IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

I'm beginning to think that these people don't want their kids back. Maybe life has been easier since they were pulled and they like this fact, but feel guilty about it.  They may be sabotaging themselves so they don't have to parent anymore and yet can claim they were railroaded so as not to appear like shitty people.  I'm just trying to figure out why someone wouldn't do absolutely everything in their power to complete their plan and get their kids back. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Childless, I think there may be a combination of factors going on.  I think there is something mentally off with the parents to begin with.  Perhaps there is a certain level of every-day delusion.  I think they believe they are good parents, doing the best for their children.  Clearly, they are not, but somehow they cannot see that.  Therefore, they may perceive the CPS requirements as arbitrary, ridiculous, and a waste of time.  Perhaps they also think that if they could only tell their side of the story, public opinion would be on their side and the evil CPS would be exposed, children would be returned, and they would emerge victorious. 

I wonder if one of the court's requirements is that the parents get a psych evaluation?

As I've said before, if at any point my child had been removed from me by the authorities, I would have done whatever was required of me to have him returned, and I would have done it as soon as physically possible.  I wouldn't waste time bitching and moaning.

There's also some classic legal conspiracy thinking going on. If they can just hit the correct manuver, the courts will be forced to drop everything and leave them alone. Tax protestor and sovereign citizen thinking applied to family court. 

2 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

@Childless, I think there may be a combination of factors going on.  I think there is something mentally off with the parents to begin with.  Perhaps there is a certain level of every-day delusion.  I think they believe they are good parents, doing the best for their children.  Clearly, they are not, but somehow they cannot see that.  Therefore, they may perceive the CPS requirements as arbitrary, ridiculous, and a waste of time.  Perhaps they also think that if they could only tell their side of the story, public opinion would be on their side and the evil CPS would be exposed, children would be returned, and they would emerge victorious. 

I wonder if one of the court's requirements is that the parents get a psych evaluation?

As I've said before, if at any point my child had been removed from me by the authorities, I would have done whatever was required of me to have him returned, and I would have done it as soon as physically possible.  I wouldn't waste time bitching and moaning.

I definitely think there is a lot of delusion going on. I've been around narcissistic people in the past and they are usually compulsive liars who lie so much that they actually believe what they are saying. I definitely think this couple falls into that category 

14 hours ago, Terrie said:

There's also some classic legal conspiracy thinking going on. If they can just hit the correct manuver, the courts will be forced to drop everything and leave them alone. Tax protestor and sovereign citizen thinking applied to family court. 

Still, by now it has to be obvious that completing the plan will be the only way to get their kids back and yet they still aren't doing it.  They've gone months without their kids.  You'd think they would miss them and just want them back.  I think there's more going on.  I seriously think they realize that life is a lot easier without umpteen kids to care for, but don't want to admit it.  I think in their own way they do love their children, they just don't want the stress and burden of having to take care of them all.  They've made their point with sites like medical kidnap.  If they completed the plan at this point, they could still claim CPS is wrong, but they're doing what they have to do to get their kids.  The fact that they're still dicking around leads me to believe they want an excuse to leave the children in foster care.

4 hours ago, Childless said:

The fact that they're still dicking around leads me to believe they want an excuse to leave the children in foster care.

I don't know that they don't want their kids back so much as they want to be proven right more.

1 minute ago, Terrie said:

I don't know that they don't want their kids back so much as they want to be proven right more.

BINGO!! It seems they need to be "right" more than anything else. How sad.    If they are reunited with the children, I forsee nothing changing for the children. Still, the children will probably feel that they are "safe" and "back in the right place" even with the dismal family conditions. A child's love is strong, and these kids only know the squalor and paranoia their parents have taught them.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

BINGO!! It seems they need to be "right" more than anything else. How sad.    If they are reunited with the children, I forsee nothing changing for the children. Still, the children will probably feel that they are "safe" and "back in the right place" even with the dismal family conditions. A child's love is strong, and these kids only know the squalor and paranoia their parents have taught them.

Which is of course ridiculous! These poor kids are so messed up. :( I would say that these parents should be ashamed of themselves but they never will be. 

Turns out the dad has at least part of his FB public as well. It's... odd when you put it in context of the mom's and the family "cause" page. It's full of heavy metal, sports and conspiracy theories that the government is full of pedophiles. Nothing on his kids, missing them etc. I suppose those enteries could be non-public, but still.

2 hours ago, Terrie said:

Turns out the dad has at least part of his FB public as well. It's... odd when you put it in context of the mom's and the family "cause" page. It's full of heavy metal, sports and conspiracy theories that the government is full of pedophiles. Nothing on his kids, missing them etc. I suppose those enteries could be non-public, but still.

Why am I not shocked by this. :pb_rollseyes:

On 12/4/2016 at 8:00 PM, Walking Cat Bed said:

Most hotels require a valid credit card at check-in to prevent people from skipping out. And most require weekly payments from long-term guests.

So if the adult Rembises are in a hotel, someone's paying the bill. They either have money that they won't spend on their kids or have conned someone to pay for a hotel room -- and probably food.

Maybe a GFM like the Noglerites? These people become experts at scamming idiots out of their money. 

On 12/8/2016 at 7:48 PM, seattlechic said:

Maybe a GFM like the Noglerites? These people become experts at scamming idiots out of their money. 

A fool and their money are soon parted. Why do people give money to these idiots?

Part of the state plan is to clearly demonstrate that they can successfully shelter their children, so they would need to move into and furnish a house by January 1 to be ready for their January CPS hearing.  

Paging Jill Rodriguez to the courtesy phone.  The Rembis' need advice on grifting a house, STAT! 

If/when they get the kids back, are they obligated to live in Texas and remain under CPS surveillance or can they flee to Colorado (again)?

3 minutes ago, Howl said:

Part of the state plan is to clearly demonstrate that they can successfully shelter their children, so they would need to move into and furnish a house by January 1 to be ready for their January CPS hearing.  

Paging Jill Rodriguez to the courtesy phone.  The Rembis' need advice on grifting a house, STAT! 

If/when they get the kids back, are they obligated to live in Texas and remain under CPS surveillance or can they flee to Colorado (again)?

Typically people get their kids back physically, but the state doesn't return legal until later to make it easier to put the kids into foster care if there are issues. So, most Likely there will be at least a few weeks between when the kids come to live with them and when they are allowed to leave the state.

Are they delusional? Your kids weren't taken away because there are eleventy of them or because you're Christian or for your anti-vax beliefs. Stop saying medical kidnap. Your kids were taken away because your toddlers were found dumpster diving for food by themselves...

6 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

Are they delusional? Your kids weren't taken away because there are eleventy of them or because you're Christian or for your anti-vax beliefs. Stop saying medical kidnap. Your kids were taken away because your toddlers were found dumpster diving for food by themselves...

Oh, not just that. They lacked proper furinture and food when CPS came knocking, at least one news story reported that a toddler was left alone, sleeping in a closet, and, oh, right, the kids weren't taken until the family ran for another state. Said family has, at various points, claimed it was a vacation, they WERE trying to keep their kids away from CPS, or they were moving to Colorado for better job oppurtunities. 

Here's another case which seems to be following the same pattern as the Rembi. Diversion along with victimhood plus a bit of religion. And, of course, gleeful coverage by the sensationalistic MedicalKidnap site.

A homeless couple (who identify as non-materialistic, spiritual traveling missionaries) had their one-day old baby taken from them at the hospital two months ago. The Alabama court has issued a gag order, making it easy for the couple to make crazy claims: their excuses range from refusing to get a birth certificate, to mistaken identity (they have names similar to some drug dealers), to refusing vaccinations, all the way to the baby is worth lots of money to CPS if they adopt him out.

Most likely CPS wants these fully-functioning adults to get a home and a job. However, the parents refer to these expectations as  "hostage demands" and are publicly refusing.

See the #freebabyholm facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1826254040954882/

IME houselessness is not a crime, but it does frequently go hand in hand with drugs. (Source: my few months of houselessness as a teen)

7 hours ago, DaisyD said:

IME houselessness is not a crime, but it does frequently go hand in hand with drugs. (Source: my few months of houselessness as a teen)

It's not a crime, but if you're sleeping outside with a newborn, that child will be removed.  If you're in a shelter, then most likely the infant will remain with you.  It depends on the situation. Since there is a gag order, we don't know the exact reason the child was taken.

In my experience, it is very rare for homelessness to be the sole reason for a child to be removed from the parents. Generally in those cases the parents would be provided with family preservation services instead. CPS would only proceed with removal if there was either some other factor that made the child unsafe (like drugs, severe untreated mental health instability, etc.) or the family did not choose to utilize the services that were offered to them.  

Obviously I don't know anything about this particular case beyond what has been reported, but what the couple is saying just doesn't add up for me. Homelessness is not a crime. I think people tend to assume that removal is costless for CPS, but it isn't - it generates a huge amount of paperwork hours and legal challenge costs and the need to pay for the child to be kept in foster care while workers supervise the parents with their case plan. CPS did not choose the path of least resistance here by any means. 

There are probably other elements in this case that the parents are not disclosing because it doesn't look good for them and CPS can't disclose because of confidentiality.

Ugh!!!  If you don't want CPS to take your children away, then fucking take care of them!  How hard is that to understand?  People like the Rembis and this new couple drive me bonkers. Your family was split up because you were shitty parents.  It's your fault, now quit bitching and fix it.

12 minutes ago, Childless said:

Ugh!!!  If you don't want CPS to take your children away, then fucking take care of them!  How hard is that to understand?  People like the Rembis and this new couple drive me bonkers. Your family was split up because you were shitty parents.  It's your fault, now quit bitching and fix it.

Or let the kids be placed (and get situated) in a stable home -- either way, shit or get off the pot. Take care of them or give up custody.

"Medical kidnapping" accusations make me crazy. My kids are both type 1 diabetics, and there have been cases of children who died because their parents refused to give them insulin, too much insulin, or who didn't pay attention to how much insulin they were giving them. In some cases, children who need serious medical attention have been taken away from their parents, and placed in the world-famous Children's Hospital we have in Chicago. But if you go to the Children's Hospital's FB page, it's full of one-star reviews with all of these Keyboard Warriors accusing the hospital of kidnapping children. Because, of course, The Children's Hospital is running around stealing perfectly healthy children to treat AT A FINANCIAL LOSS because......uh. Jesus, and the MMR vaccine and this article from naturalnews.com and also GMOs.

These parents have a literal checklist of things to do to get their kids back, and they're not doing these things. And yet, still claiming they want their kids back. Well, apparently not enough to actually put in the work to get custody of them.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived