IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 4

samurai_sarah

15 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

He also refuses to spell out words like drugs, abortion, adultery etc like he thinks a huge lightning bolt will appear out of the sky and smite him down if he does. What's the fucking point, Steve? Everyone KNOWS what words you mean. 

I thought in some of the Memorial Day blog posts he did spell out the word abortion? Back when they included babies that had been aborted in their Memorial Day posts until someone finally got it through his thick head that it was tasteless to compare them to soldiers who died fighting for our country? 

Maybe I'm mistaken. This is the same guy that can't say deviled eggs and has to substitute it with picnic eggs. 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen the latest post up. Melanie is pregnant again OMG - has this woman a death wish

? Were her other pregnancies not dangerous enough without risking her life again!!

2 minutes ago, Fluffles said:

Has anyone seen the latest post up. Melanie is pregnant again OMG - has this woman a death wish

? Were her other pregnancies not dangerous enough without risking her life again!!

Oh Lord. Can't say I'm hugely shocked or surprised but given how her previous pregnancies have gone...

I was just coming to share the joyful Maxwell news.

No surprise. Still overwhelming disgusted with these people.

Nathan's descriptions of his children are just as cold as everyone else's. I am so fucking glad I am not a Maxwell.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:24 AM, FloraDoraDolly said:

<snip>

And also because he might get teamed up with a female EMT. Steve has issues about men and women working together.

what a %$#@ing tool.  yes, you, Steve.

I know it's been said a thousand times already, but Steve is a douchebag.  ok, back to the discussion.

...wait, what? O_O

I'm not really surprised, but I'm still a little taken aback, I guess. I was beginning to think they were done having kids, voluntarily or involuntarily we probably would've never known. Melanie just seemed so happy lately, and I figured that was from not having to deal with pregnancy, which in the seven times she's been pregnant previously, all have been pretty hard and tiring for her. This one appears to be no exception. And Drew had turned two years old a couple of months ago with no baby announcement yet from them. But judging from Melanie's bump and the due date being March 6th, she must've already been pregnant by then and is almost halfway through with it. I suppose that even if they seem a little less strict with some things than Chris and NR Anna, they're still as Quiverfull as ever. *sigh*

So what do y'all think this one might be, a Benjamin or a Deborah? And do any of you think Elissa still might be pregnant? I still think she might be and is waiting to announce since she waited last time.

9 minutes ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

If they follow with their alphabetical tradition, the next baby should be an E, right?

Edward, Enid, Emily...?

I'm not really sure. Drew's full first name is Andrew, so I'm thinking Nate and Mel wanted to start the alphabet over for the boys if they have more than one, but also wanted to give him the nickname Drew so he still falls in alphabetical order with his sisters if they never have any more kids. That kind of complicates the name theme.

Regardless of the fact that they really shouldn't be having another baby, they also shouldn't feel the need to carry on the alphabet theme. Their first child Susannah never even fit the pattern. 

Watch, they're probably going to pick an entirely different name now that I brought it up. Hi Steve!

It's sad to see that Bethany loves freedom and flexibility. You aren't going to get any in MaxHell, kid.

Why are they using such weird photos of Bethany and Christina where you can barely see their faces?? 

The last sentence of Christina's paragraph is kinda creepy.

Since I happen to like the Melanie personality pretty well (enough to marry it!), Christina and I getting along well is a natural. Maybe we’re both right.

:?

And Andrew is a little boy, you guys!!! Who knew??? Ok I think i know what he means, but holy awkward phrasing Batman. 

I hope that this pregnancy goes well for her. I'm not surprised, but hoping this time will be the last (given her age and spacing).

Did I read right that they have been to build a bear? or were they writing about what other families do? We don't have a local build a bear but when we had visited the downtown SLC location they gave my daughter's bear a free bear size book of Mormon each time. It was one of the reasons besides the cost we only went there a few times.  Do they give Bibles out at other locations? I thought maybe that is why the Maxwell would consider build a bear.

@silverspoons, when we've been to Build-A-Bear, my granddaughters didn't get Bibles even though we live in the Bible Belt.  Giving out bear-sized Books of Mormon is just plain weird.  Do they expect the bears to read them?

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I don't understand why Melanie & Nathan are having another child! Can't they be happy with the 4 kids they already have. 

Not happy enough, apparently, to forego gam_li_g with her life, the life of the fetus, and the chance that the other 4 kids wll get to grow up with their mother.

@silverspoons @PennySycamore I've never seen little Bibles given out at other Build-a-Bears either. That's kind of bizarre that the SLC location would give out Books of Mormon while no other locations give out books, as far as I know. I don't think Build-a-Bear is explicitly a Mormon company or even a Christian or religious company. I looked through the clothes and accessories for bears on the website and while there is a Mormon missionary outfit, there's also a sash that says "Mazel Tov!" that bears can wear.

I'm not too surprised at Nathan taking the kids to Build-a-Bear. As I said, he seems a little more willing than Christopher to allow his kids to dip their toes in worldly f*n, but will never fully step away from the lifestyle his father dictates.

30 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@silverspoons, when we've been to Build-A-Bear, my granddaughters didn't get Bibles even though we live in the Bible Belt.  Giving out bear-sized Books of Mormon is just plain weird.  Do they expect the bears to read them?

It is a wooden book of Mormon with a wrist strap and it doesn't open. 

I wonder if it was because we made it clear we were not from the area. I always made sure to tell build a bear that because they get you on a mailing list and my kids would feel sad when the coupons came in the mail and we cant go because the store is 5 hours away. I bet the store thought they were doing God's work giving them out (just like one of my doctors gave me a book of Mormon on every visit).

I'm not surprised by this news but I'm concerned that she's putting her health at risk. Is Melanie the same age as Nathan? That would make her 38 or 39. 

I was really surprised to see this announcement. I honestly they were probably done. 

She looks so skinny this time, doesn't she usually look a little fuller?I really hope Melanie is okay with this one. :(

As an aside, with Anna's ferility and Elisa probably due for another one, the Maxwells could have 3 new grandchildren next year. :(

If they follow with their alphabetical tradition, the next baby should be an E, right?

Edward, Enid, Emily...?

Has to be a Biblical name, and none of those are. 

2 hours ago, AliC said:

I'm not really sure. Drew's full first name is Andrew, so I'm thinking Nate and Mel wanted to start the alphabet over for the boys if they have more than one, but also wanted to give him the nickname Drew so he still falls in alphabetical order with his sisters if they never have any more kids. That kind of complicates the name theme.

Regardless of the fact that they really shouldn't be having another baby, they also shouldn't feel the need to carry on the alphabet theme. Their first child Susannah never even fit the pattern. 

Watch, they're probably going to pick an entirely different name now that I brought it up. Hi Steve!

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they pic. I'm guessing if it's a girl, it will definitely be an E name, but a boy could go either way.  I do think they will try to fit the pattern, even though Susannah did not. To be honest, I don't think they thought to do a pattern until Christina was born. 

For a girl, I'm guessing Esther. For a boy, Ebenezer, and call him Ben. 

2 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Oh fuck.

My sentiments, exactly!

Congratulations, Maxwells, you've found a way to keep a few of your leghumpers hanging on for a little bit longer.

Now, about that pic on the blog entry title - GAH!!!  The trend of putting the hands over the belly in a shape of a heart NEEDS.TO.DIE.NOW!!!!

31 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I was really surprised to see this announcement. I honestly they were probably done. 

She looks so skinny this time, doesn't she usually look a little fuller?I really hope Melanie is okay with this one. :(

As an aside, with Anna's ferility and Elisa probably due for another one, the Maxwells could have 3 new grandchildren next year. :(

Has to be a Biblical name, and none of those are. 

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they pic. I'm guessing if it's a girl, it will definitely be an E name, but a boy could go either way.  I do think they will try to fit the pattern, even though Susannah did not. To be honest, I don't think they thought to do a pattern until Christina was born. 

For a girl, I'm guessing Esther. For a boy, Ebenezer, and call him Ben. 

Ooh good call with the Ebenezer!! Let's hope he doesn't grow up to be a Scrooge!! (Pun fully intended) Ebenezer apparently means rock of help, or something. Good for when he grows up to be a "rock" for his wife.

2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I hope that this pregnancy goes well for her. I'm not surprised, but hoping this time will be the last (given her age and spacing).

Did I read right that they have been to build a bear? or were they writing about what other families do? We don't have a local build a bear but when we had visited the downtown SLC location they gave my daughter's bear a free bear size book of Mormon each time. It was one of the reasons besides the cost we only went there a few times.  Do they give Bibles out at other locations? I thought maybe that is why the Maxwell would consider build a bear.

Ooh, I love Build a bear. Mostly due to them coming out with all the HTTYD dragons, infact I'm going tommorow in costume to go and pick up the newest one. Hookfang! 

I've never seen a Bible for the bears there though. Closest thing to a book I've seen was a passport for the bear to show where it has been. Idk if the Maxwells would like BAB at all, most of the girl clothes are dresses but they are mostly Disney Princess gowns.

I see how Ebenezer and Ben would fit slots E and B, like Andrew and Drew fits slots A and D, and it's biblical, but I can't see Nathan or Melanie giving him a name that incredibly old fashioned, even with a nickname. And yet it's STILL worlds better than Spurgeon. If I had to live fundie, I think I'd pick living like the Duggars over the Maxwells any day, but not name-wise.

I absolutely love Esther for girls, though. I'm surprised it's not more popular.

I think Obviously Ethan  is the most obvious boy name to use now and Esther, maybe nicknamed Essie for a girl. Well and Elizabeth of course.  Eve is out naturally and the rest of the bible female E names are to far out their or old fashioned ... Euodia?  Eunice? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived