IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Question 2424231 -- Do you have any means of supporting my daughter financially?  ___ Yes  __X___ No

Question 2424232 - If the answer to the above is "No," are you willing to accept the leadership of JIm Bob Duggar in exchange for financial support  __X__ Yes  ____No

Lol. This is exactly what I imagine. I just can't believe that this is the first time we're ever hearing about this application. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sansan said:

One of the definitions of SIMPLE is as follows, Not pretentious, guileful, or deceitful;

Yeah but if you say someone is simple. It usually means that they are...not right in the head. For lack of a better term 

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

What exactly is involved in "defiling the marriage bed?"  Are we to assume that Jeremy is a virgin? Can he reclaim himself or is it just if the people getting married do the nasty before boob grants them permission?

Longtime lurker, first post disclaimer.

Jeremy talking about "defiling the marriage bed" was not strange to me at all, as funny as it is to hear him say it. I grew up in Assemblies of God church in the South and keeping the marriage bed "pure" was something that was talked about often. Basically any kind of premarital sex with anyone, including your fiance, would or could negatively affect your future marriage. In youth group we discussed what kind of actions to avoid (making out, heavy petting (their term, not mine) etc). I honestly think if it wasn't for Jinger's family, Jeremy would be okay with kissing.

If Josh and Anna were having hand sex, Jeremy and Jinger definitely are having the eye sex.

So, if DimBob made them fill out a financial questionnaire, how the bloody hell did Binwit even come close to passing?    Derjil had a job at Walmart (IIRC) and that was at least a start.    Not great but a start. 

And what sort of questionnaire would he have for young ladies who catch the eye of a Duggar son?

I think we should start our own version of the questionnaire(s)  

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Hard to know why Jessa doesn't use good prenatal options for medical care. I guess when you are young you think you are invincible, but she already had a real problem delivering Spurgeon. So strange. 

I would guess it's part ignorance. I'm sure Jessa has no idea all the things that could happen that could be found on an ultrasound (or through bloodwork, etc.)  She probably doesn't understand that many things can be handled before the baby is born to decrease risks to her and the baby. Honestly...I think she just doesn't know because she lives in a Duggar bubble. Where would she ever learn these things? Just another way their lifestyle can harm.

I'm sure another part is the "it's God's will" crap or whatever.

And then another part....cheapness. If they have insurance, it likely sucks. And they don't want to have to pay for medical care that they think is unnecessary.

46 minutes ago, sansan said:

One of the definitions of SIMPLE is as follows, Not pretentious, guileful, or deceitful;

Yeah, I stand by my comment. Being called "simple" isn't a compliment. 

First time poster here. Just noticed that Krista's latest IG post says she'll be traveling this weekend. Another sign that the wedding could be in the next few days.

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 4.31.32 PM.png

12 minutes ago, ishouldbewriting said:

First time poster here. Just noticed that Krista's latest IG post says she'll be traveling this weekend. Another sign that the wedding could be in the next few days.

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 4.31.32 PM.png

Forgive me, who is Krista?

She is a friend of the Duggars. Used to go to their home church, I think. She isn't quite the same as them though. She has a slightly more open mind. And she's in a real law school...which would NEVER be allowed for a Duggar.

2 hours ago, buggers said:

I know we've moved on, but I'm still seriously horrified and grossly fascinated about the marriage application. I need to know the details. Is it given to the boys before they ask to court or before they ask to "get to know each other"? How the hell did Bin pass the financial section? Are girls who are interested in a Duggar boy given an application? The thought of Jim Boob sitting in front of the computer writing up a fifty page application to marry his daughters off is frightening to me. 

I think he probably copies questions from courtship sites or books that he likes and has compiled them into a 50 page questionnaire.  He might reword a few, but I don't think he puts in much of his own intellectual work into such matters.  For one thing, he doesn't have much intellect with which to work.  

Regarding the application... One if the girls said it was good because it had questions that they wouldn't think to ask. Yes, because you are:

1. too sheltered

2. Too young to get married

3. Uneducated

If you had been allowed to get a job, open your own back account, apply for school loans, sign a lease, pay bills, gotten your heart broken by a douchebag, kissed a few frogs, then you might have some knowledge as to what to look for in a future spouse. 

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

So, if DimBob made them fill out a financial questionnaire, how the bloody hell did Binwit even come close to passing? 

Bin used to work for his Dad's business. I'm assuming Papa Seaweed wanted to pass it on to him down the track?
He may have also had another job, but I really can't remember.

Pretty sad when you had a lot more going for you when you were an a 17 YO nobody,  than you do once you enter the Duggar Vortex and brain drain.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Pretty sad when you had a lot more going for you when you were an a 17 YO nobody,  than you do once you enter the Duggar Vortex and brain drain.

The minute Bin decided he wanted Jessa it was all downhill from there. :my_dodgy:

1 minute ago, CorruptionInc. said:

The minute Bin decided he wanted Jessa it was all downhill from there. :my_dodgy:

And isn't it interesting that we have heard nada from his parents, particularly his dad, in eons?

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

And isn't it interesting that we have heard nada from his parents, particularly his dad, in eons?

Hopefully he has adapted "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" attitude...

I can dream!

I assume one of the questions is "Which girl would you like to marry?" I wonder if a man can request one girl but then JB pairs him with another...

8 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I assume one of the questions is "Which girl would you like to marry?" I wonder if a man can request one girl but then JB pairs him with another...

OOH - spinoff!    Duggar girls as sister wives!

I just watched, and what in the world is going on with Derrick, it seems to me that he's having difficulty with speaking and one of his eyes even looked "off" to me.  

Also, when Jeremy said "keep the marriage bed un-defiled"....... holy moly! 

And poor Joy, she's not going to college, but "enjoying her online bible classes", I feel so sorry for that girl.  

Back in 2014, Jill gave an interview to People. She discusses the questions she asked Derrick. I would bet anyone $5.00 that she was reading from a list Jim Bob gave her. I think this is as close as we are going to get to seeing the interrogation list.

In a recent People article, Jill Duggar shares how she got to know Derick Dillard and what factors contributed to her decision to accept his offers of courtship and engagement.

The couple's first Skype conversation was five hours long and involved going through a three-page list of questions.

"It was an interrogation," Jill told People Magazine. "I didn't want to not have the guts to ask the tough questions." 

Jill grilled Derick about his relationship with God, whether he drank or smoked, his character, morals, and values, his plans for the future, and (of course) how many kids he wants. Derick only has one sibling, a brother, but both he and Jill want a large family and plan to follow Jim Bob and Michelle's example.
http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2014/04/duggar-courtship-interrogations.html

52 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

We haven't seen his parents in two seasons, or more.  Since before the Josh scandles broke.

Seeing as Jill was JB's poster child and someone said (Jessa? Siah?)  that Jill wrote up some discussion questions for courting couples, I bet she chipped in for that questionnaire. 

So I was thinking, if someone started peppering me with questions regarding my morals, character, habits, desire for children, on the first date, there wouldn't be a second date. But then again, I didn't date with the end game being marriage. I can't wrap my head around that. No fun dates, no bad dates, no casual dates. Nothing unless it is leading to marriage. Can any of you picture yourself married to the first man/woman you dated back when you were 15 or so?

In my mind, dating is the time to have fun, meet more people, establish friendships, learn about yourself, what your tolerance level is, where you draw the line, acceptable and unacceptable behavior, etc. We have all had horrible dates, lovely dates, fun dates, not so fun dates and we learned from them. We have had experience, learned about others and most importantly learned about ourselves. Maybe I am a romantic, but every single date I've ever had led me to Mr. Butt. Dating taught me what I want in a man, what I want to be for a man and luckily for me, I found my perfect fit.

I feel so sorry for the Duggar kids, adults and minors alike.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived