IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 4

samurai_sarah

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I hope that this pregnancy goes well for her. I'm not surprised, but hoping this time will be the last (given her age and spacing).

My thoughts as well. Does anyone know how old Melanie actually is?

2 hours ago, Hembie said:

I'm not surprised by this news but I'm concerned that she's putting her health at risk. Is Melanie the same age as Nathan? That would make her 38 or 39. 

Melanie is older than Nathan, she turned 41 in early September and he turns 40 at some point this year (all I have for him is a year).

Name guesses: Eli/Elijah, Enoch, Esther, Elizabeth

Melanie is 41 this month. I'm not sure the actual date, though, just month and year. She's about a year old than Nathan, who turned 40 sometime this year. 

I truly hope this is her last pregnancy.  She looks really, really tired in that photo.

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

Melanie is 41 this month. I'm not sure the actual date, though, just month and year. She's about a year old than Nathan, who turned 40 sometime this year. 

Her birthday is September 7th.

It won't be by her choice if it is. 

We care more about her health and comfort level than She and/or husband do.That much is glaringly obvious. So if she does not care why should we feel  bad for her? Save the worrying for her kids I say. 

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

Her birthday is September 7th.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I truly hope this is her last pregnancy.  She looks really, really tired in that photo.

Yeah, I agree. And just very skinny. When people were thinking a couple months ago she was pregnant, I didn't believe it because she seemed so slender, but they were right. I really hope this goes okay for her and the baby. 

If this is her last pregnancy (please oh please!), I kind of hope it's another boy. So there's no chance of the only son being worshipped and four little girls possibly feeling rather resentful.

2 minutes ago, AliC said:

If this is her last pregnancy (please oh please!), I kind of hope it's another boy. So there's no chance of the only son being worshipped and four little girls possibly feeling rather resentful.

If they have another boy. Both of them could be worshipped because they are boys & the girls could still be resentful.  

Now that Melanie is pregnant for the 7th time in 10 years I'm bestowing the nickname Wonder Woman on her because of her prego issues and her uterus is becoming overworked like Mullet Duggars

On 9/14/2016 at 11:46 PM, Elegant Mess said:

Had to add Forgotten Jesse!

aka "Who is He" Maxwell.

What? Melanie is preggo? I'm so annoyed! I thought Drew was her last... A big FU to all of those who say they're less extremist and they are as fundie as can be. I hope she never gets pregnant again for the sake of the kids.

It's so weird reading Nathan's descriptions of the kids. I think he thinks that because they are being raised in a home where Jesus is the focus they won't act like regular kids 

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I think Obviously Ethan  is the most obvious boy name to use now and Esther, maybe nicknamed Essie for a girl. Well and Elizabeth of course.  Eve is out naturally and the rest of the bible female E names are to far out their or old fashioned ... Euodia?  Eunice? 

I don't know if they'd use Elizabeth because it's Ruthie's middle name. They may do, of course. 

They've given the ABC girls virtues/Christian values as middle names (Hope, Faith, Mercy- mercy is not actually listed as one of the seven virtues). They could use Prudence or Charity if it's another girl. Or do a Bates and use Justice or Courage for a girl or a boy (although they seem more a strong manly name. Not trying to be sexist btw, just that they're virtues more prized in a boy than a girl in fundieland).

I remember posting on here back in July that I thought she was pregnant (based on the pictures from Daniel's birth) but I was really hoping to be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I don't know if they'd use Elizabeth because it's Ruthie's middle name. They may do, of course. 

They've given the ABC girls virtues/Christian values as middle names (Hope, Faith, Mercy- mercy is not actually listed as one of the seven virtues). They could use Prudence or Charity if it's another girl. Or do a Bates and use Justice or Courage for a girl or a boy (although they seem more a strong manly name. Not trying to be sexist btw, just that they're virtues more prized in a boy than a girl in fundieland).

They also used Joy, which isn't one of the 7 virtues. I could see them using Grace, even if it's Calia's middle name. Maybe Patience or Felicity?

My heart goes out to every woman, like Melanie, for whom pregnancy seems to be an especially arduous or risky undertaking. I can't quite wrap my head around a 41 year old in that position who is also feels obliged to homeschool four lively youngsters.  At least the Maxwells don't seem averse to professional medical care.  Good luck to Melanie and her baby. 

I try not to comment much on appearance, but Melanie does not have a joyful pregnancy glow. I don't mean that unkindly--I truly wish her the best for a safe and healthy delivery. That said, for the sake of her health, I hope this will be her last pregnancy.

Nathan. Oh, Nathan. He really doesn't sound too excited to add another kid to the mix. He whines about how "real" it is to raise four children. His kids are unpredictable and things that work with other children didn't work with his kids. One of his kids reneged on the deal to be potty trained and continued to wet the bed after receiving their prize. Another had to learn diligence while working at her schoolwork, but hey, she can do it now with minimal assistance, which is the ultimate homeschool success story, right?

Why talk about the negatives of child rearing when sharing the happy baby news? Even when he tries to extol the virtues of his children he is lackluster: Abby is capable and loves serving; Bethany is a freedom loving hoyden who wants flexibility and takes forever with washing the dishes; Andrew is always sweaty and wet and likes to destroy the air conditioning. He also has "diaper issues". OK, I'm paraphrasing, but not by much.

Christina, however, is a horse of a different color. Sometimes only daddy can connect with her. They are heart buddies! She reminds him of Melanie, and he thinks that maybe that's why he likes her, because otherwise why on earth would he have a connection with this child?   Too bad for the other children who aren't carbon copies of mommy. 

He does give the typical lip service of saying they are blessed, they love their lives, they are grateful for the challenges, etc.

The quote he uses to close the post makes me see red since we know about the hell Melanie's pregnancies put her through:

“Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine
by the sides of thine house:
thy children like olive plants
round about thy table.”
Psalm 128:3 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

They also used Joy, which isn't one of the 7 virtues. I could see them using Grace, even if it's Calia's middle name. Maybe Patience or Felicity?

Chris and Anna used Joy for Lydia's middle name (though that was in dedication to Susannah since Lydia was born in between her birth and death anniversaries), so them also "borrowing", if you will, a name from another sibling is probably no problem. Soooo many girls' names go with Grace, too.

The comments are beginning to roll in. Whoever responded to Nicole is either bad at lying or simply very forgetful--Nathan and Melanie DID find out Andrew's sex. He's the only one of the grandkids to have had it revealed ahead of time. Also, there's a Kim C. down lower in the comments. Don't think it's THAT Kim C. (Kim Coghlan), but interesting if it is!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived