IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

17 hours ago, Lurky said:

Hmmm, disagree that vegetarianism is about if the animal dies or not - I'm veggie, and I wouldn't eat eg a chicken wing or leg taken off a bird that's still alive, or a leg of lamb knowing the animal its from is out there on 3 legs somewhere. 

It's about the meat, not whether the animal is dead or not.  But obvs I'm being pedantic here, and other vegetarians' mileage may vary, as always.  And it's all ridiculous.

Okay, that's a good point. I never thought of it that way, for whatever reason.  Well, I never had a reason to give it much thought at all. I'm sure we have that in common!

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thought behind whether eating your own placenta is vegetarian *shudder* is that a major idea behind vegetarianism is the idea of consent.  If animals can't consent to being eaten, then it is wrong to eat them.  A woman can consent to eating her own placenta, therefore it is ok.

I got this explanation from a vegan cookbook.  It had a Q&A section with the question, "Is oral sex vegan?"

Mommy gets to continue to home school the kids while in foster care. Wtf just how ??? 

From William & Claire Rembis, regarding the September 20th hearing:

Update, 9/22/16:

The judge said that the kids will be back, "pretty quickly". He said that he felt, "forced" to keep them in custody because we went to Colorado before taking them to the CPS office for interviews & inspections of their (naked) bodies. They were also given permission to photograph the kids naked (if they wanted to do so). The judge denied CPS' request to vaccinate the kids, to cut the boys' hair & to keep them in public school. He told them that since they will be homeschooled when they come back, it didn't make sense to keep them in public school. So, praise God, in an unprecedented, never before seen decision, judge Kevin Hart ordered that I, Claire Rembis AKA, "mommy", be allowed to continue to educate the kids. So, while in foster care, I will still be their teacher.

This is monumental. This is a step in the right direction in trying to overhaul the entire Texas CPS system that is currently in crisis. Please share this incredible decision & be sure to give thanks to God. May God continue to use our family to help future families with the same conviction as ours. 

I'm heartbroken that the media did not share the reason why we left TX. We told every media outlet that our kids were terrified of CPS because they were sexually abused in CPS custody last year. There's no excuse not to share this, everyone was told this in multiple interviews. We even have proof of the abuse & only 1 (local) media outlet was receptive to seeing the proof. 

Please pray for their protection. Please pray that they will be sent home after our next hearing on October 5th. Please give thanks to God for judge Harts' monumental, pro-family, religious honoring, home school friendly ruling. Please thank God for the loving, Christ centered foster home that is caring for our 5 youngest children. Ask God to equip them with abundant grace, patience, wisdom & gentleness. Ask God to help the caretakers of our oldest children. We are worried about them the most. We have deep concerns about troubling issues at their group home. Pray for my husband & I. The pain is so intense & our hearts hurt more than we ever imagined possible. Pray for financial provisions as we dropped everything, including my husbands good job, to try to protect the kids from CPS. We were burgularized several days after we left & my laptop (MacBook Pro) was stolen out of our van during our visitation this past Monday (from 5:00-6:00 pm) @ the CPS Briarwood office. 

Thank you for the support, prayers, kind words, monetary blessings & thoughts. " #TeamRembis 

William & Claire Rembis

Our family fundraiser:

http://medicalkidnap.com/family-defense-resources/

49 minutes ago, GeoBQn said:

My thought behind whether eating your own placenta is vegetarian *shudder* is that a major idea behind vegetarianism is the idea of consent.  If animals can't consent to being eaten, then it is wrong to eat them.  A woman can consent to eating her own placenta, therefore it is ok.

I got this explanation from a vegan cookbook.  It had a Q&A section with the question, "Is oral sex vegan?"

This. Consent and was it or was it not willfully given. Mama cow willfully feeds her calf; mama cow does not attach herself to a milking machine to fatten up America's already fat people. Or something like that. I'm a "recovered" vegetarian who actually hates meat and gags while chewing it, but I have so many medically necessary diet restrictions that cutting out another group wasn't working. Mentally, I think I'd be happier as a vegan. But, alas, at the moment Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-free, Nut-free, and Sucrose-free doesn't totally work for me. Unfortunately :( and I'm still in the freakish 1% of people who is on board with placenta consumption. 

Anywho, are we sure that placenta was even the mom's? She could be stewing up a batch of someone else's placenta tea right in the birthing pool. *blech*

10 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Anywho, are we sure that placenta was even the mom's? She could be stewing up a batch of someone else's placenta tea right in the birthing pool. *blech*

From the sounds of that birthing pool, the placenta was rotting in there. Placenta beer, anyone?

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

From the sounds of that birthing pool, the placenta was rotting in there. Placenta beer, anyone?

The youngest is, what, six months by now? Eek. From the sounds of the son's quote, it seemed to me like she does this with every baby. Maybe instead of encapsulating her placenta, she sips the water every time the depression/mania/whatever mental instability is going on hits? 

I support placenta consumption if you choose to, but that cannot be safe... for anyone. Especially since there are numerous past court cases of woman trying to get the hospital to release the placenta to take home and it rotting before the judge can even rule. (They encourage starting this court battle pre-due date, apparently.. who knew. That's a new niche for lawyers. placenta rights lol) It rots within hours/day, not 6 months. 

Well, the last time I was involved in vegetarianism the division was at whether or not the animal died. If you don't consume any animal products then you would be vegan, not vegetarian. Placenta would fall in the same category with milk, and honey. They are animal products, but not physically damaging (argue ethics of farmers if you want but cows very often voluntarily come in from the field to be milked). To be perfectly honest wtf is a cow going to do with its own placenta anyway?

All that being said, I'm a meat eater all the way and fairly crunchy. I would not consume placenta from any source so I have no dog in that fight.

I really hope that the judge allowing the mom to homeschool the kids is an effort to give her enough rope to hang herself with. Kids eating out of the trash in 3 different states is not a "they'll be home soon" situation. And I call bullshit on the computer getting stolen while at CPS. It's just a bit too convenient. 

3 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

And I call bullshit on the computer getting stolen while at CPS. It's just a bit too convenient. 

Will be worth watching to see if they start to portray themselves as being extremely grift-worthy to their leg humpers. 

Her husband quit a "good job" when they fled the state?  Responsible fathers of 11 kids don't quit a good job.  Let me repeat that: Responsible fathers who are the sole breadwinner for a family of 11 kids and spouse don't quit a "good job" to run off to another state.  They just don't do it.  

A responsible father doesn't move to a new city and "house" his family of 14 in the single room he is provided as part of his new employment.  

Face palm. 

1.) Don't leave expensive laptops in the car. This applies whether your children have been removed or not.

2.) LMFAO at the judge ordering mom to homeschool. I'm sure the workers LOVE that. And how the hell is that supposed to work out logistically??

3.) It's not monumental and really has little to do with the problems at the heart of the system. 

4.) Judge apparently called the parents "defiant" but told them the issues were fixable. Which would mean the parents have to make some efforts and show some changes. So we'll see.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who have had multiple run-ins with CPS can act like they've been totally innocent the whole time and think others will believe them.

Sure, CPS workers screw up sometimes, and that sucks. They're human, and like other humans, there are some who are not nice, or disorganized, or not compassionate, etc. But when you've been having these interactions for years, in more than one state, it's obviously not because CPS is awful.

Are their neighbors in the various states all CPS workers? Is that why they all gave these "false" reports of children eating from dumpsters and trash bins? And, mama Rembis, if you're going to lie, at least make it a good one. If the neighbors have reported screams in the night for months, perhaps don't tell the police the kids don't have beds because you just moved in. If your stuff was in storage, that's pretty easy to prove.

If their children really were sexually abused while in foster care before, and that is entirely possible, why the hell did they not fix the same damn issues that have gotten them involved with CPS for YEARS? If you'd like to see the bullshit in the situation, there it is. These jackwagons *allowed* their children to be taken into foster care by not heeding the multiple prior warnings. "Oh, we ran before CPS could take our kids this time because the last time they took our kids it didn't go well." Please.

Given that the majority of Americans have no interest in fostering or adopting older kids, it's impossible to believe a CPS worker found any joy in removing that many non-infant siblings from their home. Nope. No way. (Not that they would take joy at removing an infant, but if one wanted to argue that CPS workers were stealing kids for dollars and funzies, it would need to be infants to be even slightly believable.)

Ewwww. Animals font even eat it gross.

11 minutes ago, SoybeanQueen said:

It never ceases to amaze me that people who have had multiple run-ins with CPS can act like they've been totally innocent the whole time and think others will believe them.

Sure, CPS workers screw up sometimes, and that sucks. They're human, and like other humans, there are some who are not nice, or disorganized, or not compassionate, etc. But when you've been having these interactions for years, in more than one state, it's obviously not because CPS is awful.

Are their neighbors in the various states all CPS workers? Is that why they all gave these "false" reports of children eating from dumpsters and trash bins? And, mama Rembis, if you're going to lie, at least make it a good one. If the neighbors have reported screams in the night for months, perhaps don't tell the police the kids don't have beds because you just moved in. If your stuff was in storage, that's pretty easy to prove.

If their children really were sexually abused while in foster care before, and that is entirely possible, why the hell did they not fix the same damn issues that have gotten them involved with CPS for YEARS? If you'd like to see the bullshit in the situation, there it is. These jackwagons *allowed* their children to be taken into foster care by not heeding the multiple prior warnings. "Oh, we ran before CPS could take our kids this time because the last time they took our kids it didn't go well." Please.

Given that the majority of Americans have no interest in fostering or adopting older kids, it's impossible to believe a CPS worker found any joy in removing that many non-infant siblings from their home. Nope. No way. (Not that they would take joy at removing an infant, but if one wanted to argue that CPS workers were stealing kids for dollars and funzies, it would need to be infants to be even slightly believable.)

Cps gets a higher bonus for older kids and teens but infants and toddlers are what people want. Older kids and teens are hard to place. Nobody wants them. 

18 hours ago, sassyNoz47 said:

Mommy gets to continue to home school the kids while in foster care. Wtf just how ??? 

From William & Claire Rembis, regarding the September 20th hearing:

Update, 9/22/16:

The judge said that the kids will be back, "pretty quickly". He said that he felt, "forced" to keep them in custody because we went to Colorado before taking them to the CPS office for interviews & inspections of their (naked) bodies. They were also given permission to photograph the kids naked (if they wanted to do so). The judge denied CPS' request to vaccinate the kids, to cut the boys' hair & to keep them in public school. He told them that since they will be homeschooled when they come back, it didn't make sense to keep them in public school. So, praise God, in an unprecedented, never before seen decision, judge Kevin Hart ordered that I, Claire Rembis AKA, "mommy", be allowed to continue to educate the kids. So, while in foster care, I will still be their teacher.

This is monumental. This is a step in the right direction in trying to overhaul the entire Texas CPS system that is currently in crisis. Please share this incredible decision & be sure to give thanks to God. May God continue to use our family to help future families with the same conviction as ours. 

I'm heartbroken that the media did not share the reason why we left TX. We told every media outlet that our kids were terrified of CPS because they were sexually abused in CPS custody last year. There's no excuse not to share this, everyone was told this in multiple interviews. We even have proof of the abuse & only 1 (local) media outlet was receptive to seeing the proof. 

Please pray for their protection. Please pray that they will be sent home after our next hearing on October 5th. Please give thanks to God for judge Harts' monumental, pro-family, religious honoring, home school friendly ruling. Please thank God for the loving, Christ centered foster home that is caring for our 5 youngest children. Ask God to equip them with abundant grace, patience, wisdom & gentleness. Ask God to help the caretakers of our oldest children. We are worried about them the most. We have deep concerns about troubling issues at their group home. Pray for my husband & I. The pain is so intense & our hearts hurt more than we ever imagined possible. Pray for financial provisions as we dropped everything, including my husbands good job, to try to protect the kids from CPS. We were burgularized several days after we left & my laptop (MacBook Pro) was stolen out of our van during our visitation this past Monday (from 5:00-6:00 pm) @ the CPS Briarwood office. 

Thank you for the support, prayers, kind words, monetary blessings & thoughts. " #TeamRembis 

William & Claire Rembis

Our family fundraiser:

http://medicalkidnap.com/family-defense-resources/

Medical kidnap is bs. And now they're pulling the christian persecution bs. Cps typically doesn't allow  homeschooling. 

Apparently, the homeschool thing is because if/when the kids are returned, the family will go back to homeschooling, so they want to make sure the mom is halfway decent at it. The parents may call it a victory, but it's also another chance for CPS to observe the family, provide corrective instruction for the parents and see if they are willing to improve.

I don't have the link on hand (though I'll see if I can dig it up if anyone wants it), but one foster family reported one of the kids had hair so matted it took hours to unmat and they are now teaching her to brush her hair. The parents refused permission for the kid's hair to be cut. As a child, I had a super sensative scalp, so the thought of those hours of having mats brushed out makes me shudder.

Apparently, the homeschool thing is because if/when the kids are returned, the family will go back to homeschooling, so they want to make sure the mom is halfway decent at it. The parents may call it a victory, but it's also another chance for CPS to observe the family, provide corrective instruction for the parents and see if they are willing to improve.

I don't have the link on hand (though I'll see if I can dig it up if anyone wants it), but one foster family reported one of the kids had hair so matted it took hours to unmat and they are now teaching her to brush her hair. The parents refused permission for the kid's hair to be cut. As a child, I had a super sensative scalp, so the thought of those hours of having mats brushed out makes me shudder.

That is bullshit. My daughter has hair that if you look at it sideways it tangles. I could comb all of the tangles out, then comb it again 5 mins later and her hair will have more tangles, but her hair has never, ever been so matted that it took any longer than 5 mins to comb out. Those poor kids.

@Terrie,  the no-hair-cutting must be a "thing" with them now.  There are earlier pictures of the oldest boys on their facebook page and all of the boys had short haircuts.   Re: the child with matted hair -- on her fb page, Clair Rembis was so happy that her girls were in a "good Christian home" and the foster mom was doing the girls' hair just like she did at home.   

The neighbors two doors down have a small backyard pool where their two young (ages 7 and 9 or so) grandaughters play in the summer.  Lawzamercy, each of those girls has a serious set of lungs and there's a lot of screaming -- but they are obviously screams and shouts of high energy joyful play and the grands don't play loud heavy metal music to cover it up.  It's normal.  And they aren't doing it in the middle of the night. 

Judge Hart said the most significant evidence in his decision was the Lubbock home the Rembis' were renting, on 26th street. He cited photos from August 11 which showed a dump hole in the floor of their home  where they would dump trash in the floor to contain it.

Yup, there's some things you just can't explain away.  

I was idly wondering about large dysfunctional families and if there is some type of diagnosis for the dynamic in the Rembis family, where they claim they are wonderful parents who feed, nurture and educate their children, are obviously neglectful, but keep having more kids to neglect.  

Came across an interesting blog post by Jean Mercer, who blogs at childmyths.blogspot.com:  Abusive Adoptive Megafamilies and Child Hoarding: A HIGHLY Speculative Post

As far as we know, all the Rembis kids are bio kids, but I can't see much of a difference in adopting vs bearing children if the family dynamic is the same.  Jean Mercer considers some parallels between child hoarding and and animal hoarding.  As she mentions, it's a highly  speculative post, but interesting. 

Periodically, newspaper reports emerge of adoptive “megafamilies” who neglect and abuse their children and who isolate themselves or move from location to location in order to avoid detection.

Because the majority of those with large families, adopted or otherwise, are adequate parents, it's difficult to tease out the characteristics that separate the good parents from the crazy ones, so Mercer suggests that studying animal hoarders might lead to insight about those who hoard children and abuse and neglect them, which could lead to better screening of adoptive parents.

The dynamic of the Rembis family of having a bazillion kids and neglecting them seems parallel to neglectful adoptive megafamilies and, well, some types of animal hoarders.  To cut to the chase: Mercer reviews work done by Gary Patronek, who studies animal hoarding. 

He identified one group of animal hoarders as “rescuers”. These people were afraid of death and so worried about euthanasia that their pets’ present suffering seemed irrelevant or invisible to them. They felt that only they could provide the needed care, and thus avoided authorities or prevented their access to the home. They worked with a “network of enablers” who protected each other and passed pets along. These animal hoarders felt they had a mission to save the animals, and that mission led them to a compulsive need to acquire and control pets.

The second group Patronek referred to as “exploiters”.  These people denied any harm to the animals from the time they were acquired and were indifferent to suffering. Their interest was in achieving control, and the hoarded animals were tools for this purpose.   They rejected authority, and behaved toward others in manipulative, exploitive, and charming ways. They felt no guilt about what they were doing and had little empathy for people or animals. (Remember, these are not people who have directly harmed the animals--- no torture or dog-fighting is involved.)

Although typologies always raise some questions, I find these categories of animal hoarders strikingly similar to the abusive parents of adoptive megafamilies like the Schmitz and Gravelle couples. The compulsive missions, the drive for control, the network of enablers--  some of these factors do seem to characterize such people.

For sure, I'd put MedicalKidnap.com into the network of enablers category. 

It's a longish blog post;  linky here if you want to read further.  Also, within the blog there are links to two articles on on two abusive mega families. 

Can't remember which phrase I used to search the google, but it also turned up lots of links to scapegoating in families.

Here's something I've been wondering: 

How in the hog hell did the RemRods get so lucky that their kids are now in a Christian home with CPS, where the mom does things how Claire would want, and Claire can come in and homeschool? 

My guess is to spy on Claire and make it so the state can say they complied with every demand the Rembises put forth...and to give the Rembises as little reason to run as possible. Any other hypotheses? 

40 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Here's something I've been wondering: 

How in the hog hell did the RemRods get so lucky that their kids are now in a Christian home with CPS, where the mom does things how Claire would want, and Claire can come in and homeschool? 

My guess is to spy on Claire and make it so the state can say they complied with every demand the Rembises put forth...and to give the Rembises as little reason to run as possible. Any other hypotheses? 

The more they are able to observe, the more they are able to document. The more they can document, the more likely the children are removed permanently. 

If they spent 9 hours trying to remove the mats of hair and still had to take the child to 2 different stylists, that does not sound, to me, like someone who's hair just tangles easily.

16 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

The more they are able to observe, the more they are able to document. The more they can document, the more likely the children are removed permanently. 

Right. That still doesn't explain to me how the family seems to have gotten their way in the type of family with which the children were placed. But I'll say– if it makes the parents less likely to put up a fight and run away, I'm all for it.

My daughter's hair tangles extremely easily. If she doesn't brush it for a couple of days (lazy weekend at home, for instance) it is incredibly difficult to get it brushed. The length of time it took the stylists (who have access to very good conditioners) suggests to me that her hair hadn't been brushed for months, at the very least.

If anyone is interested, we started putting Garnier Fructise leave in conditioner in her hair about once a week and it barely tangles at all anymore. 

6 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Right. That still doesn't explain to me how the family seems to have gotten their way in the type of family with which the children were placed. But I'll say– if it makes the parents less likely to put up a fight and run away, I'm all for it.

I'd like to think their are taking the diplomats approach here. Give a little (Christian family) to get a lot of evidence against them. 

I had extremely tangly hair, too. Very thin and fair. Once I stopped brushing it, and had a big matty thing in the back of my head. I don't remember how long it took, but it hurt coming out.

If it took 9 hours to remove, that's some serious time without any hair care. 

As a former school nurse, I've recommended copious amounts of conditioner and such for parents dealing with such issues.

1 minute ago, devoe364 said:

I'd like to think their are taking the diplomats approach here. Give a little (Christian family) to get a lot of evidence against them. 

That's my hope as well. It would certainly be a more strategic move than has happened before. 

@Howl @Terrie @SoybeanQueen 

Thank you all for the resources and very valid points!! Can't figure out how to do the round of aplause emoticon on here with my phone but, yesssssss!! All the points you've made are so valid and honestly like arguments a prosecutor could use. 

58 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

That's my hope as well. It would certainly be a more strategic move than has happened before. 

Well I know CPS (or Social Services where I live) are getting smarter with how they collect evidence. There is a lot of people saying that Foster Care is basically the new Residential Schools, With that type of scrutiny, they need to have a damned good reason to remove kids that no one can question. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived