IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now) - Part 20

samurai_sarah

Carry on from here:

Last reply in the old thread.

Carm_88:

Could be a regional thing but I was part of a bachlorette party this summer and I was nothing more then a wedding guest. As the bride's last fling as a single woman I think, well here at least, there are a lot of female friends invited. That's the way that we do it. I have no idea about Dan's fiancee and how they do things. 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's necessarily regional, just the preference of the bride in most cases

I only had 2 bridesmaids. I didn't have a traditional bachelorette party though as that's just not "my thing." But I did go out for drinks with my female cousins, my sister, mom, and aunts. Most people I know invite numerous female friends and relatives but only have a few bridesmaids (4 seems to be the average amount.)

Why is the name still in Central America? They are back presumably until both weddings are over.  I don't think I can be clever enough at 2am with heavy menstrual cramps and allergy itching ears to come up with any better suggestions, plus it's probably too late anyway. Lol. 

Supposedly they are back in Arkansas until the end of the year. I think that's what I remember reading.

6 hours ago, VixenToast said:

Why is the name still in Central America? They are back presumably until both weddings are over.  I don't think I can be clever enough at 2am with heavy menstrual cramps and allergy itching ears to come up with any better suggestions, plus it's probably too late anyway. Lol. 

Sympathizing on allergy ears! The worst!!

Might I offer a few thread name suggestions:

Jill, Derick, and Israel: Dawn of the Spiritually Dead

Jill, Derick, and Israel: Back In Normal Murica (For Now)

Jill, Derick, and Israel: Man-Buns and Midwifery

11 hours ago, VixenToast said:

Human error. :) I'd momentarily successfully scrubbed the Duggars from my brain (yay for me!), and had trouble recalling where the Dillards are. If I ever remember how I managed to scrub the Duggars, I'll announce the secret on FJ! Or sell it to the highest bidder...:pb_biggrin:

ETA @nastyhobbitses Thank you for suggesting new names!

1 hour ago, samurai_sarah said:

Human error. :) I'd momentarily successfully scrubbed the Duggars from my brain (yay for me!), and had trouble recalling where the Dillards are. If I ever remember how I managed to scrub the Duggars, I'll announce the secret on FJ! Or sell it to the highest bidder...:pb_biggrin:

You patent that shit and sell it at the highest price. Because 'Murcia!!! :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

You patent that shit and sell it at the highest price. Because 'Murcia!!! :pb_lol:

I'm torn. Public service v making a fortune... :pb_lol:

No pregnancy? She must be suffering. Maybe something went wrong with the c-section. I don't see her preventing. Well, better for Izzy, he's having a mom full time. 

Jill's not pregnant yet but I think only time will tell. Maybe she's going to announce later this time too to give us more speculation. Instead of dragging it out like with Izzy. 

32 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

No pregnancy? She must be suffering. Maybe something went wrong with the c-section. I don't see her preventing. Well, better for Izzy, he's having a mom full time. 

I'm wondering if the area they were in was on the high risk list for Zika?  If that's the case, I'm very happy to see them being careful about conceiving until the risk level for her is diminished.

2 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

ETA @nastyhobbitses Thank you for suggesting new names!

A suggestion for the next title; Making Cinteral 'Murka white again.  They don't know it never was white, so it's ok. 

19 minutes ago, justwatching said:

I'm wondering if the area they were in was on the high risk list for Zika?  If that's the case, I'm very happy to see them being careful about conceiving until the risk level for her is diminished.

this is what I was thinking. 

12 minutes ago, justwatching said:

I really think they are following the warnings of Zika, Jill had to have seen several Zika babies while there and that should scare her to think that she could have one of these children. While she is dumb enough to think that God might protect her because modesty and golden child BS, Derrick has to know from his college classes that this isn't something you can just pray away.  At least I'd like to think someone with a college degree a wife and child would have enough brains to know that. 

59 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe she's back in the good ol U S of A to get her some letrizole!

36 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

A suggestion for the next title; Making Cinteral 'Murka white again.  They don't know it never was white, so it's ok. 

Most Central American countries have European minorities who tend to hold most of the power, wealth, and land. In El Salvador, for example, the white population accounts for about 12.7 percent of the population:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/es.html

However, from the perspective of the Dillards, Central Americans of European descent are "the wrong kind of whites" since they generally aren't Baptists and don't "speak 'Murican."

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Jill's not pregnant yet but I think only time will tell. Maybe she's going to announce later this time too to give us more speculation. Instead of dragging it out like with Izzy. 

We can only hope and pray this is the case. While I'm happy for someone excited about a wanted pregnancy, they told the world before the pee stick was dry. They acted like they were the first couple to ever have a baby, and by the time she was six months along it seemed like she had been pregnant with an elephant for 18 months. As much as I find Jessa nauseating, at least she and Bin had the good sense to announce at the three month mark. 

26 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

We can only hope and pray this is the case. While I'm happy for someone excited about a wanted pregnancy, they told the world before the pee stick was dry. They acted like they were the first couple to ever have a baby, and by the time she was six months along it seemed like she had been pregnant with an elephant for 18 months. As much as I find Jessa nauseating, at least she and Bin had the good sense to announce at the three month mark. 

not only that - they keep some things private - not the sex - but whether she was sick or whatever... who can forget that psa with Jill and Derick going on and on about cold food. 

I seriously doubt that Jill saw many or any babies with microcephaly while in Ebil Cintril Murica. She pretty much confirmed that she was a shut in, so unless families were bringing their affected babies to Jill's Bible study classes, her exposure to vast numbers of natives would have been quite limited. Further, unless the microcephaly was a severe case, I doubt Jill (or many) people would be able to make the DX and connection to Zika by a quick glance. I don't think Jill was ever using her purported midwifery skills while south of the border.

Did the Dillys have some sort of crisis last winter? Didn't JB and M run down to CA? I always thought Jill might have had a miscarriage and now is having a bit of trouble achieving a pregnancy. Just my guess.

3 hours ago, nst said:

not only that - they keep some things private - not the sex - but whether she was sick or whatever... who can forget that psa with Jill and Derick going on and on about cold food. 

And those pictures in the same place every single week. She ballooned and that was it. She just stayed huge the whole time. Jeez my head hurts just thinking about it. 

4 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

To be fair, part of why it seemed to last so long was because Izzy came so late. I think he was due March 25th and didn't arrive until April 6th - so that's an extra twelve or so days. And the fact that they posted a ton of photos and updates and it was covered in the media and on the show. Little bit of overkill.

And it's tough trying to remember, but I'm pretty sure the public announcement in People happened when they were around 8 or 9 weeks along. Which really isn't that unreasonable.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Did the Dillys have some sort of crisis last winter? Didn't JB and M run down to CA? I always thought Jill might have had a miscarriage and now is having a bit of trouble achieving a pregnancy. Just my guess.

If that's the case then they do have some sympathy from me. It's limited because of their shit choices and beliefs, but I would sympathize a bit.

I have trouble believing that might be the case though. I always feel like they'd publicly announce any loss because it was still a life to them. Maybe I'm wrong and they would choose to mourn privately though. Regardless, every couple should handle that type of loss the way they feel is best for them.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

And those pictures in the same place every single week. She ballooned and that was it. She just stayed huge the whole time. Jeez my head hurts just thinking about it. 

I know, right? The further along the pregnancy went, the more obnoxious she became - in fact, my username comes from her high level of humility during that time. I felt bad for her at a certain point, though - the last four weeks or so of that pregnancy she looked miserable. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived