IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

13 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

I think the color looks nice on her.  At least it's not green.

I'm hoping the green shirt is long gone. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

I'm 5'11"...

You have no idea how much it drives me crazy that all women of a certain age sort of crouch in group pictures now. I'm like, "Bitch, that's my move!"

I'll stand up tall with you, sister! :)

jana is not overweight by any means, but she looks super petite in that picture.

it's nice to see them with their hair up. in the recent years they've been spotted more and more with their hair up, and boys in shorts. it's nice to see them not being so restrictive with their appearances.

Is there a picture with their hair up?  The one I saw they just had it pulled back from their face, but likely because it looked windy.  But the hair was still down, not pulled up. 

I would love to see them all mix it up with their hair.  Yes, it is a superficial issue, but while they do have pretty hair, when it isn't overly fried from too much product or heat,  I think they would all look cute with some more variation.   Updos, Braids, maybe even long layers for more movement.  A long bob would be cute on some of them too. 

I have long hair, so I am not bashing long hair.  And I know from experience, there is a sweet spot in length, where it is long enough that you can do a ton with it.  But there is also a point at which it is just too long to anything with it.  I look at Joy's long thick hair, which is really lovely.  But, if she tried to wear it up,  it would be so heavy on her head, it wouldn't be comfortable.  Jana would look great in some fun updo's and chignons.  I think Jinger would look cute in a short style that takes advantage of her natural curl.  And Jessa's hair is about 6 inches too long.  Jill's hair is too long too.  Her hair seems thicker and more coarse than Jessa's.  I think she would look cute with  shorter style such as shoulder length. 

When we were dating my now husband used to take pictures of red solo cups he saw in unusual places. As I lived on a downtown college campus, we found many great photographic opportunities. My personal favorite was a half-filled cup balanced on the door handle of an external fire door. That song gives me blurry flashbacks of college life, kinda feeling pukey now honestly:8U:

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

jana is not overweight by any means, but she looks super petite in that picture.

it's nice to see them with their hair up. in the recent years they've been spotted more and more with their hair up, and boys in shorts. it's nice to see them not being so restrictive with their appearances.

In that pic she's the same height as her mom, and it's been said that she's what, 5'1-5'2! It's funny how Jana got Michelle's height as the rest of the her sisters, maybe except for Joy, are way taller than her. 

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

Is there a picture with their hair up?  The one I saw they just had it pulled back from their face, but likely because it looked windy.  But the hair was still down, not pulled up. 

I would love to see them all mix it up with their hair.  Yes, it is a superficial issue, but while they do have pretty hair, when it isn't overly fried from too much product or heat,  I think they would all look cute with some more variation.   Updos, Braids, maybe even long layers for more movement.  A long bob would be cute on some of them too. 

I have long hair, so I am not bashing long hair.  And I know from experience, there is a sweet spot in length, where it is long enough that you can do a ton with it.  But there is also a point at which it is just too long to anything with it.  I look at Joy's long thick hair, which is really lovely.  But, if she tried to wear it up,  it would be so heavy on her head, it wouldn't be comfortable.  Jana would look great in some fun updo's and chignons.  I think Jinger would look cute in a short style that takes advantage of her natural curl.  And Jessa's hair is about 6 inches too long.  Jill's hair is too long too.  Her hair seems thicker and more coarse than Jessa's.  I think she would look cute with  shorter style such as shoulder length. 

Unfortunately, and I'm talking from years of experience here, if you've got thick hair like Joy's that sweet spot and the 'too long' spot are pretty much the same. By the time my hair is long enough to do anything with it, it's long enough that I can wash it at 6am and it's still damp when I go to bed :pb_lol: I love my hair long, but every so often I chop it up to shoulder length because I'm fed up of dealing with it.

If they really love wearing their hair long and loose every day, more power to them (as long as they wear it up to cook. Ew.), but I find it hard to believe that all five women have never wanted any style other than long and that all five women favour wearing their hair loose rather than up. In reality, as we all know, any semblance of choice is subsumed by the Duggar Borg, and, frankly, it sucks big time that a bloke with a helmet do is telling them to keep hair that takes all day to dry, that they have to braid for bed, that pulls and tugs if they get it caught in a strap, that's dreadfully hot in the summer and must be blowdried to bone dry in the winter, and they never even have the chance to try out a pixie and see if they like it better.

agreed with the above.

i would love to see jessa with something like this. it's short, but long enough to be flattering with her face shape.
Medium-Length-Wavy-Hairstyle-Best-Hair-C

one thing though, i wish their hair on their wedding days were changed up a little, so they'd look more put together.
just imagine jinger with this:
c9d3cb53d3d7159e550b003d486e06c6.jpg

@calimojoJill's Instagram has recently had several pictures of her recently with her hair pulled up, braided, or pulled partly back.

IMG_3628.PNGIMG_3627.PNGIMG_3626.PNGIMG_3625.PNGIMG_3624.PNG

(Last one isn't so recent, but still from this year)

I think it's likely because:

1. In at least one picture she was at a birth and needed her hair contained.

2. Her son is an active and rambunctious toddler now and it's likely easier to toss her hair up or braid it then try to style it.

3. I agree with another poster. I get the feeling that Jill doesn't really care much about styling her hair or wearing makeup on a regular basis. If Derick doesn't really care either than that could be why there seems to have been a shift in her appearance pre and post marriage. If she's comfortable and happy that's what counts.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

@calimojoJill's Instagram has recently had several pictures of her recently with her hair pulled up, braided, or pulled partly back.

IMG_3628.PNGIMG_3627.PNGIMG_3626.PNGIMG_3625.PNGIMG_3624.PNG

(Last one isn't so recent, but still from this year)

I think it's likely because:

1. In at least one picture she was at a birth and needed her hair contained.

2. Her son is an active and rambunctious toddler now and it's likely easier to toss her hair up or braid it then try to style it.

3. I agree with another poster. I get the feeling that Jill doesn't really care much about styling her hair or wearing makeup on a regular basis. If Derick doesn't really care either than that could be why there seems to have been a shift in her appearance pre and post marriage. If she's comfortable and happy that's what counts.

Recall Derrick saying they would go days with out running water. Not much else you can do but put it up. 

32 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Recall Derrick saying they would go days with out running water. Not much else you can do but put it up. 

I forgot about that.  No a/c+no running water for days = not pregnant!

59 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I forgot about that.  No a/c+no running water for days = not pregnant!

Haha - who needs birth control?!

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

IMG_3628.PNG

OK what exactly is spaghetti pie?

Is it lasagna?

Is it a pasta bake?

someone needs to clue me in ;) 

I've had long hair for a really long time now and I spend a fair amount of my time wanting to chop it all of because I can't do anything with it but knowing that I will mourn it when it's gone. Most of my friends have fairly long hair too and we have days where we say "I am going to shave my head!" So I imagine that the Duggar girls do get sick of it. It would be interesting to see them switch it up. Although people might say the same thing for me. :P 

46 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

Is it lasagna?

Is it a pasta bake?

I'm not sure. In the picture Jill shared it looked almost like a cross between a pie and baked ziti - just with spaghetti. If done right it sounds like it could be kind of tasty to be honest. Cathy mentioned in the comments that it's a Dillard family favorite and the recipe is on their website somewhere.

49 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

Is it lasagna?

Is it a pasta bake?

It's literally cooked pasta tossed with sauce and cheese in a pan, normally an egg thrown in too, and baked. 

3 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Is it lasagna?

Is it a pasta bake?

Spaghetti Pie is a spaghetti pasta mixture with an egg and some spices (can't remember right now) put in a pie plate like a crust, then there is a meat mixture with some other things put into the "crust" and then topped with a cheese and baked. It comes out like pie slices and really is pretty good. My recipe is over 30 years old. I can see it being a favorite, much easier than making true homemade lasagna. 

53 minutes ago, sansan said:

Spaghetti Pie is a spaghetti pasta mixture with an egg and some spices (can't remember right now) put in a pie plate like a crust, then there is a meat mixture with some other things put into the "crust" and then topped with a cheese and baked. It comes out like pie slices and really is pretty good. My recipe is over 30 years old. I can see it being a favorite, much easier than making true homemade lasagna. 

Om nom nom. I need to try this.

On the hair front: I used to have long, naturally curly hair. It was a nightmare to maintain. Hairdresser visits were not fun. When I was 15 I got it cut to shoulder length. It is so much easier to deal with now. It's still really thick and curly, but much easier to cope with brushing and washing wise and I don't mind the hairdressers anymore. 

Interestingly, Josie's hair doesn't seem to have grown for years. I don't know if they deliberately keep it short because it's so crazy curly- but then they were OK with Gothardite crunchy curls. Likewise Bethany and Christina Maxwell have pretty much always had bobs and never anything longer. There was a period when Abigail had a bob but she's grown it out now and don't know if she'll get it cut short again; Melanie has always had a bob whereas NR Anna and Elissa both have longish hair.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but the spaghetti pie thing is making my Italian self cringe. It sounds horrible, but for full disclosure, I used to say the same about peanut butter, Alfredo sauce, and deep dish Chicago-style pizza the first time I tried them when I moved to the USA years ago, and now...YUM YUM YUM to all of them!

So maybe I need to try before I diss ;) 

In defense of hair that is longer than society deems attractive/flattering:

I think having hair you enjoy is better than having hair that others deem the perfect length or shape for your face. I have had every hair style and color there is, but I love my long hair the most. It took me years to grow it out, and caring for it is something I love. I often don't have any time, but I don't mind letting it air dry and throwing it in a bun (or braid or twist) for work most days. Yes, knots happen, but I just manage those when I have time. It's time consuming, but manageable. It's also enjoyable.

I hope the Duggar sisters have quite long hair because they like it. They could obviously trim a few inches and still the Quiverful-acceptable.

Some of us just love the feeling of long hair sweeping across our skin or keeping us warm in winter. It can also be a security blanket. And you actually CAN do tons of different hairstyles with long hair. I experiment a lot with hairstyles, but that's often just at home, so no one would even know. None of the Duggar girls-- except Joy-- seem to have SUPER thick hair. My hair is about the length of several of the sisters', but it's on the fine side, so it's never TOO heavy to wear up. 

Aren't there things about you that would look more flattering to others if you changed them, but you don't care because you have your own opinions? (Wearing high heels, having all your clothes nip in at the waist, wearing full, if tasteful and subdued, makeup every day, exercising and dieting down to a perfect weight, etc.?) I'm actually thankful for variety and I think I would like the Duggars even less if they all have perfectly cut and coiffed hair, etc. They even have some variety among their hairstyles, if you can look past the fact that they all have past-the-shoulders hair. 

2 hours ago, luxfilia said:

In defense of hair that is longer than society deems attractive/flattering:

I think having hair you enjoy is better than having hair that others deem the perfect length or shape for your face. I have had every hair style and color there is, but I love my long hair the most. It took me years to grow it out, and caring for it is something I love. I often don't have any time, but I don't mind letting it air dry and throwing it in a bun (or braid or twist) for work most days. Yes, knots happen, but I just manage those when I have time. It's time consuming, but manageable. It's also enjoyable.

I hope the Duggar sisters have quite long hair because they like it. They could obviously trim a few inches and still the Quiverful-acceptable.

Some of us just love the feeling of long hair sweeping across our skin or keeping us warm in winter. It can also be a security blanket. And you actually CAN do tons of different hairstyles with long hair. I experiment a lot with hairstyles, but that's often just at home, so no one would even know. None of the Duggar girls-- except Joy-- seem to have SUPER thick hair. My hair is about the length of several of the sisters', but it's on the fine side, so it's never TOO heavy to wear up. 

Aren't there things about you that would look more flattering to others if you changed them, but you don't care because you have your own opinions? (Wearing high heels, having all your clothes nip in at the waist, wearing full, if tasteful and subdued, makeup every day, exercising and dieting down to a perfect weight, etc.?) I'm actually thankful for variety and I think I would like the Duggars even less if they all have perfectly cut and coiffed hair, etc. They even have some variety among their hairstyles, if you can look past the fact that they all have past-the-shoulders hair. 

I would agree, but they've said in episodes before that their dad likes long hair, hence why they have it. :/ EWWW.

@luxfilia I suspect Jill and Jessa really do love having long hair, as they both have hair well beyond the Gothard-approved minimum length (which looks to me to be somewhere around bra-strap length or mid-back). Jana, on the other hand, has kept her hair at the shorter end of the spectrum for years, which might just be the length she prefers, but it suggests to me that she'd be happy to cut it if she could.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived