IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 3

samurai_sarah

Ehhh I don't know why would tlc/JB be pandering to us? That theory seems kind of far fetched tbh. I don't think Jeremy is some amazing savior that is actually going to free jinger, but I see some sort of good signs in the right direction. I do wonder why any sane person would want to mix with this train wreck. But maybe he really did jay fall in love with her. She's a likable chick 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nst said:

I think Jinge will be in severe shock living in that little apartment not going outside waiting for Jeremy.

Let's hope Laredo is not as scary as Sintral America.

5 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Let's hope Laredo is not as scary as Sintral America.

Well Laredo is on the border and about 95% Latino/Hispanic so they're still going to have to deal with scary brown people. Jinger better stop making eyes and Jeremy and brush up on her Spanish

3 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Ehhh I don't know why would tlc/JB be pandering to us? That theory seems kind of far fetched tbh. I don't think Jeremy is some amazing savior that is actually going to free jinger, but I see some sort of good signs in the right direction. I do wonder why any sane person would want to mix with this train wreck. But maybe he really did jay fall in love with her. She's a likable chick 

I'm with you, I feel like TLC is pandering more to leghumpers tbh. Jeremy's not all that pure or golden but they seem to be very selective when discussing his past. I'm more likely to believe that they're trying to please the die-hard fans and fellow fundie audiences more so than us. Just my opinion though.

Thank you all for sparing me the pain of watching - not that season two is airing down under yet - but Meowman refuses to let this be shown in our home.

12 hours ago, nst said:

Ben needs hangerons - Jeremy was a hangeron - he is now becoming family.  He may be more established than Ben - but Ben sees something in Jeremy that he can use.  Plain and simple. 

I think this is more like it.  Ben clings to flame, to the football coach, now to Jeremy.  Ben likes to suck himself next to people that already have a niche in an attempt to find his own.

9 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Well Laredo is on the border and about 95% Latino/Hispanic so they're still going to have to deal with scary brown people. Jinger better stop making eyes and Jeremy and brush up on her Spanish

95.6% Latino/Hispanic, to be exact![ http://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/4841464] Jinger indeed needs to brush up on her Spanish. I wonder how Jeremy's Spanish is, and what the ethnic makeup is of his congregation?

45 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think this is more like it.  Ben clings to flame, to the football coach, now to Jeremy.  Ben likes to suck himself next to people that already have a niche in an attempt to find his own.

and don't forget this 'football coach" was Josh's trainer so he is already ingrained to the Duggars 

Whew, just watched it. Not sure why I bothered - the recaps were WAY more interesting. This show cannot be long for this world - it is just painful.

I have to wonder, if this series is canceled what will take the place for snarking? I don't imagine the sporadic news on them will be enough to make many comments on. There is a love/hate issue here. If it indeed is cancelled so is the subject matter, IMHO.

57 minutes ago, sansan said:

I have to wonder, if this series is canceled what will take the place for snarking? I don't imagine the sporadic news on them will be enough to make many comments on. There is a love/hate issue here. If it indeed is cancelled so is the subject matter, IMHO.

I've wondered the same thing. As harmful as I think the Duggar show is, it does fuel our discussions much more than their website or an Instagram account. Their show would be good, though, to play in continuous loop for those arrested for plotting against the US!

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Snip

Ben likes to suck himself next to people that already have a niche in an attempt to find his own.

Great observation! I forget how young he is and that when I was that age I was trying on new identities every other month. He is trying to find himself through others, however I feel you should focus on this pre-marriage and kids because it can create instability at home, but ymmv on that. 

I sometimes think we underestimate the whole church-family thing. For some the 'brother and sister in Christ' concept translates into very quick friendships and professions of love/trust for one another. (This is how abuse in religious groups becomes so common in my mind - you just assume someone is a good person because they go to church a lot.) Ben and Flame both said they loved the other during the episode, but I think it only lasts as long as the show.

On Jana - I think she wants someone like her twin, but not in a creepy way. She just wants those qualities she ascribed to JD during the pre-plane ride TH. I feel twins are always closer than the other siblings and for Jana and JD this results in them looking for similar characteristics to one another. I also, sadly, see the tree-house and garden as her settling in for long-haul and accepting she won't be leaving the TTH anytime soon.

I "need" to watch to the show, but I have some thoughts:

1. I believe Jinger and Jeremy will live in Texas, but they will still be apart of the Duggar/TLC circus.  Jinger will maybe become more "fundie lite"(I honestly think most of the kidults will become "fundie lite") She may even start wearing pants!!!!!! I don't think there will be major changes in her belief system. Look at what Jeremy preaches. I think she'll be pregnant before spring. 

2. I think it's very likey that the Jeremy vs JB storyline is staged(or overblown). As I've said before, nothing I've seen off camera makes me think a.) Jeremy wil be a problem for the Duggars and b.) Jeremy will "free" Jinger. 

3. TLC might have ordered Jeremy and Jinger to keep their wedding details a secret. 

4. I'm slightly surprised at the ratings. I will say that Jessa's 2nd pregnancy announcement got more likes on social media than Jinger's engagement announcement(I'm mostly on twitter). I can see TLC cancelling the show and giving the Duggars specials. Don't most TLC shows get poor ratings? TLC is a mess( except "90 Day Fiance":tw_heart:)

I think the above poster is right about Jana. She wants someone like JD. I think all throughout their lives she has seen her brother as a good person. Josh was the king nothing he did was wrong in the eyes of their parents. JD was second fiddle and kind of was in the background and somewhat quiet so she wants nice a quiet guy. 

2 hours ago, Kira said:

I "need" to watch to the show, but I have some thoughts:

1. I believe Jinger and Jeremy will live in Texas, but they will still be apart of the Duggar/TLC circus.  Jinger will maybe become more "fundie lite"(I honestly think most of the kidults will become "fundie lite") She may even start wearing pants!!!!!! I don't think there will be major changes in her belief system. Look at what Jeremy preaches. I think she'll be pregnant before spring. 

2. I think it's very likey that the Jeremy vs JB storyline is staged(or overblown). As I've said before, nothing I've seen off camera makes me think a.) Jeremy wil be a problem for the Duggars and b.) Jeremy will "free" Jinger. 

3. TLC might have ordered Jeremy and Jinger to keep their wedding details a secret. 

4. I'm slightly surprised at the ratings. I will say that Jessa's 2nd pregnancy announcement got more likes on social media than Jinger's engagement announcement(I'm mostly on twitter). I can see TLC cancelling the show and giving the Duggars specials. Don't most TLC shows get poor ratings? TLC is a mess( except "90 Day Fiance":tw_heart:)

Just a minor observation -

Wearing pants does not mean someone is leaving IBLP or fundiedom. Some of the stricter families - such as the Duggars and Bates - follow the super strict "skirts/dresses" only rule. Other families - such as the Websters and Salyers - aren't as strict about dress code and let the females wear pants. All those families are Fundie through and through though.

I think it gets confusing because there isn't really a set definition for what Fundie actually means on here. To me, it refers less to physical appearance and more to how rigid a worldview someone has. So a pants wearing woman who believes the Bible is literal and that women are always subservient to men would be Fundie to me, while a woman who only wears skirts who believes in gender equality and is open minded about religious issues wouldn't be.

As for JinJer - I get why people have hope, but I think you're likely right. I don't think the relationship would have gotten this far if he was actually a major threat to Boob or their ideology. They may not agree on everything and may not be best buddies - but they don't really need to as long as Jeremy has similar enough world views to her father.

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

All the talk of Bin being a cling-on makes me giggle. My new nickname for him is Bin Dingleberry, or maybe Bingleberry.

Sorry I've been gone so long but my Gods I cannot pass this up. Sorry Jinge, but this is how you call someone babe. Lol (Hiccstrid ftw)

As for this last episode, I think JB is REALLY unhappy Jeremy isn't kowtowing to his demands about Jinger staying in Arkansas. Did anyone else catch that picture of the siblings watching them like a hawk in the little flashback? Yeah Duggars you sure do trust your kids don't ya. :roll:

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_n831ces5ov1s48lrd.gif

On 9/25/2016 at 10:03 PM, MsSaylor said:

TLC or whoever is producing the show clearly reads sites like this and others.  There are lots of examples of how something is discussed a ton in social media and then suddenly there is something in an episode that has that 'FU Internetz" feel.  The FreeJinger site is pretty well known by the people following and involved in the show.  It has been referenced by some tabloids also, as has Pickles FB page and Defaming the Duggars.

My point is that it TLC very likely knows that many people who don't much like the Duggars, still have had a soft spot for Jinger.  They know that many hoped that Jinger would be rescued from the craziness by someone outside of the cult who could help her live her dream of living in a city, and possibly pursuing her photography etc.  

And so perhaps by chance, or perhaps by opportunity,  enter the tall somewhat handsome Jeremy who gets filmed in a way to subtly demonstrate that he isn't buying JimBob's bullshit hook, line and sinker.  They knew the jinger sympathizers who hate watch as well as the fans of the show would enjoy seeing a hint of someone with slightly different ideas take on the Duggars. 

People have posted pictures of Jeremy from over the past year or two attending Duggar events.  He didn't just fall off the turnip truck in front of the TTH.  He has been socializing with the family for awhile now.  He is no more suprised at Jimbob's crazy courtship 'rules' than you or I.  And as far as him not asking JB's permission to marry Jinger,  this is all pre-arranged.  From the moment we had to endure JB stuffing his mouth with a chocolate muffin while he and Jeremy made a transaction for Jinger's life,  this has been set in stone. 

The fact that Jeremy hints at a slightly new breath of fresh air is the fuel for this season.  This is scripted.

Now, having said that, it doesn't mean that Jeremy doesn't also actually feel that way.  He may be playing along for the show, but he may also quietly feel that JB and M are assholes for any variety of reasons.  He may truly see himself as someone who will help Jinger grow.  I don't know.  That would be nice if true, but right now his true motivation for joining this sad little circus is still not fully transparent. 

7 hours ago, calimojo said:

People have posted pictures of Jeremy from over the past year or two attending Duggar events.  He didn't just fall off the turnip truck in front of the TTH.  He has been socializing with the family for awhile now.  He is no more suprised at Jimbob's crazy courtship 'rules' than you or I.  And as far as him not asking JB's permission to marry Jinger,  this is all pre-arranged.  From the moment we had to endure JB stuffing his mouth with a chocolate muffin while he and Jeremy made a transaction for Jinger's life,  this has been set in stone. 

If he is SOOOOOO close with BIn, was he at the wedding?

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If he is SOOOOOO close with BIn, was he at the wedding?

must have been in the background somewhere -but I don't remember seeing him.  The only time in concrete i remember seeing him was the baby shower.  But he was with Ben for a long time before that if you were up to watching Ben's "videos" 

On 27.9.2016 at 6:43 AM, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Sorry I've been gone so long but my Gods I cannot pass this up. Sorry Jinge, but this is how you call someone babe. Lol (Hiccstrid ftw)As for this last episode, I think JB is REALLY unhappy Jeremy isn't kowtowing to his demands about Jinger staying in Arkansas. Did anyone else catch that picture of the siblings watching them like a hawk in the little flashback? Yeah Duggars you sure do trust your kids don't ya. :roll:

Spoiler

It wouldn't surprise me if JB and Michelle think that all the kidults need to stay on the compound, lest Satan build a fortress in their hearts (granted, Josh had his first AM account in Arkansas, but we all know facts play no role at the TTH). Even before the AM revelations, they were skeptical about Josh moving to DC. The entire Duggar way of life is essentially communal in nature and no one can have an independent identity.

15 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if JB and Michelle think that all the kidults need to stay on the compound, lest Satan build a fortress in their hearts (granted, Josh had his first AM account in Arkansas, but we all know facts play no role at the TTH). Even before the AM revelations, they were skeptical about Josh moving to DC. The entire Duggar way of life is essentially communal in nature and no one can have an independent identity.

which is just scary beyond belief to me.   It's a cult - yet no one sees it - is beyond me.

Independent Identities are a good thing

On 27.9.2016 at 6:43 AM, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Sorry I've been gone so long but my Gods I cannot pass this up. Sorry Jinge, but this is how you call someone babe. Lol (Hiccstrid ftw)As for this last episode, I think JB is REALLY unhappy Jeremy isn't kowtowing to his demands about Jinger staying in Arkansas. Did anyone else catch that picture of the siblings watching them like a hawk in the little flashback? Yeah Duggars you sure do trust your kids don't ya. :roll:

Spoiler

Astrid! And she's saying "babe" in a non-annoying fashion. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Astrid! And she's saying "babe" in a non-annoying fashion. :pb_lol:

She's also been allowed to be around Hiccup and bond with him so she doesn't have to cling to him when saying it and look all doe-eyed. Then again anyone who tried to push those stupid courtship rules on her would end up at the end of her axe. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived