IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 12: Transformed, But We Can't Tell

I noticed something else about the Facebook page. Several weeks ago, Lori had around 15,000 fans. Now she has 19,000. That's a pretty dramatic increase. I follow quite a few marriage bloggers on Facebook, and that kind of growth typically happens only when something goes viral (when her post went viral, she gained a lot of fans then). Lori doesn't currently have a post going viral, so it's an unusual spike. Does anyone have any idea what's going on to get her so many new folks? 

I don't buy that Lori really has 19,000 followers. But she does have plenty of money to waste on stupid shit... and you know how much she loves pretending to have saved trillions of marriages. It wouldn't surprise me if she'd bought a significant percentage of those 4,000 new people.

I just looked and one company offered to get me that many new likes for $260.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, FundieWatcher said:

I can kind of understand, my strongest subject was science. That really makes writer and Bible teacher an even odder  profession to choose though. What is the Bible but a work of literature you need to analyze and interpret. Is that maybe what happened with Lori? Could that be why she misunderstands the Bible so much? She just really isn't able to pick up on the author's main idea? 

I also think Lori is pretty weak when it comes to analyzing and interpreting. FJers who are more well versed in the Bible and theology have called her out on misunderstanding certain parts of the Bible over the past several years. 

10 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

I don't buy that Lori really has 19,000 followers. But she does have plenty of money to waste on stupid shit... and you know how much she loves pretending to have saved trillions of marriages. It wouldn't surprise me if she'd bought a significant percentage of those 4,000 new people.

I can totally see her buying followers. I think some of the people who actually follow will ditch her later on. Lori and Ken have probably exaggerating a lot of things for the past years. Didn't Ken claim that their church sent thousands to women to Lori for mentoring?

20 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

10 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

I can totally see her buying followers. I think some of the people who actually follow will ditch her later on. Lori and Ken have probably exaggerating a lot of things for the past years. Didn't Ken claim that their church sent thousands to women to Lori for mentoring?

Somehow the idea of Lori buying followers doesn't gel with me. I don't know why, exactly, because she is hardly a shining example of virtue. She strikes me as basically honest within her own world view. She's horrible, but I think she  believes whatever she is saying at the moment (even if it contradicts what she said three sentences before). And she has selective memory, with a hindsight that perceives something other than the reality at the time. She exaggerates, but that is a matter of overstating the truth, not completely fabricating something. I don't see her paying to get Facebook fans, since she never seems to mention how many fans she has. 

As for today's post...aargh. She tries to equate women who wear yoga pants with women who murder their babies. My guess is that Ken's eyes wandered again, this time landing on yoga pants rather than a thong.

This comment on her FB page gave me a giggle: 

One day I realized that every time I went to Walmart or the dollar store, I changed my pants. Should we really be dressing in a way that we need to change our clothes just to go to the store?? That's when I started wearing skirts exclusively. Now I'm overdressed for Walmart and more comfy than I was in my yoga pants. What a horrible message to send our husbands and children, to dress like a slob around the house.

I *always* change before I go places. I don't dress "like a slob" around the house. I DRESS TO WORK around the house. I'm not going to scrub toilets and floors in a skirt. I'm not going to Target in mangy yoga pants. My husband sleeps during the day because he works nights, and even if he didn't, he gives literally zero fucks what I'm wearing (and probably prefers yoga pants since, you know, ASS). My kids care even less what I wear around the house because I daresay they don't even LOOk at me most of the time.

These people have WAY too much time on their hands. Maybe they need to get an actual J.O.B. or volunteer or something. 

All else aside, had you guys heard Lori had a post go viral?  I was really surprised to read about it this morning:

They were “immediate, passionate, and international” and nasty and mean about my homemaking post that went viral.

:GRONDE:

She continues:

I wrote an entire chapter in my book on modesty since women are not taught modesty anymore. I warned about yoga pants since I know they are not modest and cause men to stumble. It’s a little tough on guys to continually avert their eyes when almost every single women they see is wearing them no matter what they look like in them. 

That's the crux of it, isn't it Lori?  What they look like in them, that is.

Ken Alexander has an issue with leggings.  Women look awful in them!  Right, Ken?:

I hate leggings unless a dress is also being worn to at least mid thigh. I am embarrassed for most women who wear them, or yoga pants, not just for their immodesty, but most women look awful in them.

For as much as Ken hates leggings, don't even get Lori started on thong bikinis.  

Yes, wear thong bikinis, skin tight, and short short anything because this is their right! 

Of course, I guess we've all got pet peeves.  Mine, for instance, is women who wear shirts cut down to the navel, and then bitch about how immodest other women are.

Anything that goes against their “rights” is a vein that we aren’t supposed to mess with, unless you are a brave older women who knows that the Lord’s ways are best for younger women regardless of how many are rebelling against them.

Someone told her she was brave for posting her voting notebook doodle last week, and I guess she liked the sound of it.  Now she's a "brave" older woman, who God put in charge to enforce the dress code.  Awesome!  

Hey, Lori?  Start at home.  With your own family.  That'll give you plenty to work with.  Matter of fact, if you focus on your own daughter, you probably won't even have time to post about your friend's daughter.  You know, the one from this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/07/her-daughter-sews-thong-bathing-suits.html

I wear decade-old sweatpants about the house and Mr Alba gives exactly zero fucks about how "slobby" I look. He does laugh at me when I insist on getting changed to go down the road to the library, though; he insists I look "fine" in baggy sweats with lettering peeling off the bum :pb_lol:

I don't harbor any illusion that Lori is even remotely honest.  She's been caught lying too many times, and when confronted, she deletes the comment pointing it out, or the evidence.  Ken is the same way.

I think it was just last week that she told some reader that her daughter gave up her dancing career when she got married (a lie if I've ever heard one).

I could totally see her buying likes.  For Jesus, of course.

6 minutes ago, alba said:

I wear decade-old sweatpants about the house and Mr Alba gives exactly zero fucks about how "slobby" I look. He does laugh at me when I insist on getting changed to go down the road to the library, though; he insists I look "fine" in baggy sweats with lettering peeling off the bum :pb_lol:

I didn't marry my husband for him to always look perfectly put together. I married him because he is a real human and I like him no matter what he wears. Do I think he looks uber sexy in tight jeans and a dark colored sweater. Oooooh yeah. Do I expect him to wear that and only that, for the rest of our lives? Of course not.

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

I think it was just last week that she told some reader that her daughter gave up her dancing career when she got married (a lie if I've ever heard one).

I guess I get the impression that she actually believes this. Her daughter continuing a career just didn't fit Lori's world view, so she figures out a way to twist it so it fits. Maybe that's more delusional than honest.

5 minutes ago, alba said:

This reminds me -- my husband (who is almost a foot taller than me and several dozen pounds heavier than me) suggested that I wear his sweats to the hospital a couple times recently. I have been having surgeries, and they suggested wearing "loose, comfortable clothes" to come home in, and I just could NOT bring myself to do it. I would have felt like SUCH a slob. There you go, Lori -- a man who cares more about his wife's actual comfort and well-being than how sexy she looks. Imagine that! 

2 minutes ago, molecule said:

I guess I get the impression that she actually believes this. Her daughter continuing a career just didn't fit Lori's world view, so she figures out a way to twist it so it fits. Maybe that's more delusional than honest.

From an outsiders perspective, it seems like Alyssa's retirement from the ballet company was a matter of location. Sometimes spouses have to give up jobs because their spouse has a job opportunity in another location. Alyssa still works as a dance instructor, just in the city where her husband works.

lori just liked to rewrite history to suit her  blog.

The best part of the day is going home & putting on sweat pants or yoga pants. Also removing the bra is a great feeling. She'll never get to feel the "Ahhh" that comes with sliding on soft sweats with a loose waistband!

It has been said before but if your husband cares so much what random women wear in public, you have an issue with him. A man in love doesn't ogle other women. Mature men might notice cute young women but they do so with subtlety, without angering or embarrassing their wives. They certainly don't shame them for what they wear.

I read her post while wearing an old black t shirt and a pair of plaid men's (gasp!) pajama pants. That's pretty much my standard daily at home uniform, both because it's sublimely comfortable and it saves my nicer clothes for when I go out. Because I can't afford to be cleaning the house in nice clothes, or working in the garden, or doing the laundry (imagine the bleach spots I'd have all over a nice skirt!).

My husband doesn't care what I wear at home. He doesn't care what I wear in public, either, really. And unlike Ken, he never seems to notice when other women are dressed in yoga pants or other 'immodest' attire. Or if he does, he's subtle about it, as @Chocolatedefrauded said. He doesn't ogle and leer, or ogle and then tell me how appalled he is by their immodesty. I think that's how Ken gets away with looking at other women. "Did you see that, Lori? That immodest, yoga-pants-wearing woman? Did you see her camel-toe? I'm offended. She must be a feminist. I must look away lest I become defiled. You need to write about her on your blog--oh, look, there's another one! I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you."   :pb_rollseyes:

Reader:

It definitely becomes teachable moments when I'm out grocery shopping with my daughters. We shop in an area that is obsessed with physical appearance (plastic surgery billboards and gyms on every corner) so we shop with many women wearing workout clothes....short shorts and sports bras! Lots of conversation with my daughters about modesty and they actually feel embarrassed for those women (Ugh mom her shorts don't cover her butt!) or (you can see her belly button!). This is what the world says is stylish! But God's Word says otherwise....we don't conform to the ways of the world! We follow what God says!

Nice, but I am pretty sure the message of Christianity isn't to teach your children to roam about the grocery stores looking for women to gossip about/be embarrassed for.  

As much as this mom claims to follow "what God says!", she apparently missed the verses advising against gossip and being idle.  At least idle enough that you've made a game out of critiquing women at the grocery.

Also ironic that she complains about living in an area where people are "obsessed with physical appearance", when she seems equally obsessed.

Carry on, though.

so you can only join her group to talk about one narrow topic and only if you agree with her? Seems like it's going to be a short conversation there. How exciting is it for a bunch of people to say "I agree"?! Wow, she's so rigid she could be a steel rod.

I was in it for a bit. Even for someone with relatively conservative religious ideals...it was boring as all heck. So much agreeing on every thread. "Oh, me too. I hate it when people..." over and over again.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

We shop in an area that is obsessed with physical appearance (plastic surgery billboards and gyms on every corner)

Actually, Koala didn't say this -- a judgmental biddy said it. And I'm using it as a teachable moment. Plastic surgery has absolutely JACK SHIT to do with being obsessed with physical appearance. Plastic surgery is primarily about reconstructing body parts that have been damaged or disfigured due to disease or physical trauma (or reconstructing body parts that were disfigured due to birth defects). I think this person MIGHT mean cosmetic surgery. A lot of people get them confused, but eff off, lady.

Oh, and hey -- maybe people who go to gyms are doing it for their HEALTH -- not because they're VAIN. 

Signed, someone who credits one plastic surgeon with restoring the function of one of her hands and another plastic surgeon who is currently restoring the function of her LEGS. You know, things people actually NEED and USE every DAY. God, I can't even with how judgy and hateful these asshats are.

I think Lori's capable of buying followers- she's very much an "ends justify the means" type. So if someone is telling her that's what it takes to get Famous For Jesus, she'd do it.

When I was in Lori's sooper sekrit group, she had a post about how evil plastic surgery is. I had plastic surgery (breast reduction) and she was absolutely aghast that I made my breasts smaller (because Mr. Jerkit obvs wants huge breasticles). I debated taking a picture of the deformity in my shoulders where my bra straps have dug in my whole life and caused a groove where there shouldn't be one. Lori could not seem to understand why I would "chop off my breasts"

For the record, my post-reduction breasts are glorious. My plastic surgeon is brilliant. I have absolutely perfect breasts and I'm fine bragging about them.

@jerkit let me guess, you should have "suffered joyfully" with the back pain, gouged shoulders, and clothing hell? 

But of course being buxom will only work in Lori's world if you're wasp waisted cause ya know...being a little thick is against Gawd.  Just make sure your covering up COMPLETELY when you go out so as not to lead those poor innocent mens astray!

PS I'm happy you had a procedure that gave you an overall boost (no pun intended)

I am shocked that Lori couldn't get behind a breast reduction.  

According to her, she's always been small, and has never had any trouble luring men.  She also seems to be of the opinion that larger breasts just aren't as "pretty" after you age.

I have always been fairly small, except when I was pregnant and nursing, and you know what, I have had an awesome life.  I never had problems getting boyfriends or a wonderful husband.  It doesn't affect our sex life in any way.
We must teach our daughters and young women in our lives that it is okay to be small.  Actually it is much more comfortable and as you age, large ones just hang down and start not looking so pretty.  

On the other hand, she seems positively baffled that women carrying the BRCA gene would opt for a mastectomy instead of just eating vegetables.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/05/cutting-off-your-breasts.html

Lori Alexander: Thinker of Thoughts

well you're clearly a man tempting hussy by 'letting' them get that large...hell I bet you wear yoga pants too dontcha!

:TRUCDEOUF:

7 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

well you're clearly a man tempting hussy by 'letting' them get that large...hell I bet you wear yoga pants too dontcha!

:TRUCDEOUF:

Worse. I wear running compression pants all the places.

Back to today's post, I think I beginning to understand Lori's position on modesty better.  

She wrote the following on her blog:

We, as women, will never understand how a man's mind works. We think all men who see scantily clad women want to have sex with them. We get mad at them for looking. However, one man on another blog, made this very interesting comment ~

I’m not blind. I see attractive women all the time and I don’t want them AT ALL. I want my wife. She’s 50, has had and raised five kids and it shows. It has not diminished my desire for her and her alone in the least. The curious thing is that exposure to a highly sexualized society does not make me want “sex” more and it certainly doesn't make me want that sexy woman in the commercial, it makes me want HER more. She cannot comprehend this.

Ken has tried to explain this to me before. I am beginning to understand. God gave men wives to satisfy their sexual needs for it is better to marry than to burn. Yes, they WILL see beautiful, sexy women in this world but our husbands chose us to live with all the days of our lives and most Christian husbands live faithful to us, thankfully!

Yes, most men will be attracted to a beautiful, sexy woman walking by but that doesn't mean he wants to have sex with her. It may get him more excited to have sex with you, but we need to stop taking this offensively and understand that this is the way God built them and live in an understanding, instead of judgmental way with them.

For clarity:

-Men look at "sexy" women because that's how God made them.

-Seeing sexy women is likely to make him want to have sex with you (since he can't have sex with them).  During this time (when your husband is having sex with you, but fantasizing about the woman in a thong he saw at the beach), you should remember that your God designed purpose is to satisfy his sexual needs. Much like a prostitute, you provide sex in exchange for steady money.

- Don't be offended when your husband looks at women in thongs on the beach, and don't be judgment- of him.  As stated above, he was created by God to act like a sex crazed animal when he sees a sexy woman.

- Women who dress in a way that Lori deems immodest are whores (with the exception of Lori and her daughters).  Feel free to judge and shame them publicly.  If you have photographic evidence, by all means, post it on your blog. 

They are CAUSING innocent men to stumble.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived