IGNORED

Man shoots fridge, it explodes, injuring another man.

47of74

Someone in Bernard, Iowa thought it'd be a right good idea to shoot a refrigerator full of explosives.

thonline.com/news/tri-state/article_2b6d493e-0797-56f4-b7f7-6ad0135edb12.html

Authorities said a man was struck and injured by shrapnel after another man shot four pounds of explosives that had been placed inside a refrigerator.

Greg R. Curoe, 28, no address available, was taken to Mercy Medical Center-Dubuque for treatment, according to Dubuque County Sheriff Don Vrotsos.

Vrotsos said authorities were called at 5:24 p.m. Sunday to 18239 Callahan Road after receiving a report of a person injured during target shooting. Nate M. Johnson, 31, of that address, had put explosive material commonly used in target practice inside of a refrigerator. 

Vrotsos said Johnson shot the target, which exploded. Curoe was struck by a piece of shrapnel sent flying in the blast, according to Vrotsos. 

(This is the only place I can find this story.  I've tried to find a non-paywall copy but no luck so far). 

Fortunately Curoe will recovery.  Sheriff says no charges because it was an accident.

If I ever write a torts book I may have to use this one...

Sounds like a tannerite incident.  

My guess is Tannerite Boy will not ace his MCAT or LSAT.

And poop to the Sheriff who thought this was ok.

File this one under "Stupid Human Tricks" and "Failed Darwin Award Attempts." 

38 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Sounds like a tannerite incident.  

My guess is Tannerite Boy will not ace his MCAT or LSAT.

And poop to the Sheriff who thought this was ok.

Yeah neither the shooter or the injured party will probably not get anything close to what I got in the LSAT, let alone the MCAT.

The Sheriff here is not an Arpaio type knucklehead.  I honestly think Sheriff Vrotsos would have wanted to charge the shooter with something but probably wasn't able to given the circumstances.  And he sure as hell beats the alternative that was running back in 2012 - one of those sovereign citizen types who looked at the badge as something to be used to put certain groups of people in their place.  This idiot wasn't even a certified officer.  Dubuque County really dodged that bullet, so to speak.  There were people that otherwise voted straight Republican who crossed over to vote for Vrotsos because of some of the stuff that idiot was saying.

This is one of those times that I just stare at my screen and go "but ... but WHY??"  

I don't understand why they put the explosives in the fridge.

I don't understand why he then shot them.

But then, the majority of my brain cells are functioning so I'm pretty sure I'll never understand why.  

3 hours ago, canbritam said:

This is one of those times that I just stare at my screen and go "but ... but WHY??"  

I don't understand why they put the explosives in the fridge.

I don't understand why he then shot them.

But then, the majority of my brain cells are functioning so I'm pretty sure I'll never understand why.  

We're talking Bernard, Iowa...where a man once spotted this going on out in a pasture....

anoldwtf.JPG

32 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

We're talking Bernard, Iowa...where a man once spotted this going on out in a pasture....

anoldwtf.JPG

America is weeeeeeiiiiirrrrrrdddd. Shooting a FRIDGE??? I can't.

Fridge shooting, it's what we do, while not cheering on an oompah-loompah to rule the free world.  'Murica!

Archived