IGNORED

Push to Stop Brock Turner Launching Speaking Tour on ‘Drinking and Promiscuity’

doggie

This is like Bristol but much worse. 

http://www.mediaite.com/online/push-to-stop-brock-turner-launching-speaking-tour-on-drinking-and-promiscuity-gains-traction/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Still, it looks like Turner’s belief that his and his victim’s consumption of alcohol is to blame for his behavior is something he may be looking to monetize. There was talk during the trial of him launching a speaking tour during which he would visit high schools and give lectures on “drinking and promiscuity,” and now that idea is back in the spotlight.

Today, an open letter went up on Huffington Post that demands an apology from the felon. Ruth Starkman — who teaches at the university where the assault took place, Stanford — penned the piece, “Until Brock Turner Apologizes, He Should Not Be Allowed To Speak On Campuses.” In it, she passionately argued against his defense of “himself by faulting others and using alcohol as an excuse for his actions.”

“Any campus appearance must be conditioned on his taking full responsibility for his actions, apologizing to the victim, and condemning sexual assault,” she asserted.

She’s not alone in believing that he has placed the blame everywhere but where it belongs.

I changed it a few minutes before your post.  Is it still not right?

Just read an article that says there isn't going to be a speaking tour. Rumors. Thank goodness. Although the idea of him standing before crowds, totally vulnerable and defenseless, is appealing.

I know if it were real, there would be some colleges that booked him, but I'm sure there'd be a huge outcry and it'd look horrible for the college.

What an ass! Who in their right mind would think that is acceptable? Way to trigger guilt & rage & helpless & other feelings in all the many, many rape survivors on campuses!

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I changed it a few minutes before your post.  Is it still not right?

you got it I just did not see the change so thanks anyway (G)

wonder if he would survive more then one  attempt. no way his poor little feelings would ever handle the rejection he would get.  

He seems a bit stupid really. Like people have already mentioned above if he does speaking events then he's making a target of himself. Plus literally every thing that he says makes him look like more of a dick so he's not doing himself any favours.

• 3 months later...

Brock Turner is actually local to me (the town he lives in is about 10 miles from my town). I hope I never run into him, because I don't know if I can refrain from punching him right in his stupid, smug, self-absorbed face. I cannot believe that even after being CONVICTED of rape, he's still so clueless that he thinks he did nothing wrong but drink a bit too much. It's people like this that perpetuate the myth that a lot of rapes are just women who got drunk and slept with someone and then regretted it the next day and decided to "cry rape."

Archived