IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

2 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

I thought that as soon as I saw the kids names :P Dad doesn't come across as especially bright either. He's almost 50, and doesn't seen to have any marketable skills or held a job for any length of time. And that is a huge issue here. They cannot afford adequate housing, food, clothing or other necessities. Those are the issues that brought them to the attention of CPS to begin with. 

WORD. I wonder what they live of. Food stamps? Disability? Oh, wait, placenta biz. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If, like me, you have no idea about this placenta thing, the Turning Tides lady explains it all on her Web site. Here ya go --  Placenta Encapsulation: TCM vs Raw Method

The abbreviated Traditional Chinese Medicine version: drain blood from the placenta and rinse off clots, gently steam over herbs (pierce the placenta with a big fork to help drain blood), then tuck it into the dehydrator for 8-10 hours.  Grind up and put in capsules. 

Sadly, William Rembis was not able to respond in a professional way to a bad review.  

Tells me a lot about how he probably responds to CPS too. An internet review over $110 is nothing compared to CPS.

6 hours ago, hoosgirl said:

My OSHA bloodborne pathogens certification

The training for this certification can be completed online in one hour at a cost of $25.  Link here.

I'm also wondering about William Rembis' supposed admission to Texas Tech Law School.  Claire says they have received a package of financial aid, or perhaps received the packet of materials to apply for financial aid?  I'm wondering if he's actually applying for a para-legal program.  I cannot imagine going to law school with that number of kids around. 

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

The training for this certification can be completed online in one hour at a cost of $25.  Link here.

I'm also wondering about William Rembis' supposed admission to Texas Tech Law School.  Claire says they have received a package of financial aid, or perhaps received the packet of materials to apply for financial aid?  I'm wondering if he's actually applying for a para-legal program.  I cannot imagine going to law school with that number of kids around. 

Didn't school start in August? How does law school work? Is he going in as a new freshman? He would need not only a full ride scholarship but money to live on. I'd be surprised if he got anything significant, Especially if he is planning to start in December. Just knowing how the FAFSA works, most of the money for this school year would have been allocated already. 

Yes, when I thought about it, it didn't quite add up. I seriously doubt a student can begin law school mid way through the first year.  I suspect that Mr. Rembis wants to go to law school to better fight CPS. 

Sounds like they've had CPS cases in 4 states over the last decade. Hmm, not suspicious at all. Must be a conspiracy between states, not even close to each other, joining forces to torment an innocent family. Or they are really shitty parents & it's apparent to all who encounter them....

44 minutes ago, Howl said:

Yes, when I thought about it, it didn't quite add up. I seriously doubt a student can begin law school mid way through the first year.  I suspect that Mr. Rembis wants to go to law school to better fight CPS. 

Besides, how can he go to Law School? Does he have a Bachelor's Degree? From where? I think it's a bold and stupid lie. 

On 9/28/2016 at 7:50 PM, iheartchacos said:

http://americanfreepress.net/christian-homeschooling-parents-see-their-kids-retaken-by-state/

They are claiming sexual assault happened during medical exams of the girls by staff without gloves. I find that hard to believe.

I do too. I hate to be the person who second guesses abuse narratives, but this particular set of claims just doesn't seem credible.

I find it hard to believe that a very young child, who by her parents' own admission had little to no experience with medical professionals, would be aware without coaching that doctors typically wear gloves, and that the purpose of the gloves is infection control. Where would the child have even gotten that information? I can believe the child said that, but my guess is that a lot of leading questions were asked to get to that point. I doubt it was all a spontaneous report as the parents were implying.

I find it hard to believe that medical professionals would think that using ropes to secure a squirming infant was their best option. If for some insane reason they had done so, I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't have injured the child's skin and left significant marks - so if it happened, why don't we have pictures to look at instead of just the family's word?

There are a number of very legitimate reasons for a child psychologist to discuss masturbation with a child. Children need to be reassured that they are healthy and normal, and to be taught that exploring their own bodies is okay as long as they do so in private and are not injuring themselves. Developing sexually is part of standard human development, whether or not the parents are being precious about it. I find it almost impossible to believe that the psychologist was discussing this topic with the son for titillation rather than education or evaluation.

I also find it hard to believe that all these professionals are in a conspiracy to abuse this family's children. To me this sounds like a case of parental paranoia rather than legitimate harm to the kids.

ETA: And after reading this, I now suspect that the news outlets weren't reporting these abuse claims not only to protect the children's privacy, but also because they too doubt the credibility of the allegations and don't want to open themselves up to a libel claim by the professionals involved.

Just to go back to the capacity and veracity of these folks - on her very public personal FB page, her "about" quote is: 

"You're the kind of people that change the world." - U.S. Dept of Justice to Mr & Mrs William Rembis

I may not be a Google expert, but I am not coming up with this anywhere.  Anyone else find it? 

2 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Just to go back to the capacity and veracity of these folks - on her very public personal FB page, her "about" quote is: 

"You're the kind of people that change the world." - U.S. Dept of Justice to Mr & Mrs William Rembis

I may not be a Google expert, but I am not coming up with this anywhere.  Anyone else find it? 

I highly doubt it happened.

The Department of Justice (for those who may not know) is the federal agency headed by the US Attorney General that oversees the FBI, ATF, Federal Marshals, DEA, and Federal Bureau of Prisons among other subsidiaries. I can't fathom why this department would have contact with a CPS-dodging small potatoes family in Texas or feel compelled to make a statement to or about them. I also find it highly suspicious that no name is given for the spokesperson who supposedly said those words.

I think this is yet more behavior by the parents that is not grounded in reality. Along with the paranoia, there seem to be delusions of grandeur in the mix.

It's in the same vein as NN saying she never participated in any drama groups (although she *is* a free-standing drama group, IMHO).  Lack of self awareness and emotional intelligence (and more, I am sure) seem to be a common bond between these folks.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Howl said:

The original article discusses this.  States do not coordinate and when a family flees to another state, CPS has to track them down however they can. 

Yep. Cps doesn't cross state lines

17 hours ago, Terrie said:

I'm confused as to how you would even know whose placenta it was.

Maybe it was in a Ziploc bag, labeled, and in the freezer??

9 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I'm going to put this in the "no way in hell it actually happened" category.

The quote on the top of their page is also distorted. The bit about it being odd to have 11 children is more fully quote in one of their own Medical Kidnap articles as the judge commenting on having 11 kids, no furniture and no food.

The whole thing about going to law school is nuts. These days, the only thing that law school guarantees you is a whole lot of debt. Sure, 25 years ago, a degree in law pretty much guaranteed you a well-paying job. That is no longer the case. My husband's firm has gotten rid of equity Partners, senior Partners, anybody who wasn't bringing in enough business. His department now has one paralegal for nine attorneys, and each secretary works with four attorneys. The practice of law has absolutely nothing like what this idiot seems to think it is.

1 hour ago, bea said:

The whole thing about going to law school is nuts. These days, the only thing that law school guarantees you is a whole lot of debt. Sure, 25 years ago, a degree in law pretty much guaranteed you a well-paying job. That is no longer the case. My husband's firm has gotten rid of equity Partners, senior Partners, anybody who wasn't bringing in enough business. His department now has one paralegal for nine attorneys, and each secretary works with four attorneys. The practice of law has absolutely nothing like what this idiot seems to think it is.

I'm lucky enough to work in a pretty decently paying law job.  My office has 28 lawyers and three admin staff.  Our multiple rural satellite offices have no support staff and the lawyers are expected to do the admin work themselves.  

Many, many of my friends have had real challenges finding a decently paying job and probably should've just headed to the oilfields or the mines if their goal was money - and this is Canada, where the glut of lawyers is nowhere near as bad as the US.  Law is not lucrative anymore.  I actually think it's a borderline scam.  

I'm lucky enough to have a solid, decently paying job -- in a different field. I try very hard not to think about what I could do with the money going towards my loan payments, because that way lies tears and regret.

3 hours ago, bea said:

I am so fortunate that I work for one attorney.  Small office means I do it all, bookkeeping, time keeping, paralegal work and general office tasks.  I would not like having three or more attorneys all handing me work.  The general quality of work product by law firms who have cut back on staff has decreased in recent years.  There are a lot of attorneys out there searching for work.  A person like Mr Rembis probably would not be particularly competitive in today's job market.  I find it hard to believe he got a full scholarship to law school, including books and other class materials.  That still leaves the question of where will money come from for rent, clothing, electric bill, telephone, home school supplies, etc.

On 9/29/2016 at 7:43 PM, MarblesMom said:

I'm guessing that, ahem, quote stems from the incident when they filed a fair housing complaint. I posted the article early on in the thread. 

2 hours ago, dianapavelovna said:

I hate to be a glass-half-empty kinda person, but the Justice Dept didn't say if they were changing the world for the better....just sayin'

Moving right along, William Rembis' linkedin profile shows a degree in Sociology from University of Texas at Arlington.  It also indicates that he owns/operates a courier service in Bowie, TX (half way between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls), so likely not updated.  

Soo....they had a FC  hearing this AM , no new news on the family page. I am gonna guess that the children will remain in State Custody.

Yes, it is veeeeeeery quiet over there. 

ETA this media article I found after Googling (duh). The judge approved CPS's plan which the family must complete to regain custody. Their next court date is in January (read: kids unlikely to be home before then). 

First, it seems significant that the oldest boy opted to not hang around with the fam and help his parents. 

The January time frame gives Mr. Rembis time to find a good job, hopefully one with benefits, and a second job to save up for grift a deposit on a rental house and get it settled for the kids to come home to, with beds and stuff. Gosh, Claire could get a job to help with finances, too.  Gosh.  She could.  If they haven't already, they need to get tight with a church community that can help them out.  Or they can just piss and moan on Medical Kidnap and grift the sympathetic and unsuspecting.  

I feel sad for these poor children. Not only have they been so neglected that they were eating from the trash, they don't have many options-I don't think their parents are dedicated enough to change their ways and stop neglecting them, they have been investigated by CPS so many times and have been removed before and nothing changed, so they will be back to barefoot and eating trash if they return home. Long term foster care/adoption means they will get a house with food and beds and be cared for, but there are eleven children, so its incredibly likely that they will never be together, nobody would adopt 11 feral kids at once. Well, some of the child collector kind of people would likely love to, but its very rare that someone would want to take in a large sibling group from kids to teenagers.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived