IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

I feel so sorry for celebrities that can't have a stomach or a loose fitting top without starting pregnancy rumors. The Duggars want to be babymachines so I don't feel very sorry for them. 

I'm overweight and I carry it mainly on my stomach so I always look pregnant. It was horrible while we were trying but good when I didn't want to tell people at work until after our 20-week scan. No it's back to being horrible again. :)

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ugh! It just seems so wrong to be discussing that on twitter. I mean it's all natural and all of that but they're "sooooo modest" *insert much sarcasm and eyerolling here" It should be against their standards to discuss such things on twitter!  

I totally agree with you, it seems like a contradiction. But if you look back - Boob humping J'chelle at mini golf, constant "this is what you can do when you are married" kissing, allowing births to be video taped, and so on - I think they don't consider relations between married couples and the consequences to be a modesty issue. I think they define modesty as an issue outside of marriage only (as many cultures do). The weird part is that the "between married couples" exception doesn't need to be private. It is fair for public consumption, maybe as part of their "ministry."

I totally agree with you, it seems like a contradiction. But if you look back - Boob humping J'chelle at mini golf, constant "this is what you can do when you are married" kissing, allowing births to be video taped, and so on - I think they don't consider relations between married couples and the consequences to be a modesty issue. I think they define modesty as an issue outside of marriage only (as many cultures do). The weird part is that the "between married couples" exception doesn't need to be private. It is fair for public consumption, maybe as part of their "ministry."

Mmm hmm they're very Victorian in a way but even the Victorian's disguised their pregnancies and went into confinement...the Duggars should do something similar. :P 

Dear Duggars,

THIS is how you do engagement photos.

IMG_3551.PNG

ALso, ladies and gentlemen... contain your side hugs for this second one:IMG_3550.PNG

Adorable dogs? Check. Gorgeous bride? Check. Manly man baring his chest and causing defrauding thoughts? Check. :pb_lol:

Awww the dogs are so cute! Those are engagement pictures! They are a very cute couple! 

Dan and Deena have some good chemistry. I'm glad both are gainfully employed and enjoyed emotional intimacy before their wedding day. Jill could spend some time with Deena and learn a few modern things... 

12 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Awww the dogs are so cute! Those are engagement pictures! They are a very cute couple! 

They are pretty cute together. And I'm not just saying that because they included their adorable pups in the pictures too. :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, season of life said:

Dan and Deena have some good chemistry. I'm glad both are gainfully employed and enjoyed emotional intimacy before their wedding day. Jill could spend some time with Deena and learn a few modern things... 

They have a natural ease together, like they're very comfortable around each other. It's sad because you don't see that too much with the Duggar courtships - it seems like those couples are usually on their best behavior because they're scared of the Duggar parents or they're scared of scaring off a potential spouse. They don't really relax and loosen up until after marriage.

(Plus, it's got to be tough relaxing and being yourself when you're constantly being chaperoned.)

I wouldn't be shocked if they both (or one of them) have some pretty disgusting political and religious views. But it is a bit of a nice change to see a relatively normal couple on here who are comfortable with each other emotionally and physically pre-marriage. Same goes for Amy and King Dill Pickle (as annoying as some people find them.)

On 10/19/2016 at 9:54 PM, VelociRapture said:

I think it's kind of cute to be honest. She put some time and effort into a little surprise for the guy she cares about. But I can be a bit cheesy like that. :pb_lol:

We used to do that on occasion, when it was just us and no kids at home. We called it Hot and Cold game. Yeah, I know it sounds hokey. Funny thing is we are not kids, but it is a flirty kinda teasing game and always ends well, ;>). I got some nice earrings that way once.

On 10/22/2016 at 4:57 PM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I don't whether it's correct or not, but I know people on FJ have said Michelle ended breastfeeding early specifically to get pregnant again quickly and others have said she naturally dries up early on. That said, it's not really our business when or how Jessa stopped nursing. Spurgeon could have weaned himself early (it's not unheard of) or she could have gotten pregnant and then stopped (some women don't enjoy nursing while pregnant and many find their milk supply stops or drastically reduces in the second trimester). Or perhaps she has issues or just got tired of nursing for some reason, which is absolutely her choice.  That doesn't necessarily mean that she was stopping just to get pregnant or that she doesn't genuinely hope to adopt one day. 

I dont think that she stopped.  In the episode where they were "trapped" at the airport, subjected to tragic delays, Jessa is nursing spurge under her blanket.  That was June or July, right? She was pregnant already.

On 10/22/2016 at 5:43 PM, Iamtheway said:

I feel so sorry for celebrities that can't have a stomach or a loose fitting top without starting pregnancy rumors. The Duggars want to be babymachines so I don't feel very sorry for them. 

I'm overweight and I carry it mainly on my stomach so I always look pregnant. It was horrible while we were trying but good when I didn't want to tell people at work until after our 20-week scan. No it's back to being horrible again. :)

I totally feel the same way. When I gain it goes to my stomach and Ive always thought "if I were a celeb I could never get away from pregnancy rumors", especially because I'm young and people expect those under 30 or so to have no extra fat down there.

I try to avoid speculating pregnancy for that reason, even among people I don't particularly care for like the Duggars. I guess because I know what it's like to gain in that area more than others I sympathize with anyone who has a bit of a belly.

1 hour ago, Pupalup said:

I totally feel the same way. When I gain it goes to my stomach and Ive always thought "if I were a celeb I could never get away from pregnancy rumors", especially because I'm young and people expect those under 30 or so to have no extra fat down there.

I try to avoid speculating pregnancy for that reason, even among people I don't particularly care for like the Duggars. I guess because I know what it's like to gain in that area more than others I sympathize with anyone who has a bit of a belly.

Oh I am the same way. I think that even certain times of the month with bloating, I look like I could be in early pregnancy plus I have this puckered scar, so yeah always look like there's something going on there. I couldn't get away with it either. However, I think that the Duggars love this kind of speculation. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh I am the same way. I think that even certain times of the month with bloating, I look like I could be in early pregnancy plus I have this puckered scar, so yeah always look like there's something going on there. I couldn't get away with it either. However, I think that the Duggars love this kind of speculation. 

I agree. Jessa seemed to do a lot of teasing before she announced her first pregnancy. As for Jill, the post about salt and vinegar green beans felt like a pregnancy tease, but I guess it wasn't. It's like they're keeping people guessing in order to maintain the TLC gravy train. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if these women consciously choose clothes based on how pregnant they appear in them. Jessa was hiding a pregnancy earlier this year- of course, once the news was public she went back to belly accentuating bodycon tops. Jill may chose outfits that make her midsection look rounder in order to keep the speculation alive. For a family that was raised to shun popular culture, they sure know how to work the tabloids.

On 10/24/2016 at 5:32 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I agree. Jessa seemed to do a lot of teasing before she announced her first pregnancy. As for Jill, the post about salt and vinegar green beans felt like a pregnancy tease, but I guess it wasn't. It's like they're keeping people guessing in order to maintain the TLC gravy train.

The bolded is exactly the reason why they are keeping teasing about pregnancy. How else will they keep people interested except "oh think about Jessa, Jill, Jinger, and Anna all being pregnant at the one time." Otherwise people are going to lose interest. 

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I agree. Jessa seemed to do a lot of teasing before she announced her first pregnancy. As for Jill, the post about salt and vinegar green beans felt like a pregnancy tease, but I guess it wasn't. It's like they're keeping people guessing in order to maintain the TLC gravy train. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if these women consciously choose clothes based on how pregnant they appear in them. Jessa was hiding a pregnancy earlier this year- of course, once the news was public she went back to belly accentuating bodycon tops. Jill may chose outfits that make her midsection look rounder in order to keep the speculation alive. For a family that was raised to shun popular culture, they sure know how to work the tabloids.

I think they manipulate the humpers 

I think they manipulate the humpers 

Haha that they do! It's why Jessa keeps saying twins and keeping the sex of the baby to herself. Well maybe she tells Ben...

I am still in awe that leg humpers think it's OKAY to ask if a lady is pregnant. You NEVER, EVER ask that. 

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I am still in awe that leg humpers think it's OKAY to ask if a lady is pregnant. You NEVER, EVER ask that. 

Unless you see a baby coming out of her...:my_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I wait for the T-shirt with BABY and an arrow.

hehe, when my cousin was pregnant she wore a t-shirt with : 50 % papa, 50 % mama, 100 % me

i thought it was tacky, but all of my family thought it was very sweet :-)

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

hehe, when my cousin was pregnant she wore a t-shirt with : 50 % papa, 50 % mama, 100 % me

i thought it was tacky, but all of my family thought it was very sweet :-)

I have three shirts right now:

One says "Bun in the Oven"

Another says "I'm Hungry" up top and "Me Too" on the bump

And the third, and most appropriate, says "Pregasaurus Rex" with a pregnant T-Tex on it

They're cheesy and I usually only wear them around the house, but they fit and make me laugh. So I'll call it a win.

And the third, and most appropriate, says "Pregasaurus Rex" with a pregnant T-Tex on it
They're cheesy and I usually only wear them around the house, but they fit and make me laugh. So I'll call it a win.

I love that you have a shirt that sayd Pregasaurus Rex on it :pb_lol:

26 minutes ago, alba said:

I love that you have a shirt that sayd Pregasaurus Rex on it :pb_lol:

I love that too. I saw it online and it just spoke to me. My husband laughs every time I wear it too. :pb_lol:

19 minutes ago, Wenny said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3871364/Nineteen-votes-counting-Duggar-family-voices-support-Donald-Trump-Twitter-criticizing-lifestyle.html

Wow , I wonder if Bates is still not voting for Trump.  Crazy. All the hateful things that he has said about women. 

If they're smart they'll keep their mouths shut about who they're voting for. Their most ardent leg humpers likely won't care who they vote for, but there are fans who will. Not to mention the general public's reaction and potentially drawing more attention towards their links to sexual assault coverups within IBLP or their patriarchal beliefs. 

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My SIL had a shirt that said "you can touch my belly if I can punch your face" 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived