IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

46 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Who cares about Jill's hair? Cathy's pixie cut is adorbs!

Cathy looks like about a million dollars in this picture, hair, makeup, great dress and everything. Talk about getting better fast! So pretty. She should have cropped  the other two out of the picture!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just concerned about Jessa's delivery. And Jill too for she will surely be preggers soon. I will be completely defrauded if they don't get better care for their deliveries. Geez. I guess we'll see. 

11 minutes ago, montyollie said:

Sorry maybe I didn't make myself clear.  The OP listed off a bunch of medical procedures deemed to be "preventative".  I' sure oldskool midwives have methods of doing prenatal care that don't involve hospitals or "transvaginal scans".  I'm not saying don't just pretend you aren't even pregnant, but you don't need to do half of what they tell you you "should" do int he name of a for-profit medical industry.

If you need proof... look at J'chelle's 19 healthy bouncing babies, none of whom got care (except for maybe Josie)

Old school midwives did not use them but I think that we have the technology today. Why not get them? If that is what your OB suggests, it may catch things that you don't know. I'm not saying you need a scan every single week but get them when appropriate. If it's preventable and can be caught there's no need to meet Jesus yet. 

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

OK, what the ever loving hell is TLC up to?  Next week is an hour long recap of Jill and "Jenna's" weddings.  Was there supposed to be a Jinger wedding in this season and it didnt happen, resulting in the need for filler??? This week, the "singles ad" for the boys, and now a recap episode could have easily been a dress shopping, bachelorette party, and wedding... I have a sinking feeling this bullshit has already been renewed.

Photo Oct 25, 7 39 03 PM.jpg

Jenna... The lost Duggar Daughter... Maybe she defiled the marriage bed by looking at it before the wedding? Maybe she's still in the prayer closet? I bet she showed her knees.... Nike!!! 

3 minutes ago, divadivine said:

Jenna... The lost Duggar Daughter... Maybe she defiled the marriage bed by looking at it before the wedding? Maybe she's still in the prayer closet? I bet she showed her knees.... Nike!!! 

No she showed her shoulders at the wedding. There was no wedding because the groom felt that she had "defiled the marriage bed." 

I wonder if Jill is feeling super stressed out about getting pregnant...if she's actually as miserable in CA as we all think she is, and derrick is really only going to stay away from CA if they get pregnant, maybe she's feeling really pressured to take advantage of this narrow window...  

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

No she showed her shoulders at the wedding. There was no wedding because the groom felt that she had "defiled the marriage bed." 

Damn those marriage bed defiling shoulders!  

2 hours ago, montyollie said:

I have no problem with parents who want home birth or free birth or no prenatal care.  In light of the fact the Duggars would never abort, they don't need to know if there are genetic abnormalities, because that knowledge is useless.  They are going to have the baby anyway.  I think prenatal care is TOTALLY overrated.  It's just something the western world in 2016 thinks is necessary when no one ever had it for milennia and most of the world doesn't get it now.  They believe if the baby dies, it's god's will.  If it's born healthy, it's god's will.  If it's born disabled, it's god's will. If it's born at 39-40-41 seeks, it's all god's will.

My friends who had home-free births were not even fundy, they were atheist burners (burning man folks) and just because you think prenatal scans are necessary doesn't mean it is.

You may want to do a little research. Knowledge of abnormalities is not useless, even if you'd never abort. There are a lot of conditions that knowing in advance can make a HUGE difference for yourself and your child. Seriously...Google it.

I've said it on this forum a million times and I'll say it again...I, personally, think it's pretty awful to not at least do the 20 week anatomy scan. It is VERY important. Anyone who values the life and health of their baby would be smart to have this scan done.

32 minutes ago, montyollie said:

Sorry maybe I didn't make myself clear.  The OP listed off a bunch of medical procedures deemed to be "preventative".  I' sure oldskool midwives have methods of doing prenatal care that don't involve hospitals or "transvaginal scans".  I'm not saying don't just pretend you aren't even pregnant, but you don't need to do half of what they tell you you "should" do int he name of a for-profit medical industry.

If you need proof... look at J'chelle's 19 healthy bouncing babies, none of whom got care (except for maybe Josie)

I think that previous poster was listing off things that were necessary for HER pregnancy...not anyone else's.

Routine prenatal care caught my gestational diabetes, as well as my uncontrollable blood pressure during my pregnancy.  Happily, this meant I didn't stroke out and die during my pregnancy or the birth. PreNatal care is not just about the baby and totally NOT overrated in my book.

12 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

There are a lot of conditions that knowing in advance can make a HUGE difference for yourself and your child. Seriously...Google it.

Hear!  Hear!  Last grandchild has TSC, the "snowflake" disease.  Baby had some issues at the 20 week point.  Got the parents in gear and educated before the child was born.  Also, with this DX that early on, more intensive prenatal care was given.

OK the more I think about Jill and Derrick, the madder I get. Derrick said they were there helping people, and were needed. No Derrick, you were not helping people. You were not delivering life saving medicine. You were not digging wells, building roads, or building schools. You were preaching one night a week. That is not enough to justify causing your wife to have PTSD over a freaking shower rod falling. 

1 hour ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Seriously, my eyes almost rolled out of my head when Jill had a break down about how scary the falling shower curtain was. They had to message people back home on their computer to pray for them. 

So they gave this schtick about not hearing from Jillard every day all season, but she can put out an SOS for prayer from her bathroom before realizing that the shower rack scared her?

In general feeling kind of excited tonight that my marriage bed is defiled! I had no idea! Makes me feel like Mr. Rio and I are up to no good! This is wicked! I had thought we were tamely married for 16 years but this is more interesting. 

Seriously, do not know what kind of theology would dictate that premarital sex "defiles" the marriage bed. Marriage should pretty much "legitimize" your relationship, in almost any major religion I can think of. Jeremy is nuts. Glad I'm not in his congregation. 

11 minutes ago, cathgrl1 said:

So they gave this schtick about not hearing from Jillard every day all season, but she can put out an SOS for prayer from her bathroom before realizing that the shower rack scared her?

This is a humorous and brilliant summary of the Dillards in ScaryCintrulMurica. Thank you so much.

Imagine that, PTSD from a shower curtain rack. And they are absolutely Everywhere!

6 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

This is a humorous and brilliant summary of the Dillards in ScaryCintrulMurica. Thank you so much.

Imagine that, PTSD from a shower curtain rack. And they are absolutely Everywhere!

They're scarier in Central America. Jill cried about it, they have to be super duper scary. 

I mentioned this in the jessa thread but where i live, you only get the 20 week ultrasound unless you have complications.

As far as jessa goes, probably because she isnt at risk for some genetic defects and wouldnt abort anyway, she didnt feel the need to have earlier ones (i'm not saying she is right, just that i have a feeling thats why) also i think she likes people speculating on her pregnancy, especcially if she is or is not having twins. 

When I saw Jill's forehead heavily broken out (bumpy), I thought for sure she was preg. I'm really surprised she isn't! I had the same bumpy/acne forehead only when I was pregnant.

3 hours ago, montyollie said:

I have no problem with parents who want home birth or free birth or no prenatal care.  In light of the fact the Duggars would never abort, they don't need to know if there are genetic abnormalities, because that knowledge is useless.  They are going to have the baby anyway.  I think prenatal care is TOTALLY overrated.  It's just something the western world in 2016 thinks is necessary when no one ever had it for milennia and most of the world doesn't get it now.  They believe if the baby dies, it's god's will.  If it's born healthy, it's god's will.  If it's born disabled, it's god's will. If it's born at 39-40-41 seeks, it's all god's will.

My friends who had home-free births were not even fundy, they were atheist burners (burning man folks) and just because you think prenatal scans are necessary doesn't mean it is.

No prenatal care would have killed me. Long story short I was not allowed to go into labor with my first. There were very real concerns of me bleeding out and dying.

So, I'm pro prenatal care. Because I like living and being able to raise my children.

But, ya know, everyone is different I guess.

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ben ate Jinger's taco. That is the most exciting thing that has happened. 

That sounds dirty.  :nanner-sex::giggle: :taco:

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Jinger holds up her ring

Jeremy - Simple, elegant, just like you.

Jeremy called her simple? :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, montyollie said:

I'm bolding for emphasis since you don't seem to be understanding what I actually said. Not trying to be rude or impolite.

I made it abundantly clear in my post that I personally had good reasons for needing those extra ultrasounds and extra medical care - I had a miscarriage previously and I also have a hormonal imbalance which made dating especially important. My husband and I chose to have one batch of genetic testing done for our personal peace of mind and because we wanted to be as prepared as possible if our child was going to be born with a medical or genetic condition. Not everyone chooses to do that and I see no problem with that. The Nuchal translucency scan was completely optional. 

I also made it abundantly clear that not everyone needs those same services that I did and a lot depends on the patient's history and their provider. Again, there is no set standard for ultrasound schedules, which is why some patients have more and some have less.

The transvaginal ultrasound you are so dismissive of was necessary early in my pregnancy. A traditional ultrasound would not have picked up any sight or sound from the baby. As I said before, I needed that ultrasound for dating purposes and I needed the second ultrasound to be sure the baby was growing properly due to my medical history. And again, not every patient will require that service be done. As others have stated, and as I stated in my other post, not everyone needs to have multiple ultrasounds and some people don't need any at all. 

Prenatal care is more than just ultrasounds. It is bloodwork to test the mother for diseases that could be passed to the child (genetic diseases as well as those - such as Group B Strep which Jill Dillard tested positive for - passed during pregnancy or childbirth), as well as information on proper nutrition, information regarding vaccinations the parents may want to consider, checking in on the mother's mental and emotional wellbeing, being sure they're taking a good prenatal vitamin, information regarding exercise, and so on. For me personally, prenatal care has also included anti-nausea medication and an ER visit due to excessive and severe vomiting throughout my first trimester - vomiting so bad that I was dehydrated because I couldn't even keep water down. Again, not everyone will require that type of intervention - and that was an experience I wouldn't wish on anyone. 

You don't seem to have personal experience with pregnancy or childbirth (at least that's how some of your wording comes across.) Maybe that is what is causing your confusion, but I honestly can't make it clearer for you that most of what you took issue with was in regards to my personal situation and not with anything I said regarding pregnancy in general. I have done, and will continue to do, what is necessary to ensure my child is born healthy and safe. I would hope any parent would make choices right for their unique situation and for the safety of their child, regardless of whether I would need those same services or not.

(And for the record - Michelle Duggar only had two homebirths and she did receive some prenatal care with her pregnancies. That is part of the reason why she has 19 living children.)

On prenatal care: I've never been pregnant, but yeah, my mom was just lining the pockets of Big Pharma and wasting a perfectly nice afternoon by finding out two weeks before her due date that I was a footling breech and would need to be delivered by C-section if she didn't want to risk me being born blue and brain-dead. And then she did it again when she had my sister at age 40 and consulted with a great medical team to make sure that my sister would be born healthy despite some pretty big risk factors (40-year-old mom, last kid was a c-section, my dad accidentally gave my mom food poisoning...). And all those women in developing countries who can now boast healthy, living children because they now have access to prenatal medical care (including specialized care for HIV-positive women so they don't pass their disease on to their babies) just don't trust in God and/or Burning Man enough.

No, you don't need to get an amnio or whatever if you don't need it, but so many kids and moms are alive today because of proper prenatal care. If you're of the mind that it's a frivolity and just a way for doctors to get their  shits and giggles, count your blessings for your good health, access to emergency medical services and NICUs who can save you and your baby when something you could have caught earlier goes horribly wrong, access to cheap, always-available nutritious food, previous healthy births, or (often the case) your penis.

Douche bag BIN in his hat inside--sadly very common in redneck land. Even in church these days.

Oh HAIL NAW! Redneck here. Those who wear hats indoors for no good reason trying to make an ass ugly fashion statement or pretend to be rednecks.

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I just have to comment on the shower curtain story. Something about the story definitely screams lie to me. I just rewatched it.

First of all, she starts by saying her scary incidents happen when Derrick is preaching. Then she tells her story and says when the crashing noise happened, Derrick told her to get into their bathroom which is their "safe room". Derrick also describes the noise so he was clearly there. Then they end by saying that it was the shower rack falling. Unless they have more than one bathroom which I doubt, wouldn't they have immediately realized it was the shower curtain when they rushed into their safe room? And why make a big deal about Derrick leaving her home alone when during this incident he was home? Something is just off. 

Also, did I miss what Jana will actually do with her tattoo parlor. I got so excited to hear that she has a goal and waited through jessas unnecessary interruption to hear what she is doing with the space and never got my answer...

@HegLumper it wouldn't surprise me if the story is a lie, tbh.

Regarding Jinger moving to Laredo early. It just struck me, what exactly does she have to move besides clothes? If she were moving an entire dining room/kitchen/bedroom set. I can see moving early, but her bed will stay behind for the next Lost Girl, and they all share dresser drawers. So she's got clothes, shoes, and make up. All stuff that would fit in the car just find afterwards. 

I am still disturbed by the vibe last night between Jinge and Jeremy.   She is so not ready to be ready his wife and he is just into have a godly wife... and if she cried last night the way she did = just imagine her wedding.  I honestly don't see these two as marriage material.   I hope this marriage doesn't happen and I hope it doesn't happen this weekend or Jessa's week.  It 's all around wrong.  

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

That sounds dirty.  :nanner-sex::giggle: :taco:

Jeremy called her simple? :pb_lol:

yes and in front of everyone.  I can't stand Jeremy - he is just awful imo because he demands her that way.  I don't like Jinge but I wanted to slap him when he said that. 

8 hours ago, Rio said:

In general feeling kind of excited tonight that my marriage bed is defiled! I had no idea! Makes me feel like Mr. Rio and I are up to no good! This is wicked! I had thought we were tamely married for 16 years but this is more interesting. 

Seriously, do not know what kind of theology would dictate that premarital sex "defiles" the marriage bed. Marriage should pretty much "legitimize" your relationship, in almost any major religion I can think of. Jeremy is nuts. Glad I'm not in his congregation. 

See this their cult and specifically Jeremy because he has to Be SO FAKE.  He can't have a woman who has more experience or hell any experience because he is so Close to GOD.  Whereas JInge has been trained all her life and lets face it JINGE has been TRAINED.  She is the most obvious person in that room who has no personality, cries at everything and just seems so lifeless.. and this guy wants that.

What is wrong with him begs the question?  

Shouldn't Marriage be equal and loving not one upping each other because of God.   He will end up telling her what to do. 

He is beyond nuts he is scary nuts and Jinge just fell into his life.... 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived