IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

so they basically been ingrained to hate.  Yet they hide to a degree - whip it out and show it and hide again

That is all of them to a tee. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Palimpsest, oh, no worries! I appreciate the clarification. What I originally meant was that to the average, casual Duggar viewer, who may be mainstream Christian and believes their wholesome family image, Jeremy seems more fundie-light than fundie. He seems more normal and palatable than some of the other fundie men out there. But, as we all know, he's just as steeped in kool-aid as the rest of them. I agree completely with you.

8 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

@Palimpsest, oh, no worries! I appreciate the clarification. What I originally meant was that to the average, casual Duggar viewer, who may be mainstream Christian and believes their wholesome family image, Jeremy seems more fundie-light than fundie. He seems more normal and palatable than some of the other fundie men out there. But, as we all know, he's just as steeped in kool-aid as the rest of them. I agree completely with you.

there is no way any normal person would think that Jeremy is normal 

8 minutes ago, nst said:

there is no way any normal person would think that Jeremy is normal 

I have cousins who followed 19KAC and now Counting On. You'd be surprised at people's willingness to ignore the red flags and refusal to educate themselves about the cult.

4 hours ago, tumblr said:

The wedding must be soon, someone commented on Ashley Slayers instagram saying that they would see her in Arkansas. 

Aaaand they're definitely trying to keep it a secret. Whoops. Screencap under spoiler because I couldn't make the image not huge.

Spoiler

image1.PNG

I wonder if all the wedding planning trips and San Antonio pictures were red herrings.

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

@srosieb827 BLM? bureau of land management? Oh yeah, black lives matter. Had to think about that for a minute. :my_biggrin:

I sometimes get a little mental whiplash going from the thread on the Bundy brothers' armed occupation of the wildlife refuge (Bureau of Land Management) to the Black Lives Matter thread or the Racial Discussion thread. FJ covers a lot of ground!

11 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

Aaaand they're definitely trying to keep it a secret. Whoops. Screencap under spoiler because I couldn't make the image not huge.

Hide contents

image1.PNG

I wonder if all the wedding planning trips and San Antonio pictures were red herrings.

Removed comment: irrelevant.

jeremy is like a pig with lipstick, but he does seem to make a point of not automatically laying down and following JBs rules. at least with what we see on the show. it does seem like he's only towing the line as much as he had to in order to keep his baaaaaaabe able to see him.

i still will always hold out hope for all of these kids, i know they'll never go the complete opposite way of their beliefs (and that's totally fine), but for them to not be so restricted in their lives with education, music/dancing/tv/movies, purposely limiting their family sizes if that is what they truly wish, being able to wear pants and tank tops and regular swim wear, having jobs... all without thinking they'll go to hell if they do these things.

Jeremy gives me a PP vibe. And I don't think Jinger is as strong as Zsu is to stand up to him. Hope I'm wrong. 

Jeremy actually reminds me a lot of a (gender queer) person I used to date in demeanor and both pushing back and going along with nuts parents.

I hope he's half as patient and kind as my person is/was.

Well if it's this weekend doesn't that mean that they're having a gasp - Halloween wedding !!?? Close to it anyway

6 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Well if it's this weekend doesn't that mean that they're having a gasp - Halloween wedding !!?? Close to it anyway

that would be perfect.  

They both are ghouls :D

7 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Jeremy gives me a PP vibe. And I don't think Jinger is as strong as Zsu is to stand up to him. Hope I'm wrong. 

he reminds you of pee 

I have to agree if it is that  - long and slow coming out 

Do you think that Jinge has a convo about well her martial duties with the married girl of the family? Anna, Jill Jessa and maybe Jchelle ? 

I don't see any reason to believe that Jeremy will somehow "rescue" Jinger or make her less fundie.  Jim Bob seems to be very good at picking malleable sons-in-law.  Look at Derick; he had a steady job independent of Jim Bob and now he's on the grifting train living in one of Jim Bob's houses.

It seems to me that Jeremy has completely bought into patriarchy and its assorted evils.  He has chosen to marry a much younger, emotionally immature, meek, poorly-educated and overly-sheltered young woman. How is Jinger possibly going to be able to fulfill the role of a pastor's wife?   Frankly, the size differential between the two also gives me pause.  This is not to say that he would be abusive, he just appears to completely dominate her in every way.  

I suppose I'm overly cynical but it wouldn't surprise me to find the two of them back in Arkansas within a year of the wedding.  

11 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

jeremy is like a pig with lipstick, but he does seem to make a point of not automatically laying down and following JBs rules. at least with what we see on the show. it does seem like he's only towing the line as much as he had to in order to keep his baaaaaaabe able to see him.

i still will always hold out hope for all of these kids, i know they'll never go the complete opposite way of their beliefs (and that's totally fine), but for them to not be so restricted in their lives with education, music/dancing/tv/movies, purposely limiting their family sizes if that is what they truly wish, being able to wear pants and tank tops and regular swim wear, having jobs... all without thinking they'll go to hell if they do these things.

I think all of those things will eventually come to fruition for most of the Duggars. They just need to grow up, mature and live life a bit. Plus, JB and M are getting older. There will come a time where Daddy won't seem like such a menacing creature. For God sake, Josh molested people and had affairs via a dating site (CASUAL SEX, PEOPLE) and he is still part of the family and has not fallen off the face of the Earth. If the girls decide to limit family size and wear pants like most other adult do, do ALL of them really believe those choices will damn them to hell forever? SERIOUSLY? What about Ben, Derick and Jeremy- I doubt they feel pants= life in hell.  Hell, Cathy and Jeremy's mom may as well cash it in- those pants wearing hussies.

Also, what about wearing pants and volunteering their time at a soup kitchen or some other worthy service venue?? Aren't selfless actions rewarded with sanctifying grace?

In God's eyes, does having 19 kids and raising none of them trump using NFP, having a reasonable number of children, and being an excellent parent?

This isn't faith, this is brain washing, plain and simple. People can be deprogrammed. I think most of these kids will be living in our world before long.

CHOICE matters. The kids need to figure out if all this BS is their choice, or JB's choice.

12 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Hide contents

image1.PNG

I'm thinking they weren't red herrings. One trip may have been for her dress. The San Antonio trip was possibly for pre-marriage counseling. If Jeremy's dad is marrying them, then it would make sense that he was there at the time. Lots of stuff could have been done or planned during these trips, while still having the wedding ultimately happen in Arkansas.

Personally, I think they're marrying in Arkansas. In their culture the Bride's family pays, which usually means they get a great deal of say in how the wedding turns out. If they do marry in Texas, then it's probably San Antonio - someone pointed out that his home Church is there (or the Church that his congregation spun off from or something.)

On 10/20/2016 at 8:34 PM, SassyPants said:

You go, girl. I think it's so interesting how everyone's body is so different. I had no issues at all with my first until I was 43 weeks PG and nothing was happening. A failed induction and fetal distress bought me a c-section for a baby that was a posterior lay. I had the surgery at midnight, after about 28 hours of labor, and was up walking by 8AM. With the second, again, no labor @ 42 weeks and off I went for a repeat section. He was born at 2PM and I was up walking at 6PM. I never had any post op pain or medications at all. Everything was easy as compared to that 20+ hours of back labor and Pitocin.

Am I the only PG woman on Earth who never had a natural contraction? Not one, ever!

I swear to BOB if not for c-sections, I'd still be PG nearly 30 years later.

this is AMAZING to me. And what a claim to fame :D

do you not get cramps at that time of the month either?

the fact that any adult male, would agree to complete a 25 page questionnaire  makes it very obvious to me that these men view these marriages as a business arrangement as much or more than they do a romantic and loving relationship.  This is not behavior that normal adults participate in.  Ben I will give a pass to because he was so young and didn't know any better, but Derick and Jeremy have no excuse.  They have life experience to some degree.  They probably have had other dating and likely sexual relationships.   So the fact that they are willing to do that, along with negotiating with JimBob for his daughters' futures shows they entered this with an eye towards furthering their own interests. 

And the fact that women who are 23-27 give interviews about how their dad interviews and demands written answers from their prospective mates, shows that they have absolutely no sense of themselves as individuals capable of making any relevant decisions over their own lives.  They don't even understand that it is not normal for a 25 year old woman to have to have her dad's permission to date someone.  They just accept this as factual.  They have no purchase over their own lives.

I get that dads and brothers can feel protective towards their daughters.  That is normal.  And moms and sisters feel that way towards their sons and brothers.  But JB actually behaves as if he owns his children.  They are prevented from being able to make competent decisions for anything.  It is disturbing and depressing to see a group of adults in their 20's just accept this.    Perhaps Jana has the right idea,  just wait it out until she is old enough that even to JB it will seem ridiculous to run the show, or until he and Michelle are too addled to care any longer.  Perhaps exercising her right to stay single is actually a revolutionary way to live life as a duggar Female? 

As to the growing crop of adult and single boys?  Well it seems as if we are looking at the Arndt family v.2.  I don't see any of those boys having much of anything to offer, or getting married too soon.  They don't even hold on to their whatever they have in the way of looks into adulthood.  They might have some basic skills in mechanics or construction but they have been raised on Duggar time, and the idea that they should never work for someone else, so it seems unlikely they could find or keep employment.

37 minutes ago, friendofgreen said:

this is AMAZING to me. And what a claim to fame :D

do you not get cramps at that time of the month either?

I am post menopausal, so no-LOL.

I did have a very rough peri-menopause stage, but prior to that, nope, I was cramp free.

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I did have a very rough peri-menopause stage, but prior to that, nope, I was cramp free.

DAYUM

i bow to you

I always get the worst cramps so I take the seasonique (where you get it only every 3 months) but i even skip those b/c F that noise  

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I am not looking forward to the italized 

39 minutes ago, Scribber said:

What are the odds their weekend "getaway" is code for Jingers wedding?

either way they are lying because they claimed to celebrate Joy's brithday earlier in the day.....

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

For God sake, Josh molested people and had affairs via a dating site (CASUAL SEX, PEOPLE) and he is still part of the family and has not fallen off the face of the Earth. If the girls decide to limit family size and wear pants like most other adult do, do ALL of them really believe those choices will damn them to hell forever? SERIOUSLY? What about Ben, Derick and Jeremy- I doubt they feel pants= life in hell.  Hell, Cathy and Jeremy's mom may as well cash it in- those pants wearing hussies.

But @SassyPants, Josh is a man. Don't you remember, men are all uncontrollable sex-fiends? That's why we women have to cover up our dirty pillows and our scandalous thighs, so we don't defraud them. And besides, Josh repented and Jeebus forgave him, so everything's okay :pb_rollseyes:

But yeah, I doubt if they decide to wear pants, Jimboob and Ofboob will completely disown their daughters. I'm sure there will be plenty of passive-aggressiveness, holier-than-thou attitudes (from Jessa, mostly), and possibly phasing them out from the show, like they did with Amy.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived