IGNORED

BOOK REVIEW: "The Power of a Transformed Wife"

1 hour ago, Colby said:

This really upset me today.  She told me that I was wrong.  Not "I don't agree with you, or this is perhaps why I think the way I do, but YOU ARE WRONG"  Oh, btw, the part she deleted from my comments was me expressing that I didn't think that the internet comment was a troll, but just a person who didn't agree with Lori.  I wish I had saved what I wrote before she "modified" it, but I didn't.

Wrong.png

Colby,  I saw your full comment before it was deleted. I thought it was quite reasonable and courteous.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I can't see comments on the blog anymore, but seriously, to edit comments are the worst! Then it's better to delete them all together instead of twisting and turning them into something the commenter didn't write.

have all men everywhere ask permission before making any affectionate or sexual advances?

“Hey, Lori, do you mind if I kiss you now?

“I like the feel of your warmth on my shoulder, can we hug now?”

“Would you mind if we went a bit further?”

Actually, this is exactly how it should be with both men AND women. Heck, I ask my kids -- "May I kiss you goodnight?" And if they say no, I respect that. And they also ask me if they can give me a kiss or hug. Crazy, I tell you, respecting other people's bodily autonomy.

They knew all about modesty and keeping the marriage bed pure which includes before marriage. I was not brought up with this stronger coaching, so I had to say “No” to most of the guys I dated.

Is Lori unconsciously leaking some very interesting information here??? Or is she, in her typically ignorant Lori-like fashion, just blathering on without a thought as to how her words are actually coming across? Just for fun, I'm going to assume the former. 

"The Transformed Wife All of the true reviews of my book with "verified purchase" have all given me 5 stars! Praise the Lord!"

Only reviews that give her 5 stars are true. Just WOW! She left a comment on amazon to Trey saying thank you for the honest review. Of course if you didn't like the book, it is dishonest. 

Uscmom needs to knock her off her pedestal and give the first negative verified purchase review. She is only counting the 5 positive verified reviews. The others never happened. 

55 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

<snip>

Uscmom needs to knock her off her pedestal and give the first negative verified purchase review. She is only counting the 5 positive verified reviews. The others never happened. 

I just submitted my verified purchase review. Waiting for it to get approved. @usmcmom has read the book much more carefully than myself (if you compare our reviews on here) but I did read it and the book isn't good, on many levels.

Update- my review is now published on amazon

16 hours ago, Colby said:

This really upset me today.  She told me that I was wrong.  Not "I don't agree with you, or this is perhaps why I think the way I do, but YOU ARE WRONG"  Oh, btw, the part she deleted from my comments was me expressing that I didn't think that the internet comment was a troll, but just a person who didn't agree with Lori.  I wish I had saved what I wrote before she "modified" it, but I didn't.

Wrong.png

I'm so sorry that you were hurt by this. I really don't understand why Lori thinks it's ok to edit comments other than her own. The reason she gave you seemed very dismissive and hurtful, especially in the casual she brushed off your opinion as 'wrong' - she could have left your comment intact and just ignored the bit she didn't like. Ugh. 

Surely, at some point, this is going to backfire? Bloggers/writers need an audience in order to be successful; Lori doesn't seem to be displaying much gratitude to/for her readers. I'm surprised that readers/commenters keep going back to Lori's sites despite the way they're treated. From the little I know about marketing, I believe it's easier to retain readers than to find new ones, and I suspect that Lori may run out of audience in the not-too-distant future.

I wonder if Lori has thought about marketing/PR, and whether she realises that her compulsion to respond to perceived sights is causing problems?

5 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

<snipped> I'm surprised that readers/commenters keep going back to Lori's sites despite the way they're treated. <snipped>

I am beginning to believe that the audience that is in love with Lori are abused in some fashion. Lori doles out abusive advice and I think people that are either abusive (cabinet man) or are abused are the ones drinking it up. They need validation that what they are doing is ok and Lori gives them that validation.

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

"The Transformed Wife All of the true reviews of my book with "verified purchase" have all given me 5 stars! Praise the Lord!"

Only reviews that give her 5 stars are true. Just WOW! She left a comment on amazon to Trey saying thank you for the honest review. Of course if you didn't like the book, it is dishonest. 

I do hope to leave a detailed review. Right now I am trying to decide which issues are most important for me to cover on Amazon. I know what tops my list now but will not mention it here as I don't want to leave any bread crumbs for Ken and Lori. 

Speaking of reviewing; yesterday I sat down to read the book in totality rather than chapter by chapter, writing each review as I went. I decided to get through the whole book and then come back and pick up the reviews after reading the final page. I will likely finish the book today; hopefully reviewing a couple chapters by tomorrow. 

I will say this; in reading the book as a whole, I can see where a conservative woman seeking a submissive marriage would find it a good resource. HOWEVER, that's only if one reads it with absolutely no knowledge of her blog. There are many contradictions in the book when comparing it to the posts and photos from her blog. The hypocrisy is so astounding that I find that my jaw is clenched and my whole face feels tight as I read it. Also, I find myself doubting that Lori actually wrote much of the book. Some of it (not all, of course), content notwithstanding, is simply written too well and too coherently to be Lori's work. I suspect Ken wrote the chapter on finances. 

On 10/24/2016 at 10:15 AM, Koala said:

Lori and Ken have always lived together in a very normal Christian family and marriage.

What the hell does that even mean?

It's from a few pages back, but all I  could think of when I read this was "Mr and Mrs Dursley of Number 4, Privet Drive were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." :pb_lol:

New to Lori btw -- about how old is she? 50s?

16 minutes ago, Argounova said:

It's from a few pages back, but all I  could think of when I read this was "Mr and Mrs Dursley of Number 4, Privet Drive were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." :pb_lol:

New to Lori btw -- about how old is she? 50s?

If she's been married 35+ years, I'd guess she's at least in her late 50s or early 60s. 

15 minutes ago, polecat said:

If she's been married 35+ years, I'd guess she's at least in her late 50s or early 60s. 

I think she's almost exactly my age, which is 58. I may be a few months older. Ooh, does that mean that as an older woman, I can 'teach' Lori? :my_biggrin:

Are there women in your life who you know need the message of Titus 2:3-5? If there are, can you be bold enough to give them this book for Christmas, bridal showers, or even for a wedding gift?

Lori goes on to say that she gave the book as a wedding gift last weekend.  You know the couple...remember, the Godly Mentor took pictures and gossiped about them online.  I am sure they are really "blessed" by her gossip gift. 

Just to make sure I have this straight-  Women should cultivate a meek and quiet spirit, except when it comes to Lori's book- then they should be bold.  Lori needs to sell those books, you know.

*side note* we should have kept a tally of how many times Lori mentions her post going viral.  She quotes a reviewer:

I have such high hopes for this book, and believe God was in on your post becoming viral.

Honey, if there's a God, he I doubt he has time to worry about whether Lori Alexander's book goes viral.  Starving children and all that...

8 hours ago, polecat said:
  Quote (From Lori)

They knew all about modesty and keeping the marriage bed pure which includes before marriage. I was not brought up with this stronger coaching, so I had to say “No” to most of the guys I dated."

8 hours ago, polecat said:

Is Lori unconsciously leaking some very interesting information here??? Or is she, in her typically ignorant Lori-like fashion, just blathering on without a thought as to how her words are actually coming across? Just for fun, I'm going to assume the former. 

Lori mentioned she and her sisters were "technically" virgins when they married.  Maybe Lori was one of those girls who did everything but...

7 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I just submitted my verified purchase review. Waiting for it to get approved. @usmcmom has read the book much more carefully than myself (if you compare our reviews on here) but I did read it and the book isn't good, on many levels.

Update- my review is now published on amazon

I think you did a good job on your review! It was thorough, and you had a lot of quotes. I wonder what she has to say now that there's a negative verified purchase...

47 minutes ago, wikinggirl said:

I think you did a good job on your review! It was thorough, and you had a lot of quotes. I wonder what she has to say now that there's a negative verified purchase...

Thank you.

Maybe I will be the next blog post!!!!!

@quiversR4huntingI just popped over to Amazon to read your review, and I agree with everything @wikinggirl said. You were clear, articulate, and covered the issues you had with the writing structure, not just the content. the teacher side of me cringes a lot when reading her blog, so kudos to you for getting through the book, as it seems to be written in the same manner! 

ETA: spelling mistake

This is gold.  

Lori:

young women who claim to be Christians must stop wearing the skimpy thong bathing suits in front of the young men or a bra-less dress or shirt that the guys can look right down into and see everything, then wonder why the guys are making unwanted sexual advances. Entrapment is illegal for police and it should be illegal for women too.

Reader:

“Entrapment is illegal for police and it should be illegal for women too.” Wait, what? I’m tired and ill so I could easily be misunderstanding you, but does this mean you want the government dictating what kind of clothes women should wear? That’s a dangerous amount of power for any institution to have, but especially one so blatantly corrupt.

Well, she said it should be illegal, and someone has to enforce laws.  Makes sense, right?

Lori:

I gave no hint that I wanted the government to legally curtail how women dress. 

That's right!  She's doesn't want the government deciding how women can dress.  She just wants certain clothes to be illegal.  What would make you think that she would want the gov. involved??  That's crazy talk.

Ya know; I can see what Lori means about the thong bathing suits and how they make men stare. I decided to wear my thong bikini on the Amtrak on Sunday and men were tripping over their luggage and bumping into walls. Their wives were giving me nasty looks and punching their husbands in the arm. It was kind of a circus. :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol: I swear one woman called me The Whore of Babylon!!  

But seriosuly, do women in her neighborhood wear nothing but thongs? She talks about them as though that is ALL California women wear, which brings up another point. Lori has often advised women to move if they are in an area where the women dress poorly, they cannot buy fresh produce, or housing is too expensive. If Lori is so offended by these bathing suits and Ken is so incapable of controlling himself, they should move....to save their souls. They could be Cabinet Man's neighbor in Alaska!!  Something tells me, though, that Ken would have a wandering eye even if women were in snow suits. 

Just a thought..maybe we need a post count title that includes "verified purchase" in it. Or even "Never read the book; gave it one star." 

1 minute ago, usmcmom said:

Ya know; I can see what Lori means about the thong bathing suits and how they make men stare. I decided to wear my thong bikini on the Amtrak on Sunday and men were tripping over their luggage and bumping into walls. Their wives were giving me nasty looks and punching their husbands in the arm. It was kind of a circus. :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol: I swear one woman called me The Whore of Babylon!!  

But seriosuly, do women in her neighborhood wear nothing but thongs? She talks about them as though that is ALL California women wear, which brings up another point. Lori has often advised women to move if they are in an area where the women dress poorly, they cannot buy fresh produce, or housing is too expensive. If Lori is so offended by these bathing suits and Ken is so incapable of controlling himself, they should move....to save their souls. They could be Cabinet Man's neighbor in Alaska!!  Something tells me, though, that Ken would have a wandering eye even if women were in snow suits. 

Just a thought..maybe we need a post count title that includes "verified purchase" in it. Or even "Never read the book; gave it one star." 

I love it! Or even for the next thread title would be good.

Biiibblically illegal. *gah* it's like y'all don't even listen!

Sarcasm! (Please don't spank me with a flat back hairbrush while I pick up riasans)

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Hmmmmm, Lori, you wanna move to Canada? Well, okay, border crossing is too much work. How about North Dakota? The climate is pretty much the same as where I am. I was just shopping for a new bathing suit, and, surprise surprise, no thongs! Though, okay, it WAS a clearance sale, lol. Some tops were too low-down, and some had straps that don't stay, but the bottoms, no thongs. But it may be harder to buy fresh produce all year round. As for housing costs, that's different everywhere.

(singing) Poor unfortunate Lori...........

Yesterday there were comments on the latest review. 2 of them have now been deleted by the author of the comments. The comments were made by the lady that got a blog post about the "near rape". I really hope she isn't getting harassed by Lori "is a monster" Alexander or her followers.

A poster on Lori's blog is now encouraging Lori to legally go after at least one of her posters – Mary Ann, who left one of the Amazon reviews mentioned above – for libel and slander. She also apparently has her real name and offers to send it to Lori, an offer Lori happily accepts. 

Interesting Lori, it’s amazing to me (much in the way it is for your editor probably) how awful these trolls are in slandering you. I’ve read about cases where it was possible for lawyers to find out who these people are, and go after them with a lawsuit. I’ve even heard of public figures being able to get the troll fired from their job for their “extracurricular activities,” and expose them to their community. It sounds harsh, but it’s actually good and needed for them to stop living a double life where they try to ruin innocent people’s reputations online secretly, while being the nice, Christian, homeschooling mom with 6 kids that teaches at women at church at the same time.

If these women’s husbands, children, and family, in-laws, employers, church members, pastors knew what they were doing with their free-time, it would bring down good consequences on them that may help them change in the longrun. God disciplines those He loves, and sometimes that comes in the form of earthly judgment/consequences for their sin.

If it gets worse, you may want to contact a good lawyer. I know one of your review trolls I actually recognized – she has commented before around the internet and is a professing devout Christian woman. She’s emailed me before using her real name, from which I was able to find all online her address, church, pastor, and even photos of her white van and house!! Nutty and scary that they believe they’re so anonymous, but leave all this info out while they go around lashing out at others!

Anyway, I wonder when it truly becomes “libel” instead of just “slander?” You may want to look into it if it gets worse.

The reviewer I recognized due to her internet footprint, is “Mary Ann” (not her real name). If you need her real information and would like to report her as an official internet troll committing libel I can email you all her information.

God was never against this kind of justice, in fact He frequently warns His people to be aware that they will have earthly consequences for mocking and insulting and especially slandering others. The Bible says I think in a few places that what is done in secret will always come to the light (much to the perpetrator’s misery and demise!). What someone intends to be hidden will come back to haunt them.

Oh my I just saw that this same person “Mary Ann” is continuing to slander you in the reviews and reference this post! How does she have so much free time on her hands with 6 home-schooled children I have no idea!? Seriously Lori, this woman that’s slandering and attacking you and possibly making up more fake names to review your book (I’ve counted 3 that I’ve seen she goes by currently), while her SIX children are missing her attention. Wow!

She’s threatened and attacked me on my blog as well, to which I reminded her that I have all her information and am not against exposing her to her community. She left me alone after that.

I can't see how any of this is libel or slander just because somebody disagrees with you on the internet. I think the cases she may have heard about were probably way more severe than what's happening to Lori.

Also note that all three of this person's posts got approved in rapid succession.

ETA: I was typing as @quiversR4hunting was typing, but I think we're talking about the same thing. @Colby's screenshot is a snippet of the whole conversation I copied.

Not a lawyer, nor do I play one on the Internet, but if people can be sued for negative reviews, then no one would ever write something negative about anything, ever, whether it be a book, a movie, a vacuum cleaner, or the opinion of someone you don't agree with. Democrats would be suing Republicans, Republicans would be suing Democrats, and the Internet would shrivel up and  die. This person is just bloviating in order to try and scare people away from saying anything negative about Lori and her precious little book.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived