IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 4

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Well, I'm sure it doesn't include a woman who was assigned male at birth. Tomboy or butch women are out of the question as well, though to them that probably includes "any female with hair shorter than shoulder length" and "any female who wears trousers"

Also don't forget those unreal women who don't have babies. Baby having - the only true way to true womanhood. 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Myfanwy said:

Also don't forget those unreal women who don't have babies. Baby having - the only true way to true womanhood. 

I do wonder that they let Anna run around in so much plaid, and let Mary's eyebrows remain so mannishly thick. 

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I do wonder that they let Anna run around in so much plaid, and let Mary's eyebrows remain so mannishly thick. 

Well they are not real woman. They are just little girls. Sometimes the little ones are just so full of personality you have to let them have at it!

/GIANT sarcasm. 

4 hours ago, Myfanwy said:

Well they are not real woman. They are just little girls. Sometimes the little ones are just so full of personality you have to let them have at it!

/GIANT sarcasm. 

Hey-ya!  Thank you for helping me start my morning eye-roll exercises with a *doozy*!

On 9/20/2016 at 2:30 AM, HereticHick said:

You know, you can express your opinion about the religious convictions of others without calling every nun on the planet, and every Mennonite and Amish woman on the planet, a "pompous bitch."

And your argument might be a bit more effective that way. And who knows? It might help with your quest, in your words, "to be a decent human being."

You know what everyone says: all generalizations are wrong!

In other news, I just went down the Buckingham-Hale rabbit hole, who the Maxwells seem to have some connection with, and found this photo on Lolly Hale's (Tilaunda Buckingham)  public Facebook page. So it appears that they do have friends, and abortion clinic protesting is a Steve-approved activity. 

(I don't think I have to break links any more or if there's any issue posting links from FB - let me know if I do. I'm still pretty new here.)

I think this photo was taken in KC, not Alaska, as Lolly was in KC to present at a "Joyful Daughters" conference attended by the Neely girls and a few others I think I recognise. No sign of the Maxwells there though. Shame - they could have picked up a few How to Run a Successful Conference tips, not to mention hang out with girls their own ages.

31 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

In other news, I just went down the Buckingham-Hale rabbit hole, who the Maxwells seem to have some connection with, and found this photo on Lolly Hale's (Tilaunda Buckingham)  public Facebook page. So it appears that they do have friends, and abortion clinic protesting is a Steve-approved activity. 

(I don't think I have to break links any more or if there's any issue posting links from FB - let me know if I do. I'm still pretty new here.)

I think this photo was taken in KC, not Alaska, as Lolly was in KC to present at a "Joyful Daughters" conference attended by the Neely girls and a few others I think I recognise. No sign of the Maxwells there though. Shame - they could have picked up a few How to Run a Successful Conference tips, not to mention hang out with girls their own ages.

I think you're right; it is KC from the 816 phone number on the sign. Follow to Lolly-Palooza's FB page and marvel at the debauchery! Momma is in a white sheer dress, backlit such you can see her womanly hip curves and (gasp) limbs!  

Poor Sarah has the prettiest smile!  I imagine if she and I sat down for a cup of coffee, and I started to interview her, she'd tell me rather candidly that she knows we consider her pitiable, and then she'd tell me she prefers her sheltered life. She'd acknowledge that such  an early wake-up  call every day of her life is a pain, but she'd also point out that she has NO commute to a job where she's just a cog AND at the mercy of loutish men and backbiting women. She'd reveal that she knows what happens to women as they approach their 40's: devaluation, etc.. She'd assure me that Steve & Teri are very well aware of their daughters' dependent status and have extracted solemn promises from the non-Reversal brothers as well as Smug and Stud (they've all overlooked Forgotten) to provide for herself and the other two. 

IOW, I need to take a Maxwell break. PS's life certainly is circumscribed beyond what most of us can consider without saying SMH, but I get the feeling she wouldn't trade it. 

Augh!  See you-all in a while. <3

"It's very sad how people killed there children just because of their selfishness"

I would say it's sad how some unqualified people homeschool *there* kids.

22 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

"It's very sad how people killed there children just because of their selfishness"

I would say it's sad how some unqualified people homeschool *there* kids.

To be fair, if you read about the upbringing of Joseph Hale, poor homeschooling was the least of his worries and I'm amazed he appears to have turned out normal-ish, and maybe even fundie-light, judging by Lolly's clothing choices.

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

It is OK.  We don't have to break links anymore - our spiffy new softwear does it for us - and that is a public FB page so you are fine.  Good find!

The connection between the Maxwells and the Buckingham/Hales is through ex-military Daddy Buckingham not through the barking mad Papa Pilgrim Hale. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

To be fair, if you read about the upbringing of Joseph Hale, poor homeschooling was the least of his worries and I'm amazed he appears to have turned out normal-ish, and maybe even fundie-light, judging by Lolly's clothing choices.

The Buckinghams (senior) are as Fundie as you can get, but are positively functional compared to the way the Hales were systematically abused - mentally, physically and sexually, in the case of the eldest daughter, by their father.

The Hale offspring seem to be remarkably resilient.  One of the younger Hale brothers, Israel, was in a horrific accident a few years ago and lost both his legs.  Look at how well he is doing now.  http://www.frontiersman.com/news/tool-doctor-working-despite-double-amputation/article_5033f9ac-1bbf-11e5-9ebe-ef399425d4ac.html 

I don't know all their positions on religion these days - but the ones who stayed within the Buckingham orbit still seem to be deeply religious and not really anywhere near Fundie-lite - as Lolly's presence at the conference and anti-abortion demonstration would indicate.

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

One of the younger Hale brothers, Israel, was in a horrific accident a few years ago and lost both his legs.  Look at how well he is doing now.  http://www.frontiersman.com/news/tool-doctor-working-despite-double-amputation/article_5033f9ac-1bbf-11e5-9ebe-ef399425d4ac.html 

I don't know all their positions on religion these days - but the ones who stayed within the Buckingham orbit still seem to be deeply religious and not really anywhere near Fundie-lite - as Lolly's presence at the conference and anti-abortion demonstration would indicate.

That's a lovely story, thanks for posting it.

Well I did say "fundie-light-ish". It just goes to show that if you spend too much time reading about Maxwells and Duggars, the slightest sign of diverting from frumperism makes you think they're about to dye their hair green and start worshipping Beelzebub.

18 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

That's a lovely story, thanks for posting it.

Well I did say "fundie-light-ish". It just goes to show that if you spend too much time reading about Maxwells and Duggars, the slightest sign of diverting from frumperism makes you think they're about to dye their hair green and start worshipping Beelzebub.

Absolutely! Now I'm imagining Reversal Anna with green hair and a few tattoos!  :)

I could be just as critical of Patriarch Buckingham as I am of Steve Maxwell (another educated man who has denied his children a decent education) but I take my hat off to the Buckinghams.  They took in that incredibly traumatized family and supported them throughout the trial and beyond.  Arguably, without exposure to the Buckinghams' functionality the Hale children would have been trapped in Papa Pilgrim's hell on earth for longer.

The oldest daughter, Elishaba, has also married but not to a Buckingham.  She is a real hero and I wish her and all the other children well.  I also think they all value their privacy these days so I don't try to track them.

The pictures wouldn't load for me, so I was worried that Lolly the Clown was protesting at abortion clinics. That would be some Stephen King-level shit: just this snot-green-haired clown with balloon animals telling you not to get an abortion.

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Did they name Lolly the clown after an actual friend?

Lolly the fucking clown did have green hair!

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Did they name Lolly the clown after an actual friend?

I thought they chose Lolly because it's short for lollipop (and Lolly did hand out lollipops), but if they got it from their friend, whom they seem rather close with, that's actually pretty sweet. Lolly (as in Tilaundia, not the clown) also illustrated one or two of the Moody books.

I'm very happy that I am not afraid of clowns; many people are and it just seems like a bad idea to try and mix clowns that are potentially very scary to children with spreading the gospel. However, that hasn't stopped some brave (or demented, YMMV) souls from attempting to do so. I present to you all, Clowns for Christ. (WARNING: Don't click if you're afraid of clowns, seriously!)

Clowns For Christ Spread God’s Message One Balloon Animal At A Time

My mom does clowning for Christ. It's... Something.

Also somehow I'm not sure that the Maxwells weren't even creative enough to name the clown character.

I keep checking for an update from the Maxwells and was disappointed, at first,  that they are not posting. Then I realized how overwhelmed Steve must be to be left alone with the children for the first time; so I'll cut him some slack. Five kids can keep you busy!!

15 hours ago, AliC said:

I'm very happy that I am not afraid of clowns; many people are and it just seems like a bad idea to try and mix clowns that are potentially very scary to children with spreading the gospel. However, that hasn't stopped some brave (or demented, YMMV) souls from attempting to do so. I present to you all, Clowns for Christ.

As someone who was absolutely terrified of clowns as a child (and frankly not a huge fan of them as an adult!)... nope nope nope. I can't think of something that would've turned me off of religion faster at that age! 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I keep checking for an update from the Maxwells and was disappointed, at first,  that they are not posting. Then I realized how overwhelmed Steve must be to be left alone with the children for the first time; so I'll cut him some slack. Five kids can keep you busy!!

Yeah, kids really can't fend for themselves until, oh, 40 or 50 years old I guess!  Poor guy!

17 hours ago, AliC said:

I present to you all, Clowns for Christ. (WARNING: Don't click if you're afraid of clowns, seriously!)

I shouldn't have clicked - that clown is really scary!

17 hours ago, AliC said:

"“You can do anything in a clown costume,” she told Vindy.com, adding that is, anything appropriate for church."

Actually, if one googles "Ouchy the clown" you'll find it doesn't have to be appropriate for church. (warning, Ouchy is scarier than most clowns)

10 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Actually, if one googles "Ouchy the clown" you'll find it doesn't have to be appropriate for church.

Oh my God!  :laughing-rolling:

I'm obviously a slow learner.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived