IGNORED

Grieving my furbaby...

Caribou

@Caribou, I am so sorry! Lots of hugs and good thoughts to you. I had to let my old Rottie cross the rainbow bridge a little over a year ago and I still miss her terribly. 

15 years is a long time! So many memories! Now I'm crying for all those pets that have gone ahead! I am so sorry for your loss!

I just want to add my sympathies too. Your sadness is a real tribute to the warmth of the relationship you had with that beautiful animal.

I know how hard it is to lose one's furry companion. I still grieve the loss of our Ozzie, which was six years ago.

I hope it is a comfort to know that others understand your grief and have felt it in their own lives. We live in a culture that sometimes encourages us to minimize the significance of the loss of our animal friends.

I am sad about your loss.  Your sweet kitty looks very much like my Sadie girl.  Our pets add so much to our lives.  I'm dreading the day I must say goodbye to my cat.  My thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry for your loss @Caribou.  It's never easy when the furry family members cross over. 

This is my fur niece Morgan, who was no doubt at the bridge to greet your kiddo.

Morgan lived with me for a while when my sister was doing pharmacy rotations.  She passed 3.5  years ago.  Still miss her.

morgan.jpg

Thank you once again for all the comfort. It's been a week today and I feel calmer but my other 2 cats, one of which is his biological brother, are obviously still confused and grieving. They're still walking from room to room, calling. I find it heartbreaking for them. I'm so dreading having to go through this process twice more.

7 minutes ago, Caribou said:

Thank you once again for all the comfort. It's been a week today and I feel calmer but my other 2 cats, one of which is his biological brother, are obviously still confused and grieving. They're still walking from room to room, calling. I find it heartbreaking for them. I'm so dreading having to go through this process twice more.

Yeah I remember when Morgan passed her adopted sister Maggie missed her.

IMG_0440.jpg

The two of them spent most of their time trying to pretend the other cat didn't exist, but I could tell she missed Morgan when I went down about a month after Morgan's passing.  If Maggie could talk she probably wouldn't admit to missing Morgan, but I could tell she was a bit out of sorts.  Of course my presence cheered up my feline niece a bit. 

On 10/4/2016 at 6:19 PM, Caribou said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Things happened so quickly and he went downhill so fast, I still can't quite believe it. He was his happy, purring self last week:

IMG_0130.JPG

He reminds me of my nearly 16 year old furbaby that I had to make that decision for earlier this year. He also went downhill fast, from pneumonia. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful fur baby. May he watch over you as a lovely fur angel at all times. *Hugs*

He reminds me of my Emma who I had to put to sleep on 7/7. It's so hard to live without them there, it's lonely (even if you don't live alone.) I've found every day I feel a little better, but she was so special I'll always miss her snuggling up with me or begging for treats.  Maybe our two have become acquainted at Rainbow Bridge and made friends. I worry about her feeling alone (I know how weird that sounds but she was my fur baby.) 

This was the last pic I took of her. (Yes, I put a feather on her head for funsies.) I need to stop I started crying and I'm still at work! 

20160605_181635.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss and other cats definitely make it harder. They do grieve in their own special way. When I lost my cat about 7 years ago, the older cat whom I thought would go sooner, cried as she went from room to room. It's hard and you can't make them understand either. I don't think you can understand it yourself. I know it's cliche but it does get easier with time, I still cry about that cat, i still cry about my dog and it's been 15 years. I'm thinking of you and I hope that all the furbabies of Free Jinger were there to meet your baby when they crossed the rainbow bridge. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived