IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 4

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Actually, if one googles "Ouchy the clown" you'll find it doesn't have to be appropriate for church. (warning, Ouchy is scarier than most clowns)

O_o 

Well. WELL. Ummm...that's interesting. That's all I can really say. 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

"“You can do anything in a clown costume,” she told Vindy.com, adding that is, anything appropriate for church."

Actually, if one googles "Ouchy the clown" you'll find it doesn't have to be appropriate for church. (warning, Ouchy is scarier than most clowns)

Since Christopher Maxwell does the balloon animals so well, I vote that we get him "clowned" up.  Call him "Smirky the latex king."

My favorite clown is Homie from "In Living Color."

The whole clowns for Jesus thing rather amuses me because I remember a whole lot of people getting their knickers in a serious twist over Godspell.

8 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

"“You can do anything in a clown costume,” she told Vindy.com, adding that is, anything appropriate for church."

LOL Ouchy is in my area. I had to peruse his site because how could I not and he offers a fascinating array of services. 

And to bring it around full circle, Ouchy recommended Jesus Dress Up (SFW), which maybe makes him a clown for Jesus, after all. :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I keep checking for an update from the Maxwells and was disappointed, at first,  that they are not posting. Then I realized how overwhelmed Steve must be to be left alone with the children for the first time; so I'll cut him some slack. Five kids can keep you busy!!

And he may actually need to put toothpaste on his own toothbrush.

18 hours ago, Granwych said:

Since Christopher Maxwell does the balloon animals so well, I vote that we get him "clowned" up.  Call him "Smirky the latex king."

My favorite clown is Homie from "In Living Color."

I think Chris has a frumper fetish rather than latex 

13 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

I think Chris has a frumper fetish rather than latex 

The image of Christopher wearing a frumper  makes me laugh out loud.  Ruffles, a tiny calico print, and a wooden spoon in hand complete the picture.  Oh, and he must be barefoot, too.

22 minutes ago, Granwych said:

The image of Christopher wearing a frumper  makes me laugh out loud.  Ruffles, a tiny calico print, and a wooden spoon in hand complete the picture.  Oh, and he must be barefoot, too.

Does he get a wig, too? :pb_biggrin:

Checking social media for pics at the conference. Tons of people there, none look fundie. Most amusing, bestest thing? There is a fitness competition - with bikini models and topless men - happening at the same convention center at the same time. Hope Teri gets an eyeful of eye traps :)

On September 22, 2016 at 0:02 PM, Palimpsest said:

Absolutely! Now I'm imagining Reversal Anna with green hair and a few tattoos!  :)

I could be just as critical of Patriarch Buckingham as I am of Steve Maxwell (another educated man who has denied his children a decent education) but I take my hat off to the Buckinghams.  They took in that incredibly traumatized family and supported them throughout the trial and beyond.  Arguably, without exposure to the Buckinghams' functionality the Hale children would have been trapped in Papa Pilgrim's hell on earth for longer.

The oldest daughter, Elishaba, has also married but not to a Buckingham.  She is a real hero and I wish her and all the other children well.  I also think they all value their privacy these days so I don't try to track them.

This would make the Buckinghams the most Christian fundies I have read about here. That is a huge endeavor. Not many people would inconvenience themselves to that extent to help others. Can you imagine PP or the Duggars doing that? Nope.

On 9/22/2016 at 7:02 AM, Captain Obvious said:

In other news, I just went down the Buckingham-Hale rabbit hole, who the Maxwells seem to have some connection with, and found this photo on Lolly Hale's (Tilaunda Buckingham)  public Facebook page. So it appears that they do have friends, and abortion clinic protesting is a Steve-approved activity.

I was in that rabbit hole for a few days last week as I read the Pilgrim's Wilderness book. I came across it after finally reading Into the Wild and it was a recommendation as similar on my library's Kindle website. 

They are a hell of a scary group. Not just pre Papa jail & death but ever since, as well. They married off Elishaba damn quickly - too quickly, in my opinion; to a man who she disliked and who disliked her - in the beginning. They made it clear, to me, that they were solving a problem not helping a woman with a horrific history. 

I should have known. I should NOT have looked at Ouchy.

On a side note, a  FB friend of mine announced that she was attending the True Woman conference and was so glad for Godly women. Sigh. They're everywhere.

It's now been a year since the last Maxwell conference. I can't imagine the book and product sales are going that well as a result either.

Normal businesses, on seeing their business start to dry up, which for the Maxwells started to happen 2-3 years ago, would do some navel-gazing and question whether they were doing something wrong.

Given how popular the Maxwells were 5-10 years ago, the most likely answer is that they managed to alienate their audiences/hosting communities enough so that very few of them asked for return visits - and there are only so many churches in America for whom the Maxwell brand of Christianity would resonate. Most of the communities that were interested have already hosted them and the family isn't interested in appealing to other groups.

Also, I think the fact all of the children are adults, yet the advice/products have not changed to reflect this and are still providing advice for younger families hurts their relevance. 

And surely their failure to marry off any of their daughters, and the circumstances of Joe's two engagements would have caused whispering in fundie circles., 

Stehovah of course won't realise any of this. No possible consideration will be given to it being his fault - it will all be filed away as part of "God's will". The same "God's will" that prevents him from actually doing something to find suitors for the girls because he believes the family is favoured by God and Jesus will sort it all out for them.

So happy failiversary to your failing ministry, Steve!

Yes, I believe their conference days are over.

We've discussed how their products, their scheduling book in particular, appear to be very outdated.

The brothers are keeping busy with their IT work, but I'm not sure how the Maxwell sisters are keeping busy.

14 minutes ago, kpmom said:

The brothers are keeping busy with their IT work, but I'm not sure how the Maxwell sisters are keeping busy.

Now that I think about it, it's been nearly a whole year since we last heard about Sarah "exploring small towns" for her next book series...

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

The Corrals had their baby yesterday.  They were the family the Maxwells stayed with at their last conference.

Oh right - so they're the C family.

I got confused because there's another C family they used to talk about. That one lived close to them, had daughters a similar age to the Maxwell girls, used to house-sit and even used to  post the Maxwells' Tits orders when the Maxwells were on tour - but we no longer hear of them and they no longer appear in the comments either. 

If there has been a falling out, it would be really sad, because it would show that even being really kind and hospitable can't save you from the wrath of God Steve.

Ooh the baby is called Mary. Correct me if wrong but you don't get that many babies called Mary anymore. Still in the top #150 though. It just doesn't seem to appear as much.

The Maxwell blog is too quiet. I think something's happening in the background - courtship / difficult early pregnancy / ??? - causing Sarah to be away from the keyboard.

I'm a bit scared of myself for missing their "this is us, watching paint dry!" type of updates!

Speaking of clowns. http://www.inquisitr.com/3529240/creepy-clowns-spotted-everywhere-who-are-they-and-what-do-they-want/

.    I have to say if your intent is to lure children dressing as a clown is probably not the way to go. 

"Keep your distance from people dressed as clowns in odd areas." Seems like common sense to me.

3 hours ago, Foudeb said:

The Maxwell blog is too quiet. I think something's happening in the background - courtship / difficult early pregnancy / ??? - causing Sarah to be away from the keyboard.

I'm a bit scared of myself for missing their "this is us, watching paint dry!" type of updates!

And Teri did not write a September Mom's Corner yet and we're in the last week of September!

What's going on in Maxhell??

3 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Don't worry, I think more of us are worried about the radio silence from Maxhell than you know. I've been watching their incredibly boring but ridiculously addictive trainwreck since 2010, so it's only natural for no posts to feel strange. Before Daniel was born, I dreamt that NR Anna had delivered a boy two months premature and I woke up feeling concerned.

...I think I need help. >_<

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived