IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, twinmama said:

This is a good point. Since I was carrying twins, my OB prescribed a prenatal vitamin that had higher levels of folic acid than the average over the counter vitamin. And without any exam of any kind, Jessa could be carrying twins (not that I think she is) and have no idea. Just very bad planning to not have any exams at all. I don't think you need ultrasounds left and right but have a professional make sure everything is going well. 

Do they even take vitamins?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

Oh god, with their diet I hope so!!!! The only way I don't lose my mind worrying about my insanely picky 4 year old eaters is that they take their multivitamin every morning. 

10 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

One would think and hope! Right? They have to! Everyone knows that you have to take prenatal vitamins! 

To be fair, any multivitamin would work. The Women's multivitamin has the exact ingredients as prenatals, and Men's Multis have the exact same (including the Folic Acid) as a woman's, minus the iron.

I had to take the men's when I was pregnant due to too much iron  - even after i switched to bottled water.

1 hour ago, JessaBlessa said:

Michelle did- there was something in one of the books or an early show where she talked about being in a minor car accident and when they took an x-ray of her they could see the undigested vitamins in her stomach so she switched to a chewable vitamin.

50 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Michelle did- there was something in one of the books or an early show where she talked about being in a minor car accident and when they took an x-ray of her they could see the undigested vitamins in her stomach so she switched to a chewable vitamin.

Michelle also, for the most part, had prenatal care with a medical doctor, hospital births, child birth classes...

Why that's not a basic right for her her grandchildren and their mothers is beyond me.

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle also, for the most part, had prenatal care with a medical doctor, hospital births, child birth classes...

Why that's not a basic right for her her grandchildren and their mothers is beyond me.

I don't think it's not a basic right for them (as evidenced by their last minute hospital trips) I think it's a contest to see who can be the most. . . Pious? I'm not sure what word to use here, while going through pregnancy and childbirth.

9 hours ago, EmmyJay said:

I don't think it's not a basic right for them (as evidenced by their last minute hospital trips) I think it's a contest to see who can be the most. . . Pious? I'm not sure what word to use here, while going through pregnancy and childbirth.

But if MAMA, the holy grail of motherhood and MOY didn't sacrifice herself by forgoing professional care and birthing toddlers at home, why should they?

In this regard, the Bateses girls seem to have a better understanding of what is at stake. And once you've had a problem, damn, make a better choice next time. It's stubborn and idiotic all rolled into 1 smug personality.

And I really don't understand the logic, if any, if Jill is pregnant if she returns to a country where zika could be prevalent. I don't know the statistics for El Salvador. It would be sad if she returns to that environment if pregnant and if she knows zika is a real risk. Sigh. 

23 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

He needs to grow up. Also yes, better glasses. He can't pull of hipster and he can't pull of rapper. I think preppie though would work fr him. Don't go Jim Boob though that look works for no one. 

Flat-billed hats are the style for kids Bin's age (high school/college)  at least where I live.  I agree that he can't quite pull it off.  I'm not sure if its because it doesn't look good or just because it looks so out of place within the confines of the Duggar bubble.  I also agree that he can't pull off hipster like Derek.  Maybe the hat, etc. is his way of trying to prevent falling into a Duggar or Jim Bob style pattern.  Bin is naive, but I think even he sees how unhip the Duggar men/boys are.  

As for hearing the HB.   Jill definitely has a doplar.  It was part of an episode of CO.  Derek gave it to her as a gift for completing something.   Surprised that  since Jill already knew before the melty ice cream party that she didn't come over to listen to it yet.  

9 hours ago, freshlemonade said:

Flat-billed hats are the style for kids Bin's age (high school/college)  at least where I live.  I agree that he can't quite pull it off.  I'm not sure if its because it doesn't look good or just because it looks so out of place within the confines of the Duggar bubble.  I also agree that he can't pull off hipster like Derek.  Maybe the hat, etc. is his way of trying to prevent falling into a Duggar or Jim Bob style pattern.  Bin is naive, but I think even he sees how unhip the Duggar men/boys are.  

As for hearing the HB.   Jill definitely has a doplar.  It was part of an episode of CO.  Derek gave it to her as a gift for completing something.   Surprised that  since Jill already knew before the melty ice cream party that she didn't come over to listen to it yet.  

"Listening to it"

LOL I could just seem them having one of these 'fetus/ultrasound parties' for everyone...

1 hour ago, Mozzie said:

"Listening to it"

LOL I could just seem them having one of these 'fetus/ultrasound parties' for everyone...

story line for season 3 

and who caught the bit when Jessa said we are going to Jinge's new apartment and decorate that for her. 

All 22 Duggars/Seewalds etc in a 800 square foot apartment - warn the neighbours

13 minutes ago, nst said:

story line for season 3 

and who caught the bit when Jessa said we are going to Jinge's new apartment and decorate that for her. 

All 22 Duggars/Seewalds etc in a 800 square foot apartment - warn the neighbours

Can Jana and Jessa have a real fight? :P 

6 hours ago, nst said:

story line for season 3 

Wait, the apartment's 800 sq ft? From the way Jim Bob responded to it in the recaps (I haven't seen the show) I pictured it as a 450 sq ft 1-bedroom apartment. 800 sq ft would get you three bedrooms here, so room for at least two blessings plus Jin Jer.

Though, yes, too small for the entire Duggar clan.

They will park some RV's in front of the house. We didn't see good ole RV episode for quite long, did we? 

3 hours ago, alba said:

Wait, the apartment's 800 sq ft? From the way Jim Bob responded to it in the recaps (I haven't seen the show) I pictured it as a 450 sq ft 1-bedroom apartment. 800 sq ft would get you three bedrooms here, so room for at least two blessings plus Jin Jer.

Though, yes, too small for the entire Duggar clan.

didn't someone on air - say he got a new 2 bedroom afterwards - i don't know - i hate jeremy so I don't care 

3 hours ago, nst said:

didn't someone on air - say he got a new 2 bedroom afterwards - i don't know - i hate jeremy so I don't care 

I think he did...well I would think that he would have to. No birth control? Babies shall come, I would think. Plus there will always be a Duggar around. 

Did anyone see Bin's latest Instagram post? I was certainly surprised to see it, because he is at least reading a little bit about race relations in this country. 

12 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Did anyone see Bin's latest Instagram post? I was certainly surprised to see it, because he is at least reading a little bit about race relations in this country. 

Interesting. Wouldn't have expected that from him. He's getting attacked by a few people already for supporting a community that wants to "kill heroes". Of course, it doesn't really tell us where he stands on the police brutality issue.

Can we talk about the trend of posting screenshots of notes on Instagram? I find it so strange. Like -- oh, I had this thought and I typed it out in an app, so let me post a picture of it instead of writing it out on Instagram with a picture like a normal person. 

On 10/23/2016 at 6:33 AM, withaj said:

Interesting. Wouldn't have expected that from him. He's getting attacked by a few people already for supporting a community that wants to "kill heroes". Of course, it doesn't really tell us where he stands on the police brutality issue.

Can we talk about the trend of posting screenshots of notes on Instagram? I find it so strange. Like -- oh, I had this thought and I typed it out in an app, so let me post a picture of it instead of writing it out on Instagram with a picture like a normal person. 

I sometimes feel lost while on instagram. I don't know if I just don't get things but I see things like notes and I am wondering why that' a thing. Mind you I use instagram to post pictures of my cat...

For those without Instagram:

IMG_3586.PNG

I find it interesting and, honestly, a bit refreshing to see a Duggar or Duggar in-law take an interest in a topic like this. And I respect the fact that Ben pointed out how Jesus would have preached unity and love over divisiveness and hate.

He's definitely not a perfect person and definitely not someone I'd want to hang out with, but this is downright enlightened for a lot of Fundies. You never see Whitney Bates post like this - it's all about the thin blue line with her (understandable to a degree since her husband is some type of Police Officer.) 

So I'll give Ben credit for at least thinking about this and considering other viewpoints than what he himself has experienced. It's more than most Fundies, and many white people in general, do.

It is interesting that Ben is even thinking like this. I am sure that he still holds many disgusting points of view but maybe it is a sign that he is growing up just a little or he's using his brain. I will take either. 

I agree, I'm kind of impressed with Ben... preaching love and unity instead of blind hatred and narrow-minded judgement? Hopefully he can take this philosophy and apply it to other areas in his life. I don't think it's extremely likely, but for the sake of his kids (especially if this next one is a girl), I hope he can live a more loving, accepting lifestyle.

On October 21, 2016 at 1:15 AM, EmmyJay said:

We only saw the last of Michelle's many pregnancies when her body was so done she HAD to go the hospital route. We didn't see when she had Jill through Joy at home.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived