IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 4

samurai_sarah

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, kpmom said:

What's going on in Maxhell??

I have a feeling it's going to end up being something major like, oh, buying a new pizza cutter. Or washing the ceilings.

And at the same time I'm hoping they've all gone quiet because Stud made a run for it, closely followed by Goofy. They are still in Leavenworth, but more than two blocks away, leaving them exposed to the world and its sins. Stud may already have been contaminated - he is talking about attending a Bible study group with people not directly related to him and they all think this is code for meeting brazen hussies whose buttons don't match their frumpers! Back home, Jesse and Mary have then staged a mutiny and taken over the reins in the mothership - they order pizza AND call each other to remind each other about it; eat it outside of prescribed meal times, and leave the house in an un-scheduled fashion just for FUN.

Teri promptly ran away from the madness under cover of hijacking a conference to peddle more chore packs, Steve is trying to regain control with a no-holds-barred Bible-fuelled fast and Sarah is lying on the floor, rolled up in the foetal position, hoping it all goes to normal soon. Alas, it will not come to pass - Melanie popped by to tell them that the ABCs will be attending a Christian homeschool group on alternate Thursdays! Exposing them to the heathens! it might even educate them and then they won't be grow up to be good breeders!

Chris will however update us as soon as one of his frumper-clad daughters becomes old enough to man the blog (in addition to raising her numerous siblings, and doing unpaid work on the family businesses of course) so we need not despair, the Maxwells will be back someday.

5 hours ago, Jana814 said:

The Maxwell's really are a trainwreck or a bus accident. You don't want to look but feel like you have to just to see what will happen. 

More like an extremely slow bumper fender. But I CAN'T STOP WATCHING.

At first I thought the kids activity where they went around asking other people questions seemed really normal, and then I realized why. That was an icebreaker activity we often did in the first week of school or the first day of camp. I've also done it at work conferences as an adult, and suspect that's where Steve got the idea from.

It's sad that the kids get to interact with non-family so rarely that a simple cookout has to be turned into an exercise about Being Good Conversationalists. I'm surprised Steve (Hi!) didn't use that blog entry as a way to advertise that book.

14 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Ooh the baby is called Mary. Correct me if wrong but you don't get that many babies called Mary anymore. Still in the top #150 though. It just doesn't seem to appear as much.

Mostly just devout Roman Catholics. Mary and Joseph are still really popular names for RC babies.

A "country" fellowship. Whatever the hell that is.

And, Tina wanted to roast her own hot dog. Because, of course it's worth mentioning when  child wants to roast their own damn hotdog over a campfire in their own back yard.

Why does it grate on my nerves so badly when Sarah describes the obvious as if it's something special?

Poor Maxwells. You have no clue what life is like. Your cult has kept you from everything to such an extreme that you think everything *you* or one of you does is new/special/different/ not at all like the hethens in the world.

I roasted my own damn hotdogs as a kid too. And I wanted to do it.

51 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Mostly just devout Roman Catholics. Mary and Joseph are still really popular names for RC babies.

I have a college friend named Mary who was raised in a RC family. She teaches in a RC school and rarely does she have a Mary but a lot of the girls middle name is Mary. 

36 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I roasted my own damn hotdogs as a kid too. And I wanted to do it.

Quick!  Start a blog about it!!

I admit I'm a little curious about who was friends with soldiers after WWII.  Does GiGi have a past?

7 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I have a college friend named Mary who was raised in a RC family. She teaches in a RC school and rarely does she have a Mary but a lot of the girls middle name is Mary. 

Mary and Maria are both pretty common still, mostly amongst Roman Catholics but with people of other faiths and cultures too. Marie isn't as common as a first name anymore but I still hear it used a lot as a middle name. I think at one time it was the most common middle name for girls in the US. 

My mom and I both have the middle name Marie, and my niece is named Mary.

9 minutes ago, AliC said:

Mary and Maria are both pretty common still, mostly amongst Roman Catholics but with people of other faiths and cultures too. Marie isn't as common as a first name anymore but I still hear it used a lot as a middle name. I think at one time it was the most common middle name for girls in the US. 

My mom and I both have the middle name Marie, and my niece is named Mary.

I have a dog client who's daughter just had twin girls. They both have the middle name Marie. 

8 hours ago, molecule said:

New post up, about a gathering. Pictures seem to show some non-Maxwells.

Some being the operative word. There seems to be only two non-Max families (Actually,I think it's one couple with 3(?) kids, and one couple without any.) Everybody else in the pictures are related to the original MaxBorg through birth ot marriage.

Yes Poor it is wonderful Drew's sisters will help him swing.  She acts like its rare.  Is Scary playing that game Crazy Eyed made up for the kids.  Guess so since she and Goofy are sitting with the nieces like they are at the kiddy table.  Stud and Forgotten are sporting Under Armour shirts.  Guess they don't know it's a preferred brand for football players.  I think the cookout happened on the 4th of July.

i know they all have heinous fashion sense, but mom teri's sandals and white socks are a sin against nature

12 hours ago, molecule said:

New post up, about a gathering. Pictures seem to show some non-Maxwells.

I feel defrauded that a male in short trousers was posted, come on Stevie at least post a pic of Stud John in shorts?

7 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I have a dog client who's daughter just had twin girls. They both have the middle name Marie. 

My best friend used Marie for the middle names of all 3 of her daughters. I'm Ann Marie because my grandma on my dad's side was Anna Marie. My daughter does not have Marie, Mary, Maria or any sort in her name. Her middle names are Hannah Elizabeth. 

Yes Poor it is wonderful Drew's sisters will help him swing.  She acts like its rare.  Is Scary playing that game Crazy Eyed made up for the kids.  Guess so since she and Goofy are sitting with the nieces like they are at the kiddy table.  Stud and Forgotten are sporting Under Armour shirts.  Guess they don't know it's a preferred brand for football players.  I think the cookout happened on the 4th of July.

It IS rare, to her knowledge. Remember when she was talking about hee books and said something like, "Imagine that! Siblings who LIKE one another!" as though no children's author ever had written such characters before.

5 hours ago, alba said:

It IS rare, to her knowledge. Remember when she was talking about hee books and said something like, "Imagine that! Siblings who LIKE one another!" as though no children's author ever had written such characters before.

Keeping Our Children's Hearts makes it pretty clear that if you don't follow the Maxwell prescription, your children will hate each other.  I'm sure that was also told to them growing up, constantly, that families in the outside world can't stand each other and that's why they partake in outside activities and spend time with non family members.

14 minutes ago, FunFunFundie said:

Keeping Our Children's Hearts makes it pretty clear that if you don't follow the Maxwell prescription, your children will hate each other.  I'm sure that was also told to them growing up, constantly, that families in the outside world can't stand each other and that's why they partake in outside activities and spend time with non family members.

My brothers and I all took park in sports, music, other activities, and had friends. We also all went to evil public school and college. We still are close and all live in different states and have our own lives,  it if anyone needs anything someone shows up and we all are close so suck it Steve just because your childhood sucked doesn't mean you have to make everyone else around you miserable and take your children's lives away. 

5 hours ago, alba said:

The Maxwells believe the entire world to be what their father has told them it is. Ugly, baby killers who hate family and siblings and parents and work and god and relatives and babies. To them, the fact that they love each other and spend time together is super duper special and they are the only ones who do it because...Jesus. Or, Steve. None has any concept that families, siblings, relatives, etc...can and do like each other, love each other and spend time together even without a cult leader telling them they have to, without any god or bible or Jesus rules or interpretations. It's as foreign to them as the European continent. They all only know what they're told and they are told that they are special because daddy and Jesus say so.

It's the same with the picture of Tina and her hot dog; the point I was trying to make. It's not freaking big deal that a kid wants to  (and does) roast her own hot dog. It happens every day in thousands of families. In backyards, on camping trips, on what some may call a vacation, in country fellowships...everywhere and everyone. But, because they have all been brought up to think the whole world is evil and wrong and hates family, there is no way for any of them (aside from Steve & Teri, who choose to ignore reality) to know that what they deem special is anything but.

Mary? Uncommon?

I have a sister Mary.

I have an aunt Mary Catherine.

Mr. Four has a sister Mary

Mr. four has an aunt Mary.

Mr. Four's mother's name was Mary. (Actually, Mr. Four's father's name was Joseph. True story.)

Mr. Four's sister the nun has the name Sr. Mary (nunname)

GIrl of Four has the middle name Marie.

I don't get it... JK

Steve has talked here & their about his background.  I think he didn't have the greatest childhood and wanted to change that for his children. However, in doing so he completely alienated his children from the outside world. 

41 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Steve has talked here & their about his background.  I think he didn't have the greatest childhood and wanted to change that for his children. However, in doing so he completely alienated his children from the outside world. 

You want better for your children than yourself, he ran marathons, went to college, had a life that he has denied them and so much potential is just wasted. It is beyond sad. What's worse is he doesn't see it and if he does then he is more horrible than I thought. 

5 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

You want better for your children than yourself, he ran marathons, went to college, had a life that he has denied them and so much potential is just wasted. It is beyond sad. What's worse is he doesn't see it and if he does then he is more horrible than I thought. 

Exactly!!  I think Steve is mad that he was raised in the "world". When he turned to religion he stopped everything that made him happy & replaced them with Jesus, praying and telling people how to raise their children. 

8 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Exactly!!  I think Steve is mad that he was raised in the "world". When he turned to religion he stopped everything that made him happy & replaced them with Jesus, praying and telling people how to raise their children. 

I think the reason he did that is to remove himself from any responsibility for himself. If it's all god and jesus, and there are rules for every single aspect of living, he doesn't have to choose; he doesn't have to weigh options; he doesn't even have to determine his own moral stance on something. It's all god's doing. If he follows the right rules and does the right things, as laid out for him, he will be a good husband, a good father, a good person. His god will reward him for doing as he's told and nothing more. Without having to actually think, decide or act, it doesn't matter if he is insecure; scared; doubtful; disappointed.

The man clearly has issues. I mean, what healthy man weeps at the sight of a woman's breasts? He has made his issues god's doing and taken no responsibility whatsoever.

He's raised his offspring to live by rules and directives, not by their brains or wits. That way, he won't be disappointed or succumb to doubts and they won't know any better. His kids, if no one else on the planet, will think he is a strong, smart, capable man.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived