IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 12: Transformed, But We Can't Tell

Yep, women NEVER breastfed in public before, I dunno, some random time in history before the feminists popped up and started shoving ginormous boobies in erryone's faces. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/southerndisposition/25-historical-images-that-normalize-breastfeeding-jlw6

Funny how Lori gads about in a plunging neckline but shames publicly breastfeeding moms, who're probably showing WAY less. Hey, Lori ... ya ain't nothing but a hoochie mama ... 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen @Red Hair, Black Dress.  Without all those WACS & WAVES & W-whatevers, we wouldn't have the country we've got right now.  Every woman who was capable of turning a wrench or working a line did so their husband, brother, father, etc could go and get shot at overseas.  We were very lucky that it never came any closer than Pearl Harbor here.  

She's a spoiled brat.  Plain and simple. A naive, ungrateful, spoiled brat.  

Her readers are all over today's post.  Take this shining example of ignorance:

We lost our families in winning our 'rights'. I use this word because I can't find a substitute. My 'rights' include freedom to be the weaker vessel. Freedom to raise my children with out wrath. Freedom to claim a place in the home instead of a career. Freedom to worship love and raise and nurture. All these things I've had to fight for in this society!

Now let's break down the verbal vomit she just spewed:

We lost our families in winning our 'rights'.

The obvious question here, is how does the fact that she "has rights" = her losing her family?  Or anyone losing their family?  Very simply, it didn't and it doesn't.  No one loses their family because they have rights.

My 'rights' include freedom to be the weaker vessel. Freedom to raise my children with out wrath. Freedom to claim a place in the home instead of a career. Freedom to worship love and raise and nurture.

She absolutely has the right to all of those things.  Of course her "right" to raise her children without "wrath" is dependent upon her not beating, starving, or neglecting them (a concept fundies sometimes struggle with).  Otherwise, she's good to go.

All these things I've had to fight for in this society!

How?  Who has she had to fight?  Have feminist turned up at her door and tried to drag her to work?  Has she been arrested for worshiping her God or running around the net proclaiming herself the weaker vessel?  How exactly, has she had to "fight"??

Then there's this reader:

"Nothing that they have accomplished is important to the Lord and this is all that is important to me." If we all could have this attitude, like Jesus, who was busy doing His Father's will.

Umm, nope.  This is LORI claiming it's not important to the Lord.  That's kind of why she didn't provide scripture to back herself up.  

Does it strike these people as coincidental that Lori believes that the exact same things she feels haven't benefited her personally, are also unimportant to the Lord?

2 hours ago, polecat said:

Yep, women NEVER breastfed in public before, I dunno, some random time in history before the feminists popped up and started shoving ginormous boobies in erryone's faces. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/southerndisposition/25-historical-images-that-normalize-breastfeeding-jlw6

Funny how Lori gads about in a plunging neckline but shames publicly breastfeeding moms, who're probably showing WAY less. Hey, Lori ... ya ain't nothing but a hoochie mama ... 

Lori's a hoochie mama wannabe. 

I defended Lori's right to say these ridiculous things, and I defended our right to call her out on it. I spent two out of my four enlisted years in the Middle East, in combat, so to Lori, I say "Blech! to your ideas, your shaming, your contempt of women who are not like you!"

SGT Bonkers

I am always in awe of how women like Lori don't have any historical clue about feminism.  Things I'm grateful to feminism include the right to own property, inherit money, and be paid an equal wage for equal work; being able to vote and have a say in how my community is governed; get an education, including a degree; have custody of any children I could have had - and the rights not to have kids too; if I'm raped, have the rapist prosecuted and punished...  and that's just the beginning!

Hell, even Lori blogging and publishing her damned book, and maybe (but wow, I hope not) making money from it is because of feminism.  The birth control she chose, and chose to sabotage, is a direct link.

I have enjoyed conversations with younger women, who have done the whole "what has feminism done for me?", because once you start explaining the historical context, their eyes just pop. I guess the difference is, they start with a question, rather than parading their own ignorance...

Number one: Open a bank account. Okay, this is an okay one, although I would have been fine without it. My dad supported me until I got married for the most part and then Ken took over so for me, this wouldn’t have made a huge difference in my life. I will give feminism a point for this one.

Wow. How does Lori not understand that we aren't all raised by two parents in white upper middle class America? Jesus Fuck I don't know if I can read anymore of this. "It's Ok that women can have bank accounts." Thanks, Lori. Thank you so much for your generosity. Feminism can have a point for this! 

Number two: Serve Jury Duty. Blech! It was feminists who accomplished this for us? No thanks. I am always trying to get out of this one since I want to stay home and keep to my duties here instead of going to jury duty, plus I have struggled with my health for many years. I am not sure many women love going to jury duty. A point taken away for feminism in this one, in my opinion.

Jury duty sucks for everyone. You have to take time away from your job and it's mostly waiting around. Then you get a tiny check. Or you get dismissed. It's not even a very good system. I'd never want to leave my guilt or innocense in the hands of my peers. I learned that in middle school. 

Number three: Practice Law. Nope. Men can do a fine job doing this. What have women lawyers fought for that was worth much except for more freedom to abortion, free daycare, and things of this nature? I know there are some great women lawyers who are fighting for good things like the life of a baby but some wise men could do just as well. Besides, being a lawyer makes women much less feminine because they have to be argumentative and loud to state their case. It would be difficult for them to have a meek and quiet spirit as the Lord calls women to have. No points for this one.

Ever heard of a family lawyer, Lori? Or a tax lawyer, or an HR lawyer? Not all lawyers are litigators. Much of the arguing occurs on paper.  It's not about that, though, is it, Lori? It's about you wanting women to control women, like your husband and father controlled you. 

Number four: Take birth control pills. Horrible! This has led to the slaughter of over 54 millions babies in the womb since people can now decide to control their fertility. Once woman could take control of their fertility, it has led to more sexual immorality, terrible side effects, and less children. Minus 54 million points on this one.

I... no. Not even going to try. 54 million babies SLAUGHTERED. Because of a pill that prevents pregnancy. Is every sperm sacred again? 

Number five: Go on maternity leave. Yes, make it easier for women to leave their jobs for a few months to be with their children who they will then leave in the hands of strangers to raise. No thanks. Negative points. (Remember, it was feminists who fought so hard for women to leave their homes so they could have careers. Now, they have to fight for many other things that makes the government bigger and taxes higher to support them in this cause. Next, they are going to pay for child care. All have been terrible for children and society since they need and want their mothers home full time.)

Dumb bitch. You. Don't. Get. It. You classist, dumb cunt. I used to feel kind of sorry for you, Lori. Because you had a brain tumor and I thought you might not understand certain things. But you are so sheltered, willfully keeping yourself ignorant, that you can't possibly understand a single thing about how the world works. 

Number six: Breastfeed in public. If it means that a woman can breastfeed with her breasts completely exposed, it is a bad victory but if it allows for a woman to breastfeed covered up, it’s a great one. It’s a draw on this one, depending on what they were fighting for.

I don't even know what this means. What does it matter if someone sees boobs or not? I want to know why boobs are considered "indecent" unless there is a baby attached. Come on world, get over public nudity already. 

Number seven: Attend an Ivy League University. These are full of humanistic teachings, anti-God, feminist’s teachings, and nothing about what God desires women to do and be. Negative points.

I actually wonder if you are just jealous. You didn't go to college, did you? If you did, it must not have been a good one, because you are dumber than a box of rocks. 

Number eight: Attend a military academy. In the Bible, everyone that went to war were men at least 20 years of age (Numbers 1:45). This is how God planned it to be and it should have always stayed this way. Fighting wars is not a place for women. Period. Negative points.

Not all military jobs are combat, you dumb bitch. Fucking pick up a book sometime. 

Number nine: Run the Boston Marathon. This one doesn’t matter to me. I see no harm in women running that long if that is what they want to do but for Christian women to spend so much time in preparing for this seems a waste of time to me. They get a point for this one.

I thought you said that none of these matter to you. So it's OK if non-Christian women do this, but Christian women should probably stay home with the kids? Hey, guess what? My friend of unknown religion or possibly none has run it multiple times. She's got a couple of kids in grade school. You know what she does? She goes to soccer games and sets up a bike trainer next to the field. She goes and runs on the treadmills at the soccer field while her kids play.  (or at the track.) She swims laps while her kids are in swim lessons. She's there for her kid AND has time to train for an hour or so a day. (Longer on Saturdays.) It's not THAT time consuming, you just have to be disciplined. 

Number ten: Serve in combat. See number eight. Blech! To me, this is wicked, especially since they are thinking about drafting women. Thanks a lot, feminists. Multiple negative points on this one.

Don't worry, no one is going to ask you to do anything for them. Much less die for them. We know you would rather hide in your house and worry and fret and complain about other people. 

Number eleven: Become an astronaut. I am not sure why a Christian woman would want to pursue this since it has nothing to do with what God has called women to do and it ministers to no one but if a woman wants to do this, so be it. Feminism gets a point for this.

Oh, Lori, you are so so sad and pathetic. Not everyone is you. I'm a woman. I can't stand that shitty font you use on your photos as it it UGLY. I like science and exploration and how the fuck you know what God calls other women to do? If a woman is born with the aptitude, drive, and interest in being an astronaut, how do you know that God would rather have her at home? How the fuck do you presume to speak for God? 

Feminists get a few points for things I don’t care about at all and I am sure God doesn’t care about any of these things. 

It's "Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death." 

NOT HAIL LORI. 

Did you notice at the beginning of the article, the author said, “seeing the things my mother and grandmother were forced to endure.” It’s as if women were beaten, stoned, and treated like slaves before feminism came on the scene. I have heard this a lot. 

You have heard what a lot? What are you referring to? Why are you so bad at everything? 

They act as if feminism has been a woman’s savior, but in my mind, it has been a woman’s demise. The world’s ways are not God’s ways.

Who are "they"? Who are you referring to? Didn't God create the world? How are the ways of the world not God's ways if this is his creation? I know, Free Will or whatever. But also predetermination so why does it matter what we do? Religion makes me so confused sometimes. 

They also claimed that a wife was “legally classified as ‘subordinate’ to her husband.” Wives being under the authority of their husbands is a good thing since all of God’s commands for us are the best for us. This brings harmony to a home if the husband is not an evil and abusive husband. (Submission of a wife does not cause a man to be abusive contrary to popular opinion. An abusive man has an evil heart.) All this means is that women and men have different, but valuable roles in marriage.

Stop listening to the lies of feminism and the supposed “triumphs” they have gained. They have only gained them because men have let them. It’s nothing they could have done without men stepping aside and allowing it.  (I am very sad they stepped aside in all things having to do with the military and protection of our country. What were they thinking?) You can see from this list that the negatives far outweigh the positives and the negatives have been exceedingly detrimental to this culture, especially for the least among us, the children. Nothing that they have accomplished is important to the Lord and this is all that is important to me.

*Yawn* The rest of this is just boring I didn't even really read it. 

Did you notice at the beginning of the article, the author said, “seeing the things my mother and grandmother were forced to endure.” It’s as if women were beaten, stoned, and treated like slaves before feminism came on the scene. I have heard this a lot. 

This really got to me. Women WERE beaten, stoned, and treated like slaves before feminism came on the scene (especially, you know, all those women who WERE slaves). And, sadly, still are.

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This really got to me. Women WERE beaten, stoned, and treated like slaves before feminism came on the scene (especially, you know, all those women who WERE slaves). And, sadly, still are.

Ugh yes. Lori is so empty headed and foolish. I really wonder if she is so infuriating in real life. I mean, if I met her and didn't know who she was, would I think so poorly of her? Does Lori tell the woman checking out her groceries to quit working? Does Lori do anything for anyone that isn't herself? She's the kind of person who takes her pet to a kill shelter because it went blind and scratched her child who is old enough to learn how to treat an animal. 

Hell, even Lori blogging and publishing her damned book, and maybe (but wow, I hope not) making money from it is because of feminism.

This right here. I wonder if anyone has mentioned this to her?  Now I'm not a bible scholar, you know how Cat'licks are with scripture, but I am fairly certain there are no passages that refer to a woman being allowed to write (please correct me if I'm wrong). As far as gospels go... all the allowable ones are those written by men.. Even the book of Ruth is abbreviated in the KJV. 

Yes she's been told to "mentor" & "teach younger women" but to publish books for profit on the modern interwebs? Selling books is a far cry from selflessly helping young women become better wives & mothers. I'd dearly love to know where the money goes, clearly she doesn't need it, she has an amaaazing, Hard Working husband who Provides. 

Lori, you need to look to that plank in your eye. 

47 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

This right here. I wonder if anyone has mentioned this to her?  Now I'm not a bible scholar, you know how Cat'licks are with scripture, but I am fairly certain there are no passages that refer to a woman being allowed to write (please correct me if I'm wrong). As far as gospels go... all the allowable ones are those written by men.. Even the book of Ruth is abbreviated in the KJV. 

Yes she's been told to "mentor" & "teach younger women" but to publish books for profit on the modern interwebs? Selling books is a far cry from selflessly helping young women become better wives & mothers. I'd dearly love to know where the money goes, clearly she doesn't need it, she has an amaaazing, Hard Working husband who Provides. 

Lori, you need to look to that plank in your eye. 

Plank? Pfft. It's a damned sequoia. :my_dodgy:

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I thought the same thing. These things really did happen, and still do, especially in countries where women don't have many rights (Lori would say, "rights")

They also claimed that a wife was “legally classified as ‘subordinate’ to her husband.” Wives being under the authority of their husbands is a good thing since all of God’s commands for us are the best for us. This brings harmony to a home if the husband is not an evil and abusive husband.

(Submission of a wife does not cause a man to be abusive contrary to popular opinion. An abusive man has an evil heart.) All this means is that women and men have different, but valuable roles in marriage.

"Popular opinion"? I don't know anyone who claims submission *causes* abuse, only that submission makes it harder to *escape* abuse. Reading comprehension is not Lori's strong suit.

Which is a shame, because otherwise I'd like to send her a copy of The Wrongs of Woman, in which a woman escapes an abusive husband only to have him show up at the business she built from scratch and take every last scrap of her assets, even the bed she was sleeping in, because under the law of coverture it belonged to him.

I wonder if Lori will do a hate blog on Amazon's new show Good Girls Revolt which is about women fighting discrimination in the 60s. I can see her writing about it and blaming the entertainment industry for furthering the cause of the ungodly feminists.

I watched Joyce Meyer this morning, and she was talking about having mercy.  She even mentioned that maybe women could show mercy to their husbands if he leaves his socks on the floor.  She said a wife could not make it an issue and just pick them up for him.   Now I'm sure Lori would be all over that, except for Joyce teaching the BIble with men (gasp) in the audience.  

But somehow, it wasn't offensive coming from Joyce.  Maybe it's because she has more grace and class than Lori.

For a woman who whines so loudly about being "attacked, maligned, and slandered", Lori sure doesn't have any trouble dishing it out:

Remember the post I did a few weeks ago about popular female teachers and writers?

Which one?  She's written several articles full of gossip about other teachers and writers (a behavior she says no decent Christian would engage in).

It has come out, as I am sure most of you have heard, that the very popular “Christian” blogger and speaker, Jen Hatmaker, doesn’t teach about sin, repentance, obedience, or hell. She just wants everyone to “love ” each other and get along. 

*Gasp* Love??  Tell me you are kidding.  And if that's not bad enough, she wants people to get along!  Good god, what kind of woman is she?  

Thank goodness Lori is sounding the alarm!  Everyone knows the main message of the gospel is to gossip about women who go around looking like whores in yoga pants!

I have been warning women about women like this because if they don’t teach about God’s love and mercy, without teaching about sin and the hard things, they are on a very slippery slope away from the Truth of God.

That's right Mentor Lori, no one can say you haven't warned them!  When they face God and have to explain following the second greatest commandment, you won't have the mess on your hands!

Matthew 22:36-39

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

What I find really interesting, it that when the Josh Duggar scandals broke, Lori and Ken wrote post after post normalizing his behavior and prattling on about forgiveness and how he'd be welcome in their home.

On the other hand, upon discovering that Jen is spreading the message of God's love, and encouraging people to get along, Lori feels she must "warn" other women of her dangerous message.  Interesting stuff.

https://thetransformedwife.com/when-we-love-someone-we-want-them-to-go-to-heaven/

As much as Lori goes on and on and on and on and on about how all she's doing is Titus-2ing us, she sure does have a lot of posts that have nothing to do with teaching women to submit to their husbands and be keepers at home become doormats.

The Jen Hatmaker interview that's being bashed is actually kind of interesting. She says she supports gay marriage in a civil and legal way,  gay couples need relationship and family support from church communities just as others do (such as single parents, heterosexual married couples, people caring for elderly parents, etc.), she wants her gay friends to find happiness and love and would attend their weddings, and she wouldn't treat her children any differently if they were gay. It gets fuzzy when she is asked if same-sex relationships can be holy. She says they are holy but that it is nuanced and has to do with responding to sorrow with love. She does not say that some of the things I've seen some point out that she says, namely that same-sex relationships are blessed by God or that they are the same as marriage between a man and woman.

Lori just seems to be jumping on the bandwagon here, and it has absolutely nothing to do with what she claims her blog is about. I think she's using goggle tactics (isn't that how Ken put it?). She knows people will be googling for information about this, so she's written an SEO-friendly post that will show up when people try to find out what Matt Walsh said about Jen Hatmaker. She's trying to go viral again.

" It has come out, as I am sure most of you have heard, that the very popular “Christian” blogger and speaker, Jen Hatmaker, doesn’t teach about sin, repentance, obedience, or hell. She just wants everyone to “love ” each other and get along. "

Now WAIT JUST A MINUTE here, LORI. Isn't this just EXACTLY how you say women are supposed to behave with their husbands? That whole "win him without a word" bullshit you prattle about incessantly? How women are NEVER supposed to so much as think anything negative about their men but just LURVE them into heaven? 

Oh, but that's okay because ... why? Please explain to this feminist because clearly she's too stupid to logic.

That's what scares me about people like Lori and her followers.  They don't want certain rights, and they think because they don't want them, they aren't important.  

Lori had a father and Ken to support her, and quite frankly, I don't think she gives a damn what happens to anyone else.  The privilege she has been afforded in this world have made her into a nearly intolerable person.  Her most recent Amazon reviews basically called her a spoiled princess with control issues, who has no clue how the real world works.

Yesterday, The Joy Filled Wife left the following comment-

I would have no problem with any of these still being law. 

That's scary, folks.  What they are advocating for is women losing their rights.  People like SSM are advocating for marital rape.  It's not that they just want to throw their rights away...they want us all to lose them.

Question:  I've only read bits and pieces of the blog, more recent posts than past.  I'm not a Lori expert quite yet....so, has she ever mentioned that she married Ken because she loved him?  Or mentioned that it played a role?  Blog or Book?  Or even Facebook for the matter?  I read @usmcmom's recaps and the bit about them fighting constantly and her just marrying him anyway...  

Assuming no, it makes me wonder if hers wasn't an arrangement of some kind.  If he was so polar opposite...why did she take that plunge?  Maybe he was already on the way to money or from an equally well off family.  Was(is) Lori a Golddigger?????  It would certainly help explain her bitchy spoiled attitude and willful ignorance of the world beyond her front yard.

Apparently I've hit some kind of FJ milestone?  I don't know what this person's intent was, but to rip me off and straight up plagiarize isn't ok.  Understand that the internet is vast and that maybe I shouldn't be bent out of shape..I am.  Shannon, this ain't cool. At. All.  My point was specific to her putting down female service members, past and present.  It's not a joke, or a notion to be played with. 

Spoiler

Screenshot (1).png

30 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Apparently I've hit some kind of FJ milestone?  I don't know what this person's intent was, but to rip me off and straight up plagiarize isn't ok.  Understand that the internet is vast and that maybe I shouldn't be bent out of shape..I am.  Shannon, this ain't cool. At. All.  My point was specific to her putting down female service members, past and present.  It's not a joke, or a notion to be played with. 

Hide contents

Screenshot (1).png

Wow.  I saw that, and assumed you were Shannon.  I didn't realize it was someone copying your post.

Edited, because for some reason I can't internet tonight.  Somehow I put it in spoilers.  It's late. :pb_lol: Oh well.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived