IGNORED

Rembis Fam: 11 kids, CPS, antivax, homeschool, CPS

Howl

Can't see your kid on their actual birthday - your kid gets two birthdays - one on the day with whoever they're with and one when you next see them.  That can actually be bigged up into a good thing.  I used to have 3 birthdays - one with my mum, one with my dad, and one with my extended family (we used to visit them in the summer hols).  Yes it was because of divorce, but I loved it.  Positive parenting, because I'm sure whoever has that kid is doing something for him/her on the day.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want to celebrate your children's birthdays on their actual birthdays?  Do what the judge has told you to do so you can regain custody of them.  Quit whining.  This whole situation was your fault.  Now fix it.

Here's the latest post from the Rembis Family page:

*~*~* HELP ALEX! *~*~*

10/17/16: Alex gives us the poem about his group home, entitled, "Dearest String". It's an eloquent cry for HELP as he describes the, "abusive" environment he now resides in & his desire to be rescued from it.

10/18/16: Alex has a seizure at (public) school. Tragically, the lack of adequate response by CPS/foster care/school workers could've had devestating consequences on his health.

10/24/16: Alex writes on the board @ visitation, "I wanna go back to my real home! - Alex". Holding back tears, Alex shares that he's depressed because he can't come home. His brother (14), in the same cottage as him, confided in me that he feels the same way & that he cried himself to sleep 2 nights ago because he couldn't go home.

This isn't our Alex :'-( He'd cry as a baby/toddler & when we lost our cat. He's so joyful, intelligent, warm hearted & he enjoys making others laugh. Our precious Alex is slipping away :'-(

PRAY for our baby! Share this! Read his poem (below)! Contact us if you have suggestions & ideas on how to help!

#TeamRembis

My suggestion: find stable housing and a regular source of income. Complete the rest of your service plan so your child can return to your custody. It is very normal that he and the other kids are missing home and struggling with being away from it.

Also, they posted the poem he wrote in an earlier post, and I don't mean to be nasty when I say that I found it rather incomprehensible. Is that just my brain fog of late or what?

ETA okay, I just read the poem again and didn't feel bamboozled this time. So that was just my brain. :P

It's a passable poem for a kid his age who is trying to reach beyond his skill level. Actually, better than anything Raquel has posted. Basically, he is a scrap of string abandoned on the ground who wants someone to pick him up and give him a purpose. I believe the child in question is in a group home and I've heard from some foster care alum can be harder than a foster family. But while I'm sure it's difficult, depressing and stressful, and he'd rather be home, I would not call it "abusive." If they want their son out, here's a very simple way to do so. Worth the case plan. 

Poor child. It sucks for kids to be taken from their parents, nomatter how awful their parents are. His parents shouldn't blame his foster home or being taken away, Alex is just a kid, he doesn't realise that it is the best for him because his parents cannot care for him. His parents should blame themselves and work hard to cooperate with CPS and the professionals involved in their case and the care of their children. They should do whatever they can to get their kids back. This does not mean whining on the internet, it means getting a stable home environment, parenting classes so they know how to discipline and care for kids instead of abusing them and jobs so they can have money to feed their kids.

Wait. He had a seizure? How do they know what response occurred? If A was reporting, and actually had had a seizure, he may have been post ictal and not able to completely understand or remember what was done for him.

Why is it always "abuse" when something happens to one of these kids? 

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Because the parents have no sense of proportion. I noticed in the comments on the mom's FB page they said that after the kids were taken, they called the FBI.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Wait. He had a seizure? How do they know what response occurred? If A was reporting, and actually had had a seizure, he may have been post ictal and not able to completely understand or remember what was done for him.

Because they have no idea what abuse means clearly. Abuse is leaving your kids go through the garbage looking for food, it's leaving them in a house that has a placenta pool in the bedroom, it's continuing to have kids despite not being able to support the ones you have. No Mom and Dad have no idea what abuse is. 

And yes if he has a seizure, he might not have known what was going on for a little while. I had fainting spells for a while and I couldn't remember how I got from point A to point B. So I imagine that a seizure could cause such issues as well. 

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Childless said:

In my state, no matter what the parent has done, it's now illegal to deny visitation.  Supervised visitation may be ordered, but you can no longer keep a parent from seeing their kid even if there was abuse.  It's ridiculous.  And I live in a very conservative state that has been fighting tooth and nail to outlaw abortion because they just care so much about kids.  Right.  They care about fetuses.  Once the baby is born, they consider it a possession of the parents and don't give a flying fuck about its well being.  Quite frankly, I doubt they even care about the fetus.  More like they care about controlling women.

In my state it's different. Bios can keep kids even if they have tpr or have an open case. Every child is a different case.

On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 11:26 AM, ILoveJellybeans said:

I feel sad for these poor children. Not only have they been so neglected that they were eating from the trash, they don't have many options-I don't think their parents are dedicated enough to change their ways and stop neglecting them, they have been investigated by CPS so many times and have been removed before and nothing changed, so they will be back to barefoot and eating trash if they return home. Long term foster care/adoption means they will get a house with food and beds and be cared for, but there are eleven children, so its incredibly likely that they will never be together, nobody would adopt 11 feral kids at once. Well, some of the child collector kind of people would likely love to, but its very rare that someone would want to take in a large sibling group from kids to teenagers.

It's sad the kids will suffer. It's especially sad they're separated and the younger ones will get adopted over the older ones if tpr happens. Which is likely. 

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Because they have no idea what abuse means clearly. Abuse is leaving your kids go through the garbage looking for food, it's leaving them in a house that has a placenta pool in the bedroom, it's continuing to have kids despite not being able to support the ones you have. No Mom and Dad have no idea what abuse is. 

And yes if he has a seizure, he might not have known what was going on for a little while. I had fainting spells for a while and I couldn't remember how I got from point A to point B. So I imagine that a seizure could cause such issues as well. 

As someone with a family member who has seizures, that is what happens.  My relative is basically incoherent and unaware for at least a half hour after the seizure.  He also looses memory of anything that happened for up to two days post seizure.  His short term memory of those days does not make it into his long term memory bank.  It's very bizzare.  He'll remember those days for about a week and then they're just gone.

I work at a group home, and I will tell you that the vast majority of the children we work with would rather be with their parents. It's a very unusual child - no matter how abusive or neglectful their home life may have been - who consistently expresses that they would prefer to be in a group home over being with mom or dad. That's normal, and we validate to the kids that it's tough to be in placement and they have every right to feel sad and angry and to express that they don't want to be there.

It's also very common for kids to try to convince their parents how horrible life is in the group home, either to triangulate between their parents and staff or to try to make their parents feel guilty that they're in placement.

I'm sure that it's not easy for the parents to hear, but these are all very typical behaviors and reactions. The fact that their children aren't happy to have been placed in a group home does not indicate that either it's a bad residence or that their home life was good. 

I really wish these parents would buckle down and do the work to get their kids home and keep them home, rather than blaming the rest of the world for their family's problems.

50 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I work at a group home, and I will tell you that the vast majority of the children we work with would rather be with their parents. It's a very unusual child - no matter how abusive or neglectful their home life may have been - who consistently expresses that they would prefer to be in a group home over being with mom or dad. That's normal, and we validate to the kids that it's tough to be in placement and they have every right to feel sad and angry and to express that they don't want to be there.

It's also very common for kids to try to convince their parents how horrible life is in the group home, either to triangulate between their parents and staff or to try to make their parents feel guilty that they're in placement.

I'm sure that it's not easy for the parents to hear, but these are all very typical behaviors and reactions. The fact that their children aren't happy to have been placed in a group home does not indicate that either it's a bad residence or that their home life was good. 

I really wish these parents would buckle down and do the work to get their kids home and keep them home, rather than blaming the rest of the world for their family's problems.

I agree. I've worked with foster children and they often love and miss their parents although they were severely abused. Nothing she is reporting on FB is all that shocking to me. Of course the kids want to come home. It's all they know. Even if their pen is digging through trash cans and no education. 

10/18/16: Alex has a seizure at (public) school. Tragically, the lack of adequate response by CPS/foster care/school workers could've had devestating consequences on his health.

I'm curious about exactly what was done in response to the seizure, and what response the parents were expecting.

I had a child have a seizure unexpectedly (no known seizure disorder) at the group home while I was leading a shift. I called 911, the paramedics came to get the child, she was checked out at the ER to make sure there was no pressing medical issue, and she was discharged with instructions to follow up with the primary care physician. There wasn't much else that we could do other than monitor the child, because the seizure was over and the test results from the emergency room didn't really indicate anything. The child had another seizure a few days later, we called 911 again, repeat the same procedure - and we were told by the ER doctors to stop calling 911 about it unless there was some type of additional symptom or worsening medical distress, because they had already run all the tests that could be done at the ER and there wasn't really any point. 

It's certainly important to get to the root cause of the seizures, but it has not been my experience that there's really a whole lot of emergency medical follow up that can be done unless there's a clearly visible cause. Follow up generally takes time and more extensive testing than can be done at the ER.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I'm curious about exactly what was done in response to the seizure, and what response the parents were expecting.

I had a child have a seizure unexpectedly (no known seizure disorder) at the group home while I was leading a shift. I called 911, the paramedics came to get the child, she was checked out at the ER to make sure there was no pressing medical issue, and she was discharged with instructions to follow up with the primary care physician. There wasn't much else that we could do other than monitor the child, because the seizure was over and the test results from the emergency room didn't really indicate anything. The child had another seizure a few days later, we called 911 again, repeat the same procedure - and we were told by the ER doctors to stop calling 911 about it unless there was some type of additional symptom or worsening medical distress, because they had already run all the tests that could be done at the ER and there wasn't really any point. 

It's certainly important to get to the root cause of the seizures, but it has not been my experience that there's really a whole lot of emergency medical follow up that can be done unless there's a clearly visible cause. Follow up generally takes time and more extensive testing than can be done at the ER.

At least he's in foster care while he's having these seizures so he will get follow up care. If the parents had custody I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't have gone to the ER much less get follow up testing.

Supposedly, according to her comments, there is a post-seizure plan by a neurologist that was not followed. But no comments on 1) what they think should have been done or 2) what was actually done.  Commetns have morphed from "Specific Neurologist's plan not followed"  to "no proper medical response."

You can't see it, but I'm wearing my skeptical face.

Yeah, I'm wondering exactly what a "post-seizure plan" would look like. I'm not aware of any specific medical followup for seizures other than ensuring the client's safety and comfort, ascertaining the client's level of post-seizure alertness, fully documenting the seizure, and possibly calling the doctor or medical center to notify them if instructed to do so. 

I'm far from a medical expert, so I could be wrong, but I'm not sure what would constitute a "proper medical response" beyond that. The agency I work for has quite a few clients who have seizures, and they are not typically considered a medical emergency unless they are unexpected for that particular person, the person fails to come out of the seizure, or the person becomes injured or swallows vomit during the seizure.

Given that they're anti-vax and the mom's "placenta pill" business, I suspect the "care plan" is some kind of alt-med nonsense that CPs knows is nonsense and not about to waste their time on. 

Just now, QuiverFullOfTacos said:

I notice the parents made sure to mention the seizure happened at a public school

Noticed that as well. As if  the seizure would have never happened if he had never been contaminated by exposure to other people's children.

I notice the parents made sure to mention the seizure happened at a public school.

Oh yes it was definitely the public school that made that poor child have seizures. That's just the way that it works. The poor child is scared, doesn't understand why he can't be with his parents, and they are caring more about their persecution then what he feels.

I wish I could put my finger in the exact crazy with this mom.  I think she loves her children, she really does, but something doesn't connect, but I can't figure out exactly where the short is.  The key, I think, is that the kids have been foraging in trash cans for food in multiple instances, yet she denies it.  Maybe she has depression or narcolepsy or something and is sleeping into oblivion and doesn't notice that kids are up, running around and screaming in the middle of the night. 

1 hour ago, Terrie said:

Given that they're anti-vax and the mom's "placenta pill" business, I suspect the "care plan" is some kind of alt-med nonsense that CPs knows is nonsense and not about to waste their time on. 

I'm with you,  I was assuming she thinks they should have used some kind of essential oil.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived