IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

@VixenToast that's the guy! ;) Little brother is named for Jack, who is a real dharma bum. We use it as his middle name though instead of a first name, since it's a trickier to spell and pronounce for some Americans and likely a lot of people he met in our community might not know who he was named after.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, calimojo said:

I agree they are being paid, but I just don't think that they aren't making 20-30K per episode.  First, I totally believe that somehow the money is going into Duggar Inc.  JB is managing them and the money goes to a business entity.  From that they get paid a salary.  And honestly, given that they live rent free, and spend most of their time at the TTH they probably don't need much $$ to live on.  I bet they eat at the compound most of the time, and most of their travels are filmed or related to an appearance so the cost is covered.  They get used cars from JB, and from the looks of their wardrobe, they are probably buying a lot of it used or at budget places.  So I think they are probably living comfortably because any income they have is for fun stuff, not to cover rent, mortgage, health insurance, tuition, groceries, day care, etc.  Not a bad gig really for two idiots and their cute baby

I know that they get paid, but if they're getting 20-30k/episode I need to reconsider my life choices. Why did I get all that education again?

Then again, considering TLC also has to pay Jill/Derick, now Jinger/Jeremy, a random assortment of older Duggar "children," most likely JimBob/Michelle - could Counting On really be raking in that much cash for Discovery?

I found the business insider article from June: http://www.businessinsider.com/reality-tv-stars-salaries-2016-6/#a-players-on-a-cable-reality-show-30000-to-10-million-per-season-6  I guess I should have found and read the article again before posting my previous comment :pb_lol: I was wrong(maybe?), but I bet they make more than $3,000 an episode (TLC looooves them and "19 KIds" gave TLC some of their best ratings)

I disagree with your comment, @calimojo. I don't think JB is controlling their money. That doesn't make sense. Ben and Jessa have a growing family, why would the give their money into "Duggar Inc."?  Do Jill and Derick put their money into "Duggar Inc"? What about Jeremy? The "kids" have been the stars of the show for two season and a three part special, I'm 99% percent sure they get the paychecks.

I hope Ben and Jessa are saving their money, because their TLC show won't last forever.

Back to lurking again :pufff:

42 minutes ago, Kira said:

I found the business insider article from June: http://www.businessinsider.com/reality-tv-stars-salaries-2016-6/#a-players-on-a-cable-reality-show-30000-to-10-million-per-season-6  I guess I should have found and read the article again before posting my previous comment :pb_lol: I was wrong(maybe?), but I bet they make more than $3,000 an episode (TLC looooves them and "19 KIds" gave TLC some of their best ratings)

I disagree with your comment, @calimojo. I don't think JB is controlling their money. That doesn't make sense. Ben and Jessa have a growing family, why would the give their money into "Duggar Inc."?  Do Jill and Derick put their money into "Duggar Inc"? What about Jeremy? The "kids" have been the stars of the show for two season and a three part special, I'm 99% percent sure they get the paychecks.

I hope Ben and Jessa are saving their money, because their TLC show won't last forever.

Back to lurking again :pufff:

Why would they give their money to Duggar Inc?

Maybe because Duggar Inc supports them...supplies their home and transportation.

Wonder how they meet their medical needs? An ambulance ride, hospital admission and blood transfusion cost money.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Why would they give their money to Duggar Inc?

Maybe because Duggar Inc supports them...supplies their home and transportation.

Wonder how they meet their medical needs? An ambulance ride, hospital admission and blood transfusion cost money.

The paychecks they get from TLC supports them!(but like I said, I hope the Seewalds, Dillards, etc are saving their TLC money)

Giving their TLC money to JB makes no sense. They will need that money to support a growing family. Do you guys think give/gave all of the money( from Wal-Mart, FRC, speaking engagements , real estate etc..) to JB? I 've seen a few people wonder if JD was to keep his earnings from his rental property. I could maybe see JB doing this to the unmarried kids(especially his daughters), but not the married kids.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

The paychecks they get from TLC supports them!(but like I said, I hope the Seewalds, Dillards, etc are saving their TLC money)

Giving their TLC money to JB makes no sense. They will need that money to support a growing family. Do you guys think give/gave all of the money( from Wal-Mart, FRC, speaking engagements , real estate etc..) to JB? I 've seen a few people wonder if JD was to keep his earnings from his rental property. I could maybe see JB doing this to the unmarried kids(especially his daughters), but not the married kids.

We will have to agree to disagree...I have seen nothing that indicates that JB has allowed his adult children to be independent from him in any way, sense or form. Josh tried to move away and failed. Jill and Derick were seemingly flailing in Central America. It appears none of these adults has what it takes to live independently from JB, his influence, the carrots he dangles or his money.

1 hour ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Bunyan Fly Fortification "Lollipop" Seewald

And you've just ruined what was an adorable memory for me @3KidsAndStopped. When Playakid #1 was about a year old she was completely obsessed with this song which my mother-in-law introduced her to. She'd drop whatever she was doing to run around in tiny clumsy circles whenever we'd play it on the record player, all while trying to sing along in her babbling baby way.

7 hours ago, Playagirl said:

And you've just ruined what was an adorable memory for me @3KidsAndStopped

Sorry :( if it's any consolation I have memories around that song too, which I think made me think of it. Its a bit like "i see you baby", i loved that song but now its on that just eat advert all i can hear is chicken madras lol 

On 12/9/2016 at 0:31 AM, CharlieInCharge said:

I kinda like the title cause it reminds me of the Glee scene when Finn sings it at the dinner table. Weirdest musical interlude in the show to me.

Anything from season 3 onwards was weirder than that. Ryan murphy is a maniac that doesn't know when its too much

I stopped watching after season 2 because I watched it with my mom and when she passed I couldn't watch anymore. Now I see that was actually a positive side-effect :)

3 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Isn't the man suppose to provide for his family? 

Yes but even better if the LORD provides for your family! And that's how they choose to see the blessing of their television ministry - a sign that God is providing for them because they're such good Christians. That's kind of the dream for them - do absolutely nothing useful or productive, yet still make lots of money because Jesus. 

On 9/11/2016 at 5:31 PM, CharlieInCharge said:

I kinda like the title cause it reminds me of the Glee scene when Finn sings it at the dinner table. Weirdest musical interlude in the show to me.

I don't think I knew the song until I saw it on Glee. I didn't like it there though, bc I could not stand Finn.

Yes! Having my Baby was SUCH a weird scene from Glee! And that was before the show in general got weird.

Pro-tip, I've been listening to the Glee mashups when working out. They make surprisingly good cardio music. Trust me, if you're bored on the elliptical, play Halo/Walking on Sunshine.  :dance:

4 minutes ago, Londish said:

Trust me, if you're bored on the elliptical, play Halo/Walking on Sunshine.  :dance:

"...also, angels!" :my_angel::my_angel::my_angel:

I am so invested in Baby Seewald's potential name. So far, the Duggar daughters chose some odd names. It would be pretty mean if this child got an average name when his/her older bro is stuck with SPURGEON. I shudder to think what name a girl would get.

I'm really confused that Jessa has been really quiet about this new pregnancy. Its almost been a month since they announced and there have been no posts directly mentioning it. very different from baby#1

11 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

I'm really confused that Jessa has been really quiet about this new pregnancy. Its almost been a month since they announced and there have been no posts directly mentioning it. very different from baby#1

Maybe they are saving details for the show? I am surprised there aren't more photos. 

26 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

Maybe the novelty wore off.

45 minutes ago, Arix said:

45 minutes ago, Arix said:

She is a pro now she already know what to do and everything. Is n 2. 

6 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

She has a baby this time around. She may not have as much time to focus on it as she did last time when it was just her and Bin. I know that's the case for a lot of parents at least - and may or may not be the reason mom never really finished adding photos to my younger brother's baby book. :pb_lol:

So Ben is taking classes from Moody Bible College? They should name their next kid Moody. Anne of Green Gables fans will remember a character called Moody Spurgeon! That's what I think of when I hear that poor little baby's name. That and Sturgeon...

1 hour ago, Markie said:

So Ben is taking classes from Moody Bible College? They should name their next kid Moody. Anne of Green Gables fans will remember a character called Moody Spurgeon! That's what I think of when I hear that poor little baby's name. That and Sturgeon...

I always felt so bad for Moody Spurgeon. That's such a terrible name.

Then again, i thought Gilbert's name was pretty awful for such a sweet guy.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

She has a baby this time around. She may not have as much time to focus on it as she did last time when it was just her and Bin. I know that's the case for a lot of parents at least - and may or may not be the reason mom never really finished adding photos to my younger brother's baby book. :pb_lol:

I had both of my kids' first pair of shoes saved, and mounted with a picture frame. In my daughter's (#1 kid), there is a newborn picture of her in the frame. In my son's, it was blank until last July when he, as a joke, placed a recent photo of himself, facial hair and all, into the frame. It took me about a week before I noticed it. My son turned 26 2 weeks ago. Yep, nothing like having more than 1 kid for a parent to get perspective.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived