IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

i second that - I feel so sorry for those kids. Some of them have crossed over into married parents who are possibly perpetuating the cycle (probably), and will start accruing their own blame. Several have said terrible things on social media, and are responsible for the hate they spew. But I still pity them for being brought up in such a narrow, fear and hate filled corner of the spectrum of human existence, and having no idea they were just one stripe on the rainbow. And I am sad they are tied down to grown up responsibilities before they ever have a chance to see more of the world. They, even that monster Josh, deserved more from their parents.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I still believe is that the husbands are interchangeable and it was evident again last night  when the Husbands were called Duggars and Jessa went on and about the kids meaning her and her married siblings.  The more she gets pregnant she will never leave the cult - not that I had any thoughts she would.  

That the husbands know they are interchangeable is something to speak off because they clearly don't care or play the game because it has to be played. 

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I don't understand how JiJer will accomplish the customary Duggar gift grab if they don't have a public wedding registry.  They will miss out on all the random leghumper gifts!

I Wouldn't send them anything even if you paid me 

Let Jinge sleep on his used sheets and use his used towels and I hope she likes it

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Jeremy was just so serious about it. Can't imagine him getting crazy on the golf course. Don't want to picture it. Ugh 

strictly missionary 

no bathroom stalls / church rooms for him 

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Due to being sick, the Cubs breakdown in game #1 Of the WS and election coverage burnout, I watched the show last night.

The good, the bad and the ugly:

Good: Jeremy is very articulate. He seemed to express that for he and Jinge, their standards include more physical contact (arms around each other, frontal hugs). I am sure he has kissed, at minimum, her forehead. Jinjer seemed to indicate that children might be more planned. Jinger's  response to the question about kids, priceless.

Bad: Jessa is a bossy know-it-all. Sadly, she married a youngster.

Jill is sad. She is not interested in going back to the isolation of CA- and she'll do what ever she has to do to avoid going back. She has lost her joy in life. Derick needs to man up and find a job somewhere in NWA or OK

Joy is hopeless. Free Joy- she needs to get some purpose in her life.

Jinger- a worse cling-on than Jill. What will she do in Laredo? She'll be lonely before long.

Ugly: Jeremy. He is not attractive at all. I know, shallow, but damn. He reminds me of Bert from Sesame Street- put him in a vertically striped shirt and he's there.

I am going to be shallow with you and agree about Jeremy.  I think he is attractive from a distance and when he is in motion, like walking.  But when he is in photo, or a close up,  he is not at all attractive.  His physique is fine, but his face is kind of ugly.  And in hi-Def, he has some seriously big black pores all over his nose.  I mean,  none of us would look good in Hi Def, but why not try to cover that shit up?

6 hours ago, sunshine said:

So we have not heard that Jeremy actually asked Jinger's hand in marriage, or was the ring shopping the asking?

I swear I saw you at the fake sound stage while he was practicing proposing a la Derick 

19 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I am going to be shallow with you and agree about Jeremy.  I think he is attractive from a distance and when he is in motion, like walking.  But when he is in photo, or a close up,  he is not at all attractive.  His physique is fine, but his face is kind of ugly.  And in hi-Def, he has some seriously big black pores all over his nose.  I mean,  none of us would look good in Hi Def, but why not try to cover that shit up?

I think that the thing with Jeremy is that he thinks he's more attractive than he is. He has a certain swagger to him that kinda...I don't know annoys me. Maybe he reminds me of an ex or something who was a bit of a d-bag. I wouldn't want to see my pores in Hi-Def but yeah they could have covered that up. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

I think that the thing with Jeremy is that he thinks he's more attractive than he is. He has a certain swagger to him that kinda...I don't know annoys me. Maybe he reminds me of an ex or something who was a bit of a d-bag. I wouldn't want to see my pores in Hi-Def but yeah they could have covered that up. 

that's it he has a swagger that is just not attractive along with his views - turns me off. 

douche bag :D

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

So I was thinking, if someone started peppering me with questions regarding my morals, character, habits, desire for children, on the first date, there wouldn't be a second date. But then again, I didn't date with the end game being marriage. I can't wrap my head around that. No fun dates, no bad dates, no casual dates. Nothing unless it is leading to marriage. Can any of you picture yourself married to the first man/woman you dated back when you were 15 or so?

In my mind, dating is the time to have fun, meet more people, establish friendships, learn about yourself, what your tolerance level is, where you draw the line, acceptable and unacceptable behavior, etc. We have all had horrible dates, lovely dates, fun dates, not so fun dates and we learned from them. We have had experience, learned about others and most importantly learned about ourselves. Maybe I am a romantic, but every single date I've ever had led me to Mr. Butt. Dating taught me what I want in a man, what I want to be for a man and luckily for me, I found my perfect fit.

I feel so sorry for the Duggar kids, adults and minors alike.

Does the bolded count if you were 19 instead of 15? :pb_lol:

Seriously though, husband was my first boyfriend and we both knew we were looking for a serious relationship - hopefully leading to marriage and a family - from the very start. The big diffference is that we were allowed years to grow and get to know one another, we actually set our own "standards" for affection, and we had ample time alone to figure out what we wanted out of life. All things the Duggar spawn are denied. Which is why I have way more confidence in my marriage staying happy and healthy than I do the marriage of any Duggar offspring having the same outcome.

I just watched it and holy crow, what a yawner.

A couple of points of note -- it wasn't a shower ROD that fell, but a rack.  A rack can be full of shampoos or stuff and can make a hell of a racket when it falls.  I've lived alone in creepy places, and heard bumps in the night, it's scary.  I don't blame her for being that upset.  Keep in mind how goddamned sheltered she'd been in her life, and only ever had a zillion people around.

Jinge was defrauding Jeremy AGAIN!  I was cracking up. I loved his explanation that their hearts are pure so it's okay for them to touch each other.  Jessa and Ben couldn't I guess, because they couldn't control themselves.  HAHAHA  I am actually getting a kick out of their handsy-ness.  Go handsy Duggar, go!

I think I finally figured out what it is that pisses me off the most about this new incarnation of the show (besides the lack of Anna).  It's how they try and pass Bin off as being some kind of expert on marriage, fatherhood, rap, organizing football camps and courting.  They keep deferring to him to speak to these things, when we all know he's a 20 year old idiot who married the first girl he met, she fell out of love with him within a year, and now they are saddled with each other for life.  She can't even really listen to his rap as she knows moving her body in time with the music defrauds everyone around her (including poor Flame) so he can't even share that with her.

Joy's adult ambition of "helping around the house" made me ill.  At least Jana has a clue.  And takes a stab at a life.  Yikes!

@VelociRaptureThe difference as I see it is, altho you married your first boyfriend, you weren't "on the fast track". You had years to get to know him in every sense. I have no doubt you discussed all the important things in life and came to compromises, agreements etc. for your future life together. I too have confidence that your marriage will stay happy and healthy as you are not the lesser person in your relationship, bending to your husbands every whim, but an equal partner in the marriage.

ETA: I also suspect that you had observed many other relationships and got a sense of how you wanted your life to look. What you definitely did not want as well as what you did want. The Duggar kids only see other "fast track" marriages and no one dares to admit that life is not perfect.

Have you guys ever noticed fundies always use the word "desire" instead of "want"?

It creeps me out.  "The kind of spouse that I desire" etc.

9 minutes ago, montyollie said:

Have you guys ever noticed fundies always use the word "desire" instead of "want"?

it's because they are not allowed to have a normal sex drive

and because they need to be different 

9 minutes ago, montyollie said:

The Princess Bride says it all as always. 

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Unlike Jill, Jessa, and Josh, Jeremy has been living on his own for some time. He has sheets, pots, dishes etc.  so there isnt an urgent NEED for them to register for those things.  They know the humpers will send their love offerings straight to the TTH regardless of whether Jinger requests it - they'll send them simply because they can hope and pray for a thank you note (that will never come).

The shower curtain story is seriously fucked up.  It legitimately traumatized her, she was truly crying and leaning on Derick.  I guess when you're alone in a place where they tell you animals stalk your porch to eat your baby, bugs try to bite you, and heathens lie in wait to rape you... any noise will freak you out.  The fact that something that minor sent her into a panic is a sign that she just isnt cut out for "missionary" work "in the field."  Derrick needs to man up and accept that limitation and find something his wife can handle without running into the bathroom and skyping for prayers. Maybe they can open a soup kitchen locally and convert the hungry domestic heathens.

I'm kind of perplexed about a bathroom as a "safe" room.  I've always known safe rooms (from intrusion) to be a room with a point of egress.  If bad men made it into the house she's literally fish in a barrel hiding in a room with no escape.  Want a safe room? Set up a room with a closet and reverse the door frame so that the door cannot be kicked in (so that to kick it open you would be kicking into the frame, thus strengthening it).  Do the same to the closet in the room.  The time you buy in fortifying the door lets you get out the window.

Jana and the tattoo parlor.... I'm guessing the Duggar trust bought it but I am sure one of our sleuths will find the records.  My guess is that they are about to set up a thrift shop to support Jill and Derick's "ministry."

The record is in Jana's name. Purchased for about $96,000. Where did she get that kind of coin? She's never been a featured cast member on the show. Boob is certainly behind this, maybe to give Jana a hobby, maybe as some sort of tax shelter. I guess it depends on how Jana uses the place. It's too small to be carlot (and has no space for cars; it's pretty close to the curb. 

I don't understand how JiJer will accomplish the customary Duggar gift grab if they don't have a public wedding registry.  They will miss out on all the random leghumper gifts!

I'm sure people will send them tons of crap regardless. I have mild respect if the two of them decided they didn't want a ton of useless shit in a small apartment. Though, I'm sure there's a fake name registry somewhere provided to the guests...

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Does the bolded count if you were 19 instead of 15? :pb_lol:

Seriously though, husband was my first boyfriend and we both knew we were looking for a serious relationship - hopefully leading to marriage and a family - from the very start. The big diffference is that we were allowed years to grow and get to know one another, we actually set our own "standards" for affection, and we had ample time alone to figure out what we wanted out of life. All things the Duggar spawn are denied. Which is why I have way more confidence in my marriage staying happy and healthy than I do the marriage of any Duggar offspring having the same outcome.

I married my first boyfriend as well. Mainly because I'm a nerd and none of the guys I liked before him ever liked me back....ha! 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

He and Ben give off that "I think I'm hot shit when I'm lukewarm shit at best" vibe. They're what I call Frat Boy Hot: they're decently good-looking in their twenties, and it's all downhill from there, especially because they're both athletic, but will soon take on more sedentary lifestyles but keep eating like they run/lift/play sports every day. Being overweight doesn't make you ugly per se, but I could see them having a generalized "taking care of yourself = gay" sort of attitude. And not to mention that ugly attitudes (bigotry, misogyny) always leak outwards.

Plenty of physically average-to-unattractive dudes can be attractive because they accentuate their good features (a nice smile, nice eye color, a rockin' beard, etc.) or become more attractive/beautiful because their kindness/intelligence/drive shine through; guys like that are infinitely more attractive to me than the Duggar SILs Jeremy and Ben.

23 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

He and Ben give off that "I think I'm hot shit when I'm lukewarm shit at best" vibe. They're what I call Frat Boy Hot: they're decently good-looking in their twenties, and it's all downhill from there, especially because they're both athletic, but will soon take on more sedentary lifestyles but keep eating like they run/lift/play sports every day. Being overweight doesn't make you ugly per se, but I could see them having a generalized "taking care of yourself = gay" sort of attitude. And not to mention that ugly attitudes (bigotry, misogyny) always leak outwards.

Plenty of physically average-to-unattractive dudes can be attractive because they accentuate their good features (a nice smile, nice eye color, a rockin' beard, etc.) or become more attractive/beautiful because their kindness/intelligence/drive shine through; guys like that are infinitely more attractive to me than the Duggar SILs Jeremy and Ben.

what came out of Ben's vile mouth and brain is what deterred me :D

the bod is hot yes but again check above 

I watched the finale, while munching on a pickle, felt so duggary. lol A lil something to ask about the show:

WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT?!?!

Even to snark it was boring as heck!! and the special guest? Jinger's fiance!?!? oh come on! It should have been Sarah Malley and maybe all three girls could line up to praise her for that dumb book 'helping' oh, but they probably shouldn't bring up the fact that quite obviously Sarah hasn't had it work for her. 

Jimbob and his application to get his Daughters purity need to go to the ninth circle. :my_dodgy:

Don't you think it's hilariuos, that Jim Bob tells these fools to fill the 50-page questionnaire? Grown men sit and write essays about loving God. Another adult man sits and reads all this papers. I wonder if he underline errors in red. I expect from Bin that after this questionnaire any job application won't be hard.

I just watched the final episode, um, Jinger looked scared the whole way through. I think I said it like 12 times before but: I am worried for her!

And although she might know on a theoretical level what is about to happen to her (intimicy, pregnancy, child after child after child....) I don't think she really grasped the consequences of this for HER as an individual. Her spirit and soul might not be ready for this.

And is it just me or is Jessa completely passive agressive towards Jinger? "Bring out the tissues, the Mascara starts to run" or "you gotta watch your waistline, gotta fit into that dress", and the look in her eyes when Jinger got engaged. She seems soooo passive agressive. Towards Jana, too, with the decoration incident. The only person she should be passive agressive to are Jill and Jb, imho, because Jill got the great mansion twice, but isn't even prengant with her second child. THAT would be a reason for me to be jealous and passive agressive, not my sister decorating a house and my other sister getting married. Jessa seems to channel her frustrations towrads the wrong people.

I waited to read this thread until I'd watched the show because I didn't want to know ahead of time who the "special surprise guest" would be. I watched until the end of the show, still expecting a surprise, before I finally realized it was Jeremy.... Really??

Also, that look on Jinger's face when Derrick suggested she'd be pregnant by the end of the year. LOL. She looked queasy and scared and like she was about to faint, all at the same time.

2 hours ago, titerlitury said:

Don't you think it's hilariuos, that Jim Bob tells these fools to fill the 50-page questionnaire? Grown men sit and write essays about loving God. Another adult man sits and reads all this papers. I wonder if he underline errors in red. I expect from Bin that after this questionnaire any job application won't be hard.

I'm sure that Jim Bob thinks it's hilarious because it's like all those overprotective dads who brandish shotguns when their daughter's prom date arrives.

The level of control over his daughters' sexuality and love lives that he and a lot of other fathers try to exert or succeed at exerting is incredibly disturbing.

4 hours ago, Purrl said:

I waited to read this thread until I'd watched the show because I didn't want to know ahead of time who the "special surprise guest" would be. I watched until the end of the show, still expecting a surprise, before I finally realized it was Jeremy.... Really??

Also, that look on Jinger's face when Derrick suggested she'd be pregnant by the end of the year. LOL. She looked queasy and scared and like she was about to faint, all at the same time.

well, the reality of the lifestyle that they preach is unless they actively prevent pregnancy, or there's some sort of infertility issue there will be a pregnancy by the end of the year. she may even be like jill and be 8 weeks pregnant, 8 weeks after her wedding. heck, she may even be 8 weeks pregnant, 6 weeks after her wedding if she's ovulating when she gets married.

so even though jinger is a virgin, if she's ovulating and conceives on her wedding day she is technically one and a half weeks pregnant right now. HAHA.

SchröJinger's Baby. She is both pregnant, and not pregnant.

The very idea of the questionnaire scares the crap out of me.

Very, very controlling for a parent to feel the need to vet people to that extreme.

Plus, what exactly is the point if Bin passed anyway?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived