IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 22: More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

Ebil Catholic here and I just got done Sunday Mass. The gospel reading today really made me think of the Duggars. It was Luke 18:9-14:

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

They shouldn't be so smug!

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Ebil Catholic here and I just got done Sunday Mass. The gospel reading today really made me think of the Duggars. It was Luke 18:9-14:

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

They shouldn't be so smug!

Yes! The Duggars are Pharisees. Especially when they take a photo with someone they "helped" because Pics or Your Righteousness Didn't Happen. For people who believe good works have no bearing on salvation they sure do humble-brag about it every time they do. 

Yes @VelociRapture and @Four is Enough;  It was a great game for them to attend.  It cost me an arm and a leg, but it is memory they will both have together.  My husband underwent radiation for cancer this year.  Doing really well now, but it was a hard year.  He grew up in Chicago, and has been a Cubs fan for his 60 year life.   Sounds like they had a ton of fun and for the most part the crowds were well behaved.  

40 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Yes @VelociRapture and @Four is Enough;  It was a great game for them to attend.  It cost me an arm and a leg, but it is memory they will both have together.  My husband underwent radiation for cancer this year.  Doing really well now, but it was a hard year.  He grew up in Chicago, and has been a Cubs fan for his 60 year life.   Sounds like they had a ton of fun and for the most part the crowds were well behaved.  

I'm glad that your husband and son had such an amazing experience. It looked like it was an amazing time. I hope that your husband continues to do well, radiation sounds horrible so I'm glad that he is doing better now. 

He really sailed through his radiation treatments.  Not that it was fun, of course, but he did very well.  He seems to be good now, but each time he has to get lab work, we hold our breath for a day until we get the results.  

Did anyone see the boy genius sharing his unique and wonderful idea for a fun family activity on the Seewald family blog?  His unique idea that he shared was,  wait for it......................................... Taking a family walk.  Wow!  what an amazing suggestion.  I have warmed up to ben a bit this season because he does seem somewhat sincere in his desire to branch out a bit.  I mean he still comes across as being dumb as a post, but I am willing to give him some credit for being smarter than he shows on TV.  But then,  his arrogant 20 year old ass hat personality decides that he is somehow qualified to offer condescending advice on family life, and Boom,  just like that I am back to being disgusted by the whole lot of them.

He really sailed through his radiation treatments.  Not that it was fun, of course, but he did very well.  He seems to be good now, but each time he has to get lab work, we hold our breath for a day until we get the results.  

Did anyone see the boy genius sharing his unique and wonderful idea for a fun family activity on the Seewald family blog?  His unique idea that he shared was,  wait for it......................................... Taking a family walk.  Wow!  what an amazing suggestion.  I have warmed up to ben a bit this season because he does seem somewhat sincere in his desire to branch out a bit.  I mean he still comes across as being dumb as a post, but I am willing to give him some credit for being smarter than he shows on TV.  But then,  his arrogant 20 year old ass hat personality decides that he is somehow qualified to offer condescending advice on family life, and Boom,  just like that I am back to being disgusted by the whole lot of them.

I think Ben was really screwed over by being married so young, especially with his sheltered upbringing. He strikes me as someone who is starting to think for himself (see his anti-racism posts, for instance), and if he weren't married and QF he'd come out in five years' time a perfectly normal 25-year-old, but instead he'll be an exhausted father of five. And as he gets more tired, so I suspect he'll get less inquisitive.

But at the moment he's still an ignorant 20-year-old, so of course we get posts on how going for a walk is a novel idea. Honestly, the post itself didn't seem that bad to me, but the way they were promoting it as something you may be unfamiliar with was awful.

4 hours ago, alba said:

But at the moment he's still an ignorant 20-year-old, so of course we get posts on how going for a walk is a novel idea. Honestly, the post itself didn't seem that bad to me, but the way they were promoting it as something you may be unfamiliar with was awful.

but this is the real question why was it awful?  I think it was awful because again they are preaching and act like everything they do is better than us. 

it's glib and reactionary 

6 hours ago, nst said:

but this is the real question why was it awful?  I think it was awful because again they are preaching and act like everything they do is better than us. 

it's glib and reactionary 

I think you hit the nail on the head. Also sheltered and not truly in touch with the world. Ben may get better if they stop having babies. Jessa, I don't know if there is a better for her, I hope so but they need to realize that there is life outside of the Quiverfull World AND most importantly that it's not a bad life. 

On 10/14/2016 at 0:52 PM, OyToTheVey said:

Now THIS convo I can get into. NYR fan here! I went to the season opener last night. Hockey > Football

Agree!  And your Rangers are another team that has broken my heart more than once.  In fact you just beat us last Saturday :(

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

Just watched the preview for the next episode on the Lily and Ellie blog...good lord, those girls all have awful skin!!! 

and notice how jinge is just blah personality and everything wise and Jessa is forceable - i don't like these people 

jeremy and jinge deserve each other's bravadoness and lack of warmth 

5 hours ago, karen77 said:

Just watched the preview for the next episode on the Lily and Ellie blog...good lord, those girls all have awful skin!!! 

You'd think they'd try and reduce the amount of skin problems as they're always trying to pimp out their daughters.

19 hours ago, alba said:

I think Ben was really screwed over by being married so young, especially with his sheltered upbringing. He strikes me as someone who is starting to think for himself (see his anti-racism posts, for instance), and if he weren't married and QF he'd come out in five years' time a perfectly normal 25-year-old, but instead he'll be an exhausted father of five. And as he gets more tired, so I suspect he'll get less inquisitive.

well put and I regret my post actually after reading about Ben's IG post today.  That was rather brave of him to post about racism.  I mean his take on it is still pretty simplified, but it shows he is thinking and looking beyond the compound.  Ben is still immature, and I think he seriously has issues with how he presents himself on TV.  He should invest in some communications classes to help him overcome his awkwardness.  But I do like that he is at least trying to see some new perspectives in life.  I just hope it is genuine and not a marketing scheme for the show.  I mean much is posted here and elsewhere about their narrow views,  so could Ben's newfound social consciousness be just a PR plan? 

And when you read the instagram comments, wow,  amazing how defensive people are if you try to gently confront them about racism.  If Ben did this on his own,  good for him.  I hope he doesn't back down out of fear of losing viewers

Ben at least got an AA degree, more than any Duggar has accomplished. He's going after a BA from Moody college. Yeah, he's young and he married and had blessings before most men, but he hasn't totally given up. I'm still not fond of him, though.

When I was raising my 2 in the '70's, we adhered to Dr. Spock who advised time out in fresh air every day.IE: walk w/stroller. Baby is usually quiet & you get to talk. Can't believe they haven't thought or read this sooner. They probably don't read child care books b/c they think Michelle is the ultimate authority. Would love to hear Michelle's advice when she's  present for a grand child's 2 yo tantrum.She'll tell them to nip it in the bud right now & present them w/their 1" pvc pipe.

10 hours ago, calimojo said:

well put and I regret my post actually after reading about Ben's IG post today.  That was rather brave of him to post about racism.  I mean his take on it is still pretty simplified, but it shows he is thinking and looking beyond the compound.  Ben is still immature, and I think he seriously has issues with how he presents himself on TV.  He should invest in some communications classes to help him overcome his awkwardness.  But I do like that he is at least trying to see some new perspectives in life.  I just hope it is genuine and not a marketing scheme for the show.  I mean much is posted here and elsewhere about their narrow views,  so could Ben's newfound social consciousness be just a PR plan? 

And when you read the instagram comments, wow,  amazing how defensive people are if you try to gently confront them about racism.  If Ben did this on his own,  good for him.  I hope he doesn't back down out of fear of losing viewers

now this is fascinating - you think he has issues about how he presents himself on tv....

because on instagram and facebook he comes across as a mean surprising preacher / man trying to scare and educate at the same time. I don't like how he always preaches, but alas that is what he wants to be.  

He wants to be heard, while on tv he comes across as a jackass who doesn't spew anything normal just looks to his wife and when he does he comes across as silly child. .... or  fakes his way through a scene. 

Everything these people do is for marketing their tv show. if you saw the clip for tonight's show - they don't get other's people's humor - jessa didn't like that people couldn't figure out the chalkboard meant doubling the love of children not that she was expecting twins when she isn't - she actually got pissed .  These people except other people to think like them and when we don't they dont' like that we don't get it. .... 

He should invest in some communications classes to help him overcome his awkwardness.  

(Quote is from @calimojo.  The quote feature was acting wonky.)

This would require self-awareness.  Nobody in this family nor anybody married into this family possesses this quality.  Neither are they able to self-evaluate.  I would think someone with an image to promote and who relies on a television show for income would have the ability to think about how they come across to their audience.  Well, wait....their desired audience is just as dense as they are.  Never mind.  Carry on.

37 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

(Quote is from @calimojo.  The quote feature was acting wonky.)

This would require self-awareness.  Nobody in this family nor anybody married into this family possesses this quality.  Neither are they able to self-evaluate.  I would think someone with an image to promote and who relies on a television show for income would have the ability to think about how they come across to their audience.  Well, wait....their desired audience is just as dense as they are.  Never mind.  Carry on.

I just believe their desired audience can be THAT dense 

but then I am not in a cult so I don't know lol 

On 10/25/2016 at 8:38 AM, nst said:

I just believe their desired audience can be THAT dense 

but then I am not in a cult so I don't know lol 

If you judge by the leghumpers that are always on social media...mmm they are. They see nothing wrong with the way that the Duggars are. 

38 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

If you judge by the leghumpers that are always on social media...mmm they are. They see nothing wrong with the way that the Duggars are. 

The leghumpers don't bother to look deeper. They take everything at face value. It's really sad how many people don't even scratch the surface. I wonder if it's because they don't want to look deeper. They like the reality that doesn't exist.

Maybe I'm just bored of the lack of drama in Duggarville, but I can't shake my surprise that Derrick came out supporting Trump and Ben came out admitting that racism is an issue. I totally thought the opposite sort of thing would happen. I think I was overestimating Derrick's worldliness and life experience though.... *sigh.*

18 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

Maybe I'm just bored of the lack of drama in Duggarville, but I can't shake my surprise that Derrick came out supporting Trump and Ben came out admitting that racism is an issue. I totally thought the opposite sort of thing would happen. I think I was overestimating Derrick's worldliness and life experience though.... *sigh.*

Totally agree!  I can't get a handle on Derick.  He looked liked fun-loving Pistol Pete Derick in his brother's bachelor party pictures.  And he definitely seems to be a natural with kids  (Izzy and the young Duggars).  His childhood also seems like it was less cultish than Bin's. He also appears to show a genuine affection for Jill.     But his thoughts on faith and ministry....yikes 

Bin's instagram is telling.  He follows very few people.  Unlike most of the CO crew, he doesn't follow any Bates, Querys, Hartanos, etc.   However, he follows several musicians/youth ministries (including Flame).  

IMO, both Derick and Ben are extremely stunted in their maturation- especially Derick. And, yes, Derick has experienced many difficult situations in the last few years. The sudden loss of his dad, a very, very serious life threatening illness for his mother, gaining a step parent, marriage, a baby, learning that his wife was molested by her brother, loss of a job (TLC), a major move (International) with an infant and very immature, fragile wife in tow...IMO, Derick has been running away from his problems. Both he and Jill need professional help.

Ben's path has been much easier, aside from having JB close by...but with JB you also get access to JB's slave help, JB's homes, cars, food-

Realistically I don't think any of them are going to leave fundydom anytime soon.  But I'm starting to feel that Jessa & Ben are more likely to leave than Jill & Derrick.

Jill was the golden child who had more parenting from parents than Jessa and is closer to them.  Rejecting or disagreeing with her parents would be a big deal.  Derrick has issues from his dad's absence and wants a big family and sought out the Duggars.

Jessa was the strong willed one, she loves her kid but doesn't really like small children.  She's also vain and immature.  So is Ben.  They don't want to be outcasts.  You can see it in Ben trying to be cool and get in with the Christian music seen and people like Flame.  They're coming from a superficial place, but being exposed to new things in the name of thinking about fitting in.  I also think that as more children are born and family support goes down (Anna & Jill are already competing for sister moms, Jinger may well want one within a year, plus Jana/Joy/a brother who all potentially getting married in the next few years), that they are more likely than Jill to stop.  Jessa won't like the changes to her body building up with extra pregnancies or the associated chaos and reducing standard of living.  Nor will Ben.

Also while Ben is currently JBs houseslave, he does have a degree and career prospects should he want to use them.  Their immaturity may save them.

Interesting hypocrisy JB - you don't let your kids go to college but all 3 of his sons in law have at least a community college degree, which they don't seem to be using....

4 hours ago, imokit said:

Interesting hypocrisy JB - you don't let your kids go to college but all 3 of his sons in law have at least a community college degree, which they don't seem to be using....

Probably because JB told them College is ebil and must be stopped?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived