IGNORED

Kirk Cameron family meeting?

urban teacher

Anybody else know about this? I got a Facebook posting about it. I'm assuming it's a meeting for the election but the ad just said "Family meeting"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this on FB, too. Here's the scoop, from Kirk himself:

Do we have problems in America? Yes. And there has never been a more exciting time in America to be a Christian. When all hope seems lost, that's when God parts the waters! This could be our "Red Sea" moment in our America story. Join me on October 18 in your local movie theater for Revive US, a night of eye-opening prayer, worship, and inspiration with me and some of my wisest friends- Francis Chan, Dr. Ben Carson, James MacDonald, Eric Metaxas, Jennifer Rothschild, "Miss Clara" from the movie WAR ROOM, and music by Passion, Vertical Church Band, and my daughter Isabella.

https://www.facebook.com/kirkcameron/?fref=ts

:my_dodgy:

A cousin of mine posted about it. And of course, several other cousins and friends of theirs commented, 'I'll be there!' I have to bite my virtual tongue sometimes when I'm on Facebook. 

A cousin of mine posted about it. And of course, several other cousins and friends of theirs commented, 'I'll be there!' I have to bite my virtual tongue sometimes when I'm on Facebook. 

I'm sure I could get a group of friends to go but it would be more of a Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment lol

Just now, Peas n carrots said:

I'm sure I could get a group of friends to go but it would be more of a Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment lol

That's so funny to me, because I was just visualizing a front row full of FJ'ers doing a running commentary, sotto voce (or not so sotto voce!), throughout the 'meeting.'  :laughing-rolling:

17 minutes ago, Peas n carrots said:

I'd go, but I'd have to sneak in some bourbon to get through it.

So essentially  "vote for Donald 'five alarm dumpster fire' Trump because something something Jesus something something people sometimes disagree with us and that's persecution but we can't explicitly tell you which candidate to vote for without risking our religious tax exemption but no seriously vote for the orange guy with the puckered anus mouth because if he wants to nuke everyone as badly as he says he does we get to be raptured soon!!!"   There, now no one has to actually sit through it.

Oh no, I'm busy then... uhh.... brushing my.... hair? teeth? 

But I look forward to the summary on here afterward, even if I can probably guess like 95% of the content already. 

1 hour ago, Childless said:

Anyone who thinks Ben Carson is wise needs serious mental help.

I remember when he first came on the scene and I had a little glimmer of hope that he'd be one of those "I don't agree with you, but at least you're a smart, halfway rational guy" Republicans, since dude's this super-famous brain surgeon, but...well, look how that turned out. Maybe he's one of those people who's just only good at one very specific thing. Not a savant, but maybe something close to that. He's really, really good at brain surgery, but he just doesn't have room in his brain for anything else.

9 hours ago, December said:

Oh no, I'm busy then... uhh.... brushing my.... hair? teeth? 

Vacuuming my cat?

(No, I wouldn't actually do that.)

11 hours ago, Peas n carrots said:

11 hours ago, Loveday said:

That's so funny to me, because I was just visualizing a front row full of FJ'ers doing a running commentary, sotto voce (or not so sotto voce!), throughout the 'meeting.'  :laughing-rolling:

I'm so totally picturing a Rocky Horror Picture Show treatment, too. What sort of things would be thrown? Condoms? Tubes of lube? Duct tape?

53 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I'm so totally picturing a Rocky Horror Picture Show treatment, too. What sort of things would be thrown? Condoms? Tubes of lube? Duct tape?

Pictures of cleavage! Short skirts! Non-KJV bibles! Baby changing tables in MEN'S bathrooms!

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

Vacuuming my cat?

(No, I wouldn't actually do that.)

My dog LOVES to be vacuumed.  Follows me around the house then sits rights next to me when he sees me undo the attached hose.  And I better take my time vacuuming him or I get the stink eye.

I actually have heard that some cats and dogs enjoy it, but China splits the minute I pull the vacuum out of the closet. :pb_lol:

An evening of prayer and worship sounds good...but I'd rather go to my Episcopal church and listen to an actual priest rather than Banana-Man Mike Seaver.

I saw this somewhere else first and had to do a double-take when I saw Francis Chan's name tied to it. He stepped down from pastoring his church a few years ago, after being lauded by everybody and their brother in the Reformed world (John Piper et al), and I had a brief, shining moment of hope that just maybe, one of these guys realized that the American Evangelical Culture Machine has become just that--a commercial machine. I haven't been following him at all since, so this is a bit of a disappointing shock.

ETA - I missed my post count title update...This one is super awkward...Can't wait to be a Speshul Snowflake! :D 

He was on the KTLA morning news the other day (must have been a bookers dream) and he was as smarmy as ever. I'm afraid I'll be awful busy tonight with the Cubs playing the Dodgers and a new NCIS and of course brushing my dog.

banana.jpg

20 hours ago, dramallama said:

So essentially  "vote for Donald 'five alarm dumpster fire' Trump because something something Jesus something something people sometimes disagree with us and that's persecution but we can't explicitly tell you which candidate to vote for without risking our religious tax exemption but no seriously vote for the orange guy with the puckered anus mouth because if he wants to nuke everyone as badly as he says he does we get to be raptured soon!!!"   There, now no one has to actually sit through it.

Brilliant! 

You also said what I have thought for a while. His mouth DOES look like a puckered anus! Which is lucky really considering what comes out of it.

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Brilliant! 

You also said what I have thought for a while. His mouth DOES look like a puckered anus! Which is lucky really considering what comes out of it.

There's a meme that implies that his mouth is really an anus.

3 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

There's a meme that implies that his mouth is really an anus.

Where? Can you post it? Please?   :beer: For you!

I'm surprised Ben Carson is involved, since he's Seventh Day Adventist and they're not considered "real Christians" in some fundie quarters.

4 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm surprised Ben Carson is involved, since he's Seventh Day Adventist and they're not considered "real Christians" in some fundie quarters.

I think as long as he hits all the conservative-religious talking points, he's good to go.

Archived