IGNORED

Creepy Clown Sightings

Grimalkin

13 hours ago, Karma said:

"Mass clown hunts" Just...wow.

Also the fact that clowns are part of haunted houses says a lot about how people feel about clowns. So it's weird someone would both scare people and then work a kid's party.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, ok... not all clowns are psycho killers, per the article.  I leave you with this:

"Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away"

(Thanks, Grandma!)

I spent some time watching clown sighting videos on YouTube. I can't tell if they are all staged or actual sightings.

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

Ok, ok... not all clowns are psycho killers, per the article.  I leave you with this:

"Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est

"Not all clowns." Pffft. That's  like the "not all men" response to women talking about sexual harassment and misogyny. 

And people aren't too happy with the name for this rally/hashtag that started.

The Rev. Reginald Walton, chairman of the Arizona Black Lives Matter campaign, told The Arizona Republic that the event's name is "insensitive."

"The recent events in this country involving clowns has gripped the nation and caused an epidemic of fear," Walton said. "The notion of a Clown Lives Matter rally is insensitive, as the issue of police brutality and violence is a serious issue and the clown issue is not as important.

"The Clown Lives Matter rally takes away the focus of a serious issue in this country that we are working with law enforcement and the community to resolve."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2016/10/06/clown-lives-matter-peace-walk-planned-tucson-creepy-clowns/91662296/

I actually heard about this moments ago watching Weekend Update. As they put it, the best way to show people clowns aren't scary is a mob full of angry clowns. :pb_lol:

I told my friend to flee Arizona. She was very confused because she just got back home after a business trip and a long flight.

Me: GET THE FUCK OUT OF ARIZONA (shares link)

Her: I just got back

Me: THE CLOWNS ARE COMING

Her: I don't know what that means

Lmao this is the official flyer for the rally. Under a spoiler because it's creepy as fuck and only proves that clowns are scary and the woman organizing this is a moron.

Spoiler

clown-lives-matter-1.jpg

That photo and that font, that's horror movie shit. Because nothing says "child friendly and fun" like a deranged clown splattered in blood.

The clowns/clown hysteria has spread to Edmonton too... apparently they are jumping out at people and scaring them. WTF is wrong with the universe? Have also heard that a Public School went in lock down because some stupid kid started shrieking about clowns, causing a mass panic. Sometimes the internet just makes it too easy for bad ideas to take flight.

I utterly loathe clowns. Always have. Always will. When I was two or three my mother took me to a street performers festival. Apparently, a clown was doing something awful involving balloon animals (I also hate balloons - don't judge, I know I'm basically grumpy cat in a skirt and heels), and I ran up to him and bit him on the thigh. They had to pour pop in me to get me to detach, after this misadventure, my family made sure to avoid taking me anywhere there may be clowns. I'm very afraid that if one of these terror clowns (if they actually exist and aren't just a figment of mass hysteria) jumped out at me, I'd respond in a rather extreme way, and FSM help that clown. 

@Kittikatz--If someone dressed up to frighten people and jumped out at you, they pretty much deserve whatever extreme reaction you might have. IMHO.

On 09/10/2016 at 6:02 AM, HarryPotterFan said:

Lmao this is the official flyer for the rally. Under a spoiler because it's creepy as fuck and only proves that clowns are scary and the woman organizing this is a moron.

Reveal hidden contents

clown-lives-matter-1.jpg

That photo and that font, that's horror movie shit. Because nothing says "child friendly and fun" like a deranged clown splattered in blood.

Good lord.  I'm...okay with clowns, as long as there is a demonstrable reason for them to be dressed like that, but did nobody think that that clown was a bad idea?

Why not use a happy clown? :confused2:

6 minutes ago, kunoichi66 said:

Good lord.  I'm...okay with clowns, as long as there is a demonstrable reason for them to be dressed like that, but did nobody think that that clown was a bad idea?

Why not use a happy clown? :confused2:

As soon as I saw that, I thought that the rally was actually just another joke in bad taste.

Just now, Flossie said:

As soon as I saw that, I thought that the rally was actually just another joke in bad taste.

Can we hope that it is?

See the above video for how out of hand this clown thing has gotten. It may be fake. Just remember to lower the volume.

I have a suspicion this got media attention so fast because a lot of people began playing copycat.

I had heard of several clown mentions here and there in random places and articles but I didn't pay much notice to it or put it all together that clown mentions were popping up everywhere.

Then a few days ago, my cousin asked on FB 'what's the clown thing all about?'' , it was only then I realised ok there is a clown thing apparently, but I was as clueless about it as my cousin. As I have a chronic illness, and mostly housebound, I am isolated socially and no idea of what's going on or new craze etc. I just assumed the Clown thing was people being a bit too early for Halloween.

Then yesterday, I saw a video on youtube of a guy in the Uk having a Clown block his entrance to the park or his road and this guy needed to get home, so he came up with plan to deal with the Clown. So he ran at him threatening to thrown his beer can at him, and the Clown ran off.

And then this morning, I read a news article, I think it was a Belfast paper, where the police were advising people not to partake in these Clown craze, and it stated there had been plenty of sightings of Clowns in Northern Ireland  and in Dublin, and that a school in Northern Ireland had shut down and closed up when it got word a group of clowns were heading to the school.

So I have no idea how long this whole thing is going on, but only since yesterday, or today I realise it is actually a thing. I don't understand it or how it came about. Interesting to read this topic about it now. 

What's with all the school closing ? Are these clowns targeting schools particularly?

From what I heard, someone online made a threat against a school and he may have been masquerading as a clown, which provoked fear from the student body.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:36 AM, MarblesMom said:

"Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est

(Thanks, Grandma!)

*** Thread highjack ***

On a side note, I met David Byrne once after at a NIN concert in NYC at the Hammerstein Ballroom (about 8 years ago). He was friendly & shook my hand; surprisingly, he wasn't as tall as I thought he'd be (same height as me, actually), but I was still quite stoked to meet him.  :my_biggrin:

*** returning the thread back to it's regularly scheduled topic ***

Sorry, I can't even be bothered to take any of it seriously.

The initial clown incident was unsubstantiated. The vast majority of "sightings" have been pranks or proven false. The clown "threats" are idiots/pranksters/kids/assholes taking an urban legend and running with it.

My kids' schools have been disrupted the better part of last week because of the idiocy; kids are being reduced to puddles of hysteria because their parents are apparently telling them that a killer clown cult is snatching kids, and the schools and PD have been trying to deal with the mess (note: Not a single damned sighting of any clown or clown-like threat has occurred anywhere near my city) and keep kids calm enough to learn. Hell, a kid just came to my house the other day toting a freaking bb gun so that he would "be safe if I run into a clown." *headdesk* Kid, you're more likely to get SHOT by someone who thinks you're carrying a gun than you are to run into a freaking clown.

ffs, I'm afraid to send my kids out there not because of any clowns but because of the people freaking the fuck out over clowns to the point that sending a kid out the door with a bb gun seems like a wise idea (in a world where two kids have recently been shot while carrying bb guns!!!!!).

Aren't Juggaloes considered a gang in some areas? Maybe the handful of true clown menaces are related to that. However, I have to wonder how this panic started in the first place. Being dressed as a clown and then committing a violent crime has to be one of the dumbest ideas ever, because it will attract everyone's attention.

Here's a tweet from last night that I think you will like:

Zainab Chaudry @zainabnc

Creepy orange clowns sighted recently across the country. Some say they saw one pacing the debate stage tonight. #Muslimsreportstuff

10:25 PM - 9 Oct 2016

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Here's a tweet from last night that I think you will like:

Zainab Chaudry @zainabnc

Creepy orange clowns sighted recently across the country. Some say they saw one pacing the debate stage tonight. #Muslimsreportstuff

10:25 PM - 9 Oct 2016

This is absolutely fantastic!!!!!  

These clowns had better be careful. I remember my husband, in a moment when his common sense apparently went on sabbatical, growling at me à la Reagan from the Excorcist.  While I was in bed. In the dark. I instinctively hauled off punched him in the face out of sheer terror. (It's been 38 years since that happened so I'm sure I will get over it soon.) Point of story: creepy clowns beware for we know not what we may do. 

Fucking clown running lose here in Tiny Town. Probably some dumbass teenager.

Every few years jerks find something else to use as an excuse for stupid borderline criminal behavior.  Kids get bored, feel the need to get attention, whatever motivates this. I just hope it goes away quickly.  My area still has violent morons trying The Knockout Game.  

I think there are a few different things at play here. 

The first reports of clowns came from South Carolina, at approximately the same time as the first few pictures from the set of the "It" remake showed up. My guess is either viral marketing that Warner Brothers are now hard-core denying, or someone saw the leaked pictures and thought it might be funny to either dress up like a clown and scare people, or to pretend they saw clowns in the woods. It got out of control, and then with our current very unhappy/angry/paranoid/scared culture in the US, it just took off. Some are kids screwing with people, lots of them are false reports (this happened before, in the 80s.), and some are straight up hoaxes. 

The clown here in Tiny Town was caught. He was a stupid ass drunk teenager acting a fool.

14 hours ago, kunoichi66 said:

Hallowe'en is going to be so. much. FUN. this year.

If anyone uses Halloween to scare my adorable little cousins I wil kick their ass so hard.

Archived