IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

6 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

He's loosing some serious control and that is bugging him.  Also Jing kind of has him over a barrel and I think she knows it. If he does anything to try and stop her and Jeremy she can rat him out faster than Josh can type Ashleymadison. 

I think FreeJinger might finally be getting its wish!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I think FreeJinger might finally be getting its wish!

They might, it is only a matter of time before 1 of them wanders off to fundy light or just conservative christiandom.  As more of them reach adulthood we will see a few of them straight up rebel.  I'm interested in what Jed & Jer do when they turn 18 this year, I think there is a possibility there of trouble.  We've seen Boob separate them by sending 1 to Alert and keeping the other at home   My dream is to see one of the kidults date. just say "I'm going out with so and so see ya" 

@allthegoodnamesrgone I'm curious too, but I think I'll be disappointed and those twins will go the way of Joseph & Josiah. At some point though, there's going to be some break away-ers when it comes to courting/dating. JB & Michelle can't shuttle all the kids & kidults to every event together as a unit anymore, and it's harder to keep control of everyone's not in one setting. There's too many kids (and grandkids) to focus on.

On the worry over kids not showing up...NO.

My kids play soccer and hockey, and I coached youth soccer for 3 years. First there's registration. Liability waivers for injury AND now its the law you have to sign an agreement to adhere to concussion protocol. Most programs require a copy of a birth certificate, and sometimes proof of a current physical/immunizations.  So sure TLC, keep treating your viewers like complete idiots. 

Thanks Buzzard for doing the recaps since its not likelyI'll get my cable back soon!I

18 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

I took it as Jana would be the perfect color because she is seemingly "perfect" at everything? or just wants to be perfect in everything. I dunno, maybe I'm giving too much credit to Joseph. 

Hmmmm I wonder who is the smartest Duggar..........

Jana can install lighting, makes amazing banana bread, has a green thumb and can grow anything, can organize parties for 200 plus without breaking a sweat, and is not afraid of bugs. She is also not afraid to help birth a cow. Maybe TLC hopes a somewhat fundie, outdoorsy, DIY guy will see all of this and come a courtin'. They know that the fan base of this show would love a Jana wedding. 

I like to see Jeremy messing with Jim Bob's head, but I think he wants to be on TV. He may love Jinger but he wants to be on TV. It just seems opportunistic, I think he'd like to pastor a big church and what better way than to be on TV. I would not be surprised to see a spinoff show for these two. 

I never watched 19KAC so I haven't seen a Duggar male court anybody. Sounds boring. Thankful that I never saw Josh and Anna's "hand sex". 

On 9/28/2016 at 5:29 PM, Dubiousclaire said:

I must have missed something, where did grandma Dugger move to? I bought I saw a pic of her with cousin Amy not too long ago. Did she flee, or earn her retirement from laundry? 

i second this question - when did grandma move out? or are people just assuming she did because we haven't seen her on camera lately? 

I think it was established that Grandma Mary moved in with Deanna shortly after Deanna filed for divorce. Or did I imagine this? 

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

i second this question - when did grandma move out? or are people just assuming she did because we haven't seen her on camera lately? 

I would imagine she got sick of being another slave and raising Boob's kids.  I think after her husband died it was a nice distraction keeping busy by taking care of the kids and the laundry, but after a few years, I think she realized she was being taken advantage of and moved out.Last year before Amy got married I kept seeing pics of her with Deanna and Amy, a lot of pics. I wonder if she moved in with Deanna, or if she got her own place? 

If anyone is following Amy on Instagram or any of the others things, can't you just ask her if Gramma lives with Deanna? She may not answer, but she just might. *shrug*

4 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Thanks Buzzard for doing the recaps since its not likelyI'll get my cable back soon!I

The eps are all on YouTube...

Just watched this thing. My take on the whole "guest house" thing is that they're hoping if they keep calling the pool house the guest house people will forget that they actually keep their guests in a warehouse.  Also I love how they're talking about living frugally while walking through their giant second home. Nothing says living on a budget like owning multiple mansions! 

As for "Ben's" football camp, how gullible are leghumpers? Like this is very clearly an established organization that Ben had little to do with. I mean as far as I can tell all he did was put together some bags. Also I just watched Adam ruins football so watching kids play football made me sad.

If anyone is curious, awhile back I made a post about the warehouse guest house: 

I think this is the actual guest house since they've referred to it as the guest house in multiple episodes, we've seen guests photographed there, and it's where Ben lived before getting married. 

Ok...this is purely speculation...

Boob and J'Boob "gave" Josh and Anna the little house because they knew Josh was not exactly "trustworthy" and by being in control of where they lived, Boob could attempt to keep Josh on the straight and narrow. Boob again has Josh and Anna under his thumb to try to keep Josh from fucking up again (and to keep Anna from divorcing the Blob's sorry ass). 

Boob moved Bin onto the compound because he knows Jessa is headstrong and what Jessa wants, Jessa gets. Moving Bin onto the compound would make it difficult for Jessa to end the courtship.

Boob "gave" the Dullards the big, fancy house again in an attempt to keep control. DerJill "followed his heart" and took off to Sintral Amerika. 

Now...with JinJer, Boob is finding out he has NO control. Jeremy doesn't seem to be open to the idea of moving to NWA to "plant" a church and Jinger  wants to get the hell off the reservation and Jeremy provides the opportunity. 

It seems that Jana and JD have essentially removed themselves from "the family"...JD has his thing going with the plane, the equipment and maybe the towing business. Jana seems to have made a life for herself outside the dog and pony show and is laying low. 

I foresee some sort of explosion coming...Boob can't continue to control that many adult spawn. 

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

It seems that Jana and JD have essentially removed themselves from "the family"...JD has his thing going with the plane, the equipment and maybe the towing business. Jana seems to have made a life for herself outside the dog and pony show and is laying low. 

I foresee some sort of explosion coming...Boob can't continue to control that many adult

But at the end of the day, without a ring on their fingers they are still prisoners.  No one can wake up on tuesday and say "fuck this, I'm out."  The plane, the equipment, the businesses... they're all in a corp that Boob has the ultimate control over.

Jana will not be thumbing it to Little Rock.  JD will not fly free.

21 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

Bolding is mine; I added it because why doesn't that surprise me? NO ONE is going to upstage JB, prove to be a better player, or allow him to lose, especially not one of his children.  Also refer to: that paintball fight where he was determined to win.

Ha. My dad got really annoyed at JB because JB would get so competitive against children (his own and others) while my dad thought they should just let the kids have fun.

From what I remember my brother got along well with the older Duggar boys, though.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Ha. My dad got really annoyed at JB because JB would get so competitive against children (his own and others) while my dad thought they should just let the kids have fun.

From what I remember my brother got along well with the older Duggar boys, though.

JB's competitiveness with his own sons is fascinating from a psychological perspective.  What the hell is his problem that he sees them as such a threat?  And what exactly went down with his own father to lead to such strange tension and disrespectful behavior on JB's part?  Wheeling him out from his deathbed for the show was just sick and twisted.

Never heard that JB was competitive with other kids, too, though.  Not nearly as surprising as it should be.  The man's raging insecurities are glaringly obvious, but it is especially pathetic that he'd seek to enlarge his own ego by trouncing children in what are supposed to be fun and entertaining games.  

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

But at the end of the day, without a ring on their fingers they are still prisoners.  No one can wake up on tuesday and say "fuck this, I'm out."  The plane, the equipment, the businesses... they're all in a corp that Boob has the ultimate control over.

Jana will not be thumbing it to Little Rock.  JD will not fly free.

But the kids DO have some control. Anyone of them can blow the lid off this crazy family and ruin Boob.  As in let me do what I want or I will go to the press and tell them you are holding me hostage, I'll spill about the abuse, physical emotional and sexual. Spill how checked out MEchelle really is and how neither of them has any interest in raising kids anymore. I guarantee if 1 kid does it a few others will back him or her up and so will Cousin Amy (just to get her face in there) and possibly even Deanna and grandma Duggar.  

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

But the kids DO have some control. Anyone of them can blow the lid off this crazy family and ruin Boob.  As in let me do what I want or I will go to the press and tell them you are holding me hostage, I'll spill about the abuse, physical emotional and sexual. Spill how checked out MEchelle really is and how neither of them has any interest in raising kids anymore. I guarantee if 1 kid does it a few others will back him or her up and so will Cousin Amy (just to get her face in there) and possibly even Deanna and grandma Duggar.  

I always wondered how no one in the extended family has said anything bad about the family. (JB sister, niece, or even his ex-brother-law, or anyone in Michelle's family).  Maybe in someway they have respect for the family and they don't want to ruin them even more. 

While it's nice to think Grandma is no longer in the TTH, the truth is we have nothing other than speculation.  We haven't seen her in the house on the eps and we haven't seen a lot of pictures of her there.  It could mean something, or could not.  The show is theoretically about the kids, we actually see little of JB/M except how it relates to the courting couple.  

As for who lives where?  I don't allow JB to have thought out so well in advance where to put whom.  Josh and Anna got the little house because that's what was available and it was the beginning of the show and there wasn't as much available $$.  I do think Jill got the McMansion because they wanted them to stay close by and she is the preferred child.  It is possible that they were renting out the little house and/or they knew it needed work and the McMansion was already fixed up.  I think they also played out how much of a surprise it was that Jill/D went to CA.  I think JB knew it wouldn't be long before they left and that he could then turn the McMansion around and sell it/ rent it out.  When Jessa got married Jillard was already set up in the McMansion.  So, they had to fix up the little house.  It also made a good idea for an episode.  Jillard is back and needs to go into whatever is available.  She's a preferred child and gets the big house.  I have no idea where the Joshleys are.  That is very intentional on their part.  I do think that they are in yet another rental.  Maybe even Jill's old house.  They are going to make sure we don't find out. 

I have a feeling that the guest house on the property is for when families with other kids, like the Bates, come to visit.  So they can more easily "fellowship".  The other guest house was probably for guests that they wanted to provide nicer accommodations or a little space to.  Or if there was a wedding and they wanted to give out of town family a place to stay.  It looked well stocked and well used in the kitchen.  I'm wondering if Jillard lent them some stuff to use while they were in CA.  That would be more reason for them to get to stay there.   

On 29 September 2016 at 0:48 AM, Mela99 said:

That popping sound you may have just heard was my head blowing up... 

Count me in too!!!

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Exactly.

The fact of the matter is all the kids 18 and older do have a choice - they can choose to stay or they can choose to leave. They may not fully realize that they have the choice and it would be very difficult in some ways - but it is there. 

None of them would have as hard a time leaving as Alecia Pennington did. The Duggars are in the public eye and can't afford more scandals - I highly doubt their parents would hold their identification (i.e. Birth certificate, SS card, etc.) hostage the way the Penningtons did. And I also highly doubt they would risk a public rift between a child and the rest of the family as well. It wouldn't go over well with the general public at all to see them shunning one child who decided to leave, while simultaneously welcoming Joshley back into the fold with open arms. 

Personally, I think that JD and Jana have stayed simply because, for whatever reason, they choose to. And I think that most of the kids will choose to stay as well so long as the pros outweigh any cons.

On 2016-09-27 at 2:51 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Just waiting for them to find a mostly-assimilated (so English-speaking, no accent, in the USA for a long time) Hispanic fundie couple to be their token "LOOK! WE'RE NOT RACISTS!" Bestest Friends in the vein of Flame.

This reminds me: I've been wondering why Flame and his group agreed to be on "Counting On." I can see how Flame enhances the Duggar "brand," but I'm not at all convinced the Duggars (even--or especially--mouth-breathing Bin) enhance Flame's "brand" .

I can't see that Flame's most recent appearance on the show would do much to build his reputation as a Christian rapper. Any association with the Duggars, I feel, makes the person look worse, not better.

What am I missing here? Would appearing on "Counting On" help Flame to sell more music?

38 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

This reminds me: I've been wondering why Flame and his group agreed to be on "Counting On." I can see how Flame enhances the Duggar "brand," but I'm not at all convinced the Duggars (even--or especially--mouth-breathing Bin) enhance Flame's "brand" .

I can't see that Flame's most recent appearance on the show would do much to build his reputation as a Christian rapper. Any association with the Duggars, I feel, makes the person look worse, not better.

What am I missing here? Would appearing on "Counting On" help Flame to sell more music?

I think the general idea is, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."  Would anyone here even know Flame's name without his Duggar appearance?  

I had a dream that Josh made a brief appearance on the show. I was appalled thinking they said at the beginning of the show that Josh wouldn't be on.

Wonder what they'll do with him at the upcoming wedding?

7 minutes ago, bucherwurm said:

I had a dream that Josh made a brief appearance on the show. I was appalled thinking they said at the beginning of the show that Josh wouldn't be on.

Wonder what they'll do with him at the upcoming wedding?

I'm guessing that he'll be there, but won't be featured prominently. They may attempt to hide him in group shots or film around him. Highly doubt he'll be in any THs or be shown speaking on camera at all.

I would actually love to see Josh on the show, doing a contrite TH.  I think it would be more real than what they are peddling as reality.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived