IGNORED

The Willis Family: Rape Charges Part 2

samurai_sarah

I'm quiet surprised there is no money left. Is it possible that the money has gone towards his legal fees? If yes that would be an absolute tragedy because these kids earned that money and they are the ones he harmed. 

Considering the insurance millions, I'm not sure how much went to Toby, If I remember correctly it was his parents who received the payout. Who knows how much is left of that and where it went and for all that's been going on the relationship between Brenda and the kids and Toby's parents might be strained. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/15/2017 at 11:12 AM, IrishCarrie said:

Can I ask if forty years is a fairly typical prison sentence for these type of offences in the USA?

My son's former algebra teacher was convicted of continuous sexual assault of a child (in his case, a family member) and was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. He appealed the conviction and lost.

Of course, his victim is also serving an emotional life sentence as are other family members.

I have that spidey sense too. Hubby calls it the BerryMeter. Its a weird feeling like a sound in my spine.  It goes off in varying degrees. Sometimes just standing next to a stranger in the store sets it off. Usually I have to interact with a person to get it. Good people set off a different sensation, but  in my spine and ribs. My ex's brother could set it off through a closed door.. Freaked the shit out of me.

My spidey sense makes that hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Sometimes a handshake will cause it. I keep as far away from that person as possible. 

5 hours ago, BlackberryGirl said:

I have that spidey sense too. Hubby calls it the BerryMeter. Its a weird feeling like a sound in my spine.  It goes off in varying degrees. Sometimes just standing next to a stranger in the store sets it off. Usually I have to interact with a person to get it. Good people set off a different sensation, but  in my spine and ribs. My ex's brother could set it off through a closed door.. Freaked the shit out of me.

My BIL used to give me the raised hair on the neck and arms. It was like evil just surrounded him. Once he got married it wasn't as bad. I haven't seen him in years so who knows what it's like now. 

That GoFundMe is heartbreaking. It seriously made my eyes well up a bit. It was just sad to read that Toby squandered their money, and that the kids are just starting to want to dance again. Crazy (rapist) stage dad aside, I really loved that this family could pursue some creative interests on such a secular level. I always assumed at least a few of the kids probably had a real passion for music and dancing. It just really got to me to read confirmation that Toby's actions took that love away from them.

I don't have the best radar for bad people. I do seem to sense when people are going to hurt ME personally eventually, but that doesn't do a lot for my loved ones. I am, however, pretty satisfied with how such a sense has impacted my life. I was shocked to hear about Toby- I thought he was an over-the-top stage parent, but nothing worse than that.

I got really bad vibes from Toby, but I got bad vibes from Brenda too. The way she was tooting patriarchy and letting Toby be in charge and discipline the kids really pissed me off. And not only was she tolerating it, she was happy to let it be shown on TV. I'm not sure she was aware of any of Toby's wrongdoings. I really hope she receives councelling as well.

16 hours ago, faraway said:

I got really bad vibes from Toby, but I got bad vibes from Brenda too. The way she was tooting patriarchy and letting Toby be in charge and discipline the kids really pissed me off. And not only was she tolerating it, she was happy to let it be shown on TV. I'm not sure she was aware of any of Toby's wrongdoings. I really hope she receives councelling as well.

I'm guessing Brenda didn't know. The fact that once it was found out and Toby was gone from the family immediately before he was arested makes me think she told him to leave. And then the statement she made after and the divorce tells me she only found out at that time and immediately took action to protect the kids. If she had known for years, I don't think she would have acted that way after it allcame out. 

• 2 weeks later...

On a Willis Clan fan tumblr site http://willisfans.tumblr.com/ they've found that The Willis Clan is back on instagram. Looks like they've been deleting pics of Toby from the profile since they reactivated - the latest photo of him is from 2015. They're on private for now so only previous followers can see the profile and they haven't uploaded anything new.

The fan site also found that they've got a gig booked for 2018. 

If all the kids are feeling ready to dance again and to play shows, that's wonderful. They clearly loved writing and making music together (might even be a really smart emotional outlet for them) but god, i hope they're not forced into doing shows because now they're flat broke. I really hope that's not the case. If it is, fuck toby and he can rot in hell then rot some more. 

I'm really happy that they have started to think about performing again - they really do seem to love it (well the majority of the kids anyway) and it comes across that way.

The only time I ever saw an issue with it was when Toby would force the more shy kids to perform when they didn't want to etc. I think now that he is out of the picture that wont be the case and the only people you will see on stage (maybe not a first but definitely further down the line) are the ones who love it.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard that the 2nd Willis daughter, Jeanette Willis has recently become engaged to Cory Piatt. I would also love to see some photos of Jessicas wedding.

1 hour ago, Fluffles said:

Has anyone heard that the 2nd Willis daughter, Jeanette Willis has recently become engaged to Cory Piatt. I would also love to see some photos of Jessicas wedding.

The wedding is scheduled for January 6, 2018 but they seem to be keeping things pretty locked down- their wedding website is password protected.

• 1 month later...

The Willis Family will be breaking their silence tomorrow and Friday on Daily Mail TV according to their Instagram post. 

Its out: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5336675/American-von-Trapp-family-reveals-horror-rapist-father.html

Summary: They came out publicly about it to encourage others not to suffer in silence.

Toby isn't allowed contact

All of the girls thought it was just them

Brenda didn't know.

There will be an album dedicated to this chapter of their lives.

Kudos to the Willis Family. They deserve a great deal of credit for publicizing this dreadful experience.

May Toby Willis rot in prison.

I wonder if Toby's parents and siblings are supportive of Brenda and the kids? Or did they pull and Cap'n Bret and Jackie? 

On 10/1/2017 at 5:25 PM, sta_sha said:

It's not often I visit FJ and see a parent who is trying to do the best for their children. I hope Brenda and the kids are able to heal.

I know. It is so interesting. How did Brenda have the intelligence and strength to protect her children while so many other women do not? From what I can see, she is doing everything right.

Except for staying with him in the first place. I know she did not know about the rapes, but I doubt Toby was a kind, caring father during the day. I suspect there was a lot of emotional and physical abuse. The reason she stayed with him probably has a lot to do with women like Lori Alexander, convincing her it would be wrong and/or hurt the children.

I am so glad she is letting those children heal now, instead of guilting them into denial or minimizing what happened.

On 12/11/2017 at 1:16 PM, Fluffles said:

Jett already married Cory.

056217_AF-0321-433_E-9366-0039_C7_DF722_

She looks radiant and so happy. I am happy for her. I don’t know who he is, I hope he is good to her. 

Oh wow.  I never once thought his daughters.  Because - who would?  But wow.....  I'm so in awe of their strength - wonder how it came out finally?  So glad it did.  

Jett looks amazingly happy - hope she - and the rest of them really finally are!   

12 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Oh wow.  I never once thought his daughters.  Because - who would?  But wow.....  I'm so in awe of their strength - wonder how it came out finally?  So glad it did.  

I saw the piece in the Daily Mail. Apparently Jessica was seeing a Counselor/ Therapist and told this person who alerted the authorities. When the rest were questioned it came out. Each of the 4 older daughters thought they were the only one and didn't want to hurt the family so kept quiet. In the interview of the six who made an album recently you can see how torn up especially Jackson (I think that's him anyway) is that he couldn't protect his sisters. All in all they do seem to be doing amazingly well.

I’m super happy about their break from the public, support of one another, obvious mental health support, and moving forward to have happy and healthy lives. 

Duggars should take a lesson.  

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived