IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

Am I the only one who thinks Spud looks like he came out of the 1850s with the way his hair looks? I'm really glad that Jessa's letting his hair grow (and kid's got a great head of hair), but I also think he kinda looks like a tiny Victorian man. It's adorable. I want to put him in a little sailor suit or a cravat.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spud is the single cutest Duggar ever! That pic is just adorable and most of his usually are, mainly because he always looks so jolly and content and adored.

Who could blanket train a bundle of chubby cuteness like that? I'm choosing to believe it just isn't happening...*

(*waits cowering, for the wrath of Free Jingerites to rain down and call me a leghumper...)

12 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Spud is the single cutest Duggar ever! That pic is just adorable and most of his usually are, mainly because he always looks so jolly and content and adored.

Who could blanket train a bundle of chubby cuteness like that? I'm choosing to believe it just isn't happening...*

(*waits cowering, for the wrath of Free Jingerites to rain down and call me a leghumper...)

I hate to say it, but even I think Spud is cute, and my ovaries are made of stone.

I don't think Jessa is blanket training. She seems to genuinely adore Spud, and I noticed after his birth her social media got a lot less fire-and-brimstone and a lot more proud-momma, so I think motherhood has softened her a bit.

On 08/10/2016 at 0:40 AM, PennySycamore said:

No, jessa, babies in hats are NOT the most darling things on earth.  Cats in hats take that honor!

I respectfully submit that it is in fact cats wearing hats while riding zoombas which are the cutest* things on earth!

*and most hilarious.

21 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

His cheeks are so damn pinch-able, I love it. 

17 hours ago, calimojo said:

I think that is Jana in the picture with baby seewald. 

13 hours ago, nst said:

I think it's Jana as well.  And jessa posted she doesn't want to cut Spud's hair. 

It's Jessa! I've seen other people think it's Jana as well, I don't see the resemblance to Jana at all!

2 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Why does everyone think it's Jana? It's 100% Jessa - I can't even see the resemblance to Jana. 

It's Jessa! I've seen other people think it's Jana as well, I don't see the resemblance to Jana at all!

Even if it were Jana, why would they even risk that? They know how the public sees Jana as CinderJana. It would start something for sure.

35 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Count me with the people saying it's Jana! It's hard to tell, but Jana has I think way smaller and squintier eyes than Jessa. Whoever it is, she does seem to have lighter hair than Jana's.  So who knows, it's hard to tell! About it starting something, idk. She has said many times in the past that she loves babies and is obviously pictured with them quite often so idk. 

I guess I'm the only one who actually thought it sort of looked like Jill in that picture? But I'm sure it's probably Jessa. I've noticed that if you catch any of the sisters at certain angles, they look like one of the other ones.

3 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

He is a cute little guy. That picture with his momma is seriously adorable too.

I don't think we can know for sure whether any of the married offspring are blanket training. They're careful enough not to share anything like that online or on the show. It's certainly possible though; speaking generally, people tend to fall back on what they know to a certain extent. 

I think that Spurgeon is likely a much more laid back kid than Izzy is. He seems like a pretty chill little dude, whereas Israel seems to really enjoy exploring and getting into everything (which could be a sigh that the Dills either aren't blanket training or the training isn't super strict or that Izzy is strong willed enough that the current methods aren't working all too well.) Things may not be so easy with Spurgeon the Second - and if that's the case then we may start seeing a shift in parenting style.

Also, just want to point out that a happy baby doesn't necessarily mean they aren't blanket training and a serious (or sad) baby doesn't mean they are either. If they're smart they won't share any evidence of blanket training - and some kids are just consistently happy or look consistently serious on camera.

Regardless, Izzy and Spurgeon (and the M kids) are cute kids. I hope for their sakes that they aren't being blanket trained.

(And I don't think you're a :leghumper:. If you were, you'd be adamant about them not blanket training because X, Y, and Z - regardless of any evidence that suggests otherwise.)

the same way they purposed not to show the kiss when they got married, and then purposed to not tell the world what they were having the first time, I think this time there are purposing not showing any pregnancy photos - and just endless new photos of spud and ben with his new glasses on. 

it's about control 

if the wedding does take place in November she will have to hide behind a tree to keep her current record - good for her 

On 2016-10-09 at 2:45 AM, calimojo said:

<snip>

It may be a small thing, But I hope that Jessa rejects other things that her parents have done as well. Little inroads into breaking away are good things.  These kids have been brainwashed for years, so it is unlikely that they will suddenly break away,  but little breaks in form here and there, and it will be like a dam that gets a small leak.  Eventually the pressure from the water makes it a bigger and bigger leak until the whole dam breaks open.  This is what I hope happens with the Duggar kids.  Little by little, a little hole in the dam will happen, but instead of water rushing in, I hope it is light.  I hope that they will have an inkling, a feeling in the pit of their stomachs that something is off about their life,  or that life outside the compound is not filled with sin and debauchery (donald trump notwithstanding) 24/7. 

This is an interesting idea. Given that the Duggar kidults almost never engage in anything approaching deep thought, I've pretty well given up any idea that they would acquire the insight to see the errors and moral flaws in their fundamentalist religion.

You may be right, @calimojo, that if there is a way out for any of them, it will be subtle and very gradual.

At the same time, I still have my doubts as to whether small things can ever add up to any significant change. So what if Jessa and Bin listen to Christian rap and don't cut Spurgeon's hair. They still believe that contraception and abortion are morally evil, that children don't need an education beyond basic literacy and numeracy, that women are under the authority of men, and that anyone who is sexually active outside heterosexual monogamous marriage is a sinner.

So the question for me is, Can small changes ever add up to a serious reevaluation of their oppressive belief system?

Yes, I think small changes can lead to a more serious change, but it is gradual.  It is possible that it won't happen until long after the duggars are off the air.  Bin seems interested in expanding his world a little.  I know he comes of as a dullard, but I think he just isn't good on TV.  He is still unformed as I like to say, but he seems to have more an interest in  the  world around him than any of the others have had so far.  I also don't think he takes that head of the household thing too seriously.  Jessa is pretty headstrong.  I don't see her just bending to Ben's will all the time.  It may be more of a Big Greek Wedding kind of thing.  Remember when the mom tells her daughter that the husband is head of the home, but she is the neck.  And the neck is what moves the head. 

Spud looks adorable. Jessa can find out by now if her baby is a girl or boy, right? She's saving that for the show, I'm sure.

Spud looks adorable. Jessa can find out by now if her baby is a girl or boy, right? She's saving that for the show, I'm sure.

IIRC they waited till the birth to find out Spud's jinder, didn't they? So they might not know.

that must be an old picture because she is not hiding behind a plant and now she is like five months pregnant and the last photo in pink of her she was showing hugely. 

32 minutes ago, alba said:

IIRC they waited till the birth to find out Spud's jinder, didn't they? So they might not know.

They found out early, just didn't tell anyone.

Those Spurgey curls! He has the cutest hair! And is Bin losing his? Is that why he's always hiding under a hat?

They found out early, just didn't tell anyone.

Ah, okay. Must be some other young fundie couple I'm thinking of who didn't find out beforehand XD

On 9/29/2016 at 0:07 PM, SassyPants said:

Blanket training sounds like a whole lot of work and most likely must be strictly followed for it to actually work. I doubt the 2nd generation Duggars blanket train (maybe the Bates, but not the Duggars). Jessa/Ben can not even make the bed when they know that their home/BR will be filmed.

Ugh, this just makes me think if they are attempting blanket training Spurge, they probably enforce it once in a while and forget it half the time. The poor kid would just be so confused. Not that I am some paragon of always following through on every bit of parenting, but can you imagine half the time you follow your instincts to explore the room you get hit and half the time you are allowed and never knowing which will happen? Ugh ugh ugh.

I hope they are not blanket training! I hope that Spurge gets to keep his curls for as long as his Mama wants to keep them. I hope many things! As for Bin's hair, if he is losing it then he should lose the ball caps, those are known to cause hair loss.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived