IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, bucherwurm said:

I had a dream that Josh made a brief appearance on the show. I was appalled thinking they said at the beginning of the show that Josh wouldn't be on.

Wonder what they'll do with him at the upcoming wedding?

They'll just edit him out.  For some reason, Josiah was edited out of one of of the other weddings even though he was an usher.  Speculation at the time was that maybe he didn't have a contract with TLC and was past 18.  

I can't get through the episodes anymore.  In the past, I'd DVR them and watch during the commercials of other shows. But I can't even do that now.   Surely the leghumpers are losing interest as well.  How have the ratings been?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

They'll just edit him out.  For some reason, Josiah was edited out of one of of the other weddings even though he was an usher.  Speculation at the time was that maybe he didn't have a contract with TLC and was past 18.  

I can't get through the episodes anymore.  In the past, I'd DVR them and watch during the commercials of other shows. But I can't even do that now.   Surely the leghumpers are losing interest as well.  How have the ratings been?

The ratings are shit, the show is SO BORING. These people do absolutely nothing. I can't imagine how bored they must be. 

On 9/29/2016 at 0:49 AM, candygirl200413 said:

Is broomball a southern thing? I went to college in VA, right near DC and a lot of fraternities do it for rush events and I never heard of it till I went to college.

Also it could just be the editing, but did Ben actually do any coaching? Cause I just saw the retired pros.

I grew up in & went to college in the northeast and played in a broomball intermural league during my freshman year in college. I'm also fairly certain we played in high school too -- I remember playing on a wooden floor and on an ice rink -- the ice rink was definitely college... it's possible the wooden floor games were in college too, I can't really remember.

The ratings are actually pretty solid for the Duggars and other comparable shows. Itsnot as good as it was during Jill and Jessas weddings but I remember seasons of 17 and 18 kac where ratings were consistently between .8-.9 million. Like for several seasons. Sometimes lower. I'm not saying the show is good but theyve had decent  ratings for a network like tlc. 

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

The ratings are actually pretty solid for the Duggars and other comparable shows. Itsnot as good as it was during Jill and Jessas weddings but I remember seasons of 17 and 18 kac where ratings were consistently between .8-.9 million. Like for several seasons. Sometimes lower. I'm not saying the show is good but theyve had decent  ratings for a network like tlc. 

What is it going to take to get this family off the air? In a world that made sense, the molestation scandal would have killed off any future Duggar programs, but they just keep on going, like the Energizer bunny. At least their speaking career seems to be dead, other than at Gothardite programs.

3 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I wonder if JB will insist that Jinger give him a part in the wedding party. He did something for Jessa and Jill both, I seem to recall. For one of them he was the loud mouthed announcer but I don't remember who...

6 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I wonder if JB will insist that Jinger give him a part in the wedding party. He did something for Jessa and Jill both, I seem to recall. For one of them he was the loud mouthed announcer but I don't remember who...

I believe he acted as MC for both wedding rehearsals. But he wasn't part of the wedding party or anything for either of his sisters. 

They could always do that for Jinger's wedding and TLC could just not shoot footage of it.

46 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I believe he acted as MC for both wedding rehearsals. But he wasn't part of the wedding party or anything for either of his sisters. 

They could always do that for Jinger's wedding and TLC could just not shoot footage of it.

there was plenty of both of Jill's and Jessa's that TLC didn't show 

so I bet something will be done with Josh with they are forcing us to seem 

Didn't JB announce at Jill's wedding, "You may now kiss the bride?"

I thought that was so tacky.

13 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I always wondered how no one in the extended family has said anything bad about the family. (JB sister, niece, or even his ex-brother-law, or anyone in Michelle's family).  Maybe in someway they have respect for the family and they don't want to ruin them even more. 

My guess is respect for the children. Any difficulties they'll cause for the parents will make the childrens' lives harder. They wouldn't really be helping the children by also making a public spectacle of their lives.

Seeing Jana this episode provided a bit of insight for me about why she seems to choose to stay unmarried and at home. She clearly has her hands in a lot of products and likes to stay busy. As far as we know no one is making her have that garden or anything. It doesn't seem like her parents would really care either way. Jana was forced into the role of being the mother of all her siblings but she would have been forced into it either way, whether she was miserable during or not. It seems Jana has found a way to adapt her more active, "tomboy" personality into the role she had no choice but to accept. Jana does not seem like she would enjoy being at home doing nothing like many new fundie wives seem to be stuck doing for at least the beginning of the marriage.  Also, it's not likely potential husbands would have the money to fund all of her projects. Sure Boob controls her budget, but she still has a budget available to her to do things like redecorate one of their spare mansions and stuff like that.

Such a shame though. She seems like such a bright, hardworking girl. Also from the way she's described it sounds like she'd be great at running a business or something like that. I hope she has more opportunities for new projects and leadership, even if she stays fundie.

Maybe her and JD can start their own business! 

Thank you @Buzzard for these recaps so I don't actually have to watch this shit. Even though Fiancé keeps downloading the episodes because now he wants to watch it! 

I can forgive them not knowing the different types of pasta.... unless they confuse spaghetti with spaghettini then God help them! Sometimes I wonder if they're encouraged to act stupid for the cameras... I mean, they couldn't even give an answer like "the difference is I prefer x over y"? Ridiculous.

The only thing I know about football is what a quarterback is. That and it seems like all they do is run for 30 seconds then stand around for 10 minutes. But what do I know? (Although I do have to thank the show for one thing. A customer in Oregon is a razorbacks fan so thanks to the show I recognised the pig on the customers hard hat and now score free treats every time I go there. Plus one for me lol.) I'm a hockey fan, the Habs in particular, and I sure as shit wouldn't pretend like I know nothing about my favourite sport. Fiancé doesn't care about hockey at all, but he's picked up on some things about it just by hanging out and watching games on tv with me. I'm sure these girls are familiar with the football terms. God only knows why they think it's attractive to look like idiots on TV. 

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Didn't JB announce at Jill's wedding, "You may now kiss the bride?"

I thought that was so tacky.

Of course it's tacky. The minister/preacher should be the one who says it but JB prides himself on having kept his Rapunzel's so pure and innocent he needs a megaphone to announce they are gonna have their very FIRST kiss. 

I'm radical.  NO ONE should announce it.  The couple may kiss or not as they see fit. 

Haha, I'd rather someone say, "You may now kiss your groom."

I was on Whitney's IG and someone asked (it said she was from Texas in her bio) if she would see Whitney in November for the wedding. It could be for someone else, but I'm wondering if that is Jinger's wedding.

23 hours ago, amandaaries said:

I think the general idea is, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."  Would anyone here even know Flame's name without his Duggar appearance?  

The crazy thing is that Flame is actually a Grammy nominated Christian rapper. I did some research on him, and although I had never heard of him obviously, he's doing really well for himself. He's also not fundie, based on his pants-wearing wife and no horde of children. I don't really know what he gets from being on this show... He's also 35. You can't tell me he's really close friends with Bin. The whole thing is so bizarre that it makes me wonder if TLC hires him occasionally just to bring in a different crowd of christian. 

In regards to the Jana situation, I just find her so sad. She seems to be good at so many things. JD seems pretty chill too actually. He's a hard worker, makes kinda funny jokes sometimes, and seems to not be a total weirdo. I wish those twins could get out. Although, I though Jinge was different, and her courtship has proved otherwise (babe, babe, babeeeee). 

Please report problematic posts without responding to them.  They will be hidden and then people will wonder what happened.  Thanks on behalf of future readers. 

And yes, speculation on sexuality of minors or adult children still at home is strictly forbidden and will result in warnings and potentially other measures.

21 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

What is it going to take to get this family off the air? In a world that made sense, the molestation scandal would have killed off any future Duggar programs, but they just keep on going, like the Energizer bunny. At least their speaking career seems to be dead, other than at Gothardite programs.

While I do find the counting on show like watching paint dry I don't think it would be right to punish the girls for what happened. If they can get a tv deal and that's what they want for themselves and their families then more power to them.

Cancelling a TV show is not punishment.  It's real life.

1 hour ago, pancakes said:

While I do find the counting on show like watching paint dry I don't think it would be right to punish the girls for what happened. If they can get a tv deal and that's what they want for themselves and their families then more power to them.

No one has a "right" to be on TV. TLC does not owe any of the Duggars a contract. The Duggars seem to think that a TV show is going to support them and their respective quivers indefinitely, which is artificially propping up their bloated, unsustainable lifestyles and justifying the limitations places on the kidults' educational and vocational opportunities. The early specials and 19KAC were all based on a monumental lie, namely that the Duggars were a "wholesome" family worth emulating. They used this image to promote Gothardism and to lobby against rights for women and LGBT people. If the Duggar "girls" want to maintain a career in entertainment into the future, they should try actually being entertaining for a change. Competitive pregnancy and childbirth, which is all the Duggars have to offer, is not entertainment.

Of course they not entitled to a tv show, I'm just saying that the other kids shouldn't be banned from being on tv because of scandals caused by the actions of their brother or parents. The show being 'uninteresting' isn't grounds to remove it from the air either. There's plenty of stuff on tv I find boring but that doesn't mean I think it shouldn't be on tv. Although the original shows were essentially based on a lie that's not the fault of the girls who currently have their own show.

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Cancelling a TV show is not punishment.  It's real life.

Agreed, do these kids even know what real life is anymore?

22 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I doubt it. The younger kids from like Jackson on down really don't know what life is like without cameras in their faces.  

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

I am going to say no based on DFOF releasing a video of Jessa curling her hair. 

Like we don't know how to do that. 

Waste of time and space 

Do we really care if her sisters put pins in their hair 

5 hours ago, pancakes said:

it's beyond punishing the girls now.  

The family needs to get rid of the claim that they need to be on the air anymore. It's faded off.   The illusion is gone. 

They are not self depreciating - they are obnoxious woman now using the media.    Posting videos of them curling their hair, or making pasta does not a legacy or ministry make. 

They are fillers and they are acting like fillers.  

Ben joining an already established group and claiming it was all his idea just proof of that. 

I think a lot of this control and being competitive with his children, Jim Bob probably was a total dork growing up. Even older pictures he looks like the typical dweeb who somehow got the Cheerleader (by preying on her insecurities after seeing Terminator 2 or End of days).  I think a lot of how he treats both his older and younger children are a result of being bullied and not being as good as he wants to at sports.  And since Michele completely abdicates any say-so (gotta keep sweet and can't get in the way of him being a MAN)  Jim Bob gets to reign freely with his personal issues.  I'm certain that Jeremy brings back memories of old high school jocks that would probably mercilessly pick on him. 

Sure I may be wrong about his past possibly, but one thing is for sure; he isnt secure in his manhood.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived