IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

Totally giving them the side eye for naming their kid "Pocahontas." The movie was skeezy enough on romanticizing a real and rather tragic life without inspiring "theme" naming.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, sassyNoz47 said:

worst of all CPS refuses to help them with the ONE thing the need - a house. 

These parents seem to be wildly misunderstanding what the mandate of CPS is. CPS is Child Protective Services - their job is to make sure children are safe and are being adequately cared for by their parents. They should not be confused with Section 8, the local housing authority, or a TANF administrator.

Their CPS worker will point them in the direction of resources, but he/she is not going to do it for them. They will be required to do their own legwork... and there's a good reason for that. It's not CPS's job to help a family lurch from crisis to crisis, picking up the slack for them whenever they can't handle a specific situation that arises. Their job is to ensure that the family can function safely on their own without constant ongoing intervention.

That being the case, CPS really needs to know whether or not these parents actually have the ability to obtain and maintain safe housing for their children. Just dropping housing in their lap - even if CPS had the ability to do so, which they most likely do not - is a very short-term focused solution. It's not just this present moment or this current crisis that matters, it's the internal capabilities of the mother and father, and if they don't have the capability to meet their children's basic needs, a bandaid solution is not truly going to help. 

The parents have the opportunity to demonstrate their fitness here... or their lack thereof. Demanding that CPS fix the situation for them and showing no real initiative other than begging for gifts from other people unfortunately shows the latter. 

I looked for this, but have we got independent confirmation that the judge allowed homeschooling and such?  Like from a news source?  I only see it directly referenced by the Rembis family and Medicalkidnap.  They could be saying anything to make it seem like CPS overreached and the judge agreed with them.  As far as I know, CPS/the courts can't comment publicly on their rulings, so this could be another 'CPS took them because we didn't register them for homeschooling' Naugler BS when in reality there was a lot wrong with the situation (and still is, unfortunately, in the case of the Nauglers).

I've certainly heard of case workers helping parents connect with housing programs as part of their overall case plan, but I've never heard of CPS just going "Here's a house." Especially when the issue was created by the parents walking away from their existing housing in an attempt to dodge CPS. 

ohaaaiii

Been a tad MIA, but this is just priceless. I was getting bored with NicNog and the blessed shitshow.

Back to read all 7 pages before y'all make them 27!!!

xoxoxo

On 9/25/2016 at 5:46 AM, sassyNoz47 said:

Mommy gets to continue to home school the kids while in foster care. Wtf just how ??? 

From William & Claire Rembis, regarding the September 20th hearing:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Our family fundraiser:

http://medicalkidnap.com/family-defense-resources/

THIS. Why does this not surprise me one bit? Grifting, much? 

1 hour ago, imokit said:

Is the 17 year old actively staying with his parents or living elsewhere with other people in Colorado?

My understanding from some of the recent articles is that he's in Colorado. 

6 hours ago, atlantagirl30084 said:

I looked for this, but have we got independent confirmation that the judge allowed homeschooling and such?  Like from a news source?  I only see it directly referenced by the Rembis family and Medicalkidnap.  They could be saying anything to make it seem like CPS overreached and the judge agreed with them.  As far as I know, CPS/the courts can't comment publicly on their rulings, so this could be another 'CPS took them because we didn't register them for homeschooling' Naugler BS when in reality there was a lot wrong with the situation (and still is, unfortunately, in the case of the Nauglers).

Good point. Here's what I found from a local news source:

Judge Hart explained that he is willing to work with the Rembis family to find a way to provide their children with a homeschooling-style education while they are in foster care.

Neal Burt with the Civil Division of the Lubbock County District Attorney's office said the ruling will, "allow us to explore options consistent  with the goal of getting these children out back into an environment where they would be home schooled and likely returning to an atmosphere or environment where the parents have expressed a conscientious objection to issues such as cutting of hair and immunizations."

So it sounds like the judge did not say "kids must be homeschooled," but something more like "let's try to make this easier on them." 

Another local news source talks about the family's history of investigations:

The children were taken into state custody in late August, after child welfare workers discovered 10 of them had been taken to Colorado. Two of the children also were briefly removed from the family’s home in Plano in 2013, and all were removed in a separate case there last year.

In Michigan, child welfare officials received five complaints between 2007 and 2012, including one about unsupervised children eating out of garbage cans. In New Jersey, the couple was investigated after their oldest son, who was about 2 at the time, was found wandering alone in 2001, according to testimony in the Lubbock case.

I can say from firsthand experience that child welfare agencies across state lines are in no way coordinated or organized enough to conspire against any family. So I find that history very damning. 

1 hour ago, dianapavelovna said:

Good point. Here's what I found from a local news source:

So it sounds like the judge did not say "kids must be homeschooled," but something more like "let's try to make this easier on them." 

Another local news source talks about the family's history of investigations:

I can say from firsthand experience that child welfare agencies across state lines are in no way coordinated or organized enough to conspire against any family. So I find that history very damning. 

Thanks for that info.  I find myself so enraged by these people.  The lack of supervision is obviously because 1) their mom sleeps all day, as stated by the kids or 2) she is gone somewhere else.  She's stated she's a stay at home mom, so someone is lying, and considering the deep levels of denial we're seeing in this case, it's probably her.  The food stamps, at least in part, are probably being sold to get spare cash to pay rent, because that's the only income they list on their documents.

Separate CPS visits in 2 states and a second removal of the children in a year's time means there's something fundamentally wrong with the parenting of this family.  Luckily, it seems CPS is better able to handle this case vs. the Naugler case.  I'm from KY originally and it comes as no surprise to me that CPS maybe can't deal with a family of that size in that area.  Looking at the cities within Breckinridge county, there are none that would be considered large; CPS agencies in Lexington, Louisville or Bowling Green would be better able to do that.  Sorry if that was too off-board in terms of discussing another FJ family, but I see a lot of similarities between them and the Naugler family (and apparently their story has gotten Nicole's attention). 

If the Rembis family is in a more urban area (Lubbock definitely seems more affluent than the area where the Nauglers live), there are probably more resources, or at least group/foster homes, that they can place the children in while they figure out if the parents will comply.  It sucks that money to pay for CPS seems to come from the tax base of the area (if that's wrong, sorry, all I know about child welfare is from Judging Amy) and just like schools, the wealthier areas get better resources.  But they also have to find several homes willing to foster 3-4 neglected and possibly near-feral children, or be ok with placing them in group homes or in an institutional environment.

Conscientious objection my ass.  More likely that they just don't want to spend the time trying to keep up on haircuts for 11 kids.  Considering they can't be bothered to even run a brush through their hair daily (or teach them to brush their own hair), I'm thinking that laziness is the real reason they all have long hair.

My youngest son has long hair.  I refuse to cut it because it's adorable, but I take care of it.  It gets washed daily and brushed several times throughout the day. The minute I find it to cumbersome to take care of, it's getting cut.

Lubbock is actually pretty affluent - I have a friend there, who is a DJ on their main rock music station. He told me that this story has been making the rounds locally and horrifying people - even fundie homeschooling types. There's only so much "free range" and "unschooling" you can have your kids do before it becomes "neglect."

The "sexual assault" stuff sounds really weird. I am generally a "believe the victim" person, but none of these get close to sexual assault to me.  It seems like the "assaults" were medical exams (I'm guessing for signs of assault) and telling the son about masturbation. 

What I don't know is whether Claire Rembis actually believes these were sexual assault, and if that's because she really doesn't understand medicine, or if it's a nasty cynical ploy - and if it is, those poor kids, being told they were sexually assaulted, while in some purity culture bullshit lifestyle.   ugh.

I don't know the age of the girls she's claiming were sexually assaulted but if they were having child abuse physicals every bit of the child needs to be seen to look for marks. I can actually see how for a scared child this can veer into dubious consent and sexual assault territory.

I've had to abandon an exam on a hysterical child before because I felt overriding her explicit Nos and distress to look at her bottom would do more damage long term. And in this case she'd been brought in by a parent for a suspected abcess there. The parent was present and comforting her and would have allowed me to go on.

For the Rembis kids who'd never been examined by medics, who had just been torn from the parents and put in a new place and then have to be examined against their will. It had to be done but I can see how it felt like sexual assault to them and their mother.:TRISTE:

Compare the "Husband and wife team" story on their placenta website to this ripoff report.

My husband William, a previous restaurant manager & former chef is ServSafe certified. His unique background combined with experience in transporting nuclear medicine & live animals makes him the ideal candidate for safely transporting and handling your precious placenta. My OSHA bloodborne pathogens certification & strict EPA safety guidelines are to give you peace of mind: Your Placenta is in good hands. Because we are both self employed, our services are available to you twenty-four hours a day.

http://www.itsyourplacenta.com/page2

First of all, I am not an employee or co-owner of "It's Your Placenta", so that's a lie. This is my wife's business and I have some knowledge of this situation. I do know this much: There is no contract, it's a service agreement. Also, there is no "money-back guarantee" as Danielle seems to think. Just read the service agreement. Danielle did get her placenta later than expected due to a family emergency, but it was hers! My wife doesn't keep spare placentas laying around the house, that's absurd! I know it was Danielle's because I picked it up at her house and sent it back via FedEx.
There was no "other woman's" placenta involved and Danielle already knows this so that's obviously a lie! If Danielle legitimately had a case against my wife, why not take her to court? I know why, because she doesn't have a case! I will personally give Danielle a full refund of the whopping $150-$40 which she already got refunded for a total of $110 if she will remove this post and all the others she's posted. I mean I really don't know what else I can do about this?! She doesn't believe that the placenta that I personally picked up, witnessed my wife prepare, then I personally shipped that same placenta myself?! I was there Danielle!
I'm the person that picked up and delivered this item, so I know it's yours. You can go on and believe that it's not and that you got ripped off and tell everyone you know, that's fine but if you want your little refund you will need to take my name off of all your online rants on every website you've posted your dramatic little saga to. Until that happens you will not get a refund from me! Why are you even putting my name on here?! I just pick up and deliver things for my wife! I'm not part of some evil plot to steal $150 from new moms and switch out their placentas with someone else! That doesn't even make sense! But anyways, like I said, I don't know what else I can do for you?!
I'm just the delivery guy, but $110 is not a lot of money to me, so if you want to get this money back that you seem to think you're entitled to, you need to go back and retract all of the negative posts about how you didn't get a refund because clearly, I am offering you a refund, thus rendering your previous posts untrue. And, as always I am using my real name and email address, not hiding from anybody! Anyone can feel free to contact me about this situation; my email address is willierembis at yahoo dot com. OK?! Let me know when those other posts are removed, OK?!

http://m.ripoffreport.com/r/its-your-placenta/internet-texas/its-your-placenta-claire-rembis-and-william-rembis-stole-my-placenta-internet-texas-1052842

On 9/29/2016 at 8:27 AM, hoosgirl said:
Compare the "Husband and wife team" story on their placenta website to this ripoff report.

My husband William, a previous restaurant manager & former chef is ServSafe certified. His unique background combined with experience in transporting nuclear medicine & live animals makes him the ideal candidate for safely transporting and handling your precious placenta. My OSHA bloodborne pathogens certification & strict EPA safety guidelines are to give you peace of mind: Your Placenta is in good hands. Because we are both self employed, our services are available to you twenty-four hours a day.

http://www.itsyourplacenta.com/page2

First of all, I am not an employee or co-owner of "It's Your Placenta", so that's a lie. This is my wife's business and I have some knowledge of this situation. I do know this much: There is no contract, it's a service agreement. Also, there is no "money-back guarantee" as Danielle seems to think. Just read the service agreement. Danielle did get her placenta later than expected due to a family emergency, but it was hers! My wife doesn't keep spare placentas laying around the house, that's absurd! I know it was Danielle's because I picked it up at her house and sent it back via FedEx.
There was no "other woman's" placenta involved and Danielle already knows this so that's obviously a lie! If Danielle legitimately had a case against my wife, why not take her to court? I know why, because she doesn't have a case! I will personally give Danielle a full refund of the whopping $150-$40 which she already got refunded for a total of $110 if she will remove this post and all the others she's posted. I mean I really don't know what else I can do about this?! She doesn't believe that the placenta that I personally picked up, witnessed my wife prepare, then I personally shipped that same placenta myself?! I was there Danielle!
I'm the person that picked up and delivered this item, so I know it's yours. You can go on and believe that it's not and that you got ripped off and tell everyone you know, that's fine but if you want your little refund you will need to take my name off of all your online rants on every website you've posted your dramatic little saga to. Until that happens you will not get a refund from me! Why are you even putting my name on here?! I just pick up and deliver things for my wife! I'm not part of some evil plot to steal $150 from new moms and switch out their placentas with someone else! That doesn't even make sense! But anyways, like I said, I don't know what else I can do for you?!
I'm just the delivery guy, but $110 is not a lot of money to me, so if you want to get this money back that you seem to think you're entitled to, you need to go back and retract all of the negative posts about how you didn't get a refund because clearly, I am offering you a refund, thus rendering your previous posts untrue. And, as always I am using my real name and email address, not hiding from anybody! Anyone can feel free to contact me about this situation; my email address is willierembis at yahoo dot com. OK?! Let me know when those other posts are removed, OK?!

http://m.ripoffreport.com/r/its-your-placenta/internet-texas/its-your-placenta-claire-rembis-and-william-rembis-stole-my-placenta-internet-texas-1052842

I don't get it. If the placenta was at her house, why did he take it away to send it back?

On 9/29/2016 at 8:27 AM, hoosgirl said:

I don't really see a conflict in the 2, as it sounds like he did pick up and transport the placenta as their website claims. Maybe legally only Claires name is on the business license.

On 9/29/2016 at 0:45 PM, Anonymousguest said:
I don't really see a conflict in the 2, as it sounds like he did pick up and transport the placenta as their website claims. Maybe legally only Claires name is on the business license.

To me, it was how she touts his experience in the restaurant biz on the site - makes it sound like he's more than just the delivery guy. My impression from reading the site back when it was first posted here was they were both very involved. Then I came across the ripoff report and it sounded very different.

I think this family touts a lot of stuff publicly but the truth is a bit different.

On 9/29/2016 at 1:08 PM, hoosgirl said:

To me, it was how she touts his experience in the restaurant biz on the site - makes it sound like he's more than just the delivery guy. My impression from reading the site back when it was first posted here was they were both very involved. Then I came across the ripoff report and it sounded very different.

I think this family touts a lot of stuff publicly but the truth is a bit different.

I agree with you. I think he was just trying to separate himself from the bad rep. 

What fits the woman think hastened? That they have her the wrong placenta?Or that it wasn't a placenta at all? (What a bizarre thing to ask, even typing that makes me feel icky, lol) it does seem unlikely as he said, that they have extra placenta lying around.

This placenta thing is a big deal in my area, there was some legal hoopla about whether women can take them with them home from the hospital, so I guess it's expanded from the home birthing culture to more mainstream.

Devil's advocate. I've been looking at the pictures and the video and I am inclined to think mom is not all there. I suspect some sort of developmental disability. Not that it makes everything ok, but will certainly make her passive and easily manipulated. Disclaimer: I am not a psychiatrist, nor do I play one on TV.

If, like me, you have no idea about this placenta thing, the Turning Tides lady explains it all on her Web site. Here ya go --  Placenta Encapsulation: TCM vs Raw Method

The abbreviated Traditional Chinese Medicine version: drain blood from the placenta and rinse off clots, gently steam over herbs (pierce the placenta with a big fork to help drain blood), then tuck it into the dehydrator for 8-10 hours.  Grind up and put in capsules. 

Sadly, William Rembis was not able to respond in a professional way to a bad review.  

3 minutes ago, seattlechic said:

Devil's advocate. I've been looking at the pictures and the video and I am inclined to think mom is not all there. I suspect some sort of developmental disability. Not that it makes everything ok, but will certainly make her passive and easily manipulated. Disclaimer: I am not a psychiatrist, nor do I play one on TV.

I thought that as soon as I saw the kids names :P Dad doesn't come across as especially bright either. He's almost 50, and doesn't seen to have any marketable skills or held a job for any length of time. And that is a huge issue here. They cannot afford adequate housing, food, clothing or other necessities. Those are the issues that brought them to the attention of CPS to begin with. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived