IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 12: Transformed, But We Can't Tell

My pastor growing up was a woman. She did teach us about sin, but she also taught us to be strong, independent people, not just helpmeets. She married my sister and her husband, but she also had a gay best friend and supported gay marriage. She had children. She taught us a certain degree of modesty but never shamed us. She introduced us to the rabbi at the temple down the street and had us sit in on a Buddhist ceremony. She never once told my mom or my sister that they shouldn't be working wives or mothers, because she was one too, and also maybe because she wasn't a judgmental bitch... 

I'm not a christian anymore, but I'm gonna go with those are just good life lessons. Don't scare the children into being good, just teach them goodness. But I guess I shouldn't have listened because she's a woman. To be fair I never should've been in that bible class sitting next to the men-folk in the first place. Blasphemy. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last two pastors of my Episcopal church were women, and both were AWESOME.(Unfortunately, we lost the second when the diocese decided our congregation was too small for a full-time pastor; now we have a "supply priest" who comes in on Sunday morning.)

On 10/17/2016 at 0:08 PM, TeddyBonkers said:

Technology such as Kevlar for bullet proof vests? Thank you, Stephanie Kwolek! Or flares (Martha Coston)? Medical syringes (Letitia Geer)? Wireless transmission like in GPS's (HEDY FUCKIN LAMAR)?

And maybe it's just me, but the tone of these sentences just rubs me the wrong way. It sounds as if she is saying that since women have bullet proof vests in combat, this proves that women are weaker? Does she not know that men wear them too? 

Don't be ridiculous. Don't you know that testosterone can repel bullets?! :pb_rollseyes:

On 10/20/2016 at 1:30 AM, alba said:

Is he a postgrad student? I don't know about in the US, but over here in certain fields you can get very generous stipends for postgrad study. Mr Alba and I lived off of his stipend for years; it was tight, but it was doable (FTR, I wasn't doing a Lori and refusing to get a job. I chose a non-vocational field of study pre-recession, graduated in the midst of it, and had that lovely cocktail of too much education and insufficient experience for minimum wage jobs and the wrong degree for graduate jobs).

Cassi's husband is a dental student. I don't t know if they receive stipends here in the US. A friend of mine is married to a pharmacist. She worked while he was in pharmacy school and I recall he received stipends and got loans which partially contributed to household expenses.

We will never know the whole story with Cassi and her husband. The husband could be receiving financial support from his side of the family in addition to whatever Cassi's income is. But, Lori is still an asswipe to think of her precious daughter as  SAHM. As other FJers have pointed, she continually lies about her other daughter "giving up dancing" for her husband. Last time I viewed the daughter's FB page, she had dance teacher listed as a job.

22 minutes ago, Koala said:

This political post brought to you by a women who, mere days ago, said she didn't think women should have the right to vote:

https://thetransformedwife.com/hillarys-pro-death-stance/

Lori said, 

“As an OB/GYN physician for 31 years, there is no medical situation that requires aborting / killing the baby in the third trimester to ‘save the mother’s life.’ Just deliver the baby by c/section and the baby has 95+% survival with readily available NICU care even at 28 weeks. C/section is quicker and safer than partial birth abortion for the mother.”

This is absolutely correct. There is absolutely no situation in which people are aborting babies in the 39th week of pregnancy to save a mother's life (or for her convenience). At this point of pregnancy, it's called "birth." The baby is delivered and cared for as necessary. If the mother doesn't want to raise it, then it can be adopted. (I had three of these "abortions," or, you know, c-sections, to save my life, and the products of those c-section/abortions are sitting here with me right now watching cartoons.)

What DOES happen is abortion for nonviable fetuses. Babies who are discovered to have horrible birth defects that are noncompatible with life. Some women choose to continue these pregnancies; some do not. The state has no business telling any woman how to handle this heartbreaking situation. NONE.

Some decent education would do you a world of good. Add a healthy dose of compassion to that, and there would be no end to the good you could do. 

@polecat Are you trying to say that women don't gestate for 39 weeks, and then have on abortion ON the delivery table?  Clearly you don't know the Feminist Agenda like Lori does.  That's one of the requirements! 

14 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Lori has bragged many times how they support their children financially still to some extent.

I wonder if she clashes with Ken because he said on the blog that he was against parents helping adult children. There is nothing with parents helping adult children if they have the means. Lori comes off as a moron because she doesn't care or realize that not everyone can turn to their parents for help.

1 minute ago, lilwriter85 said:

I wonder if she clashes with Ken because he said on the blog that he was against parents helping adult children. There is nothing with parents helping adult children if they have the means. Lori comes off as a moron because she doesn't care or realize that not everyone can turn to their parents for help.

Didn't Lori's parents help them when they were newly married?  I thought she wrote that.

5 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Didn't Lori's parents help them when they were newly married?  I thought she wrote that.

They did. I can't remember all the details. It was something that they helped Ken and Lori get a trailer home or they paid the trailer park fees. I might be confusing them with someone else, didn't Lori's parents give them a car too.  One of my theories is that Ken might have felt bad about having to take help from Lori's parents and is now against parents helping their adult kids.

Yes I think Lori's parents helped them with their rent and a car when they were newly married. I seem to remember Ken saying he wouldn't help their kids financially if they were to get divorced, not that he was opposed to it in general. 

Lori:

My parents helped us out when we were newly married and they are still generous with us. We will continue to help our children out as long as they are working hard and walking in obedience to God.

I don't disagree with Lori about helping your children.  What I disagree with, is her advising them to marry "before they have their ducks in a row".  Not everyone has help readily available.  This is an instance of Lori allowing her privilege to blind her.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/09/their-ducks-werent-all-in-order.html

I'm continually boggling about the whole "Hillary believes in abortions right up to the day of birth" thing, because although I'm not a Degreed Medical Professional, even I can see that a lot of this stuff is ludicrous.  I guess I am one of the victims of these super-late abortions for the health of the mother - my mum had pre-eclampsia, so I was an early forceps delivery to protect us both (I think 3 or 4 weeks early?  But my poor mum had swollen up like a balloon and been in hospital on bed-rest for weeks).  I'm really struggling, trying to imagine why the alternative (possible death of mother and child) is righteous, and intervention to save both our lives is evil....

Instead, she (Hillary Clinton) takes millions of dollars for her campaign from an abortion mill that produced 323,000 million abortions last year. That is not “rare” but disgustingly evil.

Okay, that's just dumb. I know proofreading isn't Lori's strong suit, but I believe that she's just throwing that "million" in there. 

4 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Okay, that's just dumb. I know proofreading isn't Lori's strong suit, but I believe that she's just throwing that "million" in there. 

I don't know where  323,000 million came from. Even if she meant 323 million...that is way too many. (There are about 325 million Americans.) And just 323,000 itself is too low. So yeah, that is a totally invented statistic. 

After a bit of Google-fu, I THINK she's getting that number from Planned Parenthood. In other words, that's how many abortions PP does per year. Maybe?

The  International PP  stat I found was just under a million per year. In the US it is closer, but still more than 323K per year.  Total worldwide abortion number was estimated at 40 to 50 million. But maybe fundies don't buy the official numbers? Since they don't trust PP and organizations like WHO are secular. Or could it be that she is including people that use hormonal birth control somehow? 

15 hours ago, FundieWatcher said:

The  International PP  stat I found was just under a million per year. In the US it is closer, but still more than 323K per year.  Total worldwide abortion number was estimated at 40 to 50 million. But maybe fundies don't buy the official numbers? Since they don't trust PP and organizations like WHO are secular. Or could it be that she is including people that use hormonal birth control somehow? 

Exactly. Fundies seem to consider the pill an abortifacient (see: that Doctor the Duggars saw after that miscarriage they had post Josh) so I wouldn't be surprised. Fundies also love hyperbole.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:40 PM, Shoobydoo said:

Don't be ridiculous. Don't you know that testosterone can repel bullets?! :pb_rollseyes:

You are quite right--Grampwych has watched several movies with titles like "Bulletproof," although if any movie has Gary Busey starring I wouldn't tell anyone I watched it.

Lori mentioned in her post today that there is an application to join her private facebook group.  The form is entertaining and worthy of many eyerolls - she is such a control freak.  Here's the link to it:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBRwhWfSEju2PFy-dEXlBpOPfDMGH7Yhw7Glk-ggKi9pHytg/viewform?c=0&w=1

8 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

Lori mentioned in her post today that there is an application to join her private facebook group.  The form is entertaining and worthy of many eyerolls - she is such a control freak.  Here's the link to it:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBRwhWfSEju2PFy-dEXlBpOPfDMGH7Yhw7Glk-ggKi9pHytg/viewform?c=0&w=1

It's a pretty easy quiz. Agree with everything in the rules and boom...you're in. 

I feld tempted to answer all the questions just rihgt, makeing Lori think I was a dreammember, and than the answer to the last question  would be Free  Jinger. Not gonna do it, because I do'nt realy want to make contact with fundies and I don't know enough of the bible to answer the orther questions, but the idea made me smile:giggle:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived