IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

13 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Jeremy didn't know Jinger played the piano?? And they're about to get engaged???

I'm sure he'll have her playing the hymns at his services. Boy, he must think he struck gold.

But no fundie wedding is complete without Erin slamming on the piano like it snubbed her at a party!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

But no fundie wedding is complete without Erin slamming on the piano like it snubbed her at a party!

God... I almost feel bad for loving the description of Erin's piano playing so much. Almost being the keyword.

I do agree though. She sounded like the piano had insulted her honor at Jill and Derick's wedding.  Absolutely phenomenal. :pb_lol:

(And yes, music people reading this - I know it likely had to do with acoustics or needing to play loudly so everyone would hear. I just find it amusing because I'm actually an immature 12 year old boy in disguise.)

2 hours ago, nst said:

what surprised me was that she was surprised her son has a personality.  Don't babies start out not talking and just sitting there.  Why is she surprised that Spud wants to crawl and squeal.  I don't want to think what I am thinking about what she would do if she didn't like something Spud did.  Makes me really upset and queezy.     I guess all the kids from Jackson down don't have personalities. 

I am starting to think that Jessa is just one robot herself opposed to the fake persona she is projecting half the time

I'd love for this to mean that Jessa isn't strictly blanket training, as her siblings were. It seems like blanket training destroys all of a little person's personality and individuality, which, sadly, is undesirable in a large family. It seems to me that if the training isn't so harsh that kids would have more personality.

This could also be the reason birthday greetings are so generic - all personality has been trained out, so the kids really are interchangeable zombies but with gender specific parts. How dystopian!

27 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I'd love for this to mean that Jessa isn't strictly blanket training, as her siblings were. It seems like blanket training destroys all of a little person's personality and individuality, which, sadly, is undesirable in a large family. It seems to me that if the training isn't so harsh that kids would have more personality.

This could also be the reason birthday greetings are so generic - all personality has been trained out, so the kids really are interchangeable zombies but with gender specific parts. How dystopian!

Honest question - Has it ever been confirmed that the Dillards or Smuggars blanket train their blessings?

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Honest question - Has it ever been confirmed that the Dillards or Smuggars blanket train their blessings?

I don't think so but I might be mistaken. Also, blanket training takes quite a long time so I am not even sure all the Duggar and Bates children have been blanket trained. I am sure both families have used the techniques at one point but were they always used? I am not too sure, even perfect planner Erika Shupe admitted to not being as diligent with the training with the younger kids and frankly neither the Duggars or the Bates are as organized as she is. So maybe they just pretended it happen.

Blanket training sounds like a whole lot of work and most likely must be strictly followed for it to actually work. I doubt the 2nd generation Duggars blanket train (maybe the Bates, but not the Duggars). Jessa/Ben can not even make the bed when they know that their home/BR will be filmed. There is no way in hades these folks are following through on something that needs to done over and over again.

5 hours ago, nst said:

what surprised me was that she was surprised her son has a personality.  Don't babies start out not talking and just sitting there.  Why is she surprised that Spud wants to crawl and squeal.  I don't want to think what I am thinking about what she would do if she didn't like something Spud did.  Makes me really upset and queezy.     I guess all the kids from Jackson down don't have personalities. 

I am starting to think that Jessa is just one robot herself opposed to the fake persona she is projecting half the time

Is there something else besides that quote that makes you say she's surprised by Spurge having a personality? I didn't get that from what was quoted. I also don't watch the show so maybe I'm missing something.

The Duggars used to have the Pearls book on their website. Also, I remember reading that M had found a flexible ruler that she was recommending. However I don't remember where I read it so I don't know if it's true. Seems like she started it with Jed and Jer.

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The Duggars used to have the Pearls book on their website. Also, I remember reading that M had found a flexible ruler that she was recommending. However I don't remember where I read it so I don't know if it's true. Seems like she started it with Jed and Jer.

Oh I know that part. I was just curious about the married offspring and whether there was any evidence showing they were blanket training as well. I wouldn't be overly surprised if they were, but still.

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

what worried me was Ben's words - that Spud would become challenging.  These two better never touch that child like that.   He seems to be a happy healthy child, but these two's words are making it seem bad that he is becoming his own person.    

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Is there something else besides that quote that makes you say she's surprised by Spurge having a personality? I didn't get that from what was quoted. I also don't watch the show so maybe I'm missing something.

Ben: Spud is a playful young chap

Jessa: Spud is an easy baby, of course as he gets older more personality comes out letting us know who he is  and what he wants -it's a good thing (fake laugh) 

Ben forceably teaches him football

Ben: as he gets older more chasllenging - stand up on things - can't turn backs

awesome if all the kids were easy like Spud -

so in essence it's the way she says it  

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I remember an episode where one or more of the girls was practicing the violin and James had to sit there quietly in a chair and watch because it developed "obedience and self-control." They didn't show what would happen if he tried to get up

On 9/29/2016 at 10:49 AM, Audrey2 said:

Having personality means having individual thoughts and we know that Pa & Ma Duggar don't like thoughts, group, individual or otherwise. I don't know what kids are blanket trained and what kids weren't but some of them seem to have a little more spark than others and they are kind of intermixed age wise. I wonder how much MEchelle & Boob had to do with the kids from Joy down, she was the 1st kid handed off to a sister mom, she's seems like she is a bit of spunk in her, and I'm fairly sure it has to do with all the boys around her but also that she has a set of twins what 13/14 months younger than her,  1 of the howlers Justin or Jackson also seems to be a little more out there. Jinger was also a little spitfire as a tween/young tween, but really had the spark  sucked out of her, but I'm seeing some of it coming back, with her eye rolling and obviously disobedience toward her parents. 

Ben: Spud is a playful young chap

Jessa: Spud is an easy baby, of course as he gets older more personality comes out letting us know who he is  and what he wants -it's a good thing (fake laugh) 

Ben forceably teaches him football

Ben: as he gets older more chasllenging - stand up on things - can't turn backs

awesome if all the kids were easy like Spud -

so in essence it's the way she says it

I actually got the opposite vibe from them during that TH so we'll probably just have to wait and see. Here's to hoping they're not as awful as their parents are!

I don't know if any second generation Duggars want to blanket train. If they don't, something tells me they will find an unfair way to instill obedience and respect. 

On 9/29/2016 at 9:09 AM, VelociRapture said:

God... I almost feel bad for loving the description of Erin's piano playing so much. Almost being the keyword.

I do agree though. She sounded like the piano had insulted her honor at Jill and Derick's wedding.  Absolutely phenomenal. :pb_lol:

(And yes, music people reading this - I know it likely had to do with acoustics or needing to play loudly so everyone would hear. I just find it amusing because I'm actually an immature 12 year old boy in disguise.)

I know this is off topic but speaking of Erin Bates. Does anyone know if they played 'So this is love' at her wedding. A giant Disnerd as myself heard the notes and began to wonder what with Fundy girls conparing themselves to Cinderella, if she was allowed to have secular music. 

16 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

I know this is off topic but speaking of Erin Bates. Does anyone know if they played 'So this is love' at her wedding. A giant Disnerd as myself heard the notes and began to wonder what with Fundy girls conparing themselves to Cinderella, if she was allowed to have secular music. 

Alyssa's favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo, so perhaps she was allowed to hear that kind of music. It doesn't have any dirty lyrics.

On 10/1/2016 at 3:59 PM, season of life said:

Alyssa's favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo, so perhaps she was allowed to hear that kind of music. It doesn't have any dirty lyrics.

I think the Bates family also got to watch Disney movies too. Or I'm delusional, but I swear their website used to say (or still does) some favourite movies are Disney ones. 

Rejoice, my children! For the Sainted One has graced us with her presence via Instagram once more! :pb_rollseyes::pb_lol:

IMG_3230.PNG

Also posted - a photo of Spurgeon telling people to check their website for his 11 month photos.

No, jessa, babies in hats are NOT the most darling things on earth.  Cats in hats take that honor!

Spud is such a cute baby. I'm sure gender and name details will be saved for the show. With Jessa's second baby and a wedding coming, TLC will have plenty boring stuff to film.

I don't know if Jessa blanket trains, I got the feeling Jill did. She had those photos of a way too old Israel being swaddled and crying places. That seemed like a "stay put" technique they might use, like the Pearl method. 

I think that is Jana in the picture with baby seewald. 

By the way, I find it interesting that as soon as Michele saw Izzy with longish hair she took the clippers to his poor little head, but Spurgeon has the long and flowing wavy hair, and his head is left untouched.  May seem like a small thing, but it is a slight step away from the way Michelle would do things.

All her boys had that "young republican's" hair cut as soon as possible.

7 minutes ago, calimojo said:

By the way, I find it interesting that as soon as Michele saw Izzy with longish hair she took the clippers to his poor little head, but Spurgeon has the long and flowing wavy hair, and his head is left untouched.  May seem like a small thing, but it is a slight step away from the way Michelle would do things.

Lmao yes!!! And the older girls (now delegated down to the younger ones?) would cut male Duggar hair in an adoring, almost sanctified yet creepy way. Like Michelle cutting Smugly's one last time before marrying Anna. Now Anna has to do it. Even though his doughy head is larger at least in the passage of time he will have less and less hair for her to make holy and rightgeous. (Unlike himself. Hehe)

4 hours ago, calimojo said:

I think it's Jana as well.  And jessa posted she doesn't want to cut Spud's hair. 

Well good for Jessa for making an independent decision on this, even if it is a fairly trivial one.  I never got the feeling that Jill wanted Izzy's cut either, but Michelle just busted out the shears and that was that.  Clearly Derick likes longer hair, and no reason to suspect that he would have wanted Izzy's hair cut so young. 

It may be a small thing, But I hope that Jessa rejects other things that her parents have done as well. Little inroads into breaking away are good things.  These kids have been brainwashed for years, so it is unlikely that they will suddenly break away,  but little breaks in form here and there, and it will be like a dam that gets a small leak.  Eventually the pressure from the water makes it a bigger and bigger leak until the whole dam breaks open.  This is what I hope happens with the Duggar kids.  Little by little, a little hole in the dam will happen, but instead of water rushing in, I hope it is light.  I hope that they will have an inkling, a feeling in the pit of their stomachs that something is off about their life,  or that life outside the compound is not filled with sin and debauchery (donald trump notwithstanding) 24/7. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived