IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Oh and I was not suggesting you subscribe to the logic of 'more suffering makes you more of a woman'. It is a train of thought I often hear that can make people with highly medicated births/ adoptions/ planned C sections and so on feel they have not struggled enough.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. It certainly isn't the pain I am sad to miss :) Just the whole experience of a regular birth that lots of women have. 

18 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I keep checking this thread hoping there was a super secret wedding today. I need a parking lot reception to snark on, stat! 

Honestly, if there's not a parking lot reception I would be shocked. It is not today, however, so we will have to wait and see. 

I felt really disconnected during my c-section and then not having my baby with me right after birth. I do wish I could have experienced 'natural childbirth' but I have a narrow pelvis and  ain't no babies coming outta there. I think it's perfectly valid to want to experience birth a certain way as long as you accept when it's time to let that desire go. (I'm thinking of Jill here.) I have a friend who preferred a c-section over vaginal after having one of each. She had an episiotomy with number one and felt the healing from that was worse than the surgical scar. It's very much a one-size-does-NOT-fit-all experience. 

10 hours ago, missegeno said:

I don't have a problem with "we're expecting " because that statement is true for the family. "We're pregnant" grates my nerves because those words mean both parties are growing babies inside, which is almost never what people mean by it.

I am happy to hear your husband is such a great help. But he's expecting a baby, not pregnant with one, per my opinion. Perhaps others consider the terms to be more synonymous.

I always said I'm pregnant &  we're expecting, because  we both wanted and were active participants in the making of the forthcoming child  

6 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Guess the wedding wasn't today

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 5.42.31 PM.png

Manbun is wearing his flip flops.... My broken toes hurt just looking at this. 

2 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

I felt really disconnected during my c-section and then not having my baby with me right after birth. I do wish I could have experienced 'natural childbirth' but I have a narrow pelvis and  ain't no babies coming outta there. I think it's perfectly valid to want to experience birth a certain way as long as you accept when it's time to let that desire go. (I'm thinking of Jill here.) I have a friend who preferred a c-section over vaginal after having one of each. She had an episiotomy with number one and felt the healing from that was worse than the surgical scar. It's very much a one-size-does-NOT-fit-all experience. 

You are very right. Had vaginal births every time, but at least two of them I would not wish on my worst enemies (except perhaps on Trump so his imagined respect for women can be replaced by some real respect). 

As for the feeling of disconnection, I had that after the birth of my second, even though it was vaginal. I was in so much pain and so exhausted that I had no interest in the baby for the first day or so. And although I felt guilty at first, I had plenty of time to catch up on affection later.

Personally I came to see birthing not so much as an accomplishment, but as a sacrifice we make for the life of our child. Not something you can 'fail' at. More something that happens to you and you make the best of it. 

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

Manbun is wearing his flip flops.... My broken toes hurt just looking at this. 

Derick also posted a picture from Lawrence, KS, where he atteneded the OSU/Kansas game with his brother as part of his bachelor party. Miss Cathy visited Jill. So no, no wedding today. 

About birthing babies...we all do what we have to do to get our babies here. C-section, vaginal birth, some combination of the two, babies being born early, babies refusing to come out until evicted...I think we all do what we think is best. 

We've all done the best we could. Remember, the object is healthy baby, healthy mama...it's not a contest!

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Looks like it was Dan's Bachelor party today:

IMG_3549.PNG

Seems like they had a good time.

Definitely not the only one. :pb_lol:

The fuck is a sibling brother? As opposed to what? Is that another regional thing I'm not aware of or...? :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

The fuck is a sibling brother? As opposed to what? Is that another regional thing I'm not aware of or...? :pb_lol:

Perhaps as opposed to a 'brother in Christ'...? I can't think why else you'd say 'sibling brother'.

48 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

Sibling brother is one of the oddest phrases I've ever heard.  WTF?

I've never heard the phrase before. Sibling, yes. Brother, yes. Both? Nope never. 

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

As opposed to 'Brother from another Mother'? :pb_lol:

Sibling brother as in not brother in law or a brother from another mother. Should have just said my brother from the same mother or something. Weird. So what we have learned...trying to be cool and failed? 

I think there is supposed to be a period between sibling and brother.  Or maybe I should say I HOPE

I'm chalking it up to a typo. Maybe if we go on his IG and it's fixed, we'll know someone in his circle reads FJ...

17 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Guess the wedding wasn't today

Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 5.42.31 PM.png

The game does look like a lot of fun but it drives me CRAZY that it's only the men playing...

Let me guess - the wimmenfolk are in the kitchen whipping up some hot food for the men. I wonder how many of them are pregnant and barefoot?

So glad there wasn't a wedding yesterday, it was my anniversary and I spent the day indulging in chocolate and horror movies. 

11 minutes ago, bingbangboom said:

So glad there wasn't a wedding yesterday, it was my anniversary and I spent the day indulging in chocolate and horror movies. 

Happy anniversary! :) 

3 hours ago, wandering woman said:

Sibling brother is one of the oddest phrases I've ever heard.  WTF?

Maybe he had a Bud Light for the first time in 4 years and got fundie wasted

2 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

Maybe he had a Bud Light for the first time in 4 years and got fundie wasted

Fundie wasted! :pb_lol:. Probably had a sip of said bud light. 

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Fundie wasted! :pb_lol:. Probably had a sip of said bud light. 

Yeah I almost said that....maybe grabbed one of the other guys' cups by accident or he took a sip for a cheers to the groom

1 minute ago, BadMurphy said:

Yeah I almost said that....maybe grabbed one of the other guys' cups by accident or he took a sip for a cheers to the groom

Hahah probably! I hope that they did have a very good time. It looks like they did :) 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived