IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 4

samurai_sarah

Dang, to be having a child at this age while surrounded by multiple kids... Melanie has it rough. I am not a big Maxwell person because I usually stick with the Duggars and Bateses, but they sound weird and I am scared of falling down a rabbit hole.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

She was using the Nourishing Traditions book for kids; NT is super granola (WAPF). What he said about Abby didn't sound off to me. I've known super capable tens and immature tens, heck I've had both myself ;-) I don't think they're teaching the girls to avoid sugar to stay skinny for husbands. It seems people can't win in this department....they're either starving their children or making them fat. 

I'm sure Melanie is thrilled to be having another baby. She doesn't look too thin to me, and I never think she looks very happy in posed photos, only candids. 

I'm not familiar with Nourishing Traditions, so that might be why it didn't seem quite right to me. To be clear, it's not that I have an issue with an 8-year-old making her family dessert, or an 8-year-old taking an interest in healthy eating and taking the initiative to learn about what interests her. It might just be because it's the Maxwells, to be honest, and they place so much emphasis on training girls to be good housewives that the fact that Abby not only made dessert for her family but made a *healthy* dessert came across less like she was interested in cooking and food and more like she was a good little sister-mom and future QF mom.

I'm probably reading too much into this, though. Maybe Abby just really likes parfaits :D

40 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I haven't followed this site in a while...Sarah still hasn't courted anyone? 

Not that I know of. I imagine Sarah has had potential suitors looking for permission to court her, but Steve drove them away :(

Of course, now that he's gotten even more batshit crazy over the years I'll be kind of surprised if there are any more courtships/engagements/super-secret weddings for Sarah or his other kidults. I was thinking that the original reason for that bit of blog silence was because perhaps Studly John had found himself a bride, not because Melanie's pregnant.

1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I haven't followed this site in a while...Sarah still hasn't courted anyone? 

No. Stevus got her a dog instead, (we assume) to keep her from going crazy.

19 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

No. Stevus got her a dog instead, (we assume) to keep her from going crazy.

I'm thinking into the future again...

When Steve and Teri pass, will any unmarried adult children be allowed to continue living in the family home, or will they be expected to move in with one of the married brothers? If at least one of the brothers remains unmarried, then couldn't he function as the headship figure for the unmarried sisters which would allow them to remain in the family home? 

I'm feeling extremely grateful that I am not a member of the Maxwell family right now.

2 hours ago, AliC said:

Not that I know of. I imagine Sarah has had potential suitors looking for permission to court her, but Steve drove them away :(

Of course, now that he's gotten even more batshit crazy over the years I'll be kind of surprised if there are any more courtships/engagements/super-secret weddings for Sarah or his other kidults. I was thinking that the original reason for that bit of blog silence was because perhaps Studly John had found himself a bride, not because Melanie's pregnant.

Poor, Goofy, and Craxy will never court.

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm thinking into the future again...

When Steve and Teri pass, will any unmarried adult children be allowed to continue living in the family home, or will they be expected to move in with one of the married brothers? If at least one of the brothers remains unmarried, then couldn't he function as the headship figure for the unmarried sisters which would allow them to remain in the family home? 

I'm feeling extremely grateful that I am not a member of the Maxwell family right now.

They had an article about that once. The girls just love the idea of living at home forever, if that's what Steve God wants. Steve has arranged for the house to go to the girls one day. The girls also have skills, so they will be able to get jobs earn income if need be. 

So there naysayers!

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

They had an article about that once. The girls just love the idea of living at home forever, if that's what Steve God wants. Steve has arranged for the house to go to the girls one day. The girls also have skills, so they will be able to get jobs earn income if need be. 

So there naysayers!

Glad he had arranged for the house to go to the girls. 

So, Steve is going to do a series of some sort on the blog about being debt-free. I'm not sure what exactly he's planning to do, besides just posts. Weird. 

On 01/10/2016 at 7:09 AM, season of life said:

Dang, to be having a child at this age while surrounded by multiple kids... Melanie has it rough. I am not a big Maxwell person because I usually stick with the Duggars and Bateses, but they sound weird and I am scared of falling down a rabbit hole.

Come on in and fall down the Rabbit hole. It's full of cheese papers, what some would call a vacation, Pepsi, trips to the zoo, (insert name) Marie, tits2, lolly the fucking clown, failed courtships, back rubs, elderly homes and STUD John. And all ruled over by Stevie. 

Its better than any tv reality programme.

5 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

Come on in and fall down the Rabbit hole. It's full of cheese papers, what some would call a vacation, Pepsi, trips to the zoo, (instet name) Marie, tits2, lolly the fucking clown, failed courtships, back rubs, elderly homes and STUD John. And all ruled over by Stevie. 

Its better than any tv reality programme.

Don't forget frumpers. So many frumpers. And bean burritos.

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

So, Steve is going to do a series of some sort on the blog about being debt-free. I'm not sure what exactly he's planning to do, besides just posts. Weird. 

Rule 1:  all your adult kids still living at home should get a job and support themselves.

Rule 2. If you have  girls, ignore Rule 1. 

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Rule 1:  all your adult kids still living at home should get a job and support themselves.

Rule 2. If you have  girls, ignore Rule 1. 

I think Anna actually does a lot of IT stuff. Didn't she go with the guys to some conference? 

Steve just doesn't want to advertise it because he thinks it looks bad. 

I think Anna actually does a lot of IT stuff. Didn't she go with the guys to some conference? 

Steve just doesn't want to advertise it because he thinks it looks bad. 

I hope it was a mainstream conference, where she could meet women who work outside the home and wear pants! If she has a genuine interest in IT (and doesn't just do it because Stevehovah told her to), then it could be really good for her to get the chance to mingle with women she shares non-Jesus-related interests with.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Don't forget frumpers. So many frumpers. And bean burritos.

8 And animal crackers

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

8 And animal crackers

Tut tut SPHASH, the use of plural means the reversals can eat as many as they want. Only two are allowed so you may want to think about this in the prayer closet.... 

1 hour ago, johnhugh said:

Tut tut SPHASH, the use of plural means  the reversals can eat as many as they want. Only two are allowed so you may want to think about this in the prayer closet.... 

Locking myself in the prayer closet now, wont come out until the Vikings-Giants game starts tomorrow nites.

I am just wondering, what skills do the Maxwell women have that would allow them to be self supporting should something happen to their parents? I would imagine that a regular kid straight out of high school would have a better chance of finding employment than the Maxwell women. At least the kid would less likely not have a problem working with people from different backgrounds and would likely not care so much about someone's religion, marital status or sexual orientation. Other than cooking and cleaning what can they do? They are so sheltered that I would worry they would have problem just communicating  with others outside of their circle. 

I didn't exactly fall down the rabbit hole because I've been aware of the Maxwells for quite some time but today for the first time it occurred to me that I could go back and look at the beginning of the blog. Thoughts in no particular order. 

- Sarah used to sign posts Only for Jesus

- I don't know why it didn't occur to me that of course they had a Golden Retriever once prior to Ellie's arrival because the Moodys do and Poor Sarah, bless her heart, is not known for original thought. 

This post in which they forced a poor cat up a tree and had Honey (the previously mentioned Golden Retriever) stand against the tree looking at it so that they can photograph the scene to send to the artist for a Moody book. I guess Poor Sarah isn't the only one lacking in imagination. 

- I hadn't realized quite how much busier they used to be with conferences until I went back and read this. They also seemed to be a lot more involved in the community. They were baking cookies for the homeless, hosting marriage retreats, rehabilitating squirrels, stamping tracts for Jesus etc. 

- I had read parts of what happened with Susannah Joy but not the whole thing. That was genuinely heartbreaking. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am just wondering, what skills do the Maxwell women have that would allow them to be self supporting should something happen to their parents? I would imagine that a regular kid straight out of high school would have a better chance of finding employment than the Maxwell women. At least the kid would less likely not have a problem working with people from different backgrounds and would likely not care so much about someone's religion, marital status or sexual orientation. Other than cooking and cleaning what can they do? They are so sheltered that I would worry they would have problem just communicating  with others outside of their circle. 

There's no way they could survive outside in the real world, was it Mary or Anna who said at a conference they were afraid of Facebook? That alone says volumes...

7 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

There's no way they could survive outside in the real world, was it Mary or Anna who said at a conference they were afraid of Facebook? That alone says volumes...

Really they said that?  They would never be able to survive in the real world. 

Steve said he and Teri have well-equipped their daughters to support themselves if need be. He said Mary could be a professional artist because she draws pictures sometimes, Anna could be a professional nutritionist because she makes the family's morning smoothies, and Sarah could be a professional writer because of her experience writing the amazing Moody books. He's sure all three would definitely be hired and earn sufficient salaries in these fields, no problem.

What the hell is so wrong about debt? Did they ever say?

Also what the hell is a dish drying project ?? I feel so bad for kids like Bethany born in this cult who just don't do well with such a tight schedule.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived