IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Wenny said:

DailyFail at its best again. "Nineteen votes and counting: Duggar family voices their support for Donald Trump on Twitter while criticizing his lifestyle." Literally ONE person voiced his support for Trump, and that was Derick, who isn't even technically a Duggar. That hardly counts as "Duggar family voices their support" (though there's not doubt in my mind that they'll all vote for Trump).

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, JillyO said:

DailyFail at its best again. "Nineteen votes and counting: Duggar family voices their support for Donald Trump on Twitter while criticizing his lifestyle." Literally ONE person voiced his support for Trump, and that was Derick, who isn't even technically a Duggar. That hardly counts as "Duggar family voices their support" (though there's not doubt in my mind that they'll all vote for Trump).

And all 19 of them can't vote. I mean add in Anna, Derek, Ben, and Jeremy and it might be close but the whole family can't vote. :P 

20 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I am still in awe that leg humpers think it's OKAY to ask if a lady is pregnant. You NEVER, EVER ask that. 

I've been brought up to believe one should never, ever ask if someone's pregnant, outside of, I dunno, a doctor's surgery, but my partner has an even more hardcore rule, which is you don't say "congratulations, that's great news" to any expecting parents until you find out how they're feeling about it.  This comes from growing up in a small town with not much to do but get involved in ridiculous levels of drama and gossip, with high levels of unexpected pregnancies, and soap-opera levels of complexity.  EG Don't assume the father is same man as the fiance of the mother, or if one partner is delighted, the other one is too, etc etc

I remember being at Petco when I was barely showing toward the beginning/middle of my pregnancy and the cashier told me congratulations. It was the first stranger to say anything to me and I was really shocked. I'm pretty sure I look more pregnant NOW (and I'm not) than I did at the time. I thought it was pretty risky of her. And now it makes me extra paranoid that strangers will say that to me now when I'm just chunky.

I love it when The Daily Fail posts Duggar articles, gives me a reason to argue with leg humpers in the comment section!

#thelittlethings

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I've been brought up to believe one should never, ever ask if someone's pregnant, outside of, I dunno, a doctor's surgery, but my partner has an even more hardcore rule, which is you don't say "congratulations, that's great news" to any expecting parents until you find out how they're feeling about it.  This comes from growing up in a small town with not much to do but get involved in ridiculous levels of drama and gossip, with high levels of unexpected pregnancies, and soap-opera levels of complexity.  EG Don't assume the father is same man as the fiance of the mother, or if one partner is delighted, the other one is too, etc etc

My mom always taught us not to ask if someone's pregnant, even if it's blatantly obvious.

After my miscarriage, I added a new personal rule - I don't ask people if they want to have kids or when they plan to have them or anything like that. If someone mentions it on their own that's fine, but I remember it was pretty painful having people tell me we should have kids soon when they had no clue I had just miscarried. I don't blame them because they couldn't have known, but I try not to ask anything now because I don't want to accidentally make someone feel what I felt.

I had a friend whose baby died in utero close to term and she had to carry it and go into labor later on. It killed her every time someone asked when is the baby due. I keep my mouth shut now

32 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I remember being at Petco when I was barely showing toward the beginning/middle of my pregnancy and the cashier told me congratulations. It was the first stranger to say anything to me and I was really shocked. I'm pretty sure I look more pregnant NOW (and I'm not) than I did at the time. I thought it was pretty risky of her. And now it makes me extra paranoid that strangers will say that to me now when I'm just chunky.

Oh that reminds me of an old lady, we as a dorm gave out candy to the older people and we dressed up. I was a bunny and well I didn't think that anything looked bad but apparently I was looking chunky because this older lady told me that I looked like I was 3-4 months along. Then she told us a lot of dirty jokes. I was offended, I laugh now but it hurt my feelings.

42 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My mom always taught us not to ask if someone's pregnant, even if it's blatantly obvious.

After my miscarriage, I added a new personal rule - I don't ask people if they want to have kids or when they plan to have them or anything like that. If someone mentions it on their own that's fine, but I remember it was pretty painful having people tell me we should have kids soon when they had no clue I had just miscarried. I don't blame them because they couldn't have known, but I try not to ask anything now because I don't want to accidentally make someone feel what I felt.

I also never ask that stuff. You just never know what people are going through. I HATE being asked. I had some things going on before I got pregnant (very personal stuff that virtually no one knew about.) So it was heartbreaking to be asked. I had an aunt go on a rant about how she didn't understand why people these days wait so long and blah blah blah. I wanted to punch her. My grandma also made a comment about how I wasn't getting any younger. (I should have reminded her she had my uncle when she was older than me.)

My SIL had a recent miscarriage very few knew about. We were at a family gathering and a cousin was there with her new baby. My aunt (different one from above) said to my SIL, "doesn't it just make you want another one?"  Heartbreaking.  (My SIL did go on to have 2 more kids though.)

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My SIL had a shirt that said "you can touch my belly if I can punch your face" 

I saw one that said "If you didn't put it there, don't touch it!" and I wanted it so bad.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I've never seen the purpose of asking strangers such personal questions. If I don't know you don't ask me that stuff. As for asking when someone is going to have kids or why they haven't had them, the best rule is just don't.  I have a friend who lost a baby in child birth, few who miscarried at least once and several others who had fertility issues, most of those friends never were able to have a child even thought even though they desperately wanted to and 2 who finally did after YEARS of treatments and those questions can effect them badly for days. 

5 hours ago, Lurky said:

I WISH my mother in law was taught this. Every fucking thing I do she asks if it will interfere with her ability to have a grandbaby. Like I'm sorry I didn't realize I'm a fucking uterus to you.

Jill is probably voting for Trump. Her man is. Ben and Jessa may not vote or go third party. Anna and Josh I can see voting for Trump. Whitney Bates shared a video of Mike Pence praying for America on her FB. She and Zach are probably voting for Trump. 

48 minutes ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I WISH my mother in law was taught this. Every fucking thing I do she asks if it will interfere with her ability to have a grandbaby. Like I'm sorry I didn't realize I'm a fucking uterus to you.

My MIL constantly bugged us about it. My husband basically yelled at her on a few occasions. Now that we have one kid she did shut up about it. And we've made it pretty well known that we aren't having anymore.

6 hours ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

Do we have the same MIL? :pb_lol:

Mr Alba's mum KNOWS we don't want kids and she still brings them up Every. Damn. Time. we visit. Last time we were there, less than five minutes after we'd arrived, I made an off-hand comment about how my wedding bands are slightly too big, and her response was, 'It's okay, your fingers will swell up when you get pregnant.'

I love her, but honestly, the woman doesn't know when to stop.

When the Dullards first moved to CA wasn't Jill constantly posting pics of the brown skinned locals oohing and aahing over her blonde, blue-eyed baby?  She was flaunting him all over the place. Suddenly you can't step foot outside the house because they will hurt a white child?

18 minutes ago, patsymae said:

When the Dullards first moved to CA wasn't Jill constantly posting pics of the brown skinned locals oohing and aahing over her blonde, blue-eyed baby?  She was flaunting him all over the place. Suddenly you can't step foot outside the house because they will hurt a white child?

Eh, I think both things connect to the same stereotype. The locals are ooh-ing and ahh-ing over Israel because he is a white savior, and they're savages which is why they're now menacing. And they need a white savior cause they're savages. Basically a never ending cycle. 

I hate the patronizing way Jill and Derrick go about things. ESPECIALLY because Jill loves to harp on the 'horrible' lives these people have.

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Eh, I think both things connect to the same stereotype. The locals are ooh-ing and ahh-ing over Israel because he is a white savior, and they're savages which is why they're now menacing. And they need a white savior cause they're savages. Basically a never ending cycle. 

I hate the patronizing way Jill and Derrick go about things. ESPECIALLY because Jill loves to harp on the 'horrible' lives these people have.

Which is hilarious considering what life in Duggarville was like: Patriarchal, stifling, isolated, no education, no privacy, no individualism, no personal space, no jobs or skills enhancements, no encouragement, few actual role models, no sense of community, no critical thinking or questioning- NOTHING. Yes, life in dangerous CA is so horrible.

I've been to all of those countries in CA- I'd rather live in CA for the most part, than in Duggarville.

Duggarville creates drains on society.

In my family I have to admit I'm lucky. Even before I had everything removed, my parents were well aware kids were not on the cards and dad always makes jokes with me about it. 

I still have idiot friends who are like "oh but there are options" and I reply with "what, for more cats?"

I have two cats, about to get a dog, but two cats is enough in terms of smell and taking over the bed thanks. 

My mother in law got drunk at a family function and all I heard her belligerently yell was "--and I don't have any grandchildren!" And she wonders why I was kinda cold to her. 

I haven't even been married a year yet and I'm pretty young. I'm just not ready for kids yet and I wish she would understand that.

On 10/27/2016 at 3:49 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

In my family I have to admit I'm lucky. Even before I had everything removed, my parents were well aware kids were not on the cards and dad always makes jokes with me about it. 

I still have idiot friends who are like "oh but there are options" and I reply with "what, for more cats?"

I have two cats, about to get a dog, but two cats is enough in terms of smell and taking over the bed thanks. 

I have 3 cats.  The third was unplanned, but she is wonderfully sweet and a blessing to our home.  I always thought 3 was too many cats, but I am glad I trusted God with my clowder size.  Even though the bed is completely full and I don't have room to roll over at night, being Kittenfull is truly the greatest blessing!

I have a dog as well, but God was able to speak to her heart and convince her she is also a cat.  Hearing her try to "purr" is a hoot.   

27 minutes ago, Percy said:

Got to love an oops , my second daughter was an oops.

An oops cat is fabulous 

She really was!  She adopted my coworker, who saved her from starvation...but his dog was allergic to her (purebread bulldog problems). Rather than have her go a shelter where I was worried she wouldn't get adopted as a scrappy looking adult cat, I took her in.  Her name is Garage Cat because she was SUPPOSED to live in my large detached garage/outside...but after a couple years she started to get in dangerous raccoon fights.  

And so my home got a little furrier.  

9 hours ago, Georgiana said:

She really was!  She adopted my coworker, who saved her from starvation...but his dog was allergic to her (purebread bulldog problems). Rather than have her go a shelter where I was worried she wouldn't get adopted as a scrappy looking adult cat, I took her in.  Her name is Garage Cat because she was SUPPOSED to live in my large detached garage/outside...but after a couple years she started to get in dangerous raccoon fights.  

And so my home got a little furrier.  

... that is a PHENOMENAL name for a cat!!! :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived