IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jinger cannot be that ignorant about pasta... She had been shown on camera grocery shopping... All you have to do is glance at the packages and you would know at least a few different noodle shapes. And I would think baked ziti would be a common big family dinner... easy to make a big pan. 

And I agree about the football terms...I watch maybe 30 minutes a week and I knew all of the terms. They have to know at least some of them. 

It angers me that they think (taught) playing dumb is attractive. I wanted to smack those girls. 

And the fake drama over not knowing how many kids would show up to the camp. B!tch please.... every camp my kids ever attended required prior sign up, payment, and signed waivers. 

@Buzzard, that video was awesome.  I want to see Bin rapping that in an upcoming episode!

The show last night was same as always.  I do love all the questions making the Duggars look dumb as a box of rocks.  They don't know what linguini or baked ziti is??  They need an intervention.  I'm not surprised that they didn't know the football terms.  Anyone else remember the baseball game they went to years ago?  JB had to do a 30 second lecture on what it is/how it's played.  WTF.  This shit kills me.  They had so many sheltered kids and while it's not the end of the world, not learning simple American cultural items like baked ziti and baseball just show how they don't expose their kids to anything different.  Meanwhile they can make effing TTC and homemade detergent in their sleep.  (Although they haven't needed to do either in about 8 yrs). 

Eh, I can give them a pass on the football terms. I grew up in WI where everyone lives and breathes Packers. At one point as a child I had those team pendants all over my wall, packer comforter, packer mittens and gloves, packer jacket, and of course a cheese head. I've watched many games (have attended only 1) and I still couldn't tell you what a 2 point conversion is. I didn't even know that was a thing. As a kid I watched the games because that's what my parents were watching and it was cool to support the state team. I now mostly watch the games to be social...I usually really don't know what is going on and most people don't want to sit and explain every play while they're watching. My husband is not a sports guy either so no help there. Doesn't mean I still won't cheer on the Packers and hope for another superbowl win. 

16 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

As someone who married into an Italian family - those pasta comments offend me on a deeply personal level. :pb_lol:

That popping sound you may have just heard was my head blowing up... 

16 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Counting on - Bin getting hit in the face with balls - Part 2

my inner 12-year-old is still laughing hysterically over this.  thank you!!

16 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

So there are no at risk girls in AR? Oh yes, girls are just there to served the boys. And seriously? I'm English, and I know what a 2 point conversion is.

Didn't see anything about it being for at risk kids or a ministry.

I think Jeremy wanting to be a pastor may figure into this. It's for him to talk about.

I was going to point this out.
This episode sounds even lamer than last week and that's hard to do.

BinBinBinBinBin. Isn't he studying to be a preacher, too? Ga! He and JeremyV could have a church together! New Reality Show! Ga!

I cannot believe I am watching this show.   So incredibly boring.   Ben's talking heads about the football camp?   BORRRRRRR - INNNNGGGG and FAKE.  FAKE   FAKE   FAKE.  And like other posters have said - "at-risk" kids?  At risk of what?  Being bored?  

I'm cleaning the kitchen so I'm multi-tasking at least.    And I need to STEP AWAY from the political news.  So relying on this mind numbing show to help get my mind off that stuff.  

WTF -  that is a "GUEST HOUSE"?   I think of that term as like, a little cottage, etc.   That's a BIG house.   Yes, outdated inside, but still big and nice.  Whoa.   Must be rough to be an adult married couple w/a kid and just have a big house fall into your lap when you arrive home from your fake-ass mission trip.

Blergh.   Blah.  This show just can't go on for another year.  It's SO boring.  

Seriously why the hell does Jill always get some freaking huge mansion to live in when she blows into town for a few months?! Meanwhile Benessa is stuck in the small ass house and Anna's kids have what exactly? That's seems a little unfair. I mean none of them deserve a free house but I don't get why Jill seems so favored. 

Wait...Joseph said if Jana were a color she'd be "the perfect color?" Wat?

I believe the girls when they don't know everything about football. I love watching football and some of the terms are lost on me occasionally as well.

I can't believe they let Ben pretend to coach for a day. I wonder if any of the parents will be annoyed their kids are being passed off as "at risk" on national television?

53 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Seriously why the hell does Jill always get some freaking huge mansion to live in when she blows into town for a few months?! Meanwhile Benessa is stuck in the small ass house and Anna's kids have what exactly? That's seems a little unfair. I mean none of them deserve a free house but I don't get why Jill seems so favored. 

Maybe Jessa and Ben are fine with a smaller place for now. Didn't Jessa say something once about how a smaller house means less time cleaning? Plus, when the Dills married Derick had an Accounting job with Walmart. Meaning that he would have been able to more easily afford any bills they may have been responsible for. We don't know how much money Ben makes working with Boob, but it probably isn't the sane amount that Derick might have made with Walmart. 

And I'm guessing they keep the guest house open for visiting guests. I mean, think about the size of the families that probably visit them at times - they aren't likely to fit into Ben and Jessa's two bedroom place. 

As for Smuggar and his family, it's possible they're keeping them very close by because Josh has proven himself unworthy of trust. We still don't know where they're living - it's possible they're in another house or they're living in the TTH

31 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

As for Smuggar and his family, it's possible they're keeping them very close by because Josh has proven himself unworthy of trust. We still don't know where they're living - it's possible they're in another house or they're living in the TTH

We havent really established who is living in grandma's room.  Its completely possible that the M'kids are in the dorms and Joshly and Anna are in the room off the laundry.

We havent really established who is living in grandma's room.  Its completely possible that the M'kids are in the dorms and Joshly and Anna are in the room off the laundry.

That would seriously suck for Jana. I mean, sharing a bedroom with your 6/7/8-year-old sisters is bad enough, but throwing a 1-year-old niece into the mix would be even worse.

I must have missed something, where did grandma Dugger move to? I bought I saw a pic of her with cousin Amy not too long ago. Did she flee, or earn her retirement from laundry? 

44 minutes ago, alba said:

That would seriously suck for Jana. I mean, sharing a bedroom with your 6/7/8-year-old sisters is bad enough, but throwing a 1-year-old niece into the mix would be even worse.

True, but sadly it's all Jana knows.

Tvbythenumbers has them back in the top 100 last night, but they are also back under a million viewers (998).  I'm guessing heavy engagement teasing for next week is about to happen.

I honestly think "counting clouds" would get higher ratings.

23 hours ago, nst said:

It looks like gone are the days where Michelle and JB hover over a computer with the courting girl. 

Wonder if Jinge was alone in the room :D

I suspect part of this has to do with the same reasons that the Bates have gotten "less strict". IBLP/fundieism worked for these families. It's a bit of a carrot/stick thing, I think. They don't have to be as strict about policing the kidaults media intake or social interactions (though I am sure they are still plenttyyyy strict and part of the rationale seems to be that the camera crew is now accountability buddy enough (they said as much to Jessa at one point I think?)) because they're famous and provided for. They see this as God's blessing on their family, just like IBLP promised them. Unlike a kid who is stuck in a 3 bedroom home with 15 other kids eating beans and rice every day, the Duggar and Bates kidults have much less reason to call out IBLP bullshit because from their perspective they lived a Godly fundie life and have been rewarded. 

Part of it is obviously also a need for some level of normalcy for the kids on the show, but I think people do underestimate the ways that control and manipulation operate in a family/intimate dynamic. If there is enough carrot, you need less stick. You'll still use some, to remind the kids of the big scary evil world (Joshley), but if the kids think you've got the keys to success and eternal life and Godly favor, they'll have less incentive to look to the evil scary world anyway. 

So my point being, since Jinger has a little less incentive to do naughty things on webcam with Jeremy, they can be a little more lax. BUT, I always had the impression that in fundie circles, the more like given to sin/lust that a young person is, the quicker they get married once they start courting. So part of me wonders if Jinger is getting married off quick because they don't think she has the self control she needs to stay pure (or whatever).

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Wait...Joseph said if Jana were a color she'd be "the perfect color?" Wat?

I've always had a soft spot for Joseph.  He seems like a very nice young man...but has never struck me as one of the brighter Duggars.

I never watched 19KAC religiously (har har har) so I must have missed the episode when they redecorated the girls' room.  I remember the ep when they moved into the TTH and that fancy interior decorator paid by TLC did the trees and shit on the walls... what made them cover it up?  Anyone have a link?

7 minutes ago, montyollie said:

I never watched 19KAC religiously (har har har) so I must have missed the episode when they redecorated the girls' room.  I remember the ep when they moved into the TTH and that fancy interior decorator paid by TLC did the trees and shit on the walls... what made them cover it up?  Anyone have a link?

I think it was partially to create a storyline for the show and maybe TLC people snooping on here realized that some people think it's weird for a 20something year old woman to be in  a bedroom painted like it's meant for a toddler.

9 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

The Seewalds are part of a homeschool coop.  I think in some places homeschoolers can play on their local highschool sports teams.

We homeschool, and my daughter participates on the local ice hockey team that is associated with the local high school.  (And a few of her homeschooled friends participate in other various sports and/or music courses.)

33 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

I think it was partially to create a storyline for the show and maybe TLC people snooping on here realized that some people think it's weird for a 20something year old woman to be in  a bedroom painted like it's meant for a toddler.

I know it was when Jillymuffin was still preggo and Jessa was just married I believe. The bedroom looks 1000% better now without the little kiddy painting. 

On 9/27/2016 at 8:47 PM, Buzzard said:

Counting On -  BABE and more balls - part 3

Shots of broomball in the older episodes - jana in a skirt.

Jessa TH - I loved broomball and when i was 15 I lost interest in sports.

Jessa said "I loved broomball. And then when I was like, 15 I just kind of lost interest in most sports. And preferred other things so.  That kind of ended my sports days."

And I heard "I loved broomball. And then when I was like, 15, my parents sat me down and told me that sports are fine for girls but not for women, so. That kind of ended my sports days."

17 minutes ago, shesinsane said:

Jessa said "I loved broomball. And then when I was like, 15 I just kind of lost interest in most sports. And preferred other things so.  That kind of ended my sports days."

And I heard "I loved broomball. And then when I was like, 15, my parents sat me down and told me that sports are fine for girls but not for women, so. That kind of ended my sports days."

No elaboration on what "other things" she preferred? Hair and makeup?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived