IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 22: More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

2 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Yeah who knows what her situation really is, not really our business anyway. I am sad that there are times when the Duggars are the best option for a child, but religious shitshow and reality tv is probably a better choice than homeless hungry child.

And to open a big o'can of worms, this is why I am firmly pro-choice. Sometimes not having a child is the best option for all concerned.

Also, I have not researched this whole debacle, but where is the child's other biological parent?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BlackberryGirl said:

You know the saying, "God laughs when you make plans?" 

We are teachers for Pete's sake, and I worked with teens who were in foster care... We beat it into their heads about being smart, being careful..don't knock someone up...etcetc... After oldest Blackberrykid died, her siblings basically fell apart... Counselling, support, help... Didn't work,  soooooooooooo we are now raising kids again.  I am 63 and disabled, BlackberryBoy is 67.  The younger grand is 10. Do the math...and keep your fingers crossed

To me, it sounds like you are doing what family does. You take care of each other, even in really hard times. I'm so sorry for the loss of your child, and I am so glad your grandkids have you! IMO it's not sainthood, it's parenthood/grandparenthood. 

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And to open a big o'can of worms, this is why I am firmly pro-choice. Sometimes not having a child is the best option for all concerned.

Also, I have not researched this whole debacle, but where is the child's other biological parent?

Oh good lord yes I agree. Some situations really are better with no children involved. I've even read horribly sad comments by adults who had terrible childhoods who say it would have been better to not have been born than suffer. Of course that's not just "mom went through hard times and we struggled" levels of bad childhood, but horrific abuse etc.

The paperwork says the biological father is unidentified.

2 minutes ago, twinmama said:

To me, it sounds like you are doing what family does. You take care of each other, even in really hard times. I'm so sorry for the loss of your child, and I am so glad your grandkids have you! IMO it's not sainthood, it's parenthood/grandparenthood. 

Oh good lord yes I agree. Some situations really are better with no children involved. The paperwork says the biological father is unidentified.

Sad...In this case, with the Duggars being the best option, this poor little one was doomed from the beginning. They screwed up 19 children. IMO, that's plenty for one couple.

It takes more than a dorm room and TT casserole, again, IMO.

I feel for the kid. A lot. It must be tough being bounced around.... I hope against hope that the court investigators who placed him with Mullet and Boob had the discussion about no corporal punishment and the need for sensitivity. That's a hell of an environment to walk into..

Okay, I'm so sorry if anyone has asked this already -- I haven't seen it, maybe because this is arguably an odd and ill-informed question, but: is it possible that TLC could have had something to do with this adoption, in some small way? Obviously the Duggars weren't his mother's first pick, and JB and Michelle aren't the only married couple with familial ties who could adopt the child... so I'm kind of wondering if there was some behind-the-scenes manipulation going on to secure this ratings landmine for the show. I can't see anyone, including distant relatives, just being like, "Yeah let me house my kid with this toxic TV family post-sex abuse cover up!" without some kind of coercion/convincing going on. Obviously this isn't without mind to the fact that she's in a desperate place to have to do this at all, so she could very well have just been like "he'll have the basics and kids to play with and I can visit"... either way, I feel for them both. :( 

But yeah... they've been teasing that 20th Duggar bullshit for some time now, and TLC is really pulling out all the stops in trying to save this sinking ship, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved somehow. I doubt Michelle or Jim Bob keep up with those Sinful Nike relatives unless they're making appearances for TV, and they've been handed everything else they've desired from producers for the sake of moving this shitstorm of a show forward.

But I mean, take that for what it's worth. I'm not stating absolutes here, just speculating entirely.

Guardianships are vetted by the courts and an investigator -- at least here they are. I volunteered as a GAL for the probate court in law school for guardianships and conservatorships so I don't think TLC or any outside influence would have made much difference. Sometimes they take parents desires into account and sometimes parents can sign paperwork appointing a specific guardian. But who knows here.

The best I can say is that at least that kid will be checked on and often. 

8 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Guardianships are vetted by the courts and an investigator -- at least here they are. I volunteered as a GAL for the probate court in law school for guardianships and conservatorships so I don't think TLC or any outside influence would have made much difference. Sometimes they take parents desires into account and sometimes parents can sign paperwork appointing a specific guardian. But who knows here.

The best I can say is that at least that kid will be checked on and often. 

It's been widely reported that Rachel gave the Duggars custody after her mother had a stroke this summer. I'm guessing that's why they currently have custody - because Rachel picked them and the Courts saw no reasons to disagree for now. That could change in November at the permanent custody hearing - personally, I'm hoping Rachel gets back on her feet and is able to get her son back by then. That would be best case scenario for all involved.

@mizandryI see your point, but I don't think TLC had any real role in this. I mean, they didn't plan for Rachel to need help with her son or for Carolyn to have a stroke or anything.

And as others have pointed out, Michelle is the youngest of her siblings at 50 and she has kids close in age to Rachel's son. Rachel and her son seem to have had some type of relationship with them in the past, so I don't think it's unrealistic to imagine that she felt he would be better off with them for some reason - maybe because, as  you suggested, she felt they provided the best chance for her to see her son on a regular basis. I'm not sure where the rest of Michelle's family lives, but they may not be in Arkansas. That could have prevented Rachel from seeing him as often as she may have liked and made the situation tougher for both of them.

Plus, does TLC really need more bad press? If they did meddle and word got out, I don't think it would end well for them. 

10 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I feel for the kid. A lot. It must be tough being bounced around.... I hope against hope that the court investigators who placed him with Mullet and Boob had the discussion about no corporal punishment and the need for sensitivity. That's a hell of an environment to walk into..

If the court investigators talked to Boob & Mullet, then Jana and Joy should've been included in any discussions about the need for sensitivity and no corporate punishment, since they would be doing the childcare.

New photo on Duggar Family facebook of Anna, Meri, Jill, Izzy and Jinger shopping.  

Meri and Izzy are being cute.

Anna and Jill are holding lots of kids clothes. Jinge is holding lots of women's clothes. Wonder how long that will last?

There's some interesting speculation about the shopping photo as to whether or not Anna has a black eye. I'm surprised nobody's speculating about Jill and Anna being pregnant because they're buying more baby clothes and they're hiding their midsections.

17 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

There's some interesting speculation about the shopping photo as to whether or not Anna has a black eye. I'm surprised nobody's speculating about Jill and Anna being pregnant because they're buying more baby clothes and they're hiding their midsections.

While I disagree with the "black eye" stuff, I will say that Anna DID lose a bunch of weight while Joshie-Poo was out doing Jeebus Rehab. While one could suggest that perhaps she is now back to cooking him Tater-Tot Casseroles, her arms and other visible areas DO seem bigger... I called the Alyssa pregnancy, so I think I will take my chances and speculate that Anna is pregnant again, too.

2 minutes ago, FlamingFundie said:

While I disagree with the "black eye" stuff, I will say that Anna DID lose a bunch of weight while Joshie-Poo was out doing Jeebus Rehab. While one could suggest that perhaps she is now back to cooking him Tater-Tot Casseroles, her arms and other visible areas DO seem bigger... I called the Alyssa pregnancy, so I think I will take my chances and speculate that Anna is pregnant again, too.

Anna's face looks fuller too. Also, the pregnancy speculation has started since I made my last post here.

Anna does look like she has gained a little weight back, but I bet it has more to do with the turd not helping her with the kids and her having no time to exercise. I thought Anna lost weight because she was living in the TTH with built in kid watchers. She was also probably encouraged to lose weight for her man. Not that she looks bad in my opinion, but when zooming in on the clothes, they do look like clothes for Meridith, so not sure i can speculate that she is preggers. Same for Jill. Those look like toddler clothes to me. Wouldn't be surprised either if one or both were.

Honestly, Jinger looks more like she has 2 black eyes than Anna, with that excessive eye makeup.

Jill's upper body/face doesn't look like she's pregnant. Anna, who knows. For her sake, I hope not. Boy, Meri is a dead ringer for Mac at that age.

I actually think that Anna looks very pretty in that picture. Usually I think she looks pretty average- but I think she looks really pretty in that pic. Hopefully she isn't pregnant. 

Those are some pretty *warm* clothes (and ugly) Jill is holding...  I doubt they are going back to CA.   I barely recognized Anna.

2 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Those are some pretty *warm* clothes (and ugly) Jill is holding...  I doubt they are going back to CA.   I barely recognized Anna.

I'm not sure. Dan Dillard gets married in November and I seriously doubt they'll be returning before then - especially if Jinger "Baaaaaabe" Duggar marries Jeremy after that. If they stay until the end of the year then they could use some colder weather clothes in that case. And they could just leave them in Arkansas for Spurgeon to use if he's big enough or put them into storage.

Looks like a shadow on Anna's eye. She looks really good. I am so glad she has gone away from the crunchy hair she sported during her engagement and early marriage. The kids are cute. Anyone else notice that Jinger often looks like she's being 'goosed' in photos! (Wide eyed surprised) 

I'd be surprised if the Dullards went back to Central America. They'll get pregnant before and stay, if she isn't pregnant already.

Izzy is old enough to walk around and is barefoot. I know he's in a stroller now but I can imagine Jill letting him walk around those dirty floors without shoots and I know I'm being a prude but ew. 

On 9/15/2016 at 8:03 PM, Bad Wolf said:

He will be sharing a room with adult men, and the boy closest in age is 12. Not suggesting any impropriety, just weird and maybe not comfortable for him.

How long has he been there? Do we know? 

• samurai_sarah pinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived