IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Did Jeremy actually say "keep the marriage bed undefiled" because that's Gold.

He did. It was hilarious. I played it back to be sure. 

Anyone else notice how awkward things got when they started in on Jinger and Jeremy about babies.  Jeremy gave the usual answer of 'waiting on the Lord' but neither of them looked too genuine about it. I wonder if they have discussed another option.

30 minutes ago, montyollie said:

I have no problem with parents who want home birth or free birth or no prenatal care.  In light of the fact the Duggars would never abort, they don't need to know if there are genetic abnormalities, because that knowledge is useless.  They are going to have the baby anyway.  I think prenatal care is TOTALLY overrated.  It's just something the western world in 2016 thinks is necessary when no one ever had it for milennia and most of the world doesn't get it now.  They believe if the baby dies, it's god's will.  If it's born healthy, it's god's will.  If it's born disabled, it's god's will. If it's born at 39-40-41 seeks, it's all god's will.

My friends who had home-free births were not even fundy, they were atheist burners (burning man folks) and just because you think prenatal scans are necessary doesn't mean it is.

NO NO NO NO NO!  Prenatal care is vital to healthy mom and baby. Even someone who is in "perfect health" and good child baring age can have Prenatal hypertension, gestational diabetes, the baby could have improper growth or any number of PREVENTABLE problems that can and need to be addressed to ensure the health and life of mom and baby.  I agree that U/S aren't necessary if everything is going smoothly and I have no problem if someone wants a home birth, as long as that birth is attended by a TRAINED midwife. This why why infant and maternal mortality rates have dropped because of proper medical care prior to birth and trained professionals attending the births to be there in case something goes wrong.  

If someone wants to be stupid and reckless with their own health fine, but when you are pregnant you owe it to your child to do what is necessary for their health and safety, your carelessness be damned. 

1 minute ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Anyone else notice how awkward things got when they started in on Jinger and Jeremy about babies.  Jeremy gave the usual answer of 'waiting on the Lord' but neither of them looked too genuine about it. I wonder if they have discussed another option.

I was just thinking this the look on Jinger's face was, "yeah I don't think so" I'm starting to get the impression they are both not into this quiverful bull shit. 

27 minutes ago, montyollie said:

I have no problem with parents who want home birth or free birth or no prenatal care.  In light of the fact the Duggars would never abort, they don't need to know if there are genetic abnormalities, because that knowledge is useless.  They are going to have the baby anyway.  I think prenatal care is TOTALLY overrated.  It's just something the western world in 2016 thinks is necessary when no one ever had it for milennia and most of the world doesn't get it now.  They believe if the baby dies, it's god's will.  If it's born healthy, it's god's will.  If it's born disabled, it's god's will. If it's born at 39-40-41 seeks, it's all god's will.

My friends who had home-free births were not even fundy, they were atheist burners (burning man folks) and just because you think prenatal scans are necessary doesn't mean it is.

I said nothing about scans being necessary. Go back and re-read because I very clearly stated they're done when deemed medically necessary and the ultrasound schedule a patient has really depends on the medical provider and the patient's unique medical history.

Have a sparkling night. :pb_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I would like to think that but then I also have the feeling that they will be announcing a baby sometime soon and crush that dream. So I don't know. 

WAIT...the shower curtain falling is what freaked her out? What else has happened to her? I know what it is- having to spend time alone with her child and no hubby or sister sibs to be the adult.

I swear to BOB, these 2nd generation Duggars are a drain on society. 

Haven't read to the end yet, but almost. It's realistic to me to not have had an ultrasound yet. I went to my family doctor in the beginning and the only one I was offered was a risk ultrasound (to check for trisomys) at 11 weeks. I didn't do that one so I didn't get one until 18 weeks for the anatomy ultrasound to make sure all vital parts are there. The nurse didn't even check for a heartbeat until after 12 weeks, maybe even 14 weeks. This was with a family doctor office, not midwives or fake midwives.

1 hour ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Wedding is weeks away!

Considering they filmed this clipshow over a month ago, this could mean the wedding is any day now. Perhaps Saturday? Arkansas has a bye week. 

Seriously, my eyes almost rolled out of my head when Jill had a break down about how scary the falling shower curtain was. They had to message people back home on their computer to pray for them. 

How the heck did that producer keep a straight face asking all those stupid questions. 

The bit on"survival school"... The girls couldn't survive without the guys (except Jana, she can do anything).  I would pay money to see them all watch "naked and afraid", especially an episode when the woman kicks a$$ and the man has to tap out! 

What are your future plans Joy? Not go to college, take online bible classes, and help with chores. She looked so sad. 

3 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Seriously, my eyes almost rolled out of my head when Jill had a break down about how scary the falling shower curtain was. They had to message people back home on their computer to pray for them. 

How the heck did that producer keep a straight face asking all those stupid questions. 

The bit on"survival school"... The girls couldn't survive without the guys (except Jana, she can do anything).  I would pay money to see them all watch "naked and afraid", especially an episode when the woman kicks a$$ and the man has to tap out! 

What are your future plans Joy? Not go to college, take online bible classes, and help with chores. She looked so sad. 

I'm sad for her, and Jana. Her building what ever is on hold, again, because Cinderjana is needed for, dress making, child raising sister moming or what ever someone else needs her to do.  

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Did I read it correctly that Jinger wanted to move before the wedding? How would that work?

No, she's not moving before the wedding.  Just moving most of her stuff before the wedding so that it didn't need to get done after the honeymoon.  Don't want to risk defiling that marriage bed.

44 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

It was beyond awkward just as they are - they are so wrong together.   Jinge is bascially a child and acts like one and Jeremy tries way to hard.  I don't believe them for a second. 

27 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Considering they filmed this clipshow over a month ago, this could mean the wedding is any day now. Perhaps Saturday? Arkansas has a bye week. 

But why were they in Tennessee?  

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Did Jer really say, "defile the marriage bed"?

If so, did anyone bust a gut laughing their ass off?

my jaw dropped that he said it with a straight face

On 10/24/2016 at 0:13 PM, Bushes of Love said:

For those who said Jill looked a bit pregnant in the last episode, I don't think she was.

That must've been filmed August/September time? On the 9th October Derek's mum put this picture up on instagram. Definitely no bump of any kind.

Talking of hair, I really want to trim a few inches off Jill's in that photo and maybe buy her a hot oil treatment. She has gorgeously long hair but it does look a bit bad.

Screenshot_20161024-170718.png

Who cares about Jill's hair? Cathy's pixie cut is adorbs!

25 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm sad for her, and Jana. Her building what ever is on hold, again, because Cinderjana is needed for, dress making, child raising sister moming or what ever someone else needs her to do.  

I'm sad for Jana and Joy too. Jinger will have the wedding and move, then maybe Jana will get to do whatever secret project this tattoo parlour is. 

Considering Jessa already had a hemorrhage, a scan would be vital to rule out placenta previa, where the placenta lays over the cervix. Some conditions like lack of fluid or growth restriction are also diagnosed only with ultrasound. The keepsake ones in shopping plazas might not be someone's thing, but I sure as hell would want at least the 20 week anatomy scan with the isdues Jill and Jessa have had, Jeeezus or not.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Did Jeremy actually say "keep the marriage bed undefiled" because that's Gold.

Can "defiling the marriage bed" be a new post count?

1 hour ago, purple_summer said:

Uh you do realize low maternal mortality rates are a VERY recent thing right?

Right, but again, they don't care.  They believe if a mother dies in childbirth, it's god's will.  They are right with the lord, so they'll go to heaven anyway and it will be a celebration.

I was raised fundie, I know of what I speak.  These people just don't care.  And you will notice NONE of them have jobs or health insurance anyway, so all that care costs money they probably don't have (well the Duggars do because of the show, but most fundies don't). 

When people choose to forgo prenatal care, they are not necessarily evil people.  There is something to be said for extra scans and tests coming back with false negatives and causing unnecessary surgeries anyhow.  I do realize I'm in the minority with this opinion.  But if you genuinely don't care if you or the baby die in childbirth (because you'll all go to heaven anyhow), prenatal care is a waste of time and money.

34 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Who cares about Jill's hair? Cathy's pixie cut is adorbs!

I actually like Cathy's dress as well. Super classy. 

1 hour ago, Swamptribe said:

WTF did I just read?  Sooo, it's OK to skip preventative medical care that could save the life of mother or child because, well, because, that's how they used to do it in the olden days??   And because god?

Sorry maybe I didn't make myself clear.  The OP listed off a bunch of medical procedures deemed to be "preventative".  I' sure oldskool midwives have methods of doing prenatal care that don't involve hospitals or "transvaginal scans".  I'm not saying don't just pretend you aren't even pregnant, but you don't need to do half of what they tell you you "should" do int he name of a for-profit medical industry.

If you need proof... look at J'chelle's 19 healthy bouncing babies, none of whom got care (except for maybe Josie)

Michelle saw an OB for all or almost all of her pregnancies.  That her daughters don't is the mystery. 

I'd be dead without that "unnecessary" testing.  I am now oddly in favor of fully trained OBs.

What is the matter with Jill? I'm concerned about her well-being. In previous episodes, she seemed terribly off. In tonight's episode, her breaking down and crying over the story about the falling shower rod is not normal. Something is wrong with her, and I hope she gets the emotional help she obviously needs.

@montyollie a few things:

1) OP clearly said she needed extras because of her complicated recent medical history. 

2) Jessa also has a complicated recent medical history (different kind) and should probably be paying attention

3) Michelle had primarily hospital births, including 2 c-sections, and regular prenatal care

4) there are a lot of extra tests, and I am personally for minimal intervention where possible. That said, even midwives do heartbeats and fundal height at every visit to check for problems.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived