IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

They probably do think it's crazy and I don't blame them. The show hasn't really mentioned Jeremy's siblings and that's odd. Even Dan who wasn't thinking fundie when Derek married Jill was showed. I'm guessing that Jeremy's siblings are banning being on cameras. I wonder what that will mean for the wedding. 

It's possible they just don't live in Philly, NYC, Laredo or Tonitown and haven't been the places where they've been shooting.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

They probably do think it's crazy and I don't blame them.

Could you imagine being normal and having a college-educated, ambitious good looking athlete type for a brother, then one day he finds Jeebus, starts making crazy youtube videos in Texas, condemning gays, starts famewhoring, then finds an adolescent 22 yo girl who's on TV and allows him to fulfill his Jeebus famewhoring ambitions? It would be so weird.

On 10/23/2016 at 8:06 AM, snickers34 said:

Could you imagine being normal and having a college-educated, ambitious good looking athlete type for a brother, then one day he finds Jeebus, starts making crazy youtube videos in Texas, condemning gays, starts famewhoring, then finds an adolescent 22 yo girl who's on TV and allows him to fulfill his Jeebus famewhoring ambitions? It would be so weird.

I would be so weirded out. I think that I would worry for his mental health. 

5 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Could you imagine being normal and having a college-educated, ambitious good looking athlete type for a brother, then one day he finds Jeebus, starts making crazy youtube videos in Texas, condemning gays, starts famewhoring, then finds an adolescent 22 yo girl who's on TV and allows him to fulfill his Jeebus famewhoring ambitions? It would be so weird.

Considering he preaches the same shit as their father... maybe that part they wouldn't find too weird or out there. They may or may not agree, but it probably wasn't something overly concerning since that's how their dad is. Maybe the courtship model and Jinger's family was a concern, but maybe it wasn't. We simply can't know because they haven't been shown for one reason or another.

Personally, I think another poster is right and they just haven't been in the area when filming has happened. They're all adults and they have heir own lives. Not everyone is going to be able to drop everything to participate in a "reality" TV show. I mean, Dan Dillard lived in Arkansas, as did Cathy and her husband. It was easier to get them on camera or in shots for that reason.

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Considering he preaches the same shit as their father... maybe that part they wouldn't find too weird or out there. They may or may not agree, but it probably wasn't something overly concerning since that's how their dad is. Maybe the courtship model and Jinger's family was a concern, but maybe it wasn't. We simply can't know because they haven't been shown for one reason or another.

Personally, I think another poster is right and they just haven't been in the area when filming has happened. They're all adults and they have heir own lives. Not everyone is going to be able to drop everything to participate in a "reality" TV show. I mean, Dan Dillard lived in Arkansas, as did Cathy and her husband. It was easier to get them on camera or in shots for that reason.

I agree with all of this. When people live in the real world, they have responsibilities that require time and effort commitments that limit where they can be at any given time. I know it's foreign for the Duggars, but it's the reality for most everyone else.

Cathy DB seems to be the one filmed the most and she is more local to the Duggars and their compound. Even the Seewalds, who live about a 3 hours drive away are rarely, if ever, filmed.

14 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Not everyone is going to be able to drop everything to participate in a "reality" TV show.

Yep, I hear you. And you're right that we just don't know until they show up and say something, if they ever do. I guess I was thinking about it more in terms of optics of the show. The fact that I really don't remember seeing any photos of them in the montages, or even like a call to say congrats, where they put them on speaker phone for people that don't live nearby (which they've done plenty of on the show). Maybe they did film it and it got edited out, we don't know. It just seems like in koolaid drinking Duggarville, they're constantly wanting to show how loving and wonderful their family relationships all are. This seem to be the exception, maybe just a fluke, maybe for actual reasons. It just seemed odd.

If my sibling was one way and the all of sudden totally changed I would not be happy. If I was Jeremy's sister I wouldn't be happy with what he was doing and I would not want to be filmed or interviewed. 

12 hours ago, NorthFace said:

Has anyone noticed Blessa's pulled up hair during the Korean BBQ episode? She has always been known for her luscious Lion's Mane and hair is everything to her.

She has a very visible and large bald spot, which can be signals of stress or a hormonal imbalance. The hairline just doesn't seen normal.

I can say this as I went through this and I can spot this stuff a mile away.  I'm ok with treatment, but I couldn't help notice on my mother of all TV screen.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I noticed this as well. My first thought though was that it was a receding hairline - many of the Duggar boys have this same hairline.

johndavid-duggar-435.jpg

josiah-duggar-marjorie-jackson-breakup.jpg

Jessa should be protected from the boys' receding hairline thanks to the double x chromosome she presumably has. I though it was probably post-pregnancy hair loss. I hear this is a thing because hair doesn't fall out during pregnancy, and sometimes overdoes the shedding after, but i don't know for sure. Also, if she wears or wore extensions (especially clip ins), bald spots happen.

22 minutes ago, missegeno said:

Jessa should be protected from the boys' receding hairline thanks to the double x chromosome she presumably has. I though it was probably post-pregnancy hair loss. I hear this is a thing because hair doesn't fall out during pregnancy, and sometimes overdoes the shedding after, but i don't know for sure. Also, if she wears or wore extensions (especially clip ins), bald spots happen.

Post pregnancy hair loss is real.  I used to have THICK THICK hair like Jill/Jessa/Joy after my 2nd it started falling out by the fist full and never really stopped for about 3 years. It stopped but the damage was done and my hair is boarding on being thin now. Its been over 10 years and I still miss my old hair.  With my 1st baby my hair dried out and stopped growing and after he was born it was just gross and nasty about 3 weeks after he was born I had to have about 5 inches cut off, because it couldn't be saved. That didn't happen w/ number 2  nope that time it just fell out. 

5 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Has it been discussed anywhere the fact that Jeremy's siblings have been mentioned like 0.0 times on the show? I know there were some comments on FJ somewhere from someone who knows his brother & how he thinks the whole thing is weird. It just seems surprising to not at least have them mentioned or be in the background meeting Jinger with the talking heads or something. Even Derick's stepdad, who clearly doesn't want to be a part of the show, at least is shown in the background for things? It just comes across to me like his brother and sister REALLY don't want to be messed up in this whole thing. I mean I wouldn't want to either, of course...it just suggests to me they may have much stronger opinions on it than I would have initially thought...

I know his brother through a friend, he lives in the Boston area.  His sister is in the Philly area.  I really don't think they want to be on camera.  His brother likes being BEHIND the camera in video production.  It's not something he talks about a lot, but I get the sense that while he's supportive of his brother, he really just wants nothing to do with this and thinks it's all a little weird. I'm pretty sure he's atheist now too. He's certainly not religious. I'd bet they'll show up for the wedding episode, but probably just in the background.  Certainly not as prominently as Derrick's brother Dan. 

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I agree 100%. 

I think there's some confusion, because when Jeremy was first revealed, there was a poster on here that was basically making up a whole load of bullshit, all about how her aunt was friends with the family, and they were solidly Italian Catholics, and all horrified by Jeremy converting etc etc, and it sounded dodgy from the start (I always raise my eyebrows at people who claim they know the families etc) and was pretty soon proved wrong when people looked up Jeremy's parents - but these threads move so fast that I can see why people might be remembering it incorrectly.   While Jeremy was at college and had a "sinful" year or two, Jeremy was solidly homeschooled by his Fundy parents, so there's a good chance his siblings see nothing weird at all.

If you look up Charles Vuolo or Chuck Vuolo video producer, you'll see he works at HBX Live, and has an active IMDB page with several projects that wouldn't even come close to being fundie approved. Valerie went to college at the same music school in CT I used to take lessons at when I was in high school living in the Hartford area.  She's still in a music group with her mom, but seems to have forged a non-religious path for herself as well. I think Jeremy is very different than his siblings.  I think Jeremy probably went down a "normal" path in college and then veered down the fundie path afterwards while his brother and sister stayed were never really pulled back into the fray that way. 

I noticed Jessa's hairline too, but mostly because I have a similar one and I have super thick hair.  Mine isn't as pronounced as Jessa's which might be worse due to pregnancy related hair loss, but I have always had a area on each side above the temple where my hairline is very high. 

I am sick of seeing videos of these women curling or straightening their damn hair.  Unless Jessa has live in help from a sista mom,  she is not going to have time to mess with the mop everyday.  She should cut several inches off, and then experiment with ways to pull it back that doesn't reveal her receding hairline.  A busy mom can do long hair, but you have to get resourceful on taking some shortcuts for daily life

My guess is that Jeremy's siblings went more mainstream once they went to college. Just because their parents are fundy doesn't mean they will stay that way.  It's likely they just don't want to be part of the trainwreck. I don't buy they couldn't be filmed because they were busy living their lives. TLC would have no problem flying them out on a Saturday, or a day good for both siblings, and maybe paying them a small fee, so that TLC could film the entire family with Jinger. I have a busy schedule but I could find a day or two if I had to. They probably are embarrassed by the whole thing. Hell, if I was involved in that type for craziness I would never hear the end of it from family and friends. The fact they haven't been filmed yet shows they might actually have common sense. 

@srosieb827, thx for sharing (if you're in fact real and all that. :my_biggrin: )

I guess I just couldn't imagine how I would react if my brother would knowingly enter into this whole circus. On one hand, if they had a good relationship, I'd want to be supportive of Jeremy publicly because he's my brother, etc,  even if I don't believe in all the craziness. On the other hand, filming as part of the show would be really hard because it's soooo unconsionable how someone could want to be anywhere close to Josh's disgustingness, but also  if I didn't believe in all their conservative hateful stuff. Time will tell, we'll see when it comes to the wedding.

You do you, Jeremy's siblings that have been unwillingly sucked into this crazy vortex!

43 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I noticed Jessa's hairline too, but mostly because I have a similar one and I have super thick hair.  Mine isn't as pronounced as Jessa's which might be worse due to pregnancy related hair loss, but I have always had a area on each side above the temple where my hairline is very high. 

I am sick of seeing videos of these women curling or straightening their damn hair.  Unless Jessa has live in help from a sista mom,  she is not going to have time to mess with the mop everyday.  She should cut several inches off, and then experiment with ways to pull it back that doesn't reveal her receding hairline.  A busy mom can do long hair, but you have to get resourceful on taking some shortcuts for daily life

I've had long hair most of my life. Once I figured out it didn't need to be shampooed every day, and a pony-tail or topknot worked well, I was good to go. For me, the advantage of long hair was that I didn't have to take the time to style it every morning...very important when you're trying to get kids up and out the door to make it to school by 7:30 (and mom was the chauffeur). Now, I still wear it long and my "summer do" here in the desert is pulled up off my neck. Winter, I will actually attempt to do something with it. 

15 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

@srosieb827, thx for sharing (if you're in fact real and all that. :my_biggrin: )

I guess I just couldn't imagine how I would react if my brother would knowingly enter into this whole circus. On one hand, if they had a good relationship, I'd want to be supportive of Jeremy publicly because he's my brother, etc,  even if I don't believe in all the craziness. On the other hand, filming as part of the show would be really hard because it's soooo unconsionable how someone could want to be anywhere close to Josh's disgustingness, but also  if I didn't believe in all their conservative hateful stuff. Time will tell, we'll see when it comes to the wedding.

You do you, Jeremy's siblings that have been unwillingly sucked into this crazy vortex!

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I see them as Anna's siblings who were in the wedding, but were barely, if at all shown. And let's not forget her brother-in-law(now ex?) who stood up for himself and them. And I really don't blame them. Actually, they may know about us, and may be trying to not give us anything to talk about. Reverse Bonnie Raitt song, lol.

31 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Continue to stay far far away from that crazy! 

On 10/19/2016 at 9:01 AM, ayriel123 said:

Forgive me if this has already been said. I'm watching the latest episode and with each episode it seems like they're getting back to 19KaC. Bringing in JB and Michelle talking to all the kids not just focusing on married girlswomen.

I don't know how to strikethrough on my mobile, but if I did I would strike out "girls" in the last sentence and replace it with "women". Losing battle I know.

Didn't Jessa have a fringe (bangs) for a while? Maybe it was to take the strain off from pulling back her hair.

3 hours ago, calimojo said:

I.E. Jill's braids and head banded pony tails.  While my hair was never quite as long as Jill or Jessa it was as thick and a goo 3/4 of the way down my back, it got to be a HUGE PITA to deal with,  no way i could do that with a kid or several running around. 

53 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Didn't Jessa have a fringe (bangs) for a while? Maybe it was to take the strain off from pulling back her hair.

Oh yeah! She did. I can't remember exactly when but she did have bangs. Was it after Spurgeon was born? 

Yes it was. Not long after. She called it "Molly" but pretty soon after didn't like it. How DOES she make it look like it never happened? When I grew out my bangs I had to wear barrettes pretty much on top of my head to get that look! Camera tricks, maybe?

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I've had long hair most of my life. Once I figured out it didn't need to be shampooed every day, and a pony-tail or topknot worked well, I was good to go. For me, the advantage of long hair was that I didn't have to take the time to style it every morning...very important when you're trying to get kids up and out the door to make it to school by 7:30 (and mom was the chauffeur). Now, I still wear it long and my "summer do" here in the desert is pulled up off my neck. Winter, I will actually attempt to do something with it. 

THIS!  I have long hair for two reasons -- I can't be bothered with the time and money it takes to get it cut every few weeks, and secondly, it's SO EASY to just pull back.  I don't "do" it.  If I had shorter hair, I would have to do it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived