IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

@EmmyJay,  some evangelicals and fundies have had millennial or end times fever ever since Hal Lindsey wrote The Great Late Planet Earth, if not before, so I'm not surprised that the Dullards would think of this as the "end times".

PS: I love your avatar!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt that Jill would be down for dancing or even watching it. She is the one who seems to be pretty well drowning in the kool aid. I'm pretty sure that Precious hasn't changed that much from all her time in Sintral America. We'll see I guess. I also still can't see her being a bridesmaid. Not only because she's not Dan's sister but because usually your bridesmaids are special to you and I just can't see ill and Deanna being that close. 

On 10/19/2016 at 10:51 AM, PennySycamore said:
@EmmyJay,  some evangelicals and fundies have had millennial or end times fever ever since Hal Lindsey wrote The Great Late Planet Earth, if not before, so I'm not surprised that the Dullards would think of this as the "end times".
PS: I love your avatar!

Yeah that is true. I just thought it was particularly moronic that they stated they'd stop using man made things. I don't think they know what that means. At all.

Thank you! ^_^

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don't see any reason Jill would be a bridesmaid.  She isn't Dan's sister, she is his brother's wife. I doubt Dan's fiancée even knows Jill that well seeing as they have been out of the country for so long. I think it is nice she was invited to the party but there is no reason she has to be in the wedding. I do think it is good for Jill to go to events with non-fundy women alone, instead of with a sibling or Derrick, that does not involve religion. 

I'm about 99% sure they met for the first time at the airport when Jill and Derick came back from Danger America in July or whenever that was. So if Jill did end up being a bridesmaid, I can only assume it was some stupid TLC plot. More likely, though, Dan was having his bachelor party activities at the same time and Deena just felt bad for Jill since she couldn't go with Derick, so she invited her to join her bachelorette activities.

4 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

If they think it is 'the end of times,' WTH do they keep having babies??

That is complex thought process and logic. You'll just hurt poor little Jillymuffin's empty head asking such silly questions. 

It is also prudent to ask why dooms day prefers exist. If the world is ending why do you need supplies? 

I have heard it being end of times since I was a kid. I am sure people will still be saying it 200 years from now. I think many people say it when things in the world are not going the way they would like or if a big catastrophe occurs. Honestly, if at any point the end times are here, I highly doubt anyone walking the earth will notice. 

Jill could be a bridesmaid so that way Derrick has someone to walk down the aisle with...

I was just reminded at Jills wedding how Ben wouldn't let Jessa walk down the aisle after the wedding with another guy. So Jill could possibly think the same thing.

13 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Jill could be a bridesmaid so that way Derrick has someone to walk down the aisle with...

I was just reminded at Jills wedding how Ben wouldn't let Jessa walk down the aisle after the wedding with another guy. So Jill could possibly think the same thing.

I think they were just joking around.

I think Dan and Deena seem like a nice couple. They have had a fairly quick engagement and whatnot as well, I noticed.

23 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

So we essentially have no clue what the "research paper" is about, how many sources she needed to use, or how long it is. We hate her and think she's a stupid and uneducated little lying braggart twit who doesn't care about learning. So we make fun of her when she seemingly applies herself to doing something at least remotely academic, especially compared to what she likely grew up with in her homeschooling life. Makes sense. 

All right, fair enough. 

Jana being a concert pianist and Jill's dubious midwife credentials make me extra cynical when it comes to the Duggars and their "accomplishments." But my anger is probably misplaced here and really should be directed at the Duggar parents and their tragically low homeschooling standards. And it is good that she's trying to do something to improve herself. I actually hope Derrick encourages her to get an Associate's.

If Jill is in that wedding I would think it was done as a courtesy. She is the wife of Dan's only brother and she might just be being nice. 

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

All right, fair enough. 

Jana being a concert pianist and Jill's dubious midwife credentials make me extra cynical when it comes to the Duggars and their "accomplishments." But my anger is probably misplaced here and really should be directed at the Duggar parents and their tragically low homeschooling standards. And it is good that she's trying to do something to improve herself. I actually hope Derrick encourages her to get an Associate's.

I could have been less feisty, but I was feeling frustrated. So much snark on their ignorance and lack of education and then and then total beat down when she tries. Compared to siblings, it does seem that Jill at least wants to learn new things and better herself, even if she may not know exactly how to accomplish that and even if her efforts seem small to some. It makes me hopeful. Each new thing she learns can/will hopefully lead to a thirst for more. 

I'm just watching the newest episode now. I think it's cool how Derek speaks spanish to Israel, and he understands like when he told Israel to kiss the man's cheek

Is Jill still nursing Israel? On the plane she says "He slept for 30 minutes, he nursed..."

So...Derick's Instagram post...he came home to a scavenger hunt. Is this something people in their 20's usually do? Am I just old and out of touch for finding this bizarre?

Anyone else think the scavenger hurt leads to a "we're pregnant" message?

7 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

So...Derick's Instagram post...he came home to a scavenger hunt. Is this something people in their 20's usually do? Am I just old and out of touch for finding this bizarre?

The post caption says the heart shaped cookie was what the scavenger hunt led to. At least that's how I'm reading it?

16 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

So...Derick's Instagram post...he came home to a scavengerarrow-10x10.png hunt. Is this something people in their 20's usually do? Am I just old and out of touch for finding this bizarre?

No you are definitely not old or out of touch. I mean I haven't really done one since my first year in university. Which was mostly a forced thing. But maybe it's a hipster thing, they might be making a comeback. 

40 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

If it really did lead to the cookie (as Derick's Instagram stated), I think Jill has just been browsing at-home date night ideas on Pinterest. And cookie does rhyme with nookie... 

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That is complex thought process and logic. You'll just hurt poor little Jillymuffin's empty head asking such silly questions. 

It is also prudent to ask why dooms day prefers exist. If the world is ending why do you need supplies? 

Yeah, they should ALL be like Paul. Celibate. :pb_lol:

Seriously though, I actually watched a documentary on how Paul literally wrote all that dribble about sex due to him thinking the world was ending. He knew his kids would probably end up in Hell.

3 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Ah, I guess it does say it led to the cookie. Weird.

I think it's kind of cute to be honest. She put some time and effort into a little surprise for the guy she cares about. But I can be a bit cheesy like that. :pb_lol:

On 10/19/2016 at 6:25 PM, Carm_88 said:

No you are definitely not old or out of touch. I mean I haven't really done one since my first year in university. Which was mostly a forced thing. But maybe it's a hipster thing, they might be making a comeback. 

The University of Chicago holds a famous scavenger hunt every year.  It sounds challenging and fun!

University of Chicago Scavenger Hunt

In 2014, one of the items that was on the to-find list was a Hyperbass flute.  I think there are only about 4 to 6 of them in the world.  Another task was to build a garden shed breeder reactor.  Some students actually did that in front of the library.  The garden shed reactor was inspired by the effort of David Hahn to build a breeder reactor in the shed in his backyard.  I trust that Chicago students were more careful than David was.  He got radiation poisoning which killed him on 26 September of this year.

On 10/20/2016 at 8:10 PM, PennySycamore said:

The University of Chicago holds a famous scavenger hunt every year.  It sounds challenging and fun!

University of Chicago Scavenger Hunt

In 2014, one of the items that was on the to-find list was a Hyperbass flute.  I think there are only about 4 to 6 of them in the world.  Another task was to build a garden shed breeder reactor.  Some students actually did that in front of the library.  The garden shed reactor was inspired by the effort of David Hahn to build a breeder reactor in the shed in his backyard.  I trust that Chicago students were more careful than David was.  He got radiation poisoning which killed him on 26 September of this year.

Awh see if the one that we did had to be more challenging it might have been a lot more fun. That actually does sound really really cool! 

I lived on campus for the first time as a grad student and my building organized a campus-wide scavenger hunt to help orient new students. Was actually a lot of fun, met some fellow students and learned about fun stuff on campus (like the basement bowling alley).

38 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3613230/jill-and-derick-dillard-expecting-another-baby-jill-duggar-dillard-shows-off-her-baby-bump/

What do you think about? In the photo really seems that Jill have a baby bump but I didn't see the show so i don't know if is only the photo and the outfit 

I'm not gonna jump on the pregnancy speculation train, but WTF kind of leghumping crap article is that?

Back in 2014, Jill, Anna and Jessa were all carrying Israel, Meredith and Spurgeon at the same time. It would be great if they ended up getting pregnant again at the same time.

Sure, wouldn't it just be stellar if not only were more children being born into this abusive cult, but if the wife of child molester and serial cheater Josh Duggar were pregnant again by him. Just great!

http://www.inquisitr.com/3613230/jill-and-derick-dillard-expecting-another-baby-jill-duggar-dillard-shows-off-her-baby-bump/
What do you think about? In the photo really seems that Jill have a baby bump but I didn't see the show so i don't know if is only the photo and the outfit 

I only got halfway through the article before it spammed me with stupid ads, but IMO Jill doesn't look pregnant in that picture; she looks like she's slouching and not wearing a clingy/drapey shirt.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived