IGNORED

Australian spider catches mouse

47of74

Yikes;

theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/oct/24/australia-giant-spider-mouse-carry-horrifying-impressive?CMP=fb_gu

Australia’s litany of fearsome fauna seems to have a new entry. Added to deadly snakes, man-eating crocodiles and poisonous jellyfish comes Hermie the huntsman, a spider so unusually large and strong that it had no problem carrying a sizeable mouse up the outside of a fridge.

Hermie’s feat was captured on film by Jason Wormal, a tradesman from Coppabella in Queensland, who was heading out to work in the early hours of Monday morning when he says he received an offer from a neighbour that he couldn’t refuse.

“So I am just about to leave for work about 0030 and me neighbour says ‘You want to see something cool’ and I say ‘Hell yeah’, he wrote on Facebook.

“So we proceed to his place and he shows me this. Huntsman trying to eat a mouse.”

I thought it was a spider Bart Simpson took down to Australia, but remembered just now it was a frog.

This does NOT belong in "Pets & Animals". We need a new thread called "Scary Friggin' Monsters & Other Things That Cause Nightmares "!

If I saw that spider in my house I would have to burn it all!  I don't mind little spiders but this is a f@#^ing monster.  Right out of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. 

This just put my I-Want-To-Travel-The-World daughter off of ever wanting to visit Australia.  @JMO  I'd have to torch my place too.

I'm going to send this to my husband.  He has a phobia, and this should sufficiently creep him out.  Hehe.  It's Halloween.  And I love him.  :pb_lol:

Luckily the 'play' button covers most of this monstrosity. I cannot and will not press that play button.  Not least because then I would almost be touching the spider.

Here is a terrible-because-it's-cropped photo of my brave little grandson at his third birthday party yesterday.  (Also there were large snakes.)

Spoiler

IMG_2567.PNG

Just now, Fascinated said:

Luckily the 'play' button covers most of this monstrosity. I cannot and will not press that play button.  Not least because then I would almost be touching the spider.

Here is a terrible-because-it's-cropped photo of my brave little grandson at his third birthday party yesterday.  (Also there were large snakes.)

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_2567.PNG

Christ. I REALLY need to remember NOT to click spoilers on threads like these. 

Nightmares. 

3 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Christ. I REALLY need to remember NOT to click spoilers on threads like these. 

Nightmares. 

Sorry.  At least I did put the damn thing under a spoiler, though. I had to look at it in order to do so, which was not nice. 

1 hour ago, Gossamer1 said:

This does NOT belong in "Pets & Animals". We need a new thread called "Scary Friggin' Monsters & Other Things That Cause Nightmares "!

I was debating whether to put this in wild word of snark or here in pets & animals.

Yeah maybe we do need a monsters thread.  Where we can do the monster mash, the graveyard smash...

27 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Sorry.  At least I did put the damn thing under a spoiler, though. I had to look at it in order to do so, which was not nice. 

It's OK. It's not your fault. :pb_lol::P 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I should hire this spider to get food for my snake.  ;) 

I haven't seen the spider video in question (shudders) and I'm getting much better about my snake phobia.  I'm sure they both make lovely pets.

That mental picture though.  :fainting:

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I haven't seen the spider video in question (shudders) and I'm getting much better about my snake phobia.  I'm sure they both make lovely pets.

That mental picture though.  :fainting:

My sister hates that one scene in Superman II where the snake bites that nice lady in the black leather Kryptonian get-up.  And cheers when said snake does something stupid and gets cremated in the process.

Archived