IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 12: Transformed, But We Can't Tell

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Lori, have you ever heard the Bible verse, "Jesus wept?"  He was  crying over the loss of his friend. 

I know I haven't been to church in eons, I'm pretty sure that we are supposed to be like Jesus. Jesus wept. He had emotions. Why should Christians refrain from expressing emotion? It's not unbiblical. 

4 hours ago, usedtobenice said:

Hey Lori, have you ever heard the Bible verse, "Jesus wept?"  He was  crying over the loss of his friend. 

I know I haven't been to church in eons, I'm pretty sure that we are supposed to be like Jesus. Jesus wept. He had emotions. Why should Christians refrain from expressing emotion? It's not unbiblical. 

Yep! It's in John 11: 33 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled.34 “Where have you laid him?” he asked.

“Come and see, Lord,” they replied.

35 Jesus wept.

36 Then the Jews said, “See how he loved him!”

Jesus not only had emotions, he also had empathy - something Lori has never shown.  One reason many did not accept that Jesus was the savior they had been promised was that he was a modest man. He was not a King who lived in splendor. I was always taught that God sent the savior of the earth in human form so that He could understand and empathize with human nature, including emotions. Emotions are not sinful, they are God-given and they were felt by Christ himself. 

I believe Lori calls emotions sinful because she truly does not feel them. When Koala was imploring Lori to be with her mother in these last days and strive to avoid regret (which was a beautiful post @Koala) I just found myself thinking that Lori won't heed her advice because she won't have those feelings of regret and loss. 

I'll give Lori due credit for her knowledge of the Bible, but she is sorely lacking in the compassion and empathy needed to teach it and live it. 

Lori is on again today about how she wasn't a fun mother. She really has some guilt over being sick and not being one of those fun moms. So, since she couldn't be fun nobody get to be fun. She is shaming other moms into thinking if they are a fun mom then they aren't godly enough. Its so disgusting. 

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori is on again today about how she wasn't a fun mother. She really has some guilt over being sick and not being one of those fun moms. So, since she couldn't be fun nobody get to be fun. She is shaming other moms into thinking if they are a fun mom then they aren't godly enough. Its so disgusting. 

I wonder if she's trying to resurrect her most controversial posts in an attempt to "go viral" again. I think the "fun" post received a lot of negative feedback. This just once again shows that she'd rather engage in a good online verbal brawl than actually spread the word of God. 

I honestly think that's how she copes with not being able to argue with Ken anymore.  She just spends her time arguing with the internet instead.

She did post on facebook yesterday her thing on housework that went viral. And with such glee wrote:

The Transformed Wife

Yesterday at 11:41am · 

Let's try this again with no mistakes! :) The 34,000 comments on my viral post haven't changed my mind a bit!

Lori's post today (on enjoying beautiful things) doesn't suck. It is encouraging and doesn't say anything about feminism. 

I don't know how to deal with this.

17 minutes ago, molecule said:

Lori's post today (on enjoying beautiful things) doesn't suck. It is encouraging and doesn't say anything about feminism. 

I don't know how to deal with this.

Ah, the pod must've matured and her clone has emerged from it and taken over.

3 hours ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

Ah, the pod must've matured and her clone has emerged from it and taken over.

See, I immediately assume it's a guest post/stolen post with no name put on it.

Well she did say that women should "focus on your duties at home so you won’t be frightened by the things in our world. "  Cause I guess we're too emotional with all the feelz to deal with the world. 

And then of course she had to remind us that her youngest daughter just had a baby  " I was just talking to my youngest daughter yesterday. She has a three month old baby and is able to stay home full time. (bolding mine)

Yeah Lori we got it  -- your other daughter is childless -- Way to keep pointing it out.

But, But -- look at the bolded phrase.  Do my eyes deceive me or does it suggest that not all women are able to stay home? 

And Lori  --  just thought I'd mention it -- men like beautiful things too.

Isn't Cassie's husband a student? I usually don't count other people's money but, for Lori, I'll make an exception.  How is she "able to stay home," when her husband is a student?? That's what I've always loved about Ken and Lori; they've raised their kids to be financially independent and responsible. Heh. 

I don't know if I even believe that (about her being a sahm).  Just last week, Lori tried to lead a reader to believe that her other daughter gave up dancing to be a wife (a complete and total lie).  She could still be on maternity leave, and Lori's using that as an opportunity to call her a sahm.  She doesn't hesitate to lie to make her children fit the image she wants them to project.

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Isn't Cassie's husband a student? I usually don't count other people's money but, for Lori, I'll make an exception.  How is she "able to stay home," when her husband is a student?? That's what I've always loved about Ken and Lori; they've raised their kids to be financially independent and responsible. Heh. 

Is he a postgrad student? I don't know about in the US, but over here in certain fields you can get very generous stipends for postgrad study. Mr Alba and I lived off of his stipend for years; it was tight, but it was doable (FTR, I wasn't doing a Lori and refusing to get a job. I chose a non-vocational field of study pre-recession, graduated in the midst of it, and had that lovely cocktail of too much education and insufficient experience for minimum wage jobs and the wrong degree for graduate jobs).

After yesterday's post that didn't suck, we are back to Lori being Lori. Today's post is about how to use Lori's viral post to manipulate your husband into letting you stay home.

I really love how she continually throws in the "this wouldn't have happened a hundred years ago".  Lori, tell that to my (now deceased) grandmother who was born in 1905.  She worked in the fields next to her husband and sometimes without him because he was doing jobs in other places.  She didn't like to cook and her sisters and parents helped raise her children.  Without her getting out there and getting dirty, going to the market to sell, the entire family would have suffered.  

Women have been working for DECADES Lori.  And no, the "feminist agenda" didn't start with the Suffragettes, it started eons before across the globe.

24 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I really love how she continually throws in the "this wouldn't have happened a hundred years ago".  Lori, tell that to my (now deceased) grandmother who was born in 1905.  She worked in the fields next to her husband and sometimes without him because he was doing jobs in other places.  She didn't like to cook and her sisters and parents helped raise her children.  Without her getting out there and getting dirty, going to the market to sell, the entire family would have suffered.  

Women have been working for DECADES Lori.  And no, the "feminist agenda" didn't start with the Suffragettes, it started eons before across the globe.

Yeah, both my grandmother and great grandmother would die laughing to read Lori's comment. They worked their butts off both in the home AND outside the home, for years and years. Lori's knowledge of even the most basic history is nil.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Women have been working for DECADES millenia Lori.  And no, the "feminist agenda" didn't start with the Suffragettes, it started eons before across the globe.

FTFY

Wasn't it mostly women and children who worked in early 20th century factories? Like this hat factory in Philadelphia...
14f3eba1c92f4a728d6f8030cd19757d.jpg

Yup, because you could pay them less.

You know what's really screwed up about it? Women were paid less because of patriarchal beliefs that placed the responsibility for providing for a family on the men.

However, because of this, men were fired from jobs in factories and replaced with women and children. Then men, feeling emasculated because their wives and children were doing "their job", ended up depressed and often turned to drink. And neither their unemployment nor their resultant feelings of inadequacy would have happened if it weren't for the same underlying belief.

20 minutes ago, alba said:

And neither their unemployment nor their resultant feelings of inadequacy would have happened if it weren't for the same underlying belief.

Gotta keep the gender roles rollin'!  Many an afternoon I've changed engine parts or tightened down screws because my hands fit in places that the men's hands simply couldn't fit, not that they weren't capable...but I just happened to be the right tool for the job.  When it comes to putting the nice plates on the top shelf my extra tall husband does that.  It's called balance....that's what the world needs (IMHO).  

US history is never as simple as fundies make it out to be. They talk as though it was constantly one way then BAM!...the feminist changed it all. Every war has created labor storages. We have under gone several dramatic shifts in demographics. They want to wrap everything up into a simple package: end feminism, end all the problems. 

I think this would make the perfect gift from FJ to Lori. It's relevant in every single way! :Pimage.jpeg

Roots of feminism run deep into history, Lori, and we are all still around, and doing much better for it.

Lori is like a small child- everyone knows what she's up to, and she thinks she's being "discreet" about it. I am *really* getting tired of her trashing other women teachers/writers in order to drive people to her own blog/book.  It's just childish and tacky.

(Side note- the word "discreet" now makes me cringe)

Something I have noticed with female Bible teachers and writers who have no problem teaching men in a church or auditorium is their lack of teaching about the word sin, repentance, and judgment. 

Did you catch that?  I guess it's okay to teach them on a blog, just not on an auditorium or church.

And lest you think Lori doesn't teach men, let me assure you, she does.  I have seen her tell men the exact words to say to their wives.  I have seen her give men sex advice in the comment section (I can quote her if she and Ken care to deny it). Lori has many male readers, and we know it because they comment. 

Hell, her entire post yesterday was dedicated to the men who read her blog and use it to "transform" their wives.  How is that any different from women who have men in the auditorium?  It's not!

Are husbands “allowed” to use my posts to try and convict their wives about something I have written? Of course they are 

In fact, the entire tone of yesterday's post had a bent towards Lori directing the marriage.  A couple of the things she said highlight that fact, this in particular:

I have no problem with wives asking their husbands for help when they need it. 

Very simple, but also very telling.  She says "I have no problem" as if her rules are somehow important to her readers and she's giving them permission to ask their husbands for help.  Nothing about God or scripture, because it's Lori's approval they need.

But back to today's post:

Why am I teaching this on my little old blog when my purpose is to focus upon Titus 2:3-5 (which most of those female teachers and writers never cover)? 

"Little old blog"?  Seriously?  Lori reminds her readers almost daily about her post that went viral (to say nothing of the thousands millions of marriages she has saved).  Now it's a "little old blog"?  Please, Lori.  You want to be famous just like the women you are bitching about. That's why you're bitching about them.  It's jealousy.

Naturally, she mentions modesty...because?  Lord knows, because her family sure doesn't seem to know much about it.

Imagine how much stronger the Church today would be if instead of women teaching women theology in women Bible studies, older women taught them to love and obey their husbands, how to discipline and train their children, to be sober, good, modest, discreet, chaste, and keepers at home. Marriages would be stronger, children would have self-control and act respectfully, mothers and daughters would be modest...

It's so ironic that Lori shames other women and their daughters.  She shames the girls her son went to highschool with (posting their pictures for the whole world to see).  She shames the daughters of her "friends".  She shames the women Ken drools over at the beach.  She never mentions her own daughter though, who couldn't be called modest by anyone's standard.  She doesn't mention her low cut tops either.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Lori.

Lori complains about women leaving out sin and condemnation in their teaching, yet she has no problem leaving out love and grace in hers.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived