IGNORED

Counting On Season 2 - Part 5

Buzzard

Add the M kids, and they have 6 going on 7 kids to care for. We know the M's were in the dorms. Not sure where they are now, but close by, I'm sure.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/18/2016 at 8:14 PM, zadie said:

Jessa saying she was surprised to find out she's expecting *gag*

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T USE BIRTH CONTROL :headdesk:

Also "I'm built more like my mom"??? I thought God chose when you have babies hmmm????? It doesn't matter what you're built like he can open and close the womb as he pleases :roll:

They think birth is a miracle... I think it's a miracle Bin can dress himself and Jessa can do anything but look in the mirror and take selfies. 

38 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Add the M kids, and they have 6 going on 7 kids to care for. We know the M's were in the dorms. Not sure where they are now, but close by, I'm sure.

I hope they name the next one "Madison"

Im a horrible person.:evil-laugh:

On 10/20/2016 at 10:05 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

If Jill saw any shooting or was threatened in any way, they'd talk about it on their blog to up the we're in DANGEROUS Central America story. They wouldn't keep quiet. Jill likely just can't cope with being by herself. We already knew that with how she turned into a stage 5 clinger when Derick was on his lunch breaks at Walmart. 

So there is literature out there in the home schoolers community about wives being like that. All I can remember is this book was by Focus on the Family/A beka and it had to to with being the perfect wife/husband and they made you read it in high school. It "encourages" wives to BE clingy so their men feel like men and of course to be readily available because if you aren't riding your husband daily then he will be tempted by other women and it will be your fault. IF anyone knows the name of this book let me know. 

My point is her behavior is praised and encouraged in that community. She might not necessarily be clingy just "obedient" to that culture's expectations.

*My experience is being home schooled in the A beka program with a bunch of fundamental baptists in skirts (I got to wear jeans, I was a rebel Methodist)

The more I learn about their gender expectations, the more it becomes obvious that women are only there to prop up fragile male egos. How terrible to never be worth anything beyond your ability to make your husband feel manly - and how exhausting.

:kitty-cussing::2wankers:

1 hour ago, BackseatMom said:

The more I learn about their gender expectations, the more it becomes obvious that women are only there to prop up fragile male egos. How terrible to never be worth anything beyond your ability to make your husband feel manly - and how exhausting.

:kitty-cussing::2wankers:

This is why I have the strong desire to find as many copies of The Handmaids Tale as I can so I can surreptitiously give them to Duggars. Idk like, a bible, but with the novel hidden inside. OPEN YOUR EYES, WOMEN!  If Jana sorts mail she could read it first. :)

6 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

This is why I have the strong desire to find as many copies of The Handmaids Tale as I can so I can surreptitiously give them to Duggars. Idk like, a bible, but with the novel hidden inside. OPEN YOUR EYES, WOMEN!  If Jana sorts mail she could read it first.

I'm imagining a Harry Potter-like situation where Uncle Vernon/Jim Bob goes absolutely nuts and burns the books in the fireplace, puts them in the blender to shred them, makes the boys get the mail instead,  nailing up the mailbox....all to put a stop to this wizard nonsense. 

Does anyone else find it annoying, strange (insert negative feeling of your choice here) that they are all so very careful to wear their shirts/blouses untucked and baggy until the second they announce they are pregnant and then it's a contest to see who can show the most baby belly?    

WHY?   

Their outfits would look so much nicer if a blouse was tucked in to the waistband.    With t shirts you can still see the waistline.

They think birth is a miracle... I think it's a miracle Bin can dress himself and Jessa can do anything but look in the mirror and take selfies. 

Just reminds me of that Insane Clown Posse song "Miracles" where Violent J lists "Shaggy's little kids look just like Shaggy, and my little boy looks just like Daddy" as an example of a miracle (along with "fuckin' magnets", rainbows, ghosts, and pet dogs). If it's a miracle that your children look like you, it's time for marriage counseling.

Just reminds me of that Insane Clown Posse song "Miracles" where Violent J lists "Shaggy's little kids look just like Shaggy, and my little boy looks just like Daddy" as an example of a miracle (along with "fuckin' magnets", rainbows, ghosts, and pet dogs). If it's a miracle that your children look like you, it's time for marriage counseling.

Have you seen the spoof? "Shaggy's little kids look just like Shaggy, and my little boy looks just like Shaggy." It's a miracle!

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

Does anyone else find it annoying, strange (insert negative feeling of your choice here) that they are all so very careful to wear their shirts/blouses untucked and baggy until the second they announce they are pregnant and then it's a contest to see who can show the most baby belly?    

WHY?   

Their outfits would look so much nicer if a blouse was tucked in to the waistband.    With t shirts you can still see the waistline.

Before marriage and pregnancy they have to maintain their modesty because men are all horny bastards with no self-control. So they wear looser clothing to prevent any immoral thoughts from occurring.

I think part of the tight clothing during pregnancy issue is that's just the popular style right now. A lot of maternity clothes are tighter fitting because it's more flattering and a lot of women want to show their bump off - it may be tough to find looser tops. That, plus they may try to wear their normal clothes as long as possible to save a little money. At least that's what I did. I didn't transition over to maternity only tops until just a few weeks ago (and I hit 28 weeks tomorrow.)

The maternity wear is more snug fitting but the Duggar offspring still buy a size or two too small or in some cases simply stretch out regular clothes.

19 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

That's a nice guest house. I could live there, except for Duggar proximity.

If I owned the house and was not a "guest" of theirs it would be a hoot! Me wearing shorts all the time and the husband out washing cars in shorts and nothing else. That would only be the first of it. Beer cans and wine bottles in the recycle or garbage cans. Our neon beer signs shining in the garage and our Kinky Friedman political poster, oh the fun!  

Jeez.  Took me three days to wade through over a dozen pages of recaps.  

In no particular order, my thoughts:

1.  Jill & Derrick.  I love Derrick’s manbun.  He seems really happy and I know his life’s mission is to be a missionary.  He was happy in Nepal and happy in CA.  I loved the interviews with him in CA… he sounded like a man coming into his own and was more relaxed about how it all is now.  No more cow towing to Boob.  Jill married him knowing this is what he is and what he does.  She was on board with it.  Now that she’s LIVED It for awhile, she sees how hard it is, but she’s a trooper.  I quite like Jill, vacuous as she can sometimes be.  I think her heart is in the right place and she’s trying to adapt to new things, even though she’s scared.  I volunteered in New Orleans after Katrina and we stayed in volunteer housing alongside homeless people in an abandoned school.  My yuppie friend couldn’t take it and hightailed it to a fancy hotel in the French quarter.  Poverty and dirt is not for everyone.  Some people just can’t handle it.  Jill is coping.  She’s scared but she’s coping.  I loved the scene while they were shopping, so happy about running potable water and small creature comforts.  I think they will be fine and will go back after the weddings.  It’s their life now.  It’s what THE LORD has called them to do.  

I grew up in a cult not unlike this, and we were taught if you had something akin to a Zika baby, you just had it anyway and the lord would provide.  You had to have every baby god gave you.

2. Jessa & Bin.  Good lord Bin is dim.  I can’t even.  And Jessa fell out of love with him probably some time last year.  You can totally see she’s doing her wifely duty sticking it out and bearing his babies, but she doesn’t like him much.  Who would?  I know she’s more of a religious wing nut than the others… her Insta is full of wrath-of-god type stuff, and she’s totally into a fire and brimstone god just like Bin, and that’s what they have in common.  Again, I was JUST like her when I was young, I loved hanging around fire and brimstone types, even if they were stupid in every other regard.  I get it.  In her world, you don’t have to like your husband, you just have to love and obey him.  And love is a choice not a feeling.  She made her choices.

3. Jinger & Jeremy.  They are cute.  They don’t bug me the way they bug you guys.  I think she’s quite mature for her age and I think Jeremy is way less fundie than the Duggars, so they willl have a lite version of fundie living when they get to Laredo. It will be a baptism by fire for Jing, but I think she’s up for it.  Living on the mexican border and all.  They’ll be fine.

4. I have no time for Joy

5. Jana’s baby voice gets on my nerves.  The scenes with her seem like so much filler.  I want to like her but it's hard.  She's so goddamn formal.  I have never heard an authentic word come out of her mouth.

6. Speaking of filler, THANK GOD the football camp, Flame/rapper story petered itself out.  I would rather watch a thousand hours of Duggars in flip flops in the woods than one more minute of Bin and Flame trying to BBQ.  Ugh.

7. Boys — so much filler.  Jed/Jer/Si/Jo/JD… soooooo boring.  The clips of them make me crazy.  At least Lawson and Nate have a titch of personality when they are on the couch. 

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I'm imagining a Harry Potter-like situation where Uncle Vernon/Jim Bob goes absolutely nuts and burns the books in the fireplace, puts them in the blender to shred them, makes the boys get the mail instead,  nailing up the mailbox....all to put a stop to this wizard nonsense. 

That could possibly work. I need some owls and a little magic.

On 10/20/2016 at 0:44 PM, Bad Wolf said:

On 10/18/2016 at 5:14 PM, zadie said:

Jessa saying she was surprised to find out she's expecting *gag*

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T USE BIRTH CONTROL 

Also "I'm built more like my mom"??? I thought God chose when you have babies hmmm????? It doesn't matter what you're built like he can open and close the womb as he pleases 

What surprises me endlessly is why the need to constantly film her in the bathroom...but then i get it because that is what she probably does all day 

and I have decided her TH's are fake and her real persona is what we saw with Jana....all this we love working together crap was that - just crap...because she clearly doesn't like it.

Jessa must be a pill to deal with - Ben deserves her 

40 minutes ago, montyollie said:

Jeez.  Took me three days to wade through over a dozen pages of recaps.  

In no particular order, my thoughts:

1.  Jill & Derrick.  I love Derrick’s manbun.  He seems really happy and I know his life’s mission is to be a missionary.  He was happy in Nepal and happy in CA.  I loved the interviews with him in CA… he sounded like a man coming into his own and was more relaxed about how it all is now.  No more cow towing to Boob.  Jill married him knowing this is what he is and what he does.  She was on board with it.  Now that she’s LIVED It for awhile, she sees how hard it is, but she’s a trooper.  I quite like Jill, vacuous as she can sometimes be.  I think her heart is in the right place and she’s trying to adapt to new things, even though she’s scared.  I volunteered in New Orleans after Katrina and we stayed in volunteer housing alongside homeless people in an abandoned school.  My yuppie friend couldn’t take it and hightailed it to a fancy hotel in the French quarter.  Poverty and dirt is not for everyone.  Some people just can’t handle it.  Jill is coping.  She’s scared but she’s coping.  I loved the scene while they were shopping, so happy about running potable water and small creature comforts.  I think they will be fine and will go back after the weddings.  It’s their life now.  It’s what THE LORD has called them to do.  

I grew up in a cult not unlike this, and we were taught if you had something akin to a Zika baby, you just had it anyway and the lord would provide.  You had to have every baby god gave you.

2. Jessa & Bin.  Good lord Bin is dim.  I can’t even.  And Jessa fell out of love with him probably some time last year.  You can totally see she’s doing her wifely duty sticking it out and bearing his babies, but she doesn’t like him much.  Who would?  I know she’s more of a religious wing nut than the others… her Insta is full of wrath-of-god type stuff, and she’s totally into a fire and brimstone god just like Bin, and that’s what they have in common.  Again, I was JUST like her when I was young, I loved hanging around fire and brimstone types, even if they were stupid in every other regard.  I get it.  In her world, you don’t have to like your husband, you just have to love and obey him.  And love is a choice not a feeling.  She made her choices.

3. Jinger & Jeremy.  They are cute.  They don’t bug me the way they bug you guys.  I think she’s quite mature for her age and I think Jeremy is way less fundie than the Duggars, so they willl have a lite version of fundie living when they get to Laredo. It will be a baptism by fire for Jing, but I think she’s up for it.  Living on the mexican border and all.  They’ll be fine.

4. I have no time for Joy

5. Jana’s baby voice gets on my nerves.  The scenes with her seem like so much filler.  I want to like her but it's hard.  She's so goddamn formal.  I have never heard an authentic word come out of her mouth.

6. Speaking of filler, THANK GOD the football camp, Flame/rapper story petered itself out.  I would rather watch a thousand hours of Duggars in flip flops in the woods than one more minute of Bin and Flame trying to BBQ.  Ugh.

7. Boys — so much filler.  Jed/Jer/Si/Jo/JD… soooooo boring.  The clips of them make me crazy.  At least Lawson and Nate have a titch of personality when they are on the couch. 

I also like and am pulling for Jill and Derick- do some of their choices bother me, yes, but at least they are both doing some mildly productive things outside of the show and procreating babies. IMO, Jill is one of those people who thought she knew, but she actually knew not...and she was so vocal and confident that she did actually know the real score, and that turned some people off.  I truly think the last year has proven to her all she does not know.

Ben and Jessa- disaster in the making. I hope this next baby (I think it's another boy) is a difficult, high needs baby. Those 2 need a reality check...and then some reliable birth control. She's going to be a bitch on wheels once Ben's quiver starts filling up, and he's going to hate his life. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

What surprises me endlessly is why the need to constantly film her in the bathroom...but then i get it because that is what she probably does all day 

and I have decided her TH's are fake and her real persona is what we saw with Jana....all this we love working together crap was that - just crap...because she clearly doesn't like it.

Jessa must be a pill to deal with - Ben deserves her 

I wonder if Ben is so dopey and out of it because he has to be that way to deal with Jessa. I mean he does seem to be more so now...

58 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

IMO, Jill is one of those people who thought she knew, but she actually knew not...and she was so vocal and confident that she did actually know the real score, and that turned some people off.  I truly think the last year has proven to her all she does not know.

I totally agree. It's made her easier to watch a bit. Her and Derick seem to actually have a bond, whereas Jessa and Ben remind me of how my friend and her bf of 3 years were for the last year- they wanted to break up, but neither one wanted to initiate it.

If I were Ben I would get a secret Vasectomy. Those don't take long to heal right?

On 10/20/2016 at 0:44 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Sassypants said 

Ben and Jessa- disaster in the making. I hope this next baby (I think it's another boy) is a difficult, high needs baby. Those 2 need a reality check...and then some reliable birth control. She's going to be a bitch on wheels once Ben's quiver starts filling up, and he's going to hate his life. 

I am a firm believer that we are not our parents (we are separate cells etc ) - so when she said that - I thought no - you just stopped breastfeeding perhaps (Am I WRONG mothers - didn't Michelle do that _?_) and knew the time when you ovulated 

and bam maybe you were lucky 

as for Jill finding out a week after Jessa did - is it possible they discuss their periods and Jill said - did you get your period and Jessa said no and Jill said you are pregnant and she said yes and gloated. 

it's about competition with these people. 

and the way he was smug - I don't like them :D

12 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

If I were Ben I would get a secret Vasectomy. Those don't take long to heal right?

He could get it post baby especially if it's a girl. There would be plenty of healing time. 

12 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

my best friend made her husband get one after number 4 - the same weekend - she made him install tiles by himself and described how hard he was working and she was laughing - she divorced him less than a year later 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

He could get it post baby especially if it's a girl. There would be plenty of healing time. 

Oh that's right. Like forty days of no sex due to the uncleaness of it being female. Ugh.

Just now, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Oh that's right. Like forty days of no sex due to the uncleaness of it being female. Ugh.

80 for a girl right? 40 for a boy? 

15 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

80 for a girl right? 40 for a boy? 

80?!?!?! 

Plenty of time for Bin to be fully functional for fun times with Jessa.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived