is giving them with candy, so they come back next year.

He's going to be real surprised when he gets upstairs and St. Pete is dressed like this... SaintPete.png

Welcome, Mr. Chick!  Now you were saying...?

Whoa!  Catholics were responsible for the Holocaust?  Why did I not learn that in my twelve years of Catholic school, or in that Holocaust class I took in college?

1 hour ago, Arix said:

... idiot. The trick to getting messages to trick or treaters is giving them with candy, so they come back next year.

Giving out tracts alone is a great way to get one's house egged or TP'd. Then again, someone who does that would be able to claim "persecution."

Archived